TheMoniker struggles through GhebFE

TheMoniker

While it is foolish to expect anything different than what you know you're getting yourself into, 'offended' wouldn't be the word I would use. It's like Birdemic or Sharknado: you can try to review them or have a discussion about them, but it'll mostly consist of "it's bad". To which the obvious answer is "no fucking shit". Which is why I think a playthrough of GhebFE is sorta pointless unless you've never seen it before.

Unfortunately, I don't feel the tinge of so bad it's good in this instance. Others might think so.

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I don't feel the tinge of so bad it's good in this instance. Others might think so.

I think it's so bad that it is bad. Honestly if there weren't as many cringey rape jokes my opinion of the hack would shoot up by a lot.

Even still I'm going to read the rest of this playthrough and be content that I got exactly what I voted for.

Edited by Upside-DownFish

What's bothering me more is that people voted for it, but then are all "UGH THIS IS AWFUL WHY DID I VOTE FOR THIS"

It's like nobody did any research and just assumed it would be funny to make Moniker go through this. Sadists who can't take what they inflict on others, all y'all.

poor Moniker ;~;

What's bothering me more is that people voted for it, but then are all "UGH THIS IS AWFUL WHY DID I VOTE FOR THIS"

It's like nobody did any research and just assumed it would be funny to make Moniker go through this. Sadists who can't take what they inflict on others, all y'all.

poor Moniker ;~;

pretty much this, this is the actual reason why i didn't vote for it.

with that said i hope i'm still useful with assisting with my information.

The creator of the hack is from Puerto Rico, and despite it being a commonwealth of the United States, it's actually more likely that his fluency is far better in Spanish than English. If I remember right, actual spoken fluency in Puerto Rico for English is pretty bad since the mother tongue for most people is Spanish. It's rare where you find people possessing command of a single language with minuscule grammar errors. Couple that with the language probably being your second, and then actually turning that into text can sometimes leave you with a very poorly worded piece of crap. Of course it doesn't help that the general tone of GhebFE is Internet speak and that this hack is no way anything serious. The fact that Glass and his "peerless skillz" are in this is a testament to this fact.

Actually changing map placements of enemies is I think either nigh impossible or extremely difficult without the use of the Event Assembler. WIth Nightmare I know you can change the actual characters deployed, the inventory, whether the character is autoleveled from their character data or just used from their actual character data with no influence from their levels.

But actually changing the location on said map coordinates is I think impossible. Likewise, modifying the reinforcements is also much harder without the EA; you're generally forced to work within the parameters of the original events.

Hell, actually some of the findings of the Tower of Valni and Lagdou Ruins are because of him, the Creature Campaign is quite different from the normal chapters in how they are structured. Aitos did this hack before Gheb Saga, which is pretty daunting of a task considering the year this hack was worked on, and that he did it on the FE8 engine first as opposed to the better understood FE7. If you follow any of the hacking scene, you realize that many developments get done generally for FE7 first and then get ported to FE8 if someone was inclined to do so or just necessary demand.

FE6 is just in it's own poorly understood neighborhood. ;(

Of course, my memory of this hack is several years old, it seems that any relevant knowledge of the actual chapters will be better served from HF Makalov Fanboy Kai.

Hmm, this is quite interesting. I didn't know the creator didn't have English as their first language, I guess that explains... SOME of the hack's dialogue... And it's nice to know that we'll be mostly getting changes in stats. Imagine if this hack tried to make a custom map...

Druid is correct about the hack maker's past i can say that.

as for this chapter, oh boy oh boy, the fact that everyone has axes means your mostly lance based army is going to suffer

with that said, lets talk characters.

Vanessa: she is a fail whore indeed, can be alright, but she suffers the same problem she had in FE8, but more so.

