Are you serious

DizzyWaddleDoo

you don't need them, honestly

in fact I barely ever use vulneraries in general but maybe that's just me

churches and healers work well in enough in this game and in most the only character who'll really need a vulnerary is the healer early on when you don't have any others

or maybe that's just me

Canto for a majority of your units makes the game considerably more player turn centric than your average FE game and self healing items are mostly used for games that are enemy phase centric.

Besides, with so few units on your team per generation, the games gives you plenty of tools to heal your team basically at the start of both generations. And then throughout you can have at least 6 units who can use healing staves after promotion.

At least I'm not the only one, who's pissed off of the missing vulneraries in this game.

I mean it's a huge problem for me, if there's only one real healer with Ethlyn. Aideen can't reach the cavaliers for shit and rescuing doesn't exist either unfortunately.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

At least I'm not the only one, who's pissed off of the missing vulneraries in this game.

I mean it's a huge problem for me, if there's only one real healer with Ethlyn. Aideen can't reach the cavaliers for shit.

eh, you get more healers and staves that make Aideen more useful; besides canto makes it so your cavaliers can run back towards her if they need healing.

I mean it's a huge problem for me, if there's only one real healer with Ethlyn. Aideen can't reach the cavaliers for shit and rescuing doesn't exist either unfortunately.

Yeah, it annoys me too. Even though I generally don't use healing items much, I still carry them around in case a healer is too far away or something.

As was said, you have those churches, sparse as they are.

And if you absolutely needed a healing fix, huddle around the healer(s) or go back to a castle since hit and runs are things.

Also, the Libro staff in chapter 2 is a thing as well.

You're doing it backwards then, don't try to make Aideen keep up with the cavaliers, bring them to her instead.

Also rescuing does exist, just not in the way you're probably used to.

Edited by Soledai

It's not too big a deal, it's just running Ethlyn back to the church in the prolouge whenever she got hurt was annoying.

You have to learn the quick lesson that one roll RN's are scary scary and that roads are a bad place to keep units when enemies are nearby.

Ethlin shouldn't stand on the front line anyway. She does neither have the bulk for that nor the damage output to cause more then scratch damage. There are always some paper cuts that need fixing, so it's not like she won't have anything to do otherwise.

Edited by BrightBow

In about 50% of chapter 1 I only have one mediocre healer with Ethlyn.

For example for Ayra's recruitment I was just lucky that none of my units died (Alec dodged both attacks, so he could survive another enemy phase).

If he had an elixir, I wouldn't have any trouble with her recruitment. He decoys her about three turns and uses each turn a vulnerary till Sigurd has seized the castle and can talk to her.

Ethlin shouldn't stand on the front line anyway. She does neither have the bulk for that nor the damage output to cause more then scratch damage. There are always some paper cuts that need fixing, so it's not like she won't have anything to do otherwise.

Although we have had people like Refa kill bosses with her to amusing effect.

In about 50% of chapter 1 I only have one mediocre healer with Ethlyn.

For example for Ayra's recruitment I was just lucky that none of my units died (Alec dodged both attacks, so he could survive another enemy phase).

If he had an elixir, I wouldn't have any trouble with her recruitment. He decoys her about three turns and uses each turn a vulnerary till Sigurd has seized the castle and can talk to her.

I don't see how an elixir would help here much considering she has enough power to kill most of your units, you have to kite her properly. Sounds like you were more spoiled with GBA and beyond then actually needing them.

You wouldn't need a vulnerary to recruit Ayra easily.

Just have Alec take one hit and have him book it on the road, Ayra isn't going to catch him, and Sigurd will seize in time, anyways.

Edited by Sophie

Yeah, that part is a little tricky. Everything needs to be set up perfectly so that Sigurd can take the castle in the same turn as Alec lures Ayra away, so that Alec won't have to survive more then one turn against her or has run straight into Aideen's pursuers.

It's good that a strategy game requires plans to be well thought out, but this is a bit too much for being this early into the game, not to mention that you have to make assumptions about the AI behaviour. Thankfully the rest of the game isn't like that.

Edited by BrightBow

you don't need them, honestly

in fact I barely ever use vulneraries in general but maybe that's just me

churches and healers work well in enough in this game and in most the only character who'll really need a vulnerary is the healer early on when you don't have any others

or maybe that's just me

I don't know, I've been playing Thracia 776 for the first time recently and I was relying on Vulneraries a lot whenever my healers were fatigued or I just didn't have any.

Just have Alec take one hit and have him book it on the road, Ayra isn't going to catch him, and Sigurd will seize in time, anyways.

Yeah, I never have problems with Aira. When I sucked at the game I got Alec AND Noish killed on her, but that was then, this is now.

Really, even without advanced A.I. knowledge, all you have to do is have Sigurd activate the Genoan enemies, and then have Alec close enough to Aira that he aggros her instead of Sigurd. After that, use Sigurd's insane stats and move to capture Genoan, and that's that!

Not to say that the recruitment isn't unnecessarily difficult for so early in the game (it is). I'm just saying, setting up for it doesn't have to be that bad once you know how.

It's probably worth noting that in this game, units with Canto can do just about anything after attacking. So Sigurd can capture the castle in the same turn as he kills the boss.

Edited by BrightBow

I don't see how an elixir would help here much considering she has enough power to kill most of your units, you have to kite her properly. Sounds like you were more spoiled with GBA and beyond then actually needing them.

Alec survived two hits with exactly one HP. He's the only unit, who can deal with her anyway because he has nihil. That means an elixir would save a life in this situation.

Since it's the first time I'm playing this game, I didn't know that roads give you more movement.

Another thing, which confused me in her recruitment: Although she only has six movement and no range sword, she has an attack range of eight.