TheMoniker struggles through GhebFE

TheMoniker

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to say, but Rori is another one like Ross and Ewan. That is, 80% growths on each stat. She ends up as insane as the others, and has a support triangle with them, just to make matters worse.

But Moniker already saw her growths and disproved that.

It seems my implication that Oliver would exist in this hack has triggered a lot of discussion! I'm sorry to say, however, that most of your predictions are correct...

NO

FUCK NO

NO NO NO NO NO NO

NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yup. Sums it up.

i know right? how dare this hack creator mistake oliver's obsession with true beauty, like himself, for being a no class rapist like gheb?

The dialogue between them is basically the hack coming back around to re-cross all the lines of terribleness it already crossed, except EVEN WORSE.

oliver emblem, sounds delightfully creepy, plus the dialouge would actually have to have at least some effort put into it as oliver is a creepy as fuck man of class!

(olivers great in my opinion because he's a well done parody of upper class decadence, and also no one in the game likes him.)

is oliver gonna show up? please tell me oliver shows up that would be great for your sanity.

"plus the dialogue would actually have to have some effort put into it"? Haha, no, it's not going to be anything CLOSE to effort.

Sorry to say, but Rori is another one like Ross and Ewan. That is, 80% growths on each stat. She ends up as insane as the others, and has a support triangle with them, just to make matters worse.

But, Rori uses Ewan's character slot, which I looked into and saw her growths... Not to mention, at the point she's at she would take tons of time to train, and I want to spend as little time on this whole thing as possible.

Time to meet our NEW FRIEND in...

The CHAPTER 13 PRELUDE!

2UcFt4X.png

Wow, and here I was just swinging the cursor around to see what worked.

I7fvLp4.png

The shop from last chapter changed again, now carrying high-tier staves. Hurrah?

Ki5nFOw.png

N: We continue to follow Gheb on his quest for supreme glory. This time he finds someone very unexpected…

5CS1ThW.png

I caught the chapter title late but this says basically everything you need to know about Oliver's "new" personality.

CtCDP3T.pngPldzzlK.png

Valter: With Seth out of the way… Who’s next?

1opQpLk.png

AND THERE HE IS! At least he has a "custom" portrait, even if it's incredibly crappy.

Oliver: I thought you left already?

Valter: Looks like I didn’t.

Oliver: Haha. It’s my turn to take on Gheb.

Valter: Uh huh.

Oliver: You know? I’ve always wanted to meet him.

Valter: You don’t say.

Oliver: I do say, mate. Oh, I’m late for his funeral. Toodles.

So, this first appearance isn't that bad, but again, wait until him and Gheb talk in the actual chapter.

aBwfJ6b.png

So, Oliver and Lucius are... together. In Glass's route we get Lucius instead, but here Lucius just sort of disappears once this cutscene is done.

Valter: Ugh… Turd… Now I lost my train of thought. I hope he gets killed.

FYqIfXb.pngJrZHRlL.png

Even Valter hates him. Wow.

eVwJLgs.png

Oliver: Follow me.

96LNH5g.png

There he is. Except he dyed his hair green apparently.

Oliver: What’s taking you?

Lucius: … Nothing.

Oliver: You’re silly, precious. Now come.

aJjsFij.png

What is his personality like in Glass's route, I wonder?

51oPdjb.pngRYMqSUq.pngaJpQbsz.pngyZBVFGU.png

Clearly, the best thing to do is pick a fight with them.

Messenger: Towards the dessert.

Kiwi: That’s good to know. Stay on patrol. Kiwi will tell you what to do when the time is right.

Messenger: Yessir.

aPmssy9.png

Kiwi: She sayw that the Fail army is moving towards the desert.

WgOTZMZ.png

Gheb: That can only mean one thing! Kiwi, the dope is there.

Kiwi: Kiwi agrees with you, schmexyness.

Gheb: Fucking onwards, men!

DFejvcl.png

This is SO STUPID. And the worst part is, I have to do it in front of the ENTIRE INTERNET!

(Random Denning blackening?)

dI1p4c2.pngH0W6IVn.png

Don't worry Rori, you won't be participating in any more.

EVER.

ZhKY39C.png

Rori: Hello.

Amelia: Hi. I’m Amelia, nice to meet you.

Rori: I’m, um, Rori.

9S4Pn1F.png

Amelia: If you ever need anything, tell me! We girls need to stick together!

Rori: Sure. Thank you, Miss Amelia.

m1lTv6A.png

Amelia: …fuck. Coming!

Let's get to the actual chapter!

CanHT4W.png

As you can see, we have here a massive combo monster/human army! Yes, yes this is going to be one of the hardest chapters yet.

CtbF9LT.png

Wait, Grandmama Jemima? She's EVIL? Or I guess good depending on your interpretation?