Molder: Honestly he's a life savior and while i don't think i'd have him on the front lines ever, he's does his job well

Cormag: honestly in my opinion he's worth it just because he can use SWORDS in these damn early chapters, good growths too

Riev: that light magic's hit rate is a god send here he does alright damage, he actually hits alot, and he at least dies in two hits instead of one, i normally never keep him around, but do not write him off because i typically use other magic users.

with that said if you are having trouble on this hard mode, feel free to switch to normal, or i can send you my version, which actually has the enemies abit weaker (all these bandits being 1-2 speeds lower is amazing) but you don't have the lance that drops mines.

also if this game looks super hard atm, just wait until the next chapter, there's a hilariously broken mechanic that you can take advantage of, i do wonder if i should explain it now, or wait until he has the chapter 3 prologue up

I'm definitely having some trouble with these insane enemies, but I don't think it's impossible. I'd ask you to tell me the broken mechanic(as my recording is usually about a chapter ahead of what I'm posting here), but I think I've already figured it out... does it involve thieves?

Thanks again for your advice, though.

PDP's fandom anyone? its the exact same thing.

PDP?

I felt kinda bad that I didn't have my copy of the patch anymore, admittedly it was one of the very early/unfinished versions.

I think there's a topic in 2012 that has a copy of it?

Yeah, that's where I looked, but the link is broken now.

Man you people are big babies.

I mean this is GhebFE, what did you expect? I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be deliberately bad and tasteless, the audacity and ridiculousness is where the humor comes from. Getting offended by that is retarded

I don't think people are offended by this, more like they're just aggravated by the ludicrous tastelessness. Or they find the ludicrosity funny, I don't know.

poor Moniker ;~;

I agree with this, if any of you ever wish I wasn't doing this hack, just think about the fact that we could be doing Requiem here instead, and that we aren't is YOUR FAULT!

(Unless you didn't vote for this in which case thank you)

GhebFE: Episode 3: Chapter 2: Rescue(and subsequent training) of Riev

be55Lfa.pngL5MLqqw.png

In this chapter especially, we can never forget about the Weapon Square!

dYF3nvW.png

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS!

xaBINGm.png

Tana is assigned to break into the villages, since she's worthless.

LgjaIIh.pngGQAMT3y.pngQSf8L2J.png

...Okay then?

nkzhHfB.png

Okay, let me talk about something here with you all. This bandit DOUBLES Riev. As you can see, he has a 42% hit chance and he 2-shots him. That's right, it's more than possible that Riev will die ON THE FIRST TURN. Keep in mind, Cormag also doesn't have enough speed to not get doubled and he starts at 5 HP, so he's in the exact same boat!

BOTH units are in danger on the first turn, and you can only rescue ONE of them! You're vulnerable to RNG screwage NO MATTER WHAT!

hpMclyh.png

As it is, Riev dodges both times the first time, then attacks him on his phase and only dodges once. At least he was smart enough to grab the fort...

lpeKlFM.png

Time to heal!

INGiftH.png

Looks like Moulder's palette is nor-

c9nCTP3.png

WAIT WHAT WHY ARE YOU CASTING MAGIC NO STOP

tN6fEFn.png

He's... healed now?

...Okay?

nZJrs9g.png

Let's get him recruited!

Yao4nWv.png

Cormag: I’m… Cormag… sir…

QBJOyT5.png

Cormag: Right…

And then Gheb just sort of barges past him.

ErWXmnJ.png

Caellach: What do you want?

So, Gheb's involvement here was just because of FE8 events. This is the REAL conversation.

5Y6Se9n.png

(No Cormag, stop!)

Cormag: I uh… my uncle might need some help…

Caellach: I’ll help you… don’t ask why… just stay out of our way… particularly the fat man’s way…

Cormag: … allright… thanks…

Caellach: Really… don’t dare mention it… or I’ll kill you.

Cormag: Ack, yes sir…

Caellach: In return, you’ll have to be my chore boy, my slave… if you will.

S2BSeQQ.pngYbHyl6c.png

Wow Caellach. Wow.

Caellach: Trust me, you’ll like being with me. And I’m tired of doing what the fat man says without help…

Cormag: Allright… just save my idiot uncle… he’s all I got…

WzTrsPs.png

And he's blue purple, albeit not entirely voluntarily.

SqgXUy3.png

Armory!

FLnNcvf.png

Seems normal... wait a minute!

