TheMoniker

Translation time!

[spoiler=Rango de Movimiento]

ZUvRAMX.png

"The blue area that appears when you select a unit is your movement range"

Also rango isn't a word in spanish.

[spoiler=Movidendose de Nuevo]

JLn1qrt.pngSQxP3Xv.png

"Units on horseback and dragons* can move again if they have rescued another unit or used an item."

Also item is not a word in spanish

*They probably mean wyverns, but it's odd because pegasi aren't mentioned even though they can canto.

Yeah they're just the regular tutorials except in (poor) Spanish.

On an unrelated note, that dialogue made me cringe harder than Trump's twitter account.

Edited by Upside-DownFish

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the boss, remember that this hack was constructed before event editing was a thing. Most if not all events are from the original. Likewise, the battle with the boss is also structured as if I t was in the original fe8 rom. Essentially the outcome is the same, generic npc gets stomped by him, except that the stats are different so in the actual battle he doesn't die, but after it he is scripted to die, which he does despite "surviving" it.

All the text had to be done in a format that wouldn't break the vanilla structure, put too much and you start overwriting and start sceewing the rom up. Since this was don't before FeEditor, text texting wasn't as streamlined as it is now.

While I have no experience before the editor, Aitos might have done the edits using something else.

IIRC, something called the anti huffman patch? Blademaster or Klokinator might know?

Edited by CorruptDruid

IIRC, something called the anti huffman patch? Blademaster or Klokinator might know?

I don't really know the full details, but I believe the anti-huffman patch is what FEditor uses as well, in that it lets you write (uncompressed?) text to the game in general. FEditor made the process of text editing easier because you didn't have to write straight to a hex editor anymore and made the commands for load/open face more human friendly since before you had to type in the right byte in hex in the editor and then type the text in the text part of the code.

Personally, I'm laughing my ass off. I don't see what's so bad about this hack. It's fun.

Plus I'm not the only playing it, so I can just enjoy the dialogue. :p

oh goody good, my version doesn't have the mooving, instead a silver lance

on the bright side, that prologue soldier no longer one rounds gheb in combat or two shots him

also my tana can use swords, huh

welp i finished up chapter 2 and oh shit its really tough, i managed with that said. (i would like to point out i can't set mines either)

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

I remember I started a Binks FE once in the past, though it was one of the earliest versions of the patch. Haven't tried this one.

Isn't there a way to get monster units in this with generic soldier portraits, I think I saw it in a video?

no i don't believe so.

with that said i do remember an actual generic soldier

Can't decide if this hack falls under So Bad it's Good, Bile Fascination or just...plain bad.

Depending on how dirty your mind is, it can be any one of those things.

ya did pretty well there, alright time for character talk.

Gheb: not going to lie, he's only good at doing alot of damage in one hit, MAYBE he'll survive a round of combat due to his HP

Ameila: actually pretty damn good overall, a must have in my opinion

Tana: I have somehow managed to train her in the past and she CAN be really good, but its definitely not worth the effort and the save state abuse needed.

CAELLACH: he'll be saving your ass early game, but that low luck and bases are going to murder him once you get actually good units.

i believe you get a cavalier and a monk next chapter, the cavalier might be alright but the monk is questionable.

Thanks for the advice again, I KNEW training Tana was a bad idea.

Translation time!

[spoiler=Rango de Movimiento]

"The blue area that appears when you select a unit is your movement range"

Also rango isn't a word in spanish.

[spoiler=Movidendose de Nuevo]

"Units on horseback and dragons* can move again if they have rescued another unit or used an item."

Also item is not a word in spanish

*They probably mean wyverns, but it's odd because pegasi aren't mentioned even though they can canto.

Yeah they're just the regular tutorials except in (poor) Spanish.

On an unrelated note, that dialogue made me cringe harder than Trump's twitter account.

Spanglish!

Regarding the boss, remember that this hack was constructed before event editing was a thing. Most if not all events are from the original. Likewise, the battle with the boss is also structured as if I t was in the original fe8 rom. Essentially the outcome is the same, generic npc gets stomped by him, except that the stats are different so in the actual battle he doesn't die, but after it he is scripted to die, which he does despite "surviving" it.

All the text had to be done in a format that wouldn't break the vanilla structure, put too much and you start overwriting and start sceewing the rom up. Since this was don't before FeEditor, text texting wasn't as streamlined as it is now.