Joshua: Your crap hasn’t been enough.

Jemima: Tell your hat not to worry. I can handle this personally.

Joshua: You also must find that freaky little granddaughter of yours. You understand me? You get what I’m saying?

Jemima: *text skip* but I can help you on that if you keep on this.

Joshua: No thanks, old crone. Me and my sexy hat are leaving. You better kick his ass.

Jemima: You just leave me at peace. He’ll die an appropriate death.

ulhWv9s.png

It's doing it again!

H2tyeRm.png

Jemima: Stupid boy.

ds4tVeF.png

She heads out as a... Summoner? Okay?

qFAOCGx.png

Rori: It’s Grandmama Jemima herself! Eeek! Don’t let her find me!

hE3DHGe.pngsiygwlH.png

L’arachel: She’s the one that summons all the cute deadlies. I should’ve talked to her about that.

Gheb: So that’s the asshole that’s been shitting up all this crap. SHE WILL DIE!

RmTZItD.png

That was one of the LEAST disturbing things we've seen!

L’arachel: Teehee.

END DIALOGUE

fMYzIoM.png

This is one of the hardest chapters we've faced so far. The reason why is because we're getting pelted from all sides, have no real place to retreat to if we need it, and everyone is constantly in danger. I wouldn't say its luck-based, just kind of imbalanced and hard.

9d21Uut.png

The team! Left out are Riev and Batta, who would just drag us down. Plus they're maxed level anyway. Heck, with the exception of L'arachel, I don't have ANY unpromoted units that need training!

CRfAwsg.pngdZAgNxI.png

Position and map! As I said before, we're basically being attacked from all sides!

oqPwpyS.png7F0E0od.png

Even the unpromoted units are crazy at this point. Despite their levels, they actually aren't really a match for me. Just wait until you see the promoted ones...

9QFxbEx.pngCVYgmQS.png

There is one instant of a "G-Forces" around. It's the weakest enemy on the map.

RKKhoLu.png

Oh hey the ballistas op-WAIT A MINUTE

YBn5ONx.png

Yeah. Yeah, we're not done dealing with these losers.

tu8FFtZ.pnguKP0PCi.png

One priest has a stealable, the other a status stave. This is basically guaranteed to cause trouble, isn't it?

3o3yo0m.pngBbvTUxz.png

And let's not forget the random obligatory gypsy!

MgugxeT.png0X23Hlp.pngI8I4t0K.png

But ALL of them pale in comparison to THESE suckers that suck! They're incredibly fast, strong, and dangerous, and there's a LOT of them hanging out in Grandmama Jemima's area. They would be easier to deal with if our OWN units were promoted... but, you know, we're so starved for promotion items that half the team has to work with unpromoted stats.

a32Muob.pngCRaFl6t.png

!!!

MASTER SEAL!

Welp, killing her just became MANDATORY. I do so want that! Aside from that, though, she uses entirely monster spells, has Saleh-style stats, and has a Siege tome she's more than willing to use.

We won't be getting the master seal. Why? The game pulling off one of its biggest BS moves yet, of course!

NEXT TIME: Intense difficulty, horrible joinees

Isn't it possible to just crop a picture and insert it into nightmare, but at the cost of terrible distortion if it's not actually fit for the FE style?

I belive it is, and that's what they did to ruin Oliver's beautiful face. So, now I just have to wait and see the the vile trickery from GhebFE to prevent promotions.

a32Muob.pngCRaFl6t.png

!!!

MASTER SEAL!

Welp, killing her just became MANDATORY. I do so want that! Aside from that, though, she uses entirely monster spells, has Saleh-style stats, and has a Siege tome she's more than willing to use.

We won't be getting the master seal. Why? The game pulling off one of its biggest BS moves yet, of course!

#CarrotOnAStick

But, Rori uses Ewan's character slot, which I looked into and saw her growths... Not to mention, at the point she's at she would take tons of time to train, and I want to spend as little time on this whole thing as possible.

If that's true, then I have the most blessed rori in the world.

vZ1egcd.png

Also, Ewan's Character slot has the class as Shaman and having a B rank in Dark. This along with the bases being different from Nightmare to the game (Nightmare shows higher Res and Def for example), led me to believe that she was in a different character slot. This ended up being one of the random slots, similar to where Gerik was.

If that's true, then I have the most blessed rori in the world.

vZ1egcd.png

Also, Ewan's Character slot has the class as Shaman and having a B rank in Dark. This along with the bases being different from Nightmare to the game (Nightmare shows higher Res and Def for example), led me to believe that she was in a different character slot. This ended up being one of the random slots, similar to where Gerik was.

Dang... but you know what? Not using her, ever, no WAY.

Just. NO.