JtQ2P1u.png

...Not worth it, unless it has some other special property. Malakov? Any info?

b4qb5NW.png

zG6o5h3.pngi0oe2UL.pngRlx7GZ1.png

...Okay?

JOcawcw.png

Ah, Crumpets and Tea! I get it now!

dLdCuAH.png

Riev steps off his fort and heals up. He was lucky enough to dodge both fatal attacks from the stupid bandit!

7cqa4xX.png

Ah, here's the rest of the enemies. You're not helping, you know!

zVPzkqu.png

They're actually weaker than the other bandits, thankfully. Still, that's more speed than a bandit should ever have.

mEAAW29.png

Let's get him outta there!

AW4pSbK.png

0aYJmQS.png

Riev: Who? What? Cormag! Who the hell are these people!?

Cormag: They will help us… just try to keep up allright?

Riev: Don’t tell me what to do!

Cormag: ugh…

Riev: Fine… I don’t wanna die alone…

rEIPYfu.png

His light magic is great help for chipping these guys ~35 HP!

AHQUoRt.png

Hmm... speed is nice.

hkIYpcL.png

Vanessa's gonna fly down to the village. Don't worry, she's safe from enemies here!

Ice6g9B.png

Riev calls upon... Anna(?) to assist him.

fkv1rJT.png

At first I thought I wasn't gonna train him. I'll change my stance later.

q4DxcjM.png

Defenses are in very short supply right now, for everyone. The more Gheb gets the better, but I'd REALLY appreciate some speed.

(He failed a 90% strength growth...)

eXly8Bk.png

Riev helps to lure out an enemy. You know guys, I really have a good feeling about him!

9wMLnhS.png

WELL NEVER MIND THEN

Jd8ywZk.png

Hey! This isn't a village! This is an armory!

I'm having DDOP flashbacks... which is totally okay, because that's more enjoyable than this is!

3uLYSYX.png

A better tome for Riev? A blade that nobody will be able to use for a while?

MPYBNi4.png

But of course I'll buy some!

hws98Kl.png

I get Cormag a kill, but it was more out of necessity than anything. Every other unit had already used their turn...

u0mVaxE.png

Yeah, I don't feel like saving it was a possibility.

0KUTmdb.png

Bandit train! It is indeed fearsome...

U3M4uge.png

I have a good feeling about letting Riev tank them out!

L3kdBqy.png

Oooh... now this is a great first level!

qg3CEwW.pngrUz1uL4.png

Yeah, we're here to stop you "playing" in the villages.

nlZv9Nx.pngRunpPH8.png

My good feeling was RIGHT!

0qMjOoK.png

Time to fight the enem-DANG IT

asCUhpM.png

This is Riev's death quote. Turns out he can't survive a second turn.

HfwInUQ.png

Now only one bandit can attack him!

kLvC1ZZ.png

We kill the boss's friend, and he's all alone...

xE0jQ6K.png

FINISHER!

I6rOzks.png

Zh5Zl7X.png

DANGIT RIEV

Was I wrong about you?

NEXT TIME: This update was long enough we're going to need a separate one for the conclusion. Expect it soon.

Time to shudder in...

The CHAPTER 2 CONCLUSION!

O7BmZrQ.pngdNZ2z59.png

Gheb: Let’s raep you now, huh?

No! Don't do it!

Gheb: Ehhh… The cornmug boy!

LhKHOKm.png

And here's Ellipse dude.

sG0NZEi.png

Riev: Excuse me!

Cormag: Uncle… shut up!

huRPLl7.png

*me, about this entire hack*

yCCEnax.png4gqJXmO.png

Caellach: He stays.

oDWYBEA.png

"assitant"

ZkzIuLk.png

Gheb: Allright. I liek you.

rHw2HN8.png

Gheb: Even if it’s a man-whore.

Moniker's sanity has decreased by 8 points!

C9Rct46.png

*me, when playing this hack*

Gheb: Vanessa!

Caellach: …

biInyqu.png

And here we are, in front of a village, which was apparently Gheb's chosen spot...

