Star Ocean Integrity and Faithlessness

Jedi

Announced all the way back at E3 of this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgc2OSZL8e4

I was wondering if we had fellow Star Ocean fans on this board, my major experience with the series is Till the End of Time (3) and the second game. I absolutely loved them both and I regularly go back to play 3 quite often, it has some of my favorite music, and one of my favorite action RPG battle systems.

Fayt and crew were also all pretty cool characters, Claude had his cool set of characters as well. I still need to play 1 and 4 haha.

Edited by Jedi

I've played 3, but that's where my experience with the Franchise ends.

I liked the game, even if the plot got kinda screwy towards the mid-point.

I'm guessing the mixed reception to SO3's plot reveal towards end game, is part of the reason its still the last game on the timeline, according to the video it goes.

4->1->2->5->3

Still an overall excellent game imo, one of my favorite RPGs.

Edited by Jedi

Why didnt I hear anything about this game back in E3? I have only played the first three but I enjoyed all of them and I am still waiting for the Star Ocean 4 HD edition on Steam. So...Intergrity will be the main character, that's an unexpected turn of event. The graphics bear an uncanny resemble to Phantasy Star Online 2.

Edited by Magical CC

Why didnt I hear anything about this game back in E3? I have only played the first three but I enjoyed all of them and I am still waiting for the Star Ocean 4 HD edition on Steam. So...Intergrity will be the main character, that's an unexpected turn of event. The graphics bear an uncanny resemble to Phantasy Star Online 2.

How is the very first game? As I said earlier i've only played 2 and 3.

I'm guessing the PSP remake was pretty much superior to its original version too.

How is the very first game? As I said earlier i've only played 2 and 3.

I'm guessing the PSP remake was pretty much superior to its original version too.

I have only played the snes version but the gameplay was a lot more simple, lacking a lot of features and the grinding took a lot of times. Oh and the map was confusing, I kept getting lost in the wild. There were times when your characters just didnt do what you want them to do, it's slightly annoying in hard battle. Everything else was fine, especially the soundtracks. Characters were great and memorable, just like the second game. It's the opposite of the third game, lacking in gameplay but rich in story and characters.

Am I the only one who think they should change chara-designer ? The design was crap in the two remake, it was crap on the one on 360/PS3, and it's still crap now. Seriously, those faces, the outfits

Oh, and a loli as an apparently main character, original. :p

All in all, I wonder what i will be in the end, though I don't expect much to be honest, I might be wrong, the battles look fun.

Edited by B.Leu

Stuff I want:

- The option for Japanese voices (I was spoiled rotten with SO 4)

- The chick in checkers to have an amazing personality to make up for the lack of fashion taste

- Someone ELSE to change their display name to "Faithlessness" when this releases :P:

I'm glad this exists, though~!

I have only played the snes version but the gameplay was a lot more simple, lacking a lot of features and the grinding took a lot of times. Oh and the map was confusing, I kept getting lost in the wild. There were times when your characters just didnt do what you want them to do, it's slightly annoying in hard battle. Everything else was fine, especially the soundtracks. Characters were great and memorable, just like the second game. It's the opposite of the third game, lacking in gameplay but rich in story and characters.

Oh, alright, I may actually check the SNES version just for ye old time feel. I tend to do that when I see where a series started.

Am I the only one who think they should change chara-designer ? The design was crap in the two remake, it was crap on the one on 360/PS3, and it's still crap now. Seriously, those faces, the outfits

Oh, and a loli as an apparently main character, original. :p

All in all, I wonder what i will be in the end, though I don't expect much to be honest, I might be wrong, the battles look fun.

The designs have always been hit & miss in Star Ocean imo, but I generally liked the ones in 2 & 3, fantasy sci fi can allow for some room of outlandish clothes I think.

Stuff I want:

- The option for Japanese voices (I was spoiled rotten with SO 4)

- The chick in checkers to have an amazing personality to make up for the lack of fashion taste

- Someone ELSE to change their display name to "Faithlessness" when this releases :P:

I'm glad this exists, though~!

I doubt they would nix the Japanese voice option.

If the dub gives her a pseudo Chinese like dialect can I call her Chinese Checkers?

Uuuuuuh, maybe? :P:

I played The Second Story but could never get into it.

Did you play the PS1 or the PSP version?

I mean, maybe the PSP version would appeal more since theres more to it, but I can also see how it would turn people off.

The drawing style of the PSP versions are just plain weird IMHO. I prefered the one on SNES/PS1.

Seriously, those faces are just so creepy clean..

Edited by B.Leu

How many games in the series do you have to play before this one? The game looks interesting, but I'm new to the series, so knowing how high the bar to entry is would be nice.

Probably zero since while all of the games happen in a same universe and sometimes the characters from the other games may make a cameo but that's it. It's like having Colossus in the new Deadpool movie or Wonder Woman in Bat vs Super movie.

The main female character in 4rd looks great.

Probably zero since while all of the games happen in a same universe and sometimes the characters from the other games may make a cameo but that's it. It's like having Colossus in the new Deadpool movie or Wonder Woman in Bat vs Super movie.

The main female character in 4rd looks great.

Thanks for the info. The game looks fun, so I'll look into getting it.

Thanks for the info. The game looks fun, so I'll look into getting it.

Yeah, like my first Star Ocean game was 3, I didn't really need to know the adventures of Claude C Kenny (2) or his father (1) to understand the plot whatsoever.

Even in 2, they just mention stuff that happened in 1, its not like direct in that many ways.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/08/26/star-ocean-integrity-and-faithlessness-will-be-playable-at-tokyo-game-show/

We'll be seeing more in-depth gameplay!

Also while Japan will get the game for both PS3 and PS4, everyone else will have to be content with the PS4 version. Welp.

I was hoping they wouldn't do that/

Edited by Jedi