LunaticScreamer takes a stroll through a randomized run of FE8

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the universal conclusion was that Amelia should never be used, and if she is, then go General. I'd personally vote Knight>General, simply because knight lost one of its worse attributes (worst movement).

Of course, you might want to check paladin/general movement ranges to make sure she doesn't go from 6 to 4 move or something like that.

Did you checked Genral(F), Paladin(F) and Great Knight(F) move ?

Because if General(F) have 8 move, and Paladin 4, the choice will be clear.

And if Great Knight(F) has actual good move, going Cavalier would be the best option.

Did you checked Genral(F), Paladin(F) and Great Knight(F) move ?

Because if General(F) have 8 move, and Paladin 4, the choice will be clear.

And if Great Knight(F) has actual good move, going Cavalier would be the best option.

You can get GK from both class paths though. No reason not to go Knight on that one.

Funny thing...I actually decided on my route before seeing all the suggestions here, mostly because I knew what route I was going to take Tethys down once she could reach lv20.

That being said, here's an update.

[spoiler=Ch7: How A Randomized Boss Trolled Me]QbF87ef.png

First thing's first...Amelia gets her promotion. I chose Knight simply because my plan is to promote Tethys to a Ranger and make her my primary sword user. I also played ahead and checked out Amelia's promotion to General or Great Knight. Both have 6 move at least so I'll be good to go there when she reaches that point.

PzCVipV.png

Of course, that's all in the future. For now, I get to deal with a chapter that's pretty damned easy compared to the last two. No reinforcements, no requiring some very clever strategies to get past a turn or two.

8UcZvQM.pngqOPMn6W.png

Going to try grinding up a couple of my units. Gerik makes for a surprisingly good walling unit given his decent hp & defense scores. That or the Soldiers just suck in combat right now, that too.

GMwYOxn.png

Innes will be getting some training done here. With Gerik blocking the bridge, he can provide him with extra turns and speed up the killing of the lowly Soldiers.

eU57YSZ.pngh5OlKOM.png

Meanwhile, a weaponless Fado is holding off the only two enemies in the forests to the north, a Fighter & Mage.

tXSGMzq.png

Tethys shoots down the Fighter. She does get another turn from Duessel to shoot the Mage, but one of her shots missed.

QiXpSnL.png

However, once the next player phase came around, she was able to kill off the Archer and get a level along with some Pure Water.

LAHH6t4.png

Innes finally kills that Soldier he's been firing away on since the start of the chapter.

Ir5G2Op.pngFHNIS4R.pngNqBwj37.png

A Fighter came crawling up after the Soldier went down, but he ate some ranged artillery and died almost instantly. Innes picks up a level after delivering the finishing blow.

uq0zusg.pngycKs6Eh.png

Since there's a Mage at the bridge presently, Gerik swaps out for Duessel. Congrats, the Mage can't do any damage now!

FUp3sUd.png

More ranged artillery brings down the Mage.

JRbIoEH.png

Tethys begins spending the next few turns using the Ballista to the north. Take note that this Mage has an Energy Ring, but because the game hasn't provided me with a Thief, I can't steal it sadly.

JFP9Onv.png

By the time the Ballista runs out of ammo, Tethys picks up another level and caps her speed as expected. Defense will likely follow well before she hits lv20.

gAZunU9.png

A couple more turns pass and Tethys finally crosses the bridge I've been guarding so she can lure in another Soldier. Still no luck in seeing them do anything of note though.

fiXr1HT.png

The usual plan occurs. Innes walks up and starts bombing the poor Soldier with some extra turn granting to help him out. Innes grabs another level shortly before the inevitable death of yet another failure of a Soldier.

qBFpPmK.pngyFAJBLv.png

Tethys lures in another enemy, Innes does his thing again. Yeah, this chapter's pretty boring and easy right now.

TNbHctr.pngmpM1ZUW.pngdhIdORA.png

R.I.P Energy Ring. The game hasn't provided me with a Thief yet and probably won't until the ass end of the game when it's no longer relevant.

aW0enoF.pngkrRzRHY.png

More luring in enemies!

EIsCx8Q.pngpFVI4Ve.pngjuezWDW.png2Zispsm.png

More magic for Innes!

0fJfgec.pnggWtgMIo.png

See those two Mercenaries? They're the only super damaging enemies on this chapter before the boss. Hayden gets an extra turn so he can get out of murder range.

EM7Dl7m.pngzsAfTza.png

Tethys heals herself up before going to lure out one of the Mercenaries. Not that she really needed the healing though.

GIlVIYl.pngAoQpZud.png

Innes needed only one extra turn granted to him to land the killing blow here and pick up more magic.

cwERpNp.png5xzSeyD.png

More luring, more weakened enemies for Innes to kill.

m7SnZzh.pngrs1R6jk.png

You missed nothing for a couple turns other than Tethys healing herself, then going solo to the northeast to do some ventilation of a couple rats.

Also, those two Archers by the boss?

9Kh5f9k.png

Both of them are dead now. As for the boss?

l487DA3.pngsP8HMdt.png

Oh for the love of....FUUUUUUU!!!!! The fucker is a Thief and added a Lockpick to his inventory, thereby denying me his Knight Crest drop. What a dick.

Oh, and I can outrange his ass because he never moves. That too.

1oCpK4K.png

Yeah, the boss has good evasion, but with both my Dancers up here now and Tethys able to double the boss each turn, he'll go down soon enough.

loKQkiw.png

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting that. Sadly, the Vulnerary he stole only had 1 use left so the joke is on him.

Also, he just lost his gate bonuses.

f8q0Ama.png

That means he dies after he burns that 1 use Vulnerary.

PyPO0Gk.png

Yup, she's definitely capping her defense before lv20.

UxXyADK.png

That should have been a Knight Crest so spork you Murray. Thanks for trolling me and goodbye as Hayden comes up to seize the gate.

Chapter 8 should have some actual challenge to it at least. That'll come next time.

Might as well throw out another update here.

[spoiler=Ch8 Part 1: The Return of the Idiot Swordsman]Y7qWaOA.png

This chapter can be either hard or easy depending on who your 5x units are. Considering two of them are Kyle & Franz, neither of which are very combat capable right now, I need to clear a path for them quickly when they arrive. That's because on turn 5, a trio of Cavaliers will appear in the southwest which just so happens to be the point where Kyle & friends appear on the next turn.

d2Q7D42.pngLrrgHfv.png

Myrmidons begin showing up here Basically Mercenaries, but with less strength and more hp.

aXIqtE2.pngYFkP8Qh.pnguRDJ8xC.png7BdtoR0.png

Saleh moves over to the Archer in the west, stabs it twice, then gets another turn from Duessel so he can move up one tile and finish him off with his Javelin. Now then, why would I bother risking a nasty counterattack to do that? My plan for shuttling some kind of help to the southwest, that's what.

JeyxCsA.png9gsIPDR.png

Compare where Duessel & Gerik are in these two pics. This is what I was mentioning before about having essentially infinite range with two Dancers in my party. They're down in the southwest and out of range of any enemies, ready to assist Kyle's group when they get here.

NIeY71n.pngy29qRTQ.png

Finishing off this player phase by having Amelia & Tethys easily mop the two Soldiers to the north. Everyone else sits where they are for now.

u8yWbJm.pngRoVqPRC.png

Saleh comes under heavy fire from the Mercenary & Myrmidon. He got doubled by both of them, but he'll live.

OQBdvuB.png

Meanwhile, Amelia doesn't give any fucks about a rogue Knight from the north.

UgKmQyV.png

Ephraim's Kyle's group has arrived!

kh2wd6c.pngeASMxu8.pngI6bWZNz.png

Fado & Innes double team the rogue Knight and kill him off with Innes picking up a level from the kill.