GDcI08m.png

He's not actually going to-

FeQyqxV.pngkIin8Ka.png

Vanessa: Ah, yes!

giBjGSP.pngcSRbean.png

Wait... WHAT? Did the hack just put SERIOUS UNDERTONES into this!? Is it trying to be serious or just have tons of crass humor!? You can't just say "oh yeah all the rape jokes are okay because it's intended to be funny" and then put this pseudo-serious stuff in! NO!

xMwvJ7n.png

Let's... let's just move on.

FdX71sS.png

Tana ambush?

Caellach: Hmmm? Ugh, Tana, what do you want.

Tana: Oh, nothing, I was just wondering… Why did you help the kid?

Caellach: Whore…

jRabrPS.png

Blackmailing a young teen into being his personal slave = good side

I'd hate to see his bad side.

wLrzipt.png

Apparently, Amelia's here too!

Caellach: You two are so full of fail.

4LBpha7.png7mrToea.png

Tana: Oh, hi.

Cormag: Hello.

Amelia: What’s your name?

Cormag: Cormag…

Amelia: Well, I’m Amelia, and this is Tana.

Tana: Hi.

Cormag: I see…

Tana: So, I guess we’ll see you around then.

emmLHoB.png

Come on, Amelia! Don't internet-speak!

ZozwyMO.pngWTMgjmZ.png

Cormag: Ahh! Sir… what? Sorry, I never got your name.

Caellach: Caellach, but don’t call me that. Just boss to you.

Cormag: Allright… Boss…

Caellach: Three rules: 1) Don’t thank me for anything. 2) Don’t get near me unless I tell you to. 3) Don’t talk to me either… Got that?

Those are some pretty weird rules...

Cormag: Yes… Boss…

Caellach: Good!

Ozt6eM1.png

And Riev's here too!

Riev: Cormag, boy! What’s with the face?

Cormag: I uh…

Riev: Nevermind…

TskXvnj.png

Get out, Gheb.

Gheb: Cornmug! So you’re Caellach’s man-whore, huh?

Cormag: I don’t think that’s the right term…

Gheb: LOL Where’s he anyway?

Cormag: I dunno… fat sir.

Gheb: Bah! Caellach!!

c6pp6ou.png

*me, when starting this hack*

So far, I have not been wrong.

68ftD40.png

And then, FE8 EVENTING STRIKES AGAIN!

DaHiJSP.png

Gheb: FLASHBACK!! Pwnsome!

squQjIU.png

Gheb: ….LYYOOONN!!

q4LHoxr.png

And then Gheb tackles him.

That had better be a hug-tackle.

QZNNXJl.png

And now... Selena!? You weren't supposed to appear again until way later!

Selena: Am I lost… I can’t be lost… Sir Lyon needs me!

x0BrBs8.png

Caellach: … Selena?

Caellach chases after her... and we're done!

KJW251f.png

NEXT TIME: A slightly more PG topic, our group tries to get food, and instead gets some great new units!

f2VwT9x.png

Also, we learn about MAGICKZ!

I assume PDP is in reference to PewDiePie, some youtuber that's proof that most subscribers trace their genealogy to Baldrick.

So far you have Gheb and his enormous girth, you will get Glass with his peerless skillz, and to complete this trifecta you get

Batta the Beast

Overall not much in the early chapters, I believe it gets more difficult after the route split, and once you have access to the Tower and Lagdou, you realize that grinding is a bit more difficult than it was in vanilla.

Taking this hack in any manner that approaches seriousness is actually a sign of one's dwindling intelligence, the entire premise of this hack is based on the absurdity of failure reject bosses in FE8 and FE7 attaining their memetic status and going on their unsurprising idiotic adventure.

Essentially a game you play with as minimum number of neurons firing. This is the real goal of this hack, the first one to operate on zero wins!

yeah that was a hug tackle, yes the overpowered thing i am talking about does involve thiefs, and yes corruptdruid i'm talking about pewdiepie, who used to be a normal CoD player, then he hit it out on LP's and his starting style that he had for afew years was basically rape jokes, i think he might be done with that now as i don't really care about e-celebs, but i dunno, i'd prefer markiplier if i want "scarecam man screaming and making funny faces"

but yes good job on the chapter, next up is a very useful thief and a pretty great mage, squishy tho.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Monkier Sanity Index: Slightly cuckoo. Law-breakers: 2. My thoughts: Why is Renais devoid of cops? Did Gheb eat them all or something?