While I have no experience before the editor, Aitos might have done the edits using something else.

That's actually interesting. What I wonder is, were map changes or enemy placement changes possible at the point at which this hack was made? I kind of have to wonder exactly how many changes we can "look forward" to later on.

oh goody good, my version doesn't have the mooving, instead a silver lance

on the bright side, that prologue soldier no longer one rounds gheb in combat or two shots him

also my tana can use swords, huh

welp i finished up chapter 2 and oh shit its really tough, i managed with that said. (i would like to point out i can't set mines either)

Huh, so whatever patch you got working is different? Weird.

I remember I started a Binks FE once in the past, though it was one of the earliest versions of the patch. Haven't tried this one.

Isn't there a way to get monster units in this with generic soldier portraits, I think I saw it in a video?

Binks FE? I think someone requested that over in the rolling request thread, but I couldn't find a working patch link.

Time to ANTICIPATE SUFFERING in...

The CHAPTER 2 PRELUDE!

pPLrAht.pngpamQQ7Y.png

And so, for the first time, we actually get to USE our map screen! ...Not that we can DO anything with it.

oFRdiI0.png

At the very least, we can manage our inventory, and look at our new friends!

pbT4An9.pngXwU60aH.pngZ9APk0l.png

To begin, we have a Wyvern Rider to complement our pegasus knight. I'll look at growths before making any final judgement, but she doesn't look too good.

7diYSti.png7Uthedi.png7x4h2fq.png

This guy isn't designed for combat, but he doesn't need to be. His other feature, healing, means he's a welcome addition to the party.

Okay, let's get going!

nfs7FN3.png

We start things off with another text skip. Beautiful!

N: Now he quests to find a worhty place ot rape the fail-whore in peace…

Just as in Corrupt Theocracy, all mispellings are the left in, and 98% of them are the hack's fault. SUCH A GREAT SCRIPT.

tozdXOW.png

Please, please be another non-indicative title...

kDGotTj.png

Gheb: I shall grant you the benefit of choosing your own rape location. Make sure there are no distractions!

Vanessa: Um…yes, my fat lord.

7BVJpGi.png

Gheb: Of course she has. It’s MAN MAN LEGS, Moulda! SEXY MAN LEGS!

Moulder: Right you are, schmexyness sir. My ‘stache is no match for your sexy man legs.

I find that most of this dialogue is easier to digest if I just ignore it.

3BE5UAx.png

Bandit: Villages!

vA9lTqu.png

Villages = Bandits. It's a rule of FE. If you're heading for a village and aren't a blue unit, you're a bandit.

TrerMSH.png

Oh yes bandits, go and "play" in the villages...

Bandit 2#: Sure, you and the boys have fun. I’ll go somewhere else.

hz72Rn4.png

This brilliant tactics talk has been brought to you by Required FE8 Edit-Blocking Eventstm.

I282lbt.png

Inside the village is... Riev!?

SWRBRnn.png8R6BKjq.png

AND Cormag?

Riev: Can’t you see I’m busy!

Cormag: There are bandits approaching…

Riev: Aand..?

Cormag: We better leave…

If you haven't picked up on it, pretty much every line of dialogue Cormag has contains an ellipse.

Riev: No! I’m not leaving!

Cormag: Senile fool!

Riev: …

Cormag: …

YsvQvxa.png

Overuse of ellipses=good writing, at least in Japan

Cormag: Fine… I’m leaving…

r3dZbbV.png

u6QRmqE.pngkXkuyGz.png

This poor village, it's IMPOSSIBLE TO SAVE!

Bandit: I’m gonna go somewhere else.

wQEKUsG.png

Cormag is Ross, and Riev is Garcia.

Riev: Um, you allright?

Cormag: Can’t you see I’m hurt!?

Riev: Allright, allright…

Cormag: We’ll be lucky to get any help…

Riev: Help? Who needs help? I’ll protect you!

FU0flmT.png

Is he touched by his uncle's offer of help?

Cormag: You can’t even protect yourself…

...Oh, I guess not then.

Riev: Nonsense! You’ll see!

Cormag: Ugh… I’m a dead man…

Such a good vote of confidence.

LN39yEK.png

Oh, you're just noticing the bandits now?

Kwb4jWj.png

Gheb: Found a place yet?

Vanessa: No, fat lord, there’s company.

Gheb: WHAT! I shall kill them, I shall kill them all!