BLv9seL.pngNWymLoP.png

Tethys drops the Mercenary.

XLPwCKS.png

Saleh rushes forward and uses an Elixir. He's going to be drawing some fire from three enemies on the next enemy phase (Well, two. Soldiers can't really harm him after all).

WZQBptd.pngVOnjD3Y.png

Amelia does get doubled by the Myrmidon in the next enemy phase, but she manages to land her counterattack.

KgxC7OW.png

An Archer decides to attack Franz. He might not be doing much damage, but he's in no danger right now since he has plenty of backup to rely on in the next player phase.

lH9IWuw.png

Chalk up another Soldier that suicided into Saleh who gets a surprisingly damned good level. +2 hp and a str boost? I can get behind that.

vMqXzTF.png

Saleh gets attacked by a Knight & Fighter this enemy phase too. The Knight survives obviously, but how about the Fighter?

22Sz3MX.pngAj3Bf6r.png

Nope!

tisw9Gr.pngM1zYuUj.pngNtnbSjZ.png

Myrmidon gets shot down by Tethys who caps defense from the level she gained.

rpr1YZ0.png

Dozla runs forward to patch up Saleh.

q8072XA.pngmftlekU.pnghsobmsh.pngY7RTSHy.pngC3WuMsy.png

Kyle hits the Archer. Shitty damage, but it's enough for Franz to kill him off with help from Duessel & Gerik.

QuBqG1U.pngjXBcQn1.png

At this point, the worst the map has to offer is over with. Just a couple stragglers that need to be deal with on the next player phase before I move forward.

Oh, by stragglers, I mean the Knight & Mage. The Soldier eats an OHKO counterattack to the face.

Du4IXu3.png

The damage Innes is doing is slowly rising. Soon I shall have an actual magical nuking machine of doom.

tK9XTfY.png7TMAlc1.png84J9pXg.png

Amelia finishes off the Knight and picks up her first level since promotion. Not a bad way to start out.

4GxmJwT.png

Yeah no, that's not going to happen sir.

Mh9rZFg.png

Oh yeah, the Cavalier trio has arrived. Too bad I can get Tethys down to box them in right now.

N3UyPJm.pngLe6xqec.pnguBlcdMC.png

Cavaliers are still pretty strong for the record.

hxTO0hs.pngBz9rAmf.png

Not strong enough for Tethys though.

QI9Gnhi.pngu6Va0j7.png

Saleh adds another crit kill to his belt by sending the Mage to the afterlife.

KwsPUBC.pngvCRwyzd.pngGahZqFb.png

Tethys & Amelia basically shame the entire squadron of Cavaliers.

PAngiZT.pngnsxQAee.png

As Amelia starts to chip down the final Cavalier, she picks up a level. More speed!

e9pplZn.png

And that's the last of them vile Cavaliers.

RmiH6hR.pngDp28FDT.png

Saleh lures in another Mercenary and gets...more strength? Two straight levels with strength on a 25% growth. Not bad!

PK2JMJ5.pngGqGswMz.png

The Mercenary is lured over to Tethys where Amelia kills him off and picks up more speed.

IecWRI1.pngmMU41d9.png

At this point, I'm just luring enemies in with Tethys so Amelia can kill them off for experience.

YnfDSqi.pngMjrAZT2.png

Same thing I'm doing here is going to happen to the other three enemies so I'm just going to abridge things here.

WSzcqhb.png

Someone not named Amelia gaining levels for once!

Lw0iKB9.png

And she's right back to gaining more levels!

yKhwMiY.png

Innes had to take this kill since Amelia doesn't have quite enough strength yet to do it herself.

Frfc2VA.pngrykZFAG.pngzKTXH4l.pngWAC8Z32.png

Amelia resumes wrecking face now that the beefy Knight is out of the way. Just a bit more to cover, but I'll save that for part 2.

[spoiler=Ch8 Part 2: Amelia's Quest for Power]DqaReYx.png

Want to take the right side up into the treasure room, meaning I'll need to burn one of my Door Keys to get through. In the meantime, Amelia finishes off the Shaman she started on at the end of the last update.

akdShrM.png

Easy enough strategy for this room. Amelia attacks only if she's at full hp. If she's not, then Dozla heals her up. If she needs healing and Dozla just used up his turn, Duessel or Gerik can give him an extra turn.

5j9whAj.pngXJGYQol.pngfqrxvmZ.pngC26V06k.png

Amelia's levels from clearing out the entire room.

rba2BDt.pngSL37oAV.png

Dozla picked up a couple as well.

CXXIKwM.png

At this point, Amelia is just plodding along and killing everything she comes across.

NJHD9TK.png

At this point, this Thief appears.

5uDSZqk.pngIX1qPJU.png

Apparently this Thief is on the same wavelength as that one from The Last Promise. Wide open treasure room, treasure chest in range...nope, he wants to attack Amelia. I pull everyone as far back as I can, completely out of range of the Thief so he only has the chest to go for....nope, he still wants to kill my team.

U4Epvld.pngzPvC1M8.png

Well alright then, be my guest. Thanks for giving Amelia a level and capping her strength by the way.

3pQizNV.pngGrCk7rx.png

Business as usual for Amelia.

FCzod5h.png

I loaded up Gerik with some Door & Chest Keys for this chapter. One Door Key was used to open this shortcut into the treasure room and one Chest Key is about to be used for a very good cause.

RR6aoJh.pngGvDAY8G.png

Definitely worth the Chest Key used. Amelia uses this right away on her next turn.

GnfW7EI.pngVdhDBna.png

Amelia resumes her quest to spear everything in the face and gets rewarded with a resistance cap.

o8GxTNQ.pngVITyXf6.png

Three enemies here and they all die in the same way. Amelia picks up this level after slaying the Mage.

qWBCPmJ.png

Two enemies over here which she owns as well.

5BqjtL9.pngvH5tJ15.png

As for the boss, he decided not to change class and barely change his stats around...AND even have weaker weapons to boot. This is going to be a slaughter for Amelia.

RfEIGlT.png

Like so. Damn near an OHKO there with the Heavy Spear.

5uoDubf.pngjeVBHE8.png

So much for your General powers there sir. You are now about to die.

QWikLG7.png7ks9JF7.png

Correction: You are now dead. Congrats!

MEouTYn.png

Before having Hayden come up to seize the throne and end the chapter, Kyle gets his entire inventory removed because fuck if I'm going to take the Ephraim route with his worthless behind. Hayden's not that much better due to low hp, def, and spd, but at least he's got lots of mag, skl, and res and the qualities of being a flyer to be happy with.

Quick update here since I dived into Valni for a bit of training.

[spoiler=Ch9 Part 1: Valni Training & ANOTHER DANCER REALLY GAME ?!?]y40d377.pngf9FmC83.png

Took a few rounds in Valni to get some of my units trained up a bit. The Entombed that can appear on the 1st floor have some pretty high offensive stats that I need to watch out for whenever they appear.

vEVMQ9p.png

Got a Gwyllgi as my floor 1 boss. Meh, whatever. It never moves so I can always outrange it.

kHHBSZb.pngGlpqJvd.pngPfqhCj5.png5RkSNDK.png

Amelia picked up four levels during my stay here. She capped skill, picked up a couple points of speed, and a point of luck & defense.

iVE2pWN.pngpUon9pW.pngzyYNaz1.pngqr694Vw.png

Innes gets exactly what he's looking for right now which is plenty of magic & speed. Surprise skill boost also!

wh2Nlxa.png

Dozla only got one level while doing some light healing duties, but it has magic so it's good for him.

6FbXrjK.png9zw1oAd.pngkHLKwGz.pngj5rkRM5.png

Tethys caps her skill and gets some strength & luck on the side too. Also, she hit lv20 which means...

