Any lore regarding the Invisible Kingdom?

GamingPandas

Any lore in the story mode players can read about? Like the population of IK, its culture and values, how people live, does her citizens trade with others, what their army is consisted of and their uniforms?

I love exploring such lore and I think if this is a game about warring nations (just like how I love 3 Kingdoms lore) then can someone tell me if there is much lore on the way of life of the people of IK?

If Hoshido is peaceful and Nohr is evil, how about IK?

How deep is this game's story and world view?

I hate to say it, but the world feels very shallow. My Japanese isn't good enough to get into any details of the worldbuilding, but to my knowledge we find out next to nothing substantial about any of the kingdoms in terms of culture, way of life, language or what have you. You feel more like an observer rather than someone invested in the game as you travel through duchies and other regions which are never mentioned again after their introduction chapter.

I've been trying to avoid looking at the story too much, but from what I glimpsed, despite what IS promised, the dialogue content is very similar to Awakening. As such, I don't recall much world-building or lore-building, besides what you see (this fits with what Thane experienced).

There are some subtle hints thrown around here and there though (mostly with the ancient texts and the Rainbow Sage) and I'm sure there is some deep lore concerning the Invisible Kingdom, but I have a bad feeling we're missing a lot of pieces (because IS are teases).

That said, I'm interested to see if there's anything substantial that I missed ^^

Maybe the Invisible History DLC (out next, next week) will shed some light on things as well.

Edited by VincentASM

I find it pretty pathetic that to get anything more than a superficial understanding of the story we would probably have to buy atleast two pieces of DLC (IK main story and IK prolouge) because from what Ive heard Hoshido and Nohr both contain almost nothing lore wise

I find it pretty pathetic that to get anything more than a superficial understanding of the story we would probably have to buy atleast two pieces of DLC (IK main story and IK prolouge) because from what Ive heard Hoshido and Nohr both contain almost nothing lore wise

Birthright is far better off than Conquest in that regard. One could argue the Nohr path hardly even has a story, and it contains far too many "if you buy another version you'll find out about this" teases.

Birthright is far better off than Conquest in that regard. One could argue the Nohr path hardly even has a story, and it contains far too many "if you buy another version you'll find out about this" teases.

And this is why I initially hated the IK, finding that the Invisible Kingdom itself is basically has little lore of culture that is told dosent help its case

Ah so there is little lore? A bit disappointed because after I played Awakening I had this shallow feeling in my heart. Don't we at least get to fight soldiers from IK, at least we know what they look like and what their uniforms are?

You guys ever played Valkyrie Chronicles 3? It has a good world building theme. It has great character designs and loads of characters you an bond with - just like FE.

But the bonds there are really forged through thick and thin. Like its a really good war game. FE is also a war game but I think its much more "anime".

Sadly, there's very little lore to speak of, and I wouldn't look forward to the *cough* prologue DLC *cough*.

And this is why I initially hated the IK, finding that the Invisible Kingdom itself is basically has little lore of culture that is told dosent help its case

The "three paths" set up was a terrible idea from the start. If they'd kept it to two paths, then they would have had less to focus on and more to dedicate. In other words, Touma really shouldn't have existed.

Really though, this conversation is beating a dead horse here. What can be said has been said; little new will come from continued discussion.

Ah so there is little lore? A bit disappointed because after I played Awakening I had this shallow feeling in my heart. Don't we at least get to fight soldiers from IK, at least we know what they look like and what their uniforms are?

You guys ever played Valkyrie Chronicles 3? It has a good world building theme. It has great character designs and loads of characters you an bond with - just like FE.

But the bonds there are really forged through thick and thin. Like its a really good war game. FE is also a war game but I think its much more "anime".

VC3 is a brilliant game.

[spoiler=Major IK spoilers]The Invisible Kingdom was devastated around a decade before the game begins and none of the original citizens survived (save story characters). You do fight their soldiers, but they're undead versions of Hoshidan/Nohrian enemies.

I haven't played VC3, but I played 2 and I can imagine what 3 is like.

Have you played the earlier Fire Emblem games? Blazing Sword and the Tellius games had great world-building (especially the latter).

Also, I felt VC2 was pretty dang "anime" (not in a bad way, although some probably view it as bad), but from what I've seen of VC3, I guess they toned it down a bit.

So if the Avatar is becoming the king of the Invisible Kingdom, its basically a kingdom of no living people, right? Of course, I suppose Hoshidans and Nohrians could migrate to the Invisible Kingdom and thus repopulate it that way.

So why does the IK need a king/queen and an advisor if its an empty kingdom? What is there to watch over? What is there to rule and guard over?

I mean does it have important resources? Strategic location? I mean this is a war game right? This should be explained?

Edited by GamingPandas

So why does an empty kingdom need a king/queen and an advisor...? If there's nothing to rule over? Nothing to guard over?

Like I said, even if there's nothing, it's still would very foolish of them to leave the area without anyone controling it, considering that a dragon that almost destroyed the world came from there, there may nothing there now, but if I were them, I still would have someone controlling the kingdom, just to be sure and avoid any nasty surprise.