Spoilers indeed: does this game has a more mature take on virginity?

PenguinPrincess

"purity" ? Just the fact that you equate the two. I find your opinion disgusting.

Contextually, it's been used to mean such before. Need I mention "purity rings"? Seta wasn't trying to offend anyone; no need to entirely throw out an opinion and call it disgusting because of word choice.

"purity" ? Just the fact that you equate the two. I find your opinion disgusting.

Whoa, dude, it's okay to have a different opinion, but no need to be mean, he didn't say anything offensive or disguisting.

Good lord.

In some ways, Japan is royally f*cked up.

Just in some way ? :p

And there's the truth behind the idol industry, if you guys ever knew what goes behind the scenes of the idol industry, you would never see idols the same way, EVER AGAIN, seriously if you ever want to continue enjoying idols, don't research the industry behind it, it will crush you, even if you don't like idols.

If it doesn't bother you, could you explain me about those things to me ? I never liked idols anyways.

I can give more examples more if you guys are interested and share my morbid curiosity,

And don't think male japanese celebrities are free from this,

Take the Mamoru Miyano incident for example, that thing was NASTY.

And there's the truth behind the idol industry, if you guys ever knew what goes behind the scenes of the idol industry, you would never see idols the same way, EVER AGAIN, seriously if you ever want to continue enjoying idols, don't research the industry behind it, it will crush you, even if you don't like idols.

Oh, I know, I know. The Mamoru Miyano incident was very nasty indeed. There's no reason to tell us about it or about the idol industry, as I think it's somewhat offtopic in regards to our discussion. (PM me all the nasty details instead.)

That said, I think Fire Emblem generally avoids mentioning who the characters' first loves or sexual backstories are, even in Awakening, which is what I generally prefer in games with a marriage system.

If it doesn't bother you, could you explain me about those things to me ? I never liked idols anyways.

Don't say I didn't warn you, but it's a fascinating, if disturbing read:

http://neojaponisme.com/2010/04/05/the-jimusho-system-part-one/

There are three more parts if you want know more of this fascinating but grotesque industry.

I apologize for going off-topic, but I had to say it.

Edited by Water Mage

This topic made me a bit more receptive to Zero as a character, though I do agree that ideas in idol culture are starting to bleed into FE (and other JRPGs) in a negative way - at least for us from other parts of the world.

All that I can really offer is that, as was discussed a little earlier, Japan is kind of screwed up in that department, and I think it's getting a bit worse than it was 10-20 years ago. I'm not going to prod this topic any more than I should.

Now that I think about it, most characters that most likely aren't virgins, are Kamuisexuals aren't they?

And sorry for going off topic again, but for those who read that article, send me a message telling what were opinion on the Jimusho system, I'm feeling sadist today, and want to see some horrified reactions.

Now that I think about it, most characters that most likely aren't virgins, are Kamuisexuals aren't they?

And sorry for going off topic again, but for those who read that article, send me a message telling what were opinion on the Jimusho system, I'm feeling sadist today, and want to see some horrified reactions.

What is a Kamuisexual?

What is a Kamuisexual?

Characters who can only S support with Kamui.

Kinda like say Say'ri, Tiki and Anna (there are others yes, but these were basically the main 3 before all the bonus spotpass stuff) who were Robinsexual.

Edited by Jedi

IIRC, I read an article which stated that the more sex partners a women has before marriage, the more likely she is to be unhappy with a marriage and/or get a divorce. The same correlation was not found for men, however. I haven't followed the topic though to see if the study had been revised/replicated/rebutted so take it with a grain of salt.

What is a Kamuisexual?

Characters that can only marry Kamui, like Yuugiri, Fuuga, Yukimura, Guther, Asyura Crimson and Flora, and with the exception of Crimson and Flora, these characters are probably over 40, and most likely aren't virgins.

What's wrong with a female or a male character being a virgin? Even in real life, people might save themselves for marriage and this is a thing you know? Like others said there's more scope in this game now compared to Awakening.

Sure we still have the virgin/maiden Hinoka and Camilla who really cherishes the Avatar, but we also have Zero, we have Yuugiri, we have characters like Saizou and Kagerou.

Hearttranquil said it herself, more variety in character tropes allows more players to better enjoy the diversity it brings and self-insert/fanfic.

Some ways. As in multiple. And I might as well have put many ways, but I was going for a slightly sarcastic understatement (...as I go and explain my entire thought process).

And yeah, the Japanese Idol industry (can I call it that?) is so messed up. Just hoping that it breaks down over the next decade or so.

I am THIS CLOSE to having the topic closed, on the grounds of being a topic in terrible taste.

Don't encourage me.