[SOLVED]Female Myrmidon animation in FE7?

Moz

well I have searched around and I can't find animations for female myrmidons for fe7, I hear you can rip them from 6 or 8 but you need to be using the admin variant of FEditor. Ff not then mixing use of the variants can cause issues. for a hacking newbie like myself this is quite daunting, could someone direct me to a female myrmidon battle sprite animation or a way of obtaining it?

thanks in advance

Edited by Moz

First, let me clear up some things.

1. You do not need to use the newest version (Render Edition) of FEditor for ripping sprites from another game. It does make it simpler, but it is not necessary, especially since for female myrmidons you only need two sprites, armed and unarmed. (I have never really used the Render Edition, so if anybody sees this, feel free to correct me.)

2. Mixing variants of FEditor can cause issues, but typically only if you downgrade instead of upgrade. Render Edition is considered an upgrade over the normal FEditor Adv. (again, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.)

Anyway, I unfortunately cannot direct you to the female myrmidon sprite. However, I can tell you how to obtain it:

1. Open up your copy of FE8 or FE6 in FEditor (if you are using FE6, make sure to have the proper translation patch)

2. In Class Animation Manager, find the female myrmidon. In an FE8 rom, the equipped sprite should be at 13 and the unarmed sprite at 14; I'm not sure about FE6.

3. Click 'Dump to Clipboard' on the equipped sprite.

4. Save and close the rom and open up your FE7 rom. Go to wherever you want to put the female myrmidon sprite, and click 'Paste from Clipboard'. You should now have the female myrmidon animation in your FE7 rom.

5. Save and close. Repeat this process for the unarmed sprite.

Hope this helped!

another question, can you edit spell animations? for example I want to change flux to blue instead of dark purple, would that be possible?

(it's not what I'm doing but one of my character's main backstory culminates in a personal spell, need to make it custom since ereshkigal and naglfar take way too long and don't fit the character's spell in the story's theme :P )

there is a way but it's not well-documented and moreover it takes forever

you basically have to edit the palette for both the foreground and background of every single frame individually (how exactly this is done i don't remember offhand but i'm sure if you isolated the object/bg frames you could just recolor in usenti and reinsert with gbage)

Edited by CT075