Toughest, Most Challenging HM?

In your opinion, which Hard Mode was the biggest kick in the balls? The thing about FE is that everyone has a different experience playing it, so by all means, there has to be some level of excessive bullcrap any game in the series gave you.

Right now, I'm playing FE6 HM. Crying tears of anguish so far.

There needs to be a poll for this

FE7 HHM and FE13 Lunatic stick out the most to me.

Honestly tho, I have a harder time with the Kaga era games, but they lack hard modes,thank God, so I doubt they count.

Fire Emblem 13 on Hard-mode with no-duos and no-MU and no-nosfertanking allowed.

Crazy insane.

Chapters 19, 20, and 21 are really hard, and chapter 23 requires extremely good positioning. Chapter 25 is also insane, because it requires you to run through the enemies, else you'll get overwhelmed by Aversa's army.

But it's by far the best "Lunatic" mode of the series. Every unit is usable, and most of the time your units will end up capping at 20/20, because you can't give that much of xp.

And a funny thing about Awakening is that the map pace is by far the best of the series. You're always doing something, and most of the time you'll have issues getting rid of all enemies.

Definitely worth a try for anyone thinking about balanced insane difficulty.

Edited by Nintales

FE12 Lunatic/Reverse stays the most consistently difficult, I'd say. FE6HM, FE11H5 and FE13 Lunatic are all pretty brutal in the beginning but loosen up significantly before long.

Edited by Topazd

• 6 months later...

I'd say FE7 HHM only stacks up to the difficulty of the other ones people mentioned here when your considering an S-rank playthrough; otherwise, it's really not too much harder than your average FE (primarily because the enemies in Blazing Sword have such bad stats to begin with)

I'm going to say it's FE12's Lunatic reverse, followed by FE12's Lunatic.

Once I tried FE 13's Lunatic mode.... I realised why it was called Frederick/Robin Emblem.... are all Lunatic modes this hard and rather unfair ?

FE13's Lunatic is actually really, really easy if you know what you're doing.

Edited by Nobody

Just about anything is easy if you know what you're doing.

Edit:Fuck, my phone wrecked this quote

I mean as in that it takes no effort to break it. Like, after chapter three it's literally throw Robin in the middle of the map and watch him kill everything. In the other games you have to worry about positioning and can't be careless. In Awakening's lunatic that's just not a thing once Robin is overleveled, which happens really quickly.

Edited by Nobody

I find FE12 L/r is the only mode I haven't been able to completely break over my knee, particularly the lategame. Positioning's pretty demanding there.

Everything else I can pretty easily trash past a few rough earlygames.

Edited by Thor Odinson