7uNSOZS.pngSDTk2Xg.pngWc9ASdj.png

She gets a kick ass promotion to Ranger. The stat gains are nice (1 point away from her defense cap which she will hit) and she has 7 move, but more importantly...she's my first sword user that doesn't suck. All she really needs at this point is an Angelic Robe to give her some more hp.

Lv5vhqq.pngFmA0llH.pngInr3swx.png

Got a few good weapons during my runs here. Tethys is going to get some damned good mileage out of all of them, especially the swords once she gets the weapon rank to use them (She needs C-Swords at a minimum to use them).

QLvQT3D.png

With my preparations in place, it's time to go into chapter 9 of Eirika's Hayden's route and...oh for the love of god another Dancer. I COULD USE A THIEF RIGHT ABOUT NOW THANKS GAME!

G7aixvk.png

In any case, Rennac has one thing going for him...a frankly ABSURD amount of speed, meaning he can make as good of a dodge tank as Gerik, if not more so. Only 15 hp, but still, Dancers shouldn't be getting into combat unless the situation calls for it.

o5HyfJ0.png

Did some light preparation because Saleh's got a very important task to do in this chapter. You see, there are two villages to visit and I want to get the loot in each one before they are destroyed by Pirates. Said Pirates are about on par with Mercenaries stat wise, meaning fun times for me.

One of those villages is across the water to Saleh's south. The other?

z7c3mHO.png

To the south of this chucklefuck group of enemies, the likes of which features the first non-boss promoted enemy. I'm expecting ridiculous stats from this one.

8yJW7wD.pngfSYM6gu.png

Called that. Promoted enemies are likely going to be causes for concern whenever they appear if their stats are as high as this one's is. The only saving grace here is that he's using only a 2 range weapon so I can just box him in and chip him down when I'm ready.

4WX5RMH.pngTh3h8rM.png

Saleh's going to sit here and do some counterattacking with his Javelin. He's got some Elixirs because hoo boy is he going to need them. I just need to clear out or lure away the Archers & the Shaman/Mercenary duo, hopefully before the Pirates close in on the village.

FFwJGlh.png

Rennac gives another turn to Gerik. You can probably guess what I'm going to do with these two.

wIwGyaW.png

Well, that was easy, right? Well, yes, but there's a problem. See that Myrmidon near them?

2py7Gos.pngS8v1ju7.png

Yeah, that's a problem. One critical means the death of either Dancer. Hopefully boosting Rennac to lv20 will provide me with some insurance. Otherwise, I'm going to have to pray.

eWLyDAO.png

Luckily, I don't have to pray as Rennac, despite not getting a drop of hp, capped speed, got some luck, and hit 19 defense, meaning he can eat one critical from the Myrmidon and still live. Sweet.

gO9CTaF.png

I'm sure she would laugh seeing your new profession sir.

BR4bFNz.png

Totally worth the journey out here. They'll be making their way back to the rest of the team on the next turn.

mhEslDS.png

Meanwhile, everyone that's remaining at the start is prepared to endure the first enemy phase. Tethys is waiting by the water to the south to intercept as many Pirates as she can.

LpCsRtt.png

Finally some combat! Rennac decides to dodge which helps.

QJ5twrQ.pngBXLfmLh.pngEbE95MG.png

Tethys flat up doesn't give a fuck being attacked by the Pirates. She can tank the damage quite well and deliver lots of pain in return, especially to the poor Pirate that had a Steel Axe equipped, causing him to get doubled & killed.

7TSQD4H.pngXN5JmDz.pngkB9LBNQ.png

Saleh doesn't kill anyone, but he does leave some wounds on those that attacked him.

0dL0495.pngx144tlA.png

Tethys breaks in her shiny new Longbow to kill a Pirate nestled deep in the water zone.

Ppawz70.pngBK7zAt3.pngtDJZRSe.png

Hayden comes in to finish off the one Pirate that Tethys didn't double, picking up a level for himself and a free Ocean Seal in the process. He then gets some help from the Dancer trio to get out of range of the Pirate to the south.

oMc0G67.png

Saleh moves here and uses an Elixir.

Csp9H4q.png

Random Archer gets killed by Amelia.

10VeATv.png

As for that Pirate, he came up during the enemy phase that just passed (and one I didn't take any screenies in). Missed a Dancer, then got destroyed on the next player phase. Saleh also did some work during the last enemy phase to kill a couple enemies, then moved into the water and used another Elixir on this player phase.

Elgua1A.png

Well this is going to be a problem. Saleh gets doubled while having the Javelin equipped.

cuERH7C.png

This is going to be a bigger problem. All of those Pirates have Hand Axes and all of them can destroy that village to Saleh's southwest.

UqyqA5Z.png

While I was thinking about what to do there, I had Tethys shuttled up to the northwest. She's going to be tanking a horde of enemies approaching from that direction.

HCDLkWI.png

Decided to move Saleh here. It's about all I can do right now.

EqLhHIu.png

Picture this happening about 3-4 times to Tethys. Girl just tanks something fierce.

kPnkgLX.png

On second thought, I may have had Saleh up one more square, don't remember precisely. I have him grab the reward from the village, then pray. If he's killed here, then I'll need to reset and try something a little different.

U7Z9Si3.png

I think I'm in business. Only one Pirate attacked Saleh here and he could eat the damage no trouble (And I'm inclined to believe that crap with Tethys tanking like a beast occurred here instead, but I don't remember. Kinda went all willy nilly with screenshot taking around this part).

xwF9otG.png.

Ok, I'm not crazy. Tethys did tank like a beast and is about to again. Fado's luring in one of the Pirates to the southwest.

NZwcSNF.png3gUitr3.pngx8h6MpB.png

Still no fucks given by Tethys!

zY9Vmy9.pngbLF0fPs.png

So many enemies! There's also a Knight that I can recruit.

Will be continued in part 2 of the update.

...Can I have one of your dancers? Or at least a flier? I'll trade you a thief...wait no, only got one of those.

Also, it seems all our randomized FE8 runs have one thing in common: Tethys is a goddess. We should do a comparison at the end.

[spoiler=Ch9 Part 2: Just Cleaning Up the Port]lBA2aCH.png

Fado begins a new player phase by taking down the Pirate that attacked him.

5Plk1rc.pngYiBgrZR.png

Innes takes a shot at dropping the Mercenary that attacked & doubled Amelia. He connects and the swordsman dies.

6DELCQq.png

Dozla patches up Amelia and picks up a solid level. More levels like this from you please, thank you.

P362RvM.png

Good try, but no dice.

uzCgg3F.png

Tethys is still swatting away some enemies. She caps defense and gets more strength on a level up.

GmqeCk8.png

Fado backs off on the next player phase to get a Recover charge flung his way, then gets another turn from a Dancer to move near the water to the south.

9pGvmd4.png

Amelia kills the silly Mage.

TwKfmu6.pngdbEAiov.png

Another enemy phase means more enemies finishing what they started with Tethys.

kj7BrLJ.png

Yet another Pirate, but this is the last one to worry about.

dX0oGbl.png

Tethys goes all Captain Rex and digs even deeper into enemy hordes. There's maybe two or three enemies in that pic that can put some kind of dent in her hp to be honest.

yZdYMew.pngbkyLMvz.png

Innes kills off the weakened Pirate.

aQABjZ1.png

Well, here's a bit of a silly moment. I sent Rennac & Gerik down to the southwest because I'm an idiot that thought Rennac could talk to the Knight down there to get him on our side.

KgsQhjF.pnguDqxsJQ.png

Turns out I was dead wrong. I think Hayden needed to do the deed here, but I don't have nearly enough time for him to fly down here. The duo then dance their way back to the team before the next enemy phase.

WcYF72u.png

Meanwhile, Tethys takes no damage fending off a horde of enemies. That includes the Sniper by the way.

5vjybb4.png

Just wait until I get Tethys something like a Killing Edge. Gods, she's gonna murder everything then.

The Dancers back off some more as well.

IcKbFNz.png

More of this from the next enemy phase.

nJalDDW.png

Oh, you think you're a funny guy eh Mage man?

mQ6xsDr.png

This guy gets it. Tethys is too much to handle and orders the Knight to retreat, then gets out himself before Amelia decides on another victim to be spear'd in the face.

LPXmtCw.png7rzcFOa.png3LGCO0m.png

Just doing some cleanup of the rabble in the area. Amelia's kill nets an Elfire tome for the pile.

EHqnFv6.pngoC8eVFD.png

Tethys gets some help from the Dancers to kill one Archer and severly wound another.

YYSyAuA.png

Haha, nope.

j2G5bHk.png

Amelia finishes off the Archer while Tethys moves a bit forward to lure in the Sniper.

tfuToEN.png

Once he's lured in, it's easy to surround and prime him up for a beatdown.

RuvvHsH.png

Everyone that was close to a level takes some swings at the Sniper. Fado picks up some precious speed from his level up.

5NQQLhF.png

Innes picks up some more magic.

BEWmczq.png

Hayden picks up some precious speed.

VxwpnxO.png

Innes then kills off the Sniper and breaks his Elfire tome. Good thing I have a fresh one ready for him to use.

LbttfVq.png

Dozla patches up Tethys. This is the first time she's getting healed since this chapter began by the way.

6yOPoxX.png

Tethys lures in another annoying enemy.

CJX3uI5.png22F4wPM.png

She continues to wear him down with help from the Dancers, picking up a level in the process.

hMwVT57.png

Innes comes in to finish the job and get a Killing Edge for the pile.

GmtCMZN.pngw7DHK6j.png

A few turns later, Innes and a few others are down south clearing out a path to the boss. Innes picks up this level which caps his speed upon slaying a Fighter.

OlTccVG.png

Innes doesn't have the best defense so Dozla's right there to make sure he stays healthy. More speed for Dozla is nice.

a9UsI8A.pngAV4ZiMa.pngKYoJT2O.png

A couple Soldiers suicide into Innes. The one with the Axereaver drops it upon his death.

SgSy3yT.png

Tethys continues to murder everything.

AdSsbJK.png

I'd like to note that Tethys started this chapter at D-Swords. Here's hoping for a Brave Sword soon!

XI0HdF9.png0BXaaf3.png

Amelia even gets a couple turns of murdering things herself.

anpCWR8.pngDWPAq62.png

Eventually, she reaches the boss's flunkies and weakens one of them to hit lv20. Now, if a certain dumbass Thief boss didn't decide to magically spawn a Lockpick in his inventory and deny me a Knight Crest, she could've promoted now.

WqtVDUj.pngnv7kL6T.pngmuFQURN.png

After doing some last minute mopping up, it's time to kill the boss.

VWAIRTd.pngBEtjIGx.png

He's so very very screwed. He's a flying enemy and, well...

Vmk1wKT.png

I believe he's about to die, wouldn't you all agree?

BmxBj1g.pngM9MYft3.pngD5Befrt.png

And there he goes!

xX9mU4r.pngcnUgZj8.png

Awesome way to end the chapter I must say.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Rennac, Ross)]Rennac's growths:

Hp: 0% Luk: 25%

Str: 80% Def: 80%

Skl: 65% Res: 0%

Spd: 30%

Another Dancer. God I'm just raking in that class, aren't I?

Ross's growths:

Hp: 0% Luk: 50%

Str: 20% Def: 90%

Skl: 15% Res: 25%

Spd: 65%

Yeah, I didn't pick him up in this chapter, but I already have a dedicated Knight in my ranks. Also, those growths pretty much resign him to the bench the moment I pick him up in a future chapter.

...Can I have one of your dancers? Or at least a flier? I'll trade you a thief...wait no, only got one of those.

Also, it seems all our randomized FE8 runs have one thing in common: Tethys is a goddess. We should do a comparison at the end.

I found a way to make both Tethys and Myrrh awful. But I don't expect anyone else to do that. :P:

If Rennac had those growths in vanilla FE8, he'd actually stay relevant (well, past the desert, then the lack of HP bites him in the face).

Time for an update!

[spoiler=Ch10 Part 1: Four New Party Members Who All Probably Suck]AXiQ3Yt.png

Before getting into the chapter, Tethys uses that Angelic Robe I picked up last time. Perfect for my best combat unit right now.

7bccJBH.pngleocv3w.png

Did a little shopping on the world map to pick up a few things, namely a Restore & Unlock staff.

E2S6IPI.png

Diving right into the next chapter, my highest priority is to save the three green army units located to the south. Thanks to having multiple Dancers, getting Rennac down there for some talking will be easy. Just need to get a path cleared for him in the first turn or two, a task Tethys gets to work on by cleaving a Fighter in two.

vHkbeOR.png

Oh yeah, said kill gave her a level.

Z5t5KAb.png

Random ballista jerk, but Gerik's just fine.

EIbZC9X.png

This guy's fine too, but it's a Mage with garbage for magic so it doesn't matter.

D0JrX4U.png

Tethys also had like four enemies attack her. She still gives no fucks folks!

T4DC5nU.pngvKhROOA.pngY6TmBSI.pngkUa0GfB.png

With some Dancer help, Tethys is able to knock out three of the four Mercenaries.

fI8MGPx.pngQ7wrIgn.png8zWRNXz.png

Still had one Dancer available so Amelia kills off one more Mercenary and uses her extra turn to throw a Javelin over to a pathetic Mage.

vs9pZUR.pngHwCiYqZ.png

Saleh has nothing better to do with only one actual damaging threat nearby (The Myrmidon) so he chucks a Javelin at another Mage.

hcEyVh6.png

Speaking of that Myrmidon, he does double Saleh, but it's nowhere near enough to kill him. Saleh gets more strength from a level up.

...You know what sir, cap strength. Do it. Then I'll likely feed you Speedwings since you're basically my only half decent flying unit right now.

jFoKkrr.pngYqL02Wi.png

A couple green army members decide they want to attack. Surprisingly, they are actually very smart, forming a wall so the Soldiers can't get past and reach the Shaman. There's an Archer on the way to a ballista near them though so I need to hurry and get them all to safety.

9s8LbLr.pnglbeDc8k.png

Speaking of those green army units, might as well meet them. Forde's got enough bulk that he can survive a round of two of combat which is nice. A free Hero Crest will be good for the storage pile too.

2hBnGMQ.pngA0fQT0u.png

You know, somehow I find it appropriate that Saleh's pupil is also a flying winged monster, but the promoted version of it. With my luck though, he'll have garbage growths. At least he has lots of speed and defense on par with Forde so he should be just fine until I reach him. Nice goodies on him too.

Also, remember I how said Mages have garbage magic? The one that attacked Ewan did 0 damage, even though he has all of 6 resistance.

NlAl2sa.pngVSYrWg1.png

Welp, I couldn't hope for at least three semi-competent green army units. Her bases aren't that bad for her level, but the problem is everything except Mages & Soldiers more or less vastly outpace her. She'd have to be trained up in Valni to be viable...and that's assuming her growths are good to start with. Luckily here, she doesn't seem too keen on moving and getting herself killed which is good.

Qc1WeYy.png

Amelia kills off an Archer and makes sure to get out of the way of the two Dancers coming down. One of them is Rennac which means...