I just want to have a live tab on Moniker's sanity level. We'll just have a starting total and see how far it dwindles by the end of the LP.

Someone needs to make an FE hack where Moniker has to fight horrible hacks that lower his sanity (hp). He heals by playing (read: using) good hacks, and attacks by making posts on SF. The boss of the map is GhebFE. Kinda like those ragefest submissions that make MarkyJoe the main character, except, obviously, with Moniker-as-Saleh as the main character. Anyone else have any ideas?

I assume PDP is in reference to PewDiePie, some youtuber that's proof that most subscribers trace their genealogy to Baldrick.

So far you have Gheb and his enormous girth, you will get Glass with his peerless skillz, and to complete this trifecta you get

Batta the Beast

Overall not much in the early chapters, I believe it gets more difficult after the route split, and once you have access to the Tower and Lagdou, you realize that grinding is a bit more difficult than it was in vanilla.

Taking this hack in any manner that approaches seriousness is actually a sign of one's dwindling intelligence, the entire premise of this hack is based on the absurdity of failure reject bosses in FE8 and FE7 attaining their memetic status and going on their unsurprising idiotic adventure.

Essentially a game you play with as minimum number of neurons firing. This is the real goal of this hack, the first one to operate on zero wins!

Ah, PewDiePie... yeah, I get it.

Ahh! Spoilers!

It gets MORE difficult?

Monkier Sanity Index: Slightly cuckoo. Law-breakers: 2. My thoughts: Why is Renais devoid of cops? Did Gheb eat them all or something?

Back then, they had guards instead of cops, and most places were devoid of them. Gheb probably ate the guards.

Lol there are some serious sadists here voting for you to do both routes. I voted for this hack, but I'm not gonna torture someone that much.

Yeah, listen you guys. I've given you plenty of outs with this one. First, someone put GhebFE on the poll, and it won by a large amount. Then, you guys clamored for me to end Reckoning early, and then I put a vote on whether to do Requiem or GhebFE after that, and GhebFE again won by a large amount. Now, I'm giving you guys an opportunity to end it early, and "do as much as possible" is winning by a landslide.

If the majority ever claims to hate this hack, I don't believe you all for a SECOND.

Hey Moniker, why do you keep commenting on the game dialogue at this point? I'm sure by now everyone knows what its like and what you think of it. Might as well spare yourself the effort of adding the comments.

People would probably be disappointed if I didn't say SOMEthing, though this dialogue usually leaves me devoid of good commentary... I mean, please don't tell me you guys expect me to make more jokes out of the rape jokes.

I just want to have a live tab on Moniker's sanity level. We'll just have a starting total and see how far it dwindles by the end of the LP.

But that would explain the joke, and thus ruin it!

Someone needs to make an FE hack where Moniker has to fight horrible hacks that lower his sanity (hp). He heals by playing (read: using) good hacks, and attacks by making posts on SF. The boss of the map is GhebFE. Kinda like those ragefest submissions that make MarkyJoe the main character, except, obviously, with Moniker-as-Saleh as the main character. Anyone else have any ideas?

I would play it, but the boss might be better as Corrupt Theocracy... wait, no, I think this is worse than CT. At least that one didn't contain rape jokes, and only heavily implied rape in a semi-serious manner.

Let's just do...

The CHAPTER 3 PRELUDE!

znYvT3B.png

World map screen, with an armory if we need it! I just wish we had shops...

Yc90CC7.png

Cash!

AF6NipA.png

The game plays the normal mapping events, as expected. Even Midnight Sun couldn't get rid of this one.

e53hOsA.png

Don't remind me!

N: And Caellach got a new slave. At night, Caellach encounters and old lover, and chases after her. Gheb and his posse chase after Caellach.

XBlEXZh.png

Gheb charges forward! We have a whole chase-chain going on here...

h9qqwdx.png

As you can guess, we have more goals with this chapter than just getting Caellach. We have to feed Gheb.

uq8YQ9n.png

The action music plays here, because we have to SAVE CAELLACH!