GhebFE: Episode 15: Chapter 13: Part 1: Assault of Basically Everything

TdLoKpX.png

Haven't we seen this before?

2THiOIy.png

An excellent start! I do NOT want to let the phantoms live!

1CsYXIA.png

Okay, strategy is pretty simple. Actually, I don't really know what it is yet, we're basically going to do what the objective wants us to do: Survive!

Can you spot what I forgot here?

cph67tX.png

That's right! Phantoms can cross mountains, and attack vulnerable units who would have otherwise been safe!

q7W2PRK.png

The second time around, I re-position Phantom a bit... Everything seems to be going fine...

Hl0ef0D.pngjcN0Yoo.png

AND THEN THIS HAPPENS

I HATE THIS GAME

(Yeah, this first part is basically going to set the tone for the entire chapter. This is no walk in the park.)

A3hg9Aq.pnghN1Pbqi.pngb8KcWNB.png

Yes! Things are going well! WE'RE GONNA DO IT!

ZhnfFVZ.png

Moulder has skill and speed capped, so this is kind of forgiveable but still.

XQKRFOj.pngErpKtpx.png

Hah! Your siege spells won't work on me!

B8xCem5.png

Your siege staves, though... *sigh*

BV0n4X0.png

Anyways! We've survived the first turn, and as a reward get some more enemies to deal with!

PXR6zOG.png

One of them has something for us.

G0qdS1K.png\

Get up, Kiwi! I need you!

SmFq9iN.pngRJcMOK6.pngghbdH1M.pngd1QaC9w.png

Good levels all around. Will we be allowed to keep them?

E05zjAG.png

NOT A CHANCE!

ADZR7av.pngxZ69EYK.png

No L'arachel. You just became dead.

QqOfJdU.png

Level re-get! Looks like we'll have to rescue L'arachel back to keep her alive...

GQEJtxv.png

HOLY CRAP IT'S THE DEMON KING

yJ3vRwG.png

Except no, it's actually L'arachel's rescue/drop sprite.

The only question is... WHY?

LPBv4fZ.pngmT2YN5S.png

Fool! Denning will slay you!

3uX2x94.png

He's competent! He can do it!

IZCtj0j.png

OH COME ON

Is nobody capable of standing up to this ridiculous amount of enemies?

P2WpZCS.png

The stone enemy has reached us. This is not good news.

p4oyCE9.png

Hah!

2WPW1av.png

HAH!

gMJ82Qg.png

Good news: We lived!

Bad news: We have basically no semblances of any kind of formation! There are enemies EVERYWHERE!

8B1Kq4z.png

Looks like we'll just have to kill everyone!

LYTvTWZ.png

I make everyone help, even this loser.

891txNz.png

Of course, the worst three stats...

QdATODZ.pngkhkyxuS.png

I see Kiwi is working on his strengths.

98hykcA.png

There's no way we can go up against Grandmama Jemima right now, I've had to pull back a good bit.

hxQe3U9.png

Lighting Sword dodginess powers!

x5sc02W.png

Not the ballista! You cruel beast!

ikMBFSG.png

KILLED BY ECLIPSE, WHY

lP0LmYX.png

That's all the sleep charges...

G5q8Upe.pngXsN8HC2.png

Are we going to do it? WILL WE LIVE?

NY9seOl.pngpMbMUaZ.png

Come on! COME ON!

Jk49M8w.png

Yes! We l-CRAP

Oliver: Precious?

v93IK2a.png

And that's how Lucius is Glass-route only.

Oliver: Aww… Oh well. I see Gheb from a mile away. Hehe, this is gonna be fun.

HFj24oM.pngepgbuRf.png

So, most of the forts on the map just spawned monsters.

UDj4sS7.pngXgcobSU.png

And there's this REALLY BUFF peg over there. Thankfully, it's alone.

wBOFC3S.png

And let's not forget the *shudder* star of the show...

pr0EtWw.pngXWKok4c.pngInQez0p.png

Let's look at his growths.

NEXT TIME:

X3xZIwe.png

Restore has a different animation for ballistae? Huh. That's a REALLY BIG beam.

But seriously.

NEXT TIME: More pain! More death! Less fun!

GROWTHS:

Oliver(???):

HP: 80%

Magic: 55%

Skill: 40%

Speed: 45%

Luck: 35%

Defense: 25%

Resistance: 15%

Total: 295%

Normally, I'd comment on these. But here's the thing. The stream of extra characters, followed by Rori, has made me lose all faith in Nightmare's ability to report correct statistics to me. Looking at this guy's profile, it says his class is supposed to be "sister", which makes me think these are LUCIUS'S growths instead!'

Even if these are actually Oliver's growths, then I don't really know what to say about him. He's... a prepromote bishop? Maybe better than Riev, but I've already invested a lot in Riev...

This whole thing has me feeling kind of drained. I'll comment on how Oliver works in this chapter once we start dying at his hands in the next update.

Well guys, I have some... news. I've finished recording all of Gheb's route! Now, I have to start work on Glass's route, which will hopefully be better for my sanity. I'm not closing the poll anytime soon, because once you guys actually see Glass's route you might change your minds. Not that I would know, I haven't even started it yet.

EDIT: Okay guys, I've been having a problem recently. Whenever I finish one of these posts and hit "Post Reply", it'll take forever to load and then it'll say "website offline" for a minute or two, then it'll be fine again with my post posted. Should I be worried about that at all? Is anyone else having problems?

Edited by TheMoniker

Looking at this guy's profile, it says his class is supposed to be "sister", which makes me think these are LUCIUS'S growths instead!

The "Class" category in the Nightmare character editor only refers to the map sprite that represents the unit in the support viewer: the actual class is decided by events. There's a good chance that the maker of GhebFE was too lazy to change some characters' support viewer classes to match what they're actually loaded as.

It seems that Oliver has a gigantic constitution bonus, so see if that matches up for his slot in the character editor.

It seems like this chapter is one of the most "gauntlet of strong enemies with little rhyme or reason" yet... although I guess that's not saying a whole lot.

Dear diary: today, I saw a unit die to Eclipse. o____o

Edited by Alusq

You saying that you won't be able to get the Master Seal makes me think you won't be able to kill Jemima in time, but i'm not sure how you'd be able to survive 11 turns of this torture.

Question, why aren't you using Colm to steal the enemy's weapons very often? Pretty much every hard boss could be cheesed with that.

The "Class" category in the Nightmare character editor only refers to the map sprite that represents the unit in the support viewer: the actual class is decided by events. There's a good chance that the maker of GhebFE was too lazy to change some characters' support viewer classes to match what they're actually loaded as.

It seems that Oliver has a gigantic constitution bonus, so see if that matches up for his slot in the character editor.

It seems like this chapter is one of the most "gauntlet of strong enemies with little rhyme or reason" yet... although I guess that's not saying a whole lot.

Dear diary: today, I saw a unit die to Eclipse. o____o

I didn't even notice Oliver's constitution bonus! I'm honestly wondering if I shouldn't just switch him and Riev now.

You saying that you won't be able to get the Master Seal makes me think you won't be able to kill Jemima in time, but i'm not sure how you'd be able to survive 11 turns of this torture.

Question, why aren't you using Colm to steal the enemy's weapons very often? Pretty much every hard boss could be cheesed with that.

1: It's not about not being able to kill Jemima in time. You'll see.

2: I WOULD use Colm to steal enemy weapons, but he has limited inventory space, or I forget, and cheesing tough enemies requires that Colm spend his turn. At this point, even with a Lightning Sword he's still quite fragile, and I have to make sure the enemies don't stomp him!

you should honor the hack creator with an update today since its his bday

Oh hey! I didn't know that! I guess now I have to do it. I don't have time for a FULL update, but I can give you a special peek at a certain someone's recruitment conversation! Here we go with...

The SHOCKING PREVIEW:

62QFcWP.png

This is way farther ahead in the chapter than our last update left off on, so, spoiler alert!

VCeFKrw.png

Oliver: Ah, yes. The infamous Gheb.

znFPwW5.png

So, from here on out, I'm kind of, sort of, just going to let the conversation speak for itself. I really don't think my comments can add to what this... this... THIS already is.

Gheb: Lol, huh?

Oliver: Yes, I believe we share a common taste. We must make this an epic.

Gheb: … Common taste as in?

Aa1Vllv.pngytES8xV.png

Gheb: common interest in raep we share.

Oliver: Surely… You see,

CEpalNl.png

Oliver: Human, animal, it does not matter. I will raep it. Right now I have the most beautiful raep toy.

Gheb: *sniff* We do share a common taste. People like you do not come up every day. Why the fuck do you work for Gleb anyway?

Oliver: Why, he has provided me with much chances. I just help him around.

Gheb: Join my forces. We do share a common taste after all.

Oliver: Right you are. … Very well, there is nothing to

GRGqjCk.pngI5lhYQD.png

And now you know why I was talking about this conversation in such horrified terms earlier.

JESUS! This Oliver's more fucked up than a hooker in the back of a strip club! I never thought I'd say this, but... BRING MY BEAUTY-LOVING CREEPER BACK!

At least I could identify with his love of art... *sniff*

And the infamous GhebFE claims another victim's sanity... because I've never cringed at this hack until now.

GLORIOUS

I'm pretty sure it's what Baudelaire meant when he was commenting on the beauty of rotten corpses.

If he was still alive, he would definitely have a full chapter of Flowers of Evil dedicated entirely to GhebFE.