Newest DLC Is Out Now!

KaceytronIRL

Ok, so its only named characters.

Thank you for clarifying!

Yep ! like in the beach // island dlc; it's the same map too ; u ;

and no problem ~

if anyone wants me to scout the skills and/or weapons of each unit, I can do that too ~!

but that might take the fun out of it aha

*smacks head on wall repeatedly* NOOO did it say that somewhere in the beginning ????

I'll admit, I didn't read any of the dialogue and jumped straight to team Takumi...

danng needed that dark flier scroll though, since the game decided not to give it to me after I bought the physical versions cries

aaah i can't imagine betraying takumi though so looks like that scroll will just have to wait ; U ;

don't know who I'd give it to anyways ~

[spoiler=quick sketch i drew for celebration lols]

victory.png

aah yeah, i got rid of Elise first thing, and as soon as Saizou // Kagerou // Ryouma were in range, I just finished them with one hit as soon as possible ; u ;

Leon and Sakura gave me a lot of trouble though, they had me surrounded and if it weren't for defense stance cutting in at the right time,

I would have lost really early on ; u ;

Luckily Takumi's bow was able to take care of a lot of the flying units...I used Oboro to finish off the others and Hinata mostly to tank attacks haha

but yeah would NOT want to face against those three !

By picking a faction I meant picking a royal from the faction. It doesn't matter which version you play on!

By siding with Ryouma, Hinoka, Takumi, or Sakura and win, you get the Dread Scroll.

By siding with Marx, Camilla, Leo, or Elise and win, you get the Dark Flier Scroll.

By picking a faction I meant picking a royal from the faction. It doesn't matter which version you play on!

By siding with Ryouma, Hinoka, Takumi, or Sakura and win, you get the Dread Scroll.

By siding with Marx, Camilla, Leo, or Elise and win, you get the Dark Flier Scroll.

Oh no, that's what I meant as well, haha~

It's just that now I have three dread scrolls (though I used two already, the ones you get from buying the game) and no dark falcon ones (that you receive end game, but you don't get them if you have both physical versions, at least one, either Nohr or Hoshido needs to be digital);

So yeah, I'm a bit peeved that you don't get to at least pick which one you want haha ~ ; U ;

I downloaded the new DLC and beat it with Takumi's team about an hour ago. I think I cleared it on the second try, but considering that I haven't beaten the beach DLC yet, I guess it's not bad at all (even if it took 23 turns). Of course, Hinata died at a point when Ryouma was the only person left and I didn't want to restart, so I feel compelled to replay it with my entire team alive. Eventually.

Wait, is it currently? Robin themself isn't even necessarily male. If that's true, what the fuck, IS.

I don't see that written anywhere, care for a source?

Yes, it is currently the case. IS only programmed in M!Robin, so the Grandmaster model is male only (at least for now).

The reason for that is easily guessed: Super Smash Bros. M!Robin was made into the face of the Robins and the Grandmaster class is basically a fusion between Robin's Smash appearance and his Awakening appearance. M!Robin also gets promoted by Smash quite a bit, while F!Robin is treated mostly as an alternate costume. (Not to mention that the main trophy is M!Robin which the amiibo was based on in the first place, and F!Robin doesn't even appear in the Wii U trophy boxes, not even among FE Heroes or Female Fighters.)

For now, I'm guessing that IS don't consider the amiibo classes to be part of the standard classes or even the standard DLC classes, so they gender-lock it according to the character representing the class (since the model used for amiibo classes are based on the character you get from the amiibo). Expect Roy's class to be similiarly genderlocked. But hey, at least females have the Awakening skill.

EDIT:

Here's a source that shows what DLC classes males and females can promote into.

As well as confirmation on the matter.

Edited by Folt

Interesting observations. And, of course, they've been reflected onto the wiki:

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Dread_Scroll

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Dark_Falcon_Wing

Wonder what I'll be able to reflect onto the ( http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Fellblood_Emblem) and ( http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/First_Dragon_Blood ) wiki pages two weeks from now? And if anyone actually ever gives enough of a damn about what the ( http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Small_Stone ) does enough to help me improve its wiki page?...

Does anyone know if you keep all of the items you get during the DLC mission or are you supposed to use them during that specific level? If the latter is true, I've been doing it all wrong...

Also, any ideas on which Nohrian sibling is easiest to do this with? I'm trying Elise and Marx at the moment, but I'm not very good at this so neither of them are working for me haha.

Does anyone know if you keep all of the items you get during the DLC mission or are you supposed to use them during that specific level? If the latter is true, I've been doing it all wrong...

Also, any ideas on which Nohrian sibling is easiest to do this with? I'm trying Elise and Marx at the moment, but I'm not very good at this so neither of them are working for me haha.

You don't keep ANY of them. Use them! At the end you get 1 stat increasing item (only the first time you complete it) and 1 promotion item (as many times as you like).

I completed with Leon's team in 21 turns. It can be a bit hard when some teams suddenly rush you... If I could give a tip that works for any team, it's to make sure you're in range of a dragon vein to freeze the enemy for a turn. Saved me when I was suddenly faced with 2 enemy teams rushing.

This dlc is really hard. Only managed to beat it with ryoumas team after trying with Leo's and Hinokas.

I found teams with Archers to be the easiest! It allows Belka, Camilla, Tsubaki, and Hinoka to be taken down easily. I personally earned the rewards using Takumi and Leo.

For Takumi, I would have Oboro engage usually, and have Hinata and Takumi clean up. When facing the royals with unique weapons, I would get as close up as I can while having a second Takumi activate the Freeze, and have Oboro tank the shots for clean up by Hinata and Takumi once again.

For Leo, I would rely on Odin to deal damage using crits and having Zero sweep flying units, with Leo as a freezing activator and clean up.

What the heck that this DLC disables resurrection even you're playing Phoenix mode.

From what I understand, you're using pre-built characters, so it doesn't matter if they live or die past this map. Guess Phoenix players are in for a taste of classic mode.

Yeah I think the most accurate description would be that maps like this are automatically set to Casual Mode regardless of the main game.

From what I understand, you're using pre-built characters, so it doesn't matter if they live or die past this map. Guess Phoenix players are in for a taste of classic mode.

You don't realize that the previous set-unit map (the beach one) doesn't disable Phoenix feature so all the units can auto-resurrect in next turn in Phoenix mode when they die.

But this map disables that. The units NEVER REVIVE in Phoenix when they have been KOed.

Edited by MelonGx

lol I just played it for the second time w/ Leon because need that Dark falcon scroll for Ophelia and UGH

everyone was really easy to get past, but Ryouma was a pain ??! ; A ;

I ended up having to sack Zero (by getting Ryouma down to half and getting killed in the process)

so that I could finish him off with Leon. The annoying thing was, the accuracy rates for Leon and Odin were pretty low (was 60% most of the time)

and Zero couldn't really damage them much.

I ended up using the clones to divert their attention so that I could finish off Saizou first while Kagerou and Ryouma chased them across the map lol

But yeah, Leon took me a good nearly ~40 turns first try while Takumi took me 24 I think ; u ;

to be fair, I didn't plan too well and Elise was also a monster ?? lol

(I don't know why they didn't decide to make all the advanced clergy Club-wielders, if nothing else than to make nuns with axes into a tradition.)

Yeah, I know this is a really late response, but...

I'm pretty sure Japanese priestesses use bows as some sort of sacred ornament or something, so the fact that they use different weapons then their male counterpart is probably just a reference to Japanese tradition.