Treasure! Sign Ups/Out of Character Stuff

AnonymousSpeed

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't want to make him a foot unit anyway because i can't call a knight a character that can't fight on horseback. i'll even prefer to make a totally new character rather than changing the class type of this one.

My skype is Izhuark.

Edit :

okay how is this ?

Class type : Mounted

HP : 22 (64%)

Strenght: 5 (35%)

Magic : 3 (15%)

Skill : 4 (25%)

Speed : 3 (35%)

Luck : 4 (35%)

Defense: 5 (40%)

Resistance: 2 (40%)

Weapon : Lance D, Staff E

Edited by Izhuark

i don't want to make him a foot unit anyway because i can't call a knight a character that can't fight on horseback. i'll even prefer to make a totally new character rather than changing the class type of this one.

I see, well, that's fine, if you have an idea you want to stick to that's fine. Just know that you may need to change some aspects.

Class type : Mounted

HP : 22 (64%)

Strenght: 5 (35%)

Magic : 3 (15%)

Skill : 4 (25%)

Speed : 3 (35%)

Luck : 4 (35%)

Defense: 5 (40%)

Resistance: 2 (40%)

As is, his magic is quite low for a unit who is supposed to use staves. I think maybe putting some res or defense growth in magic would be helpful, and low skill does reduce his ability to hit, but he would still be a functioning unit, and being a healer and having a horse make him quite useful. His growth points are also technically a little over, 140 instead of 135.

God i'm so bad at optimisation. Now i know why i always prefer to throw a dice in tabletops rpgs.

HP : 22 (70% 10 points)

Strenght: 5 (25% 15 points)

Magic : 3 (20% 10 points)

Skill : 4 (30% 10 points)

Speed : 3 (30% 10 points)

Luck : 4 (30% 20 points)

Defense: 5 (40% 30 points)

Resistance: 2 (30% 30 points)

Arg still no good... Is my project of character even viable ? Because thoses -25 really hurt me there...

Edited by Izhuark

Heheh, well, sorry about the absence of dice, but don't worry, you can manage, surely.

Now, is it viable?...Iunno, possibly, but possibly not. It's important not to stretch yourself too thin. Being a defensive mounted unit who has both staves and a physical weapon can be pretty tough, I imagine. I mean, I recall it worked in Shinvel, but the character creation mechanic here is much different.

Also, remember, Res growth base is still 10% for mounts. I think, as is, there's a little too much investment in trying to be defensive, which can work fine, but while trying to be decent in all these other places as well, you are too spread out, honestly.

Okay this one is the definitive one, if it's do not work it never will and i'll create a new character from nothing instead.

HP : 22 (70% 10 points)

Strenght: 5 (40% 30 points)

Magic : 3 (20% 10 points)

Skill : 4 (35% 15 points)

Speed : 3 (40% 20 points)

Luck : 4 (30% 20 points)

Defense: 5 (30% 20 points)

Resistance: 2 (20% 10 points)

Okay this one is the definitive one, if it's do not work it never will and i'll create a new character from nothing instead.

This is certainly the most statistically viable build so far. The magic is a little low, I think, but I won't make you make a character a certain way.

I think magic isn't as important for a staff user than for a tome user as most of the time the heal formula is Staff power + magic and since most of the time the staff power is alone decent for heal power. It can be problematic later on with ranged staff but i remember that all my staffbot in the gba fe had fairly low magic but compensated with their godly luck and speed wich made them useful. (clarine i think of you ! )

Edit : I just tought of it but i could invite a friend. his name is tortwag and write english fictions for some time on the internet, he's not on this forum and didn't played a lot of fe games but have some experiences on t-rpg in general. Plus his favorite medevial fantastic archetype is the thief so it would fit in ours actual needs...

Edited by Izhuark

Well, I'd say relying more on the healing from the staff itself can do fine until the characters start promoting and someone else can pick up staffs to help out.

I think magic isn't as important for a staff user than for a tome user as most of the time the heal formula is Staff power + magic and since most of the time the staff power is alone decent for heal power. It can be problematic later on with ranged staff but i remember that all my staffbot in the gba fe had fairly low magic but compensated with their godly luck and speed wich made them useful. (clarine i think of you ! )

Edit : I just tought of it but i could invite a friend. his name is tortwag and write english fictions for some time on the internet, he's not on this forum and didn't played a lot of fe games but have some experiences on t-rpg in general. Plus his favorite medevial fantastic archetype is the thief so it would fit in ours actual needs...