QFO3s3Z.pngzDyxPIe.pngEqRgOC9.png

All of those green army units are under my control now. Having so many Dancers is good here.

EqRgOC9.pngK3CHHjR.png

Doing a little bit of tidying up at my base of operations. Once the team down south gets back up here, I'm going to park my ass in place until all of the reinforcements are dealt with.

Also, Tethys got a Killer Axe from her kill.

L8Evzhn.pngmJPbUTJ.png

Fado & Saleh take out the Myrmidon with Saleh clearing reading up on the book of Rex because 2% crit chance for the win, yay.

vrkkdog.png

Since the Archer is closing in on the ballista in the south, I need to move quickly. That means Vanessa needs to risk her life by running with the rest of the gang. Luckily, she has a Nosferatu tome so the Soldiers shouldn't be able to kill her outright.

NOaOwyl.png

Speaking of killing, this guy orders Marisa to go do killing. She's a lazy son of a bitch though.

OFpfjt5.pngp8m9Tib.png

Which is why she gets her stunt double to do the dirty work for her.

qPa9kq5.pngs1QzvKG.png

One Soldier felt like being a chucklefuck and blocking off a few of my units. Vanessa drains the last bit of life out of him for committing such a silly act.

ESkDXtQ.pngc3sCVha.pngMzrPaIz.png

While that Archer bolting for the ballista is a concern, this guy here is likewise nasty for that Sleep staff. Dozla has my only Restore staff so the sooner the southern group links back up with the rest of my team, the better.

PPOjcqo.png

Actual damaging physical units are coming up so Vanessa is quickly escorted to safety.

wx7DiJb.png

Ewan likewise starts to retreat.

wckjEHU.pngmSELhZL.png

More cleaning is occurring up by the rest of my team as we speak.

KJHb743.png

Formed a bit of a defensive line here. Hopefully nobody dies.

fzgsMsc.pngQjqO5jo.png6V5Wahw.pngUPkWsta.png

Luckily, nobody dies. Fado got doubled, but whatever, I have a healer.

BYm11gw.png

More Brigands on the way. Going to be parked where I'm at until they stop pouring in.

Nu1FDJc.png

Lots of things happen this turn. Hayden kills this Myrmidon, Saleh kills a Soldier, Fado offs a Brigand, Tethys & Innes double team and kill another Brigand, then...

Slyzaj0.png

An extra turn granted to Tethys allows her to crit kill the only other Brigand in the immediate danger zone.

hubLVwY.pngHHMcOzy.png

At this point, I'm not doing very much. Just healing up my units and making sure everyone has at least one good weapon on them, even units I'm not sure will be very good going on from here like Forde. Until that event happens, it's all hands on deck.

8fPi5cX.png

Another enemy phase goes by where nothing much of interest happens. Tethys continue to be the nightmare of the enemy team, killing or damn near killing everything that so much as looks at her funny.

gJAahMH.png

The Archer has finally made it to the ballista in the south and is beginning to take pot shots at Fado. He'll be fine though.

2qFaSqt.png

Dozla continues to heal even the slightest of wounds. Easy experience, sure, but I can't afford to have anyone under max health when that event starts.

wbF1uWS.png

Stop Press; Tethys Still Kicks Ass

BzxjH3Q.png

Tethys is close to breaking her first Killing Edge, but worry not because I have a spare ready to go for her.

YnbmVOk.png

The Axereaver gives Amelia some pretty solid offense, allowing her to hit hard while having a fairly good chance to dodge the incoming axe counterattack. She's finishing off any Brigands that want to be cheeky and trying attacking from the east.

LezpmsR.png

Dozla's been on near non-stop healing duties. He gets rewarded with a good level simply because it contained more precious magic for him.

mKx7T5g.pngqA72etc.png

Natasha is coming up on the western side of the base which is exactly what I wanted. Would have been a bit more annoying if she took the other way around.

Anyways, since I want no distractions around, Tethys breaks out her Longbow and drops a rogue Archer with some help from her Dancer buddies.

h35mE2M.png

Since her guard duties in the west are over with for the time being, she gets yet another extra turn and comes over to the east, basically telling every enemy in a three mile radius to die.

hVNmwxZ.pngyTCkeBE.png

Like so!

NnecA1b.png

Of course, some enemies would still prefer to try going after Amelia. She doesn't care though.

MFGsMOB.png

Nor does Forde. Since Natasha's close now...

GokrlZR.png

There, she's recruited. Now watch as none of the four new recruits this chapter have good growths, given my luck.

XLyYgdb.pngO1zV96K.png

Amelia & Tethys do a bit of cleanup to end part 1 of the update. Part 2 will be following soon.

EDIT: Well, by following soon, I mean "Whenever imgur decides to unfuck itself and not throw error messages my way randomly when I'm trying to upload a new batch of pictures".

Edited by LunaticScreamer

EDIT: Well, by following soon, I mean "Whenever imgur decides to unfuck itself and not throw error messages my way randomly when I'm trying to upload a new batch of pictures".

So I'm not the only one getting that! I suddenly feel validated.

So you gonna gimme one of your dancers or do I have to resort to...extreme measures?

Also, check out my LP for a solution to prevent chapter 12 from freezing.

So I'm not the only one getting that! I suddenly feel validated.

So you gonna gimme one of your dancers or do I have to resort to...extreme measures?

Also, check out my LP for a solution to prevent chapter 12 from freezing.

So it wasn't just me? Whew. I thought my internet didn't like me. Had to use alternatives...

Good to know I wasn't the only one getting that error then, heh.

In fact, the error went away after ~15-20 minutes upon editing that post, but soon after that, I got suckered in to playing a game with a friend. I'll get part 2 of the update out tomorrow.

Alrighty, time to wrap up chapter 10.

[spoiler=Ch10 Part 2: A Flock of Non-Jerks]teiJEFQ.png

More of the same happening right now. Healing up units that get damaged in the slightest (Fado's been getting shot at by the ballista jerk in the south).

7RLXk78.png1dmGtz6.pngMiGPOF7.png

Enemies making poor decisions that get them killed half of the time.

b826uTn.png

Me being lazy and not moving people that are weak to bows like a dingbat.

9uQRvIk.png

While I commend the Priest for putting someone to sleep, it's going to get nullified by Dozla in the next player phase. Nothing's going to sour my mood right now except for...

2mDgL28.pngl6YnGX6.png

...Flying female annoyances. Oh dear, oh dear. This is what I was waiting for. Well, might as well look at their stats.

q8Aa5bC.pngbPHZenP.png

Basically, flying Mercenaries. Luckily, the Pegasus Knights only have 4 move so they're not as nasty as they could be. That Falcoknight is quite dangerous, but she starts out way in the back on the southwest side of the map. That, combined with her 6 move, means she can be singled out and dropped before she can even think to become a major threat.

hh7yNrV.png5MonUNH.png

Just cleaning up a couple enemies first.

GGtLxRq.pngMV8haIU.pngoFITamK.png

Tethys gets to murdering as many flying enemies as possible. As for that Archer that mysteriously went poof? Well, Dozla removed sleep from someone just after Fado hit the Archer twice.

CUR7ldW.png

Natasha needed a snack after her siesta and found said Archer. Mystery solved!

s2d6gRN.png

Saleh goes after the last flyer in the northwest. He'll likely be the only desirable target for this one since she has a Javelin and Saleh's the only one right now not currently using a ranged weapon.

3ZOvgzy.png

Called that one.

yaVB39Z.png

Oh dammit, I forgot this group appears at the same the flyers do.

Q43DPeQ.pngICtem4T.png

Promoted units are nasty for the most part in case you've forgotten. Thankfully the Ranger only has a 2 range weapon so I can box him in like I did the Sniper in the last chapter.

