Cipher News, Where Art Thou?

FutureKnightX

I hope this doesn't come out as whiny, because it is more out of concern, but where is the Cipher news? I go to the sites and there isn't anything, which leads me to think that there really isn't anything to report on. If so, then Nintendo or IS or whoever needs to do something because interest is dying down from what I can tell. The last 24 hours, this sub forum say no new posts and the few days before that, it was just trading.

People who play TCGs know what I mean here. Stuff like YGO and the Bushi games have a constant stream of news. In Buddyfight, we know of specific cards in a set that comes out after Cipher Series 2, along with specific cars in the set after that one. And yes, I am talking Japanese release dates. I'm not saying "show us all of Series 2", but rather "show us something from Series 2, over rehashing cards we already know". You know what I mean?

Also, I would just bloody hate the idea of having to deal with mass translation and card page creating when the set releases. I'd hate to feel like we have our pants down again. Or maybe that was just me.

Yeah Cipher is still a very young game after all, give it time and let's hope the success pushes it so.

I wonder if the Pokemon TCG has those things now that you mention it, as that's the other card game Nintendo has and thus would be the first one to look at for these things.

We're probably going to have to deal with mass translations for a bit as the game is far too new for them to just be dishing out new cards and info out the wazoo. They have to make sure that they know what kind of balance they're looking for otherwise we'll end up with top tier broken sets every time a new one comes out. We're gonna have to be patient until they get out a few sets before they can start speeding through things.

We're probably going to have to deal with mass translations for a bit as the game is far too new for them to just be dishing out new cards and info out the wazoo. They have to make sure that they know what kind of balance they're looking for otherwise we'll end up with top tier broken sets every time a new one comes out. We're gonna have to be patient until they get out a few sets before they can start speeding through things.

I suppose if the set isn't finished like how I think you're saying (to make sure it's balanced), then it makes sense, but still, they really need to step it up, I feel. No one's talking about their product right now and that can't be good for their bottom line in this day and age of social media and all that.

Could be because they're rebalancing stuff/busy with other things.

Of the other companies, Konami and Pokemon just had a stateside pre-release, and Bushiroad has its Steam Greenlight thing. Perhaps Cipher is pulling a Bushiroad and is being mum about most of the cards until right before release.

I think a lot of the pre-release info was to get people excited and stuff about the game itself moreso than specifically the first series of cards, and it's still over a month away from release... but I want more cards and previews and stuff! I can't help it; I really love these cards. :p

As a counter point, the next Japanese Pokémon set comes out around the same time as Cipher 2 and is introducing some kind of brand new mechanic, but we still know hardly nothing about the set yet either, even though it was announced back in June, and we haven't had any sneak peaks at cards or anything yet. I don't really follow English releases at all, or any other card game releases.

http://buddyfight.wikia.com/wiki/H_Extra_Booster_3%3A_Lord_of_Hundred_Thunders

Just as a comparison, this set here is releasing around the same time as Series 2 and we have info on it. Don't mind the English only release date. Japan can be slow in releasing data like that, but it's bound to be one week before like the other releases. We even know a few cards from the set after that one too. I just wanted to show that the whole "it's more than a month away!" thing isn't necessarily a factor.

But yeah, I am just gonna assume they are carefully balancing the set and don't want to look like idiots by showing off a card and it winds up different at release or something. They also have to deal with introducing new mechanics and likely will have to until all the colors are finished releasing. It's still kinda painful to not see what some of these cards do, though...