Gs31Cam.png

Moniker's Sanity level has just gone down 10 points!

Gheb: Fail-whore! Get ready for battle!

Vanessa: Yes, my fat lord…

PohBPGe.png8LTZ1va.png

Vanessa: Yes, sir stache, my lord.

END DIALOGUE(thankfully!)

k6SQehk.png

Okay, there aren't that many enemies around. At all. I almost feel like it was reduced from normal. There's 6 bandits, seriously. Maybe that means we're in for an easy time?

Ha! Ha! Ha!

vLGzbkC.pnguE3r03w.pnggCjfjXy.png

First off we have Riev, with newly revealed Cormag relations(FE8 MAKES SO MUCH MORE SENSE NOW). He's a monk, and while he might look just as useless as everyone else, there's a few things about him that give me hope. Of course, I'll have to look at this growths.

(See those crumpets? They're there to help him survive, presumably. Guess whether or not it's going to work?)

3SSY2ht.png9nsSSui.pngaqmgxKb.png

Our last new guy is Cormag, who has 5 HP and needs to be pulled out ASAP. He has good defense, but that speed and skill is kinda a dealbreaker! Like with the others, I'll look at his growths...

U8Z9PxF.png

Here's our bandits. Why don't you compare them to our new characters? Go on, I'll give you a minute.

Yeah... We're in for a time of SHEER UNRELENTING BS PAIN.

iN4U0to.png

(But at least they drop Crumpets!)

sSSkW4v.pngkAMCJvY.png

Bone here is WEAKER than his bandit brothers, and has a very generic description. I don't see him being too difficult, at least.

MPGk5jQ.png

Before we go, don't forget to learn about KICKING RANGES!

GROWTHS:

Vanessa:

HP: 50%

Strength: 35%

Skill: 55%

Speed: 60%

Luck: 50%

Defense: 20%

Resistance: 30%

Total: 300%

A wyvern with peg growths and stats. She's better than Tana, but I can't have any unit that disintegrates in one shot on the team, flier or no.

Moulder:

HP: 70%

Magic: 50%

Skill: 50%

Speed: 40%

Luck: 20%

Defense: 25%

Resistance: 25%

Total: 280%

He might seem generic at first glance, but 50% magic growth is actually VERY good for the "first healer" archetype. He might become our dedicated staffbot, if everyone else is worse than him.

Cormag:

HP: 80%

Strength: 55%

Skill: 40%

Speed: 35%

Luck: 30%

Defense: 45%

Resistance: 25%

Total: 310%

You know what? He's not bad, not bad at all! Maybe I should see if I can train him...

Riev:

HP: 75%

Magic: 55%

Skill: 55%

Speed: 30%

Luck: 35%

Defense: 15%

Resistance: 50%

Total: 315%

As I said, this guy has some qualities that give me hope. Specifically, good enough HP at the start that he isn't wet tissue paper(or at least, no more so than my other units), and a very good magic growth for a monk. He could become a magic tank later on, with staff support utility. I think we should do it!

Generic Strength: Crazy high. Monkier Sanity Index: Going, going... What would the cops do if they saw Gheb? Arrest him, duh. Talking like that is a recipe for jail time. And his acts are highly illegal.

Spanglish!

That's actually interesting. What I wonder is, were map changes or enemy placement changes possible at the point at which this hack was made? I kind of have to wonder exactly how many changes we can "look forward" to later on.

The creator of the hack is from Puerto Rico, and despite it being a commonwealth of the United States, it's actually more likely that his fluency is far better in Spanish than English. If I remember right, actual spoken fluency in Puerto Rico for English is pretty bad since the mother tongue for most people is Spanish. It's rare where you find people possessing command of a single language with minuscule grammar errors. Couple that with the language probably being your second, and then actually turning that into text can sometimes leave you with a very poorly worded piece of crap. Of course it doesn't help that the general tone of GhebFE is Internet speak and that this hack is no way anything serious. The fact that Glass and his "peerless skillz" are in this is a testament to this fact.

Actually changing map placements of enemies is I think either nigh impossible or extremely difficult without the use of the Event Assembler. WIth Nightmare I know you can change the actual characters deployed, the inventory, whether the character is autoleveled from their character data or just used from their actual character data with no influence from their levels.

But actually changing the location on said map coordinates is I think impossible. Likewise, modifying the reinforcements is also much harder without the EA; you're generally forced to work within the parameters of the original events.

