[Solved]Background palette issue.

Solum

Hi everyone. I'm playing a little with backgrounds these days, so I created one and tried to replace the statsheet(and main menu)'s with it:

790094NewMenuBGyellow.png

It worked perfectly and I'm pretty happy with the result, however in the statsheet, whenever you scroll up/down or sides, this strange mix of palette appears :

981370BgIssue.png

This problem also happens in the Status Menu. The Main menu after the title screen and the settings don't have this problem.

I tried to find an eventual palette I could've missed using the palette viewer, but when I first scroll the statsheet nothing changes. I can't find this blue that replace the darker color of th background. I checked the image and it's not a transparent color so, while my only clue was this color to be transparent.

So yeah, if someone knows how it can be fixed, I would be really greatful to have some help!

Edited by Solum

... right

lol

if this works the same as CG insertion, then the transparent background color, which i assume is absolute black in this case, needs to be the first pixel in the top left.

your first pixel is 1,1,0

change that to an absolute black pixel and see if that helps?

Edited by Ghatsu!

That's pretty good! It's better now. But this little pixel upper left is still blinking when you scroll.

What I don't understand is that the original Scrolling BG uses a color that is covering a big part of the image as the transparent color. But when you play a standard fire emblem, this scroll issue doesn't happen right? So I wonder how they make this pixel non transparent at the very begining.

well they probably aren't using GBAGE to insert their graphics :P

I'm not sure what to do about that blinking though, i know why its happening but yeah idk the solution. hopefully someone else does :o

I messed around with this a bit, and it looks like your background color is actually the last color in your palette. It should be the first. You can swap the first and last color in Usenti easily.

763b63f7b23863308e9e517114215c00.png

I messed around with this a bit, and it looks like your background color is actually the last color in your palette. It should be the first. You can swap the first and last color in Usenti easily.

763b63f7b23863308e9e517114215c00.png

wow I goofed/ totally forgot you are supposed to make the bg color the first in Usenti.

Sorry for the late up, but I couldn't try this out earlier.

So thank you Primefusion! This solved the problem! Also I have to had that when you save the file with Usenti, you have to uncheck the transparent option, else this won't work.

Thank you guys for the help!

Edited by Solum