EqTB1Pb.pngPM3nQ48.png

Good to know the female flyer asshole factor is still in play after the likes of Fe7if....

9RG5TGy.pngctMeeRf.png

...for all of five seconds!

vVXrYKu.pngJi58WBc.png

Tethys gets some help from the Dancers to swing down to the southwest and deal with a jerk before his healing trade can be put to work. A free Torch staff is provided upon his death.

dCGlGDR.png

One more round of Dancer power lets Tethys attack an Archer, but no crit came so Fado comes in to finish the Archer off.

cNJIHmK.png

Looks like the Falcoknight found her first target. Too bad Tethys counterattacked twice and hit both times. Should make killing her a much easier job as a result.

zf9xHLX.png

Nice try, but no. Natasha ain't dying right now. Barely survived the double hit though.

cnIWH9Y.png6J941Pp.png

Hayden blasts the rogue Brigand once, then Vanessa comes in for the killing blow and gets...a level.

ThFYfmp.png

Female flyers = Assholes. I have seen NOTHING that disputes this theory.

RRZqR9C.png

As much as I'd like Tethys to deal with the flyer squad, I need her in the east to thin down the Ranger's squad. The flyers in the west need at least one turn to even be close to my team so they can wait for now.

NPRZK9j.png8GKemr8.png

Tethys uses her Longbow to weaken one Cavalier, picking up a level for herself. She'll be capping her speed very soon which is nice.

wxc0C9y.png

Saleh finishes off the weakened Cavalier.

P6H2bEE.png

Tethys uses an extra turn granted to her to kill the second Cavalier.

dTo17Cy.pngeIoYWE5.png

As for the Ranger? Neutralized! Ewan needed a little Dancer help to get where he is though.

Oh, and I suppose Innes picked up a level.

bNUvXLv.png

Nope!

dwH0yyC.png

Innes finishes off the Cavalier after Hayden weakened him.

B74Z3qn.pngJUaTUyK.pngzDQ4yJq.png

Having three Dancers is awesome. Thanks to them, Tethys was able to return to the west and kill all three Pegasus Knights coming on up.

cfGOEDO.png

Poor Ranger just keeps getting beat up and there's nothing he can do. He'd have been much more of a threat had he decided to pack a sword that day.

GSN9zJF.pngqrtDYiN.png

On the next turn, Tethys finishes off the flyer squad once and for all.

PomRz8F.png

More lovely levels before the Ranger eventually meets his doom.

RVKFwz6.pngFp8IHtW.png

Dozla uses his Unlock staff to open the door, then gets an extra turn to back off behind the safety of my other units.

2rRSrE7.png

Tethys then comes in to shoot down a silly Mercenary for kicks.

MTW8Dew.pngsxsc2ay.png

At this point, I'm just luring the last vestiges of the enemy out one at a time and destroying them.

T0SkkZZ.png

Besides luring out a couple random nobodies who died soon after, this poor Archer got himself caught in the corner.

4slJTxi.png

This guy caught sadness too.

2gSSKJM.pngmsmKEEK.pngwklAsAe.png

A little Dancer abuse ensures Tethys can kill the ballista jerk while a Longbow is procured by Innes after dropping the Archer.

FO9GixA.pngRC9xDAV.png

As for the boss...yeah, he's got stupid high evasion, but his attack power 19 and...oh dear, my Tethys has 24 def. This is not a good day for Pablo.

GnMJfN7.pngJW4zcHI.png

Tethys can survive there sir. She's my star Captain Rex caliber unit after all.

9RsFVdg.png

Dozla picks up a level doing some random healing maintenance.

gXfiCyz.png

Tethys also picks up a level while chipping down Pablo. His evasion falters in the face of the newly acquired Lancereaver from a very recently killed enemy.

4kRhPof.png

No mulligans dude....annnddddd he runs off, what a dick. He's going to get speared in the face SO hard if he so much as shows his face in any chapter after this, mark my words.

jEBt9Yv.png

Hayden seizes the gate and the chapter's over with.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Forde, Ewan, Vanessa, Natasha)]Forde's growths:

Hp: 0% Luk: 45%

Str: 45% Def: 0%

Skl: 110% Res: 80%

Spd: 0%

Nope!

Ewan's growths:

Hp: 45% Luk: 20%

Str: 0% Def: 0%

Skl: 90% Res: 110%

Spd: 25%

Still nope!

Vanessa's growths:

Hp: 95% Luk: 100%

Mag: 20% Def: 0%

Skl: 0% Res: 15%

Spd: 30%

Probably the best unit I got out of this chapter if only for the prospective chance of turning her into a Summoner and letting her summon minions to do work for me.

Natasha's growths:

Hp: 25% Luk: 55%

Str: 50% Def: 40%

Skl: 80% Res: 100%

Nope once more!

Time for an update.

[spoiler=Ch11 Part 1: Foggy Conditions]LhwVST2.pngU3SJVix.pngKrotkw4.png

Did a bit of Valni grinding before the next chapter. Innes picked up the last few levels he needed to hit lv20.

N1nEStA.pngRZHqd5Y.png

Used my Guiding Ring to promote Innes to Sage who had the superior movement range, then tossed my Secret Book his way. He'll need every one of them to keep his skill at acceptable levels.

FX3tuXi.pngB2B077b.pngpEbL63d.pngcAEDQw6.pngtV0zAB2.png

Some others got some training done. Saleh completed his run to lv20 and capped strength like a man. Now if only I had two or three Speedwings I could kick his way.

PrEImSS.pngw34ldFr.pngclbH06P.png4ua7wgN.png

Dozla also hit lv20. Next Guiding Ring I get will likely be sent his way.

8ojWOZt.pngp3hi7U1.png

Finally, Hayden & Tethys each picked up a level. Tethys capped speed with hers.

7xkCSLD.png

Anyways, on with the chapter proper now. Another Fog of War map, but this one's much easier to manage with only one thing of importance besides some chests.

BiFInp0.png

Yup, two people that need to join my side. Let's see who they are.

S55R8mt.png6qlXEQZ.png

First up we have Gilliam. Bases are fine, good weaponry to begin with, especially that Bright Lance. Now watch as his growths are god awful because the game seems to love giving me units with either 0% speed or 0% strength growths.

n53oPVb.pngbO4hPSh.png

Finally, Eirika. Lots of defense and likewise able to hold her own in battle thanks to a solid weapon. Both her & Gilliam should be able to stand their ground until I can get someone over to recruit them.

LiyOQia.pngHC78F1b.png

With some Torch staff use, I get an idea of what's in each possible direction.

22aObeA.png

Going down the narrow western side will be Tethys, Duessel, Gerik, Rennac, Hayden, and Dozla. Everyone else will be taking the other route.

dYsjXSi.png

Of course, the western team has some...issues hitting targets.

WY0yYbt.pngfaGmSrp.pngWdxMnWK.png

That's why I have Dancers of course. However, she uses her first extra turn to shoot down a monster behind the weakened one, then a second extra turn to switch over to a melee weapon for some counterattacking during the enemy phase.

iW9itkX.png

Speaking of the enemy phase, the three skeletons near Saleh all attack him. He only eats a hit from one of them and none survive the counterattacks, especially the first sucker to attack him.

GKLVuQH.png6lzsrXJ.png

Both of these girls get into more than a fight each, but this is how every fight started out. Their assailants did not survive the counterattacks.

VJVZEBt.png

Gilliam's not half bad in combat either thanks to his Bright Lance.

DFFpvAN.png

Tethys continues to murder southwards.

8jrzeGT.pngI5V4fK4.pngZ8ovh7V.png

Here's the boss, but like Pablo in the last chapter, the Paladin can't damage Tethys at all. Easy kill once he decides to move.

Hvrx0vP.png

Dozla's getting brought down towards the west with some Dancer powers.

UplO6xs.pngTEne1vy.png

Since nobody on the eastern team has 20+ defense, Innes scouts ahead with his Torch staff to find quite the army waiting for them. Easy enough to lure out one or two at a time and kill though.

pRLuSXy.pngQFD9WiA.png

Speaking of killing, that's just what Innes & Gilliam do on this enemy phase.

p38YuGm.png

Tethys doesn't care about the boss as she smacks him twice for even thinking to attack her.

cLNOw5y.pngKnPmWpi.pnga73VbC9.png

Tethys gets a little Dancer assistance to bring down the "boss" and pick up a level. Her levels are going to look more and more like this now that her two best stats, speed & defense, are capped.

mBLnyhd.png

Another extra she gets is used to switch her over to a bow for some counterattacking on the next enemy phase.

yl8yYNO.pngXzn7Xkn.png

Pictured: The two enemies that did not survive the counterattacks (Mauthe Doogs have crap for speed so Innes easily doubles them).

dHpiwQA.pngr0lLSqL.pngWFvbhqV.png

Tethys gets some extra turns to start carving through every enemy that appears in her path.

UMfV95x.png

If her skills with a sword weren't good enough, they just got better since she's finally at S-Swords after killing that last monster.

T44bC4f.pngLR9MzE8.png

A couple skeletons try their luck against Amelia in the next enemy phase. They don't fare any better sadly.

8MORFTb.pngORZrGyw.png

Nor do any enemies who try to attack my Dancers because they either miss in glorious fashion or just can't do any damage to start with.

DXKoPEK.png8m3CcxP.png

Nothing can stop Tethys right now. Nothing.

XgiOmu4.png

Nothing really happening up north so Amelia gets patched up by Innes.

XgP2sJj.pngiszg8Lb.png

More attacks that aren't going to really register on any threat scales anytime soon.

5cVDUs8.png

Dozla reveals a pretty huge group of enemies to the east of Tethys. She'll swing by here and just shame the entire group on her own.

wZbLGug.png

Innes decides to go and nuke a lured in Longbow skeleton for kicks as part 1 of the update comes to a close. Part 2 should be up soon.

[spoiler=Ch11 Part 2: Still Foggy Out There]3191Us9.pngbG8ZzCc.png1ojKw9N.pnggE6FbT5.png2L7RKxF.pngrB8C6Go.png

Tethys gets some mad crit spam going on as she slays four of the enemies in the southeast during the enemy phase.

h3usVTT.png

Ok that might be a little more of a problem. Emphasis on "might".

OPBMypl.png

Northern team still racking up some kills of their own.

Ixv1ohN.pngyhLjaHO.png

Well, that explains why the Deathgoyle hit so hard. Very high stats, but the one thing holding it back a bit is that low hp. If it had another, say, 20 hp max, it'd be that much more dangerous.

WX8wYGZ.pngQjcdFh3.png

Not that it would help against Tethys though who plants an arrow in the flyer to end its life.

jZ5eVSh.png3UVV5we.pngJqZhsdw.pngG8JmAPF.png

Some actual reinforcements, but they're not really all that strong. Rennac is keeping a couple from breaking through in the southwest while Innes, Ewan, and Saleh kill the ones coming in their team's direction.

nNvbKnA.png1ww4LnD.png

Tethys: Still not giving any fucks over the next couple of turns!

5W1YHsb.pngeiNrMvM.png

Finally, Hayden reaches Gilliam and talks to him. Gilliam then talks to Eirika, meaning I can now start cleaning up the rest of the enemies and grabbing all the loot from the chests.

kDgudnu.png

Of course, there's still quite a few enemies left in the northeast.

3FcqQbw.png

Oh boy, a random ass skeleton appeared. No biggie since Rennac's dancing buddies are nearby and they can dance away to safety.

kIhQS4d.pngfQLWRuk.pngyt6fcZc.png

Alternatively, bring my nuclear weapon over west to wipe the skeleton from the board.

8i6YpuQ.png

Oh big whoop, something can damage Eirika.

EMqlw7x.png

Either the quick and painful death or a double hit of death. That's what happened to anyone attacking Tethys this enemy phase.

3l3CXF4.pngg9q4x1n.pngspckW7k.png

Another skeleton came in during that enemy phase and hit Eirika with a Javelin. She retreats and Tethys comes in to clean house with some Dancer assistance.

csbNcLI.png

Northeast team isn't needing to do much at the moment so I'm just making sure the other team has nothing to worry about reinforcement wise before moving in deeper.

d9tbOd2.png

Tethys gets more strength, sweet.

KhFsluo.pnglRNDByI.pngfSCi1MS.pngE9RIRFx.png

That's the last of the reinforcements from the southwest.

UHt1uyT.png

Meanwhile, the northeastern team is slowly chipping away at the enemies remaining up there with Innes picking up a level after a kill.

TrtQ1zE.png

First chest looted.

J6DuWn1.png

You know, I should get some Valni training for Fado done soon. He's got some good defensive growths and would make a pretty good meatshield to lure enemies in.

j7aitZq.png

Innes picks up C-Staves as he patches up Fado.

Ebo66zs.pngxlgs9ps.png

Slowly but surely, the enemy force is disappearing.

W5v3IPt.pnglWkt91y.pnglpiuyCb.png

Gerik could care less about a pesky Gargoyle as he grabs the second chest. The Secret Book will be going to Innes very soon.

FiNJH5R.png

Gerik's attacker doesn't last very long.

FsDzxit.png

Gerik gets healed up. Everything's fine now.

vtCqT5Q.png

Oh fuck you. That makes twice I should have had to reload a savestate (First time was back in 5x). At least the cheeky bastard doesn't survive the counterattacks.

oa5Usnz.png

Innes finally makes it down to the other team where he gets some healing.

PqDHM3h.pngluG80D2.png

Tethys moves a bit to the west and finds an Entombed & skeleton who attacks her. The Entombed eats a critical sword to the face and dies.

236Sab2.pngRyU9Bfy.pngaN3WrT4.png

Some lighting up of the area, then Innes coming in to kill a bow using skeleton to pick up S-Anima for himself.

yWu4TC8.pngkpMMfBj.png

Last chest get, then Innes gets the Captain Rex award for ending a chapter with a critical hit. I'm sure he'd approve of this, heh.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Gilliam, Eirika)]Gilliam's growths:

Hp: 150% Luk: 30%

Str: 90% Def: 0%

Skl: 0% Res: 15%

Haha, nope. Still, since he replaces L'Arachel, I'll need to bring him along for one chapter so he can recruit Rennac's actual replacement without needing to spend any gold.

Eirika's growths:

Hp: 65% Luk: 50%

Str: 40% Def: 55%

Skl: 5% Res: 95%

Unlike Gilliam, Eirika has some potential use. Yeah, no speed growth sucks, but she has good hp, str, luk, def, and res growths, meaning she could be a meatshield unit once properly leveled up. She may yet be useful to me, we shall see.

Update time!

[spoiler=Ch12 Part 1: Monster Canyon]G53CnqD.png

Innes gets that Secret Book I picked up last chapter kicked his way. May consider tossing him the Dragonshield later so his defense isn't quite as bad too.