Hell, actually some of the findings of the Tower of Valni and Lagdou Ruins are because of him, the Creature Campaign is quite different from the normal chapters in how they are structured. Aitos did this hack before Gheb Saga, which is pretty daunting of a task considering the year this hack was worked on, and that he did it on the FE8 engine first as opposed to the better understood FE7. If you follow any of the hacking scene, you realize that many developments get done generally for FE7 first and then get ported to FE8 if someone was inclined to do so or just necessary demand.

FE6 is just in it's own poorly understood neighborhood. ;(

Of course, my memory of this hack is several years old, it seems that any relevant knowledge of the actual chapters will be better served from HF Makalov Fanboy Kai.

Druid is correct about the hack maker's past i can say that.

as for this chapter, oh boy oh boy, the fact that everyone has axes means your mostly lance based army is going to suffer

with that said, lets talk characters.

Vanessa: she is a fail whore indeed, can be alright, but she suffers the same problem she had in FE8, but more so.

Molder: Honestly he's a life savior and while i don't think i'd have him on the front lines ever, he's does his job well

Cormag: honestly in my opinion he's worth it just because he can use SWORDS in these damn early chapters, good growths too

Riev: that light magic's hit rate is a god send here he does alright damage, he actually hits alot, and he at least dies in two hits instead of one, i normally never keep him around, but do not write him off because i typically use other magic users.

with that said if you are having trouble on this hard mode, feel free to switch to normal, or i can send you my version, which actually has the enemies abit weaker (all these bandits being 1-2 speeds lower is amazing) but you don't have the lance that drops mines.

also if this game looks super hard atm, just wait until the next chapter, there's a hilariously broken mechanic that you can take advantage of, i do wonder if i should explain it now, or wait until he has the chapter 3 prologue up

lol this is so 2009 with the "pwns" and rape jokes. the creator was fairly young when he made this so cut him some slack.

was it even considered funny then by most people?

was it even considered funny then by most people?

this is more 2006/07 then 2009 if i recall correctly, this hack is around 9 years old.

and if people considered it funny back then? well when i was like...lets see...

22- 9 =...13, so i was pretty immature back then, so i did laugh at the stuff, with that said now that i'm older i'm just having chuckles at how ridiculous some of this text is, at the very least its not trying to be serious, so i can't take it seriously.

with that said the quality is still bad, even if its on purpose, just like the meme "It is Shitposting, even if your ironic about it" i am saying this a very bad hack, but taking it seriously is about the second worst thing you can do, the first worst thing is actually playing it yourself.

I mean I would have been around the same age but even then I distinctly remember being unimpressed with these caliber of jokes even back then. Then again, I see how people can get fanbases wholly around those types of jokes...

And nah, I wouldn't take it seriously, it would make it even worse.

I mean I would have been around the same age but even then I distinctly remember being unimpressed with these caliber of jokes even back then. Then again, I see how people can get fanbases wholly around those types of jokes...

And nah, I wouldn't take it seriously, it would make it even worse.

PDP's fandom anyone? its the exact same thing.

no i don't believe so.

with that said i do remember an actual generic soldier

Maybe it was a postgame Lagdou extra?

I remember they all had names like "Pawn" and "clown."

Binks FE? I think someone requested that over in the rolling request thread, but I couldn't find a working patch link.

I felt kinda bad that I didn't have my copy of the patch anymore, admittedly it was one of the very early/unfinished versions.

I think there's a topic in 2012 that has a copy of it?

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Man you people are big babies.

I mean this is GhebFE, what did you expect? I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be deliberately bad and tasteless, the audacity and ridiculousness is where the humor comes from. Getting offended by that is retarded

Man you people are big babies.

I mean this is GhebFE, what did you expect? I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be deliberately bad and tasteless, the audacity and ridiculousness is where the humor comes from. Getting offended by that is retarded

Who's offended? I find the jokes bad, tasteless and not funny and was asking if people even found them funny when this hack was made, and since that's what it was aiming to do, good fucking job I guess.

I dunno, most of the people posting seem offended; like yeah, it's tasteless, but as you'll admit, that's the point and you could argue (to me) that it's so tasteless and unfunny that it reaches a singularity to where it becomes funny again. Meta humor if you will.

The complaints are like a guy who goes to a Chinese restaurant, even though he hates Chinese food, and then bitching about how they have the gall to serve him Chinese food.