Well, that's a good point. Again, it's up to you what to go with, that was just my personal input. If you like him as it is, you can 'submit' him as he is.

Sure, the more the merrier. After all, this is about teaching, so introducing him a bit more the SRPG idea is sort of in line with that.

Well, I'd say relying more on the healing from the staff itself can do fine until the characters start promoting and someone else can pick up staffs to help out.

True, this is indeed something to keep in mind. Given that we have Helena and Zaragoza, he might end up outclassed in that regard later on.

Name: Gabe

Affinity: ice

Class: scholar

Biography: Gabe was a young mage who was facinated by history and loved to look and research historical moments and oddities, monuments, ruins and the like. when he learned about the torini islands he was very interested and in going over and seeing what historical wonders were waiting there so when he first got the chance he packed his bags and traveled to thira and began trying to understand its history in any way he could. when word of the hidden treasure spread Gabe wanted very much to try and find it but after seeing all the failed attempts he knew he would never be ble to search for them on his own so he waited in hope for an opportunity to present itself.

Apperance: Gabe is a short male young man around the age of 16 with big round glasses and short dark brown hair. he wears a gray cloak with a brown undershirt and pants, he also wears black shoes. he always has a headband on and always has a small bag of books which he reads during long trips along with his spell book in case of danger.

Personality: he isnt the most social of people, when he isnt in something historical he is reading eating or sleeping. he is socially awkward not knowing how to speak often causing him to accidentally say things that he shouldn't say if he is even paying attention to the conversation at all. the only way to pull him away from his books an studies is with good food preferably well done meat.

class type: foot unit

stats:

hp 20 (65%)

str 1 (10%)

mag 7(60%)

skl 6 (45%)

spd 6 (50%)

luck 4 (20%)

def 5 (35%)

res 2 (35%)

weapon rank dark D

Edited by gabethegreen

You have 4 base points left, but according to my calculations, your growth points line up rather nicely.

Two people who use Dark Tomes of the Scholar class? It's consistent, at least.

Sorry i miscounted also i swear i didn't know someone did that I only looked at the first page for sineup instructions and game story stuff things.

Edited by gabethegreen

Heheh, oh, 'tis nothing which needs apologizing for. I simply found it amusing.

Oh, and since Dark increases magic by 2, your minimum in that stat would actually be six, 1 base, 3 for primary magic weapon, 2 for Dark Tomes.

Quite a funny one, as well.

Alright Gabe, there's just one issue now, which is that you are literally one base point too high. Once that's solved, we should be good, and I'll PM all of you the next day to work out your starting inventories and such.

ah i just found out that my base are too high, i didn't saw there was also a cost in base for a second weapon... so i must redistribute my character bases. That second weapon was a bad idea it hurt so much... T-T

HP : 22 (18 base + 2 point) (70% 10 points)

Strenght: 5(2 base + 3 bonus) (40% 30 points)

Magic : 3 (2 base +1 point) (20% 10 points)

Skill : 3 (2 base +1 point) (35% 15 points)

Speed : 4 (2 base + 2 point(40% 20 points)

Luck : 4 (0 base + 2 staff + 1 points)(30% 20 points)

Defense: 5 (3 base + 1 lance + 1 points) (30% 20 points)

Resistance: 3 (0 base + 1 lance + 2 staff) (20% 10 points)

this time it should be good... God, I think i made one the worst choice possible for a character idea (at least with this creation system).

Edit : Wait do i apply the +3 bonus in strength or not ? and do i apply the bonus of the secondary weapon ?

Edited by Izhuark

Edit : Wait do i apply the +3 bonus in strength or not ? and do i apply the bonus of the secondary weapon ?

The +3 bonus for weapon type only applies to the primary one. Which in your case would be the lance, so yeah, only +3 Strength for your case.

I'm just bad at remember to go back and check stuff.

Anyway, Gabe and Iz's stats check out now. I'll be sending out the PMs to establish starting inventory and such, gathering skypes as well, and generally set up more.