PKH1RAE.pngKHsAn3q.png

New party member joins at the start. Given my luck, she'll probably have a 0% growth in strength and make her useless. Thankfully, she brings two very nice weapons for the pile. She holds on to the Dragonspear for the time being, but she trades her Brave Lance over to Ewan and takes an Iron Lance in return.

ckWE1Mm.png

Well, you all probably know about the freeze that occurs when that Bael steps on the square the Skeleton is standing on to the south. I could do some minor dark sorcery to fix that...

eM2paXx.pngLmK3Gug.pngBrzEHUP.png

...But what's the use? Saleh's going to go nip that little issue in the bud before it has a chance to manifest. Saleh does use some Pure Water since he'll be in range of multiple eyes for the first few turns.

cH6Y8U0.pngZmjEyFj.png8SLUi8R.png

Tethys is her usual self.

asDco5C.png

Haven't really seen Baels too much. Not as fast as Mercenaries, but much more defense & hp.

aBaT25E.png

Shouldn't be too bad. Ewan eats a hit from the Bael on the enemy phase, but fails to land a counterattack (31% chance on the mountain peak).

wfz0bTc.pngJKjteJm.pngrENDyXV.png

As for some other characters? They actually do land their attacks and kill their targets.

4v9esH0.png

0/0/0, sweet.

3NuKmuK.png

Not sweet, oh dear. Triggered the first group of enemies a bit too early. Luckily, I think I can kill the Mauthe Doogs and get into a defensive position to keep my squishies protected from the Gargoyles.

JnMvFQi.png4LjxIoq.png

Tethys & Saleh do a bit of house cleaning, the latter killing that vile little Skeleton that could have been a catalyst for a freeze bug.

GT36o1o.pngGr4b2oh.png

Innes, with some Dancer help, takes out a pair of Mauthe Doogs.

ixPxXT8.pnguPZBl4B.png

Hayden kills the third one, then with a Dancer provided turn, gets away from the danger zone.

pSNnXYF.png

After setting up my defensive line (and having Dozla heal up Ewan), it's time to see who the Gargoyles and that one Bael go after. Luckily, I shouldn't lose anyone except to bullshit criticals.

vIyl95t.pngT2BtcZg.pngaKJr29T.png

That went pretty well all things considered. Those three, while each taking some heavy damage, can be easily patched up with some Dancer use and my staff users.

Fl5NhrG.png

A random monster decided to occupy the same spot as his recently deceased Skeleton buddy in order to attack Saleh. All he does is fly back a tile and toss a Short Spear at the dingbat to free up the space once again.

h5KvvLQ.pngiFKzNhj.pngIg9uWbz.pngFfW5tHJ.png9Vdgydr.pngFnHUbei.png

Everyone's safe for now after doing some house cleaning (and healing up Ewan before he engaged the Bael).

VkSiztm.png.

This Gargoyle here? Has a Horseslayer.

4rKlR94.png

Well, had a Horseslayer. Tethys destroys the dingbat and claims the weapon for the storage pile.

hCzE98f.pngM4NvO8R.png

Saleh is still not giving any fucks as he counterkills some poor giant magic eyes.

IBNo1U7.pngWmtz4yO.pnguCP5ga5.png

Likewise for Tethys as she gets a lucky critical, taking out a large chunk of the Bael's hp.

n1Wy71W.png

Hayden finishes off the Bael, ending today's update. I'll have the last party up sometime tomorrow.

Time to wrap up chapter 12.

[spoiler=Ch12 Part 2: Tethys Still Steamrolls Everything]JVhpzM6.png

As you can see, Tethys is about to ruin the day of a couple poor Baels.

bFE3Bf7.png74jOJ53.png

Well, maybe ruining their day was overestimating it, but she did knock off a decent chunk of their hp totals.

oSPypTo.png4ypagtK.png

At this point, anything Tethys doesn't kill instantly can be picked off by any other unit. Hayden is one of the few still able to get a decent amount of exp per kill and gets some precious speed for himself upon killing one of the weakened Baels.

Ox27emf.pngfWX8QEj.png

Innes, now with S-Anima, decides to play around with a Shine tome and picks up a level slaying the other Bael.

G8WsTaQ.png

Quite a few enemies here that are all going to attack at once more or less since they only move when someone's in their range. That's all good, but...

VeySq4Y.png

When I send out my 24 defense unit to meet them all, carnage ensues.

0G9os2F.png

Lots and lots of carnage. A grand total of 8 enemies attack her in this enemy phase. Only three survive, a Bael and two Gargoyles.

3Gr8BzY.png

More strength!

UL0lPa5.png9MPNfvl.png

Fado & Hayden clean up the survivors of the enemy phase.

I1gAhhO.png

The other Gargoyle tries to go for Innes. He responds by slamming the flying beast with some magic and it dies.

r9I3org.png

Tethys moves forward a bit and lures in another Bael on the enemy phase, breaking her Iron Blade in the process.

4R1Prlu.pngItuXlLy.png3j6a7dy.png

Not much to say here. Tethys moves forward. Whatever survives her attacks get picked off by either Hayden, Innes, or even Fado. That Mauthe Doog did not survive a round with Tethys though.

56HXsEH.png

Yeah yeah, another weakened enemy dies, but take note of that red-roofed house in the northwest. In a couple turns, Tethys gets up there and gets a prize...

63ijx0q.pngXOSK1iK.png

Yet ANOTHER Knight. I'd have taken another Dancer at this point honestly. Oh well, he brings another Brave Lance and a free Energy Ring to the storage pile.

jhvROWg.png

The other red-roofed house contains a useful staff.

n8vV9Qh.pngCR6edeN.png

New enemy type appears! Not as much defense as Baels, but more skill & speed.

6NnmXKu.pngklo5Afs.png

Of course, since it came by itself, it dies horribly.

WvUdlwt.png

A couple of turns later, Tethys triggers another annoying group of flying jerks. Perhaps even more annoying than the first group because they can stay on the mountains and go gank anyone they want in the middle of the canyon. Solution?

RPInw8f.png74mvkHP.png8k2GPkk.pngZOnVnM6.png

Tethys is going to handle every single flyer that dares to come her way.

Also, the boss dies horribly and Tethys gets a Horseslayer to be sent to storage.

56pcU9Y.png

The flying jerks begin to attack. Tethys could care less.

2nki1DK.png

Especially when she's about to counterattack any Gargoyle in possession of a 1 range spear.

hpKj8xl.png

I didn't bother to give Tethys any Elixirs. All those enemies would have to hit her and she'd have to miss several 95%+ hit chances in a row for her to be anywhere near death.

olsEJ16.png

Honestly, this was to be expected. With two growths under 40% and her speed, defense, and I believe even skill being capped, empty levels like this aren't going to be all that rare for her.

UG1BaKi.png

So yeah, a few turns worth of attacking a bunch of Gargoyles and Tethys comes out of taking only 7 damage total. She's that damned good folks!

bSJlx5V.pngIg9css1.png

Just a few more monsters to deal with now.

0XOHcs6.png

With some help provided by the Dancers, Hayden gets another level which features more hp and a cap for magic.

ALjvuyL.pngqN6ln0K.pngAwCHzHr.png

More luring & weakening nets Hayden another level, this one capping his skill and providing some precious luck.

Also, Tethys did get hit there. Those Entombed hit quite hard after all.

f1tDh9c.pngoIIYa9r.pngF8rPZ3s.png

Tethys cleans up the last couple of enemies in the area as the chapter comes to a close.

[spoiler=Growths & Comments (Neimi, Cormag)]Neimi's growths:

Hp: 75% Luk: 110%

Str: 0% Def: 5%

Skl: 15% Res: 55%

Spd: 55%

Shock and awe, no strength growth with all of 8 strength. Anyone surprised? I'm sure not!

Cormag's growths:

Hp: 90% Luk: 20%

Str: 25% Def: 45%

Skl: 5% Res: 80%

Spd: 50%

Well, there might be a small glimmer of hope for him. Perhaps not as a full time combat unit given bad strength & skill growths, but as a potential meatshield unit given his hp, speed, defense, and resistance growths. Going to do some Valni grinding and see what comes of this potential.