Gheb: Why must he run away!

Amelia: I don’t think he ran away…

Gheb: Well, he ran! And he made me run! He must pay!

Tana: He was acting a little weird.

Gheb: Amelia! Tana! He must be here somewhere!

0lLis3i.png

Ah ha, no, better isn't the right word, BEST is.

5bQqcCh.png

Gheb: Ah, good work, fail whore!

Okay, I'd just like to say that this hack has done a far better job than most when it comes to making every character involved even after we recruit them.

bgTurkT.pngzsDRjEc.png

Caellach: Why must you run so fast woman!

Did you not see him before this?

Selena: Um, I’m in a hurry, but… I’m gravely lost.

Why were you RUNNING?

Caellach: I can see that.

Selena: Why did you follow me?

Caellach: Honestly, I just wanted to talk to you…

Selena: Ah, I see. Well, now that you’re here,

DUI1lEb.png

The swamp?

Caellach: Then I’ll help you.

Selena: Thanks.

cNxs7Qb.pngeHLjw0P.png

Caellach: You fukken scared me!

Gheb: Why… Selena!!

g2pRWJM.png

Sheesh. Does everyone worship this guy?

Gheb: Selena… I had this dream… with Lyon! How is he?

Selena: He’s supposed to be in the swamp. I was running an errand for him. I was going back now, but I sort of got lost… Caellach here was gonna help me.

Gheb: Ah, should’ve at least told me something, Caellach!!

Caellach: Right…

QykKj8S.png

And so, the "plot" has happened!

Gheb: Before we go, I need to eat! Amelia!

VCrsDHK.png

No, Gheb! Don't eat Amelia!

Gheb: Do you suppose there’s something to eat in there?

Amelia: Sure thing boss!

Gheb: Let’s goooo! Selena! Stick with us until I eat.

Selena: Umm…

C2988wc.png

And he's off.

ycsK4pB.png

Here we are, in the fortress of OP speedhax bandits!

tdMpFOo.png

Selena: I know.

Caellach: I must be honest with you… It’s good to see you again.

Selena: Sincerely, I feel the same way.

iKgXAKq.pngMcAk6zf.png

That's some good hearing there.

END DIALOGUE

QO0EscE.png

Okay, that dialogue wasn't so bad. Let's get started!

03JmVh5.png

First, we get to see a mercenary. Just LOOK at this, and tell me that it's not insane! Say it straight to my face, I dare you!

hMnqf35.png

Let's not forget the thief. He'll be VERY annoying.

6urQu2h.png4ClX4z6.pngYX5cxTl.png

Droppables, and something that is presumably a stealable.

CDvZ1Rt.pngattta5j.png

The boss is weaker than his bandits in certain stats, but has INSANE strength, like seriously, it's almost capped.

But we're forgetting someone, aren't we?

bVACOVm.pngulR2yEt.pngkz7nlz3.png

Selena, our first mage! She looks a lot like Riev, but less durable. However, she does have a few more levels of growing room. I think we'll use her!

eIQIapN.pngjWRuefu.png

We can't forget about our We-PWNs PWN powers!

NEXT TIME: The best unit yet!

GROWTHS:

Selena:

HP: 60%

Magic: 65%

Skill: 60%

Speed: 65%

Luck: 35%

Defense: 20%

Resistance: 40%

Total: 345%

Selena seems like a very good, very "left-aligned" unit-that is, she'll get most of her growths on the left side of the level board. She'll become insanely skillful, powerful, and fast if her growths go as expected, but she'll need luck to be anything other than wet tissue paper defense-wise. I think she could definitely be helpful.

Oh yeah, Selena is my offense magic user of choice in this game, always a must use even if she can't take a hit!

Rievs just doesn't have her magic power and she'll be stronger and nearly as accurate as him, not to mention faster, she's not as durable sure but noone's perfect except gheb (the last part is a joke)

with that said this chapter looks hard at first, but with my game winning strategy its more like a training level

also i do wanna report that my Tana is better then my Vanessa, i have no idea what is going on

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai