Endgame Party Randomizer

Keystone

Here's a cute little thing I threw together in RPG Maker. Basically, all you do is select a game from the list and it'll present you with a randomized party that you can challenge yourself to use on your next playthrough of that game. It's a pretty simple program, but I thought it would be fun for anybody looking for a challenge.

As a side note, the dialogue when you select New Mystery of the Emblem may be a bit spoilery, so read at your own risk if you haven't played that one yet.

I chose not to include FE1 and FE3, opting for Shadow Dragon and New Mystery instead. FE2 and FE5 are not on the list since I have not played them yet. FE4 is not included since you pretty much are forced to use everyone in that game anyway.

Anyway, let me know what you all think about this. Hopefully it'll help spice up your next playthrough!

EDIT:

There is also some spoilery dialogue in the Radiant Dawn option as well, so watch out.

Also, you should download the RPG Maker VX Ace Runtime Package before getting this. It can be found here: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

EDIT 8/18/15:

New Version!

- Radiant Dawn party is now the correct number of characters.

- Awakening now included! You can choose whether to include Spotpass characters, children characters (excluding Lucina), both, or neither!

Screenshots:

n0VyUaw.png

IYJ0H2e.png

mUGbrqt.png

Also, for anyone interested, here are the scripts I used for this project, minus the ones I made myself.

FE Randomizer v1.2.zip

Edited by Keystone

I'm liking this a lot, having to use certain units who I've never used before (ex. Leonardo, Brom, Pelleas) is a very nice challenge. :D

EDIT: Also, I don't know if this is intentional, but I ended up with this on one of my rolls:

rjgfdk%20gtr_zps2iwejxog.png

Which gives 16 units instead of the 17 you can bring. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but just a headup if it is.

Edited by Vapo

Had forgotten that Kyza and Lyre existed. Not sure if i'm happy about remembering them.

at least lyre's cute

I like how this was made in RPG Maker, pretty creative.

This is some funky stuff. I like it. I think I might use it on my next PoR playthrough. If my Wii wasn't broken I'd start a playthrough on RD right now using this tool. Also, perhaps include Awakening? I know it's kind of a different story but it limits your options on the harder modes.

I'm liking this a lot, having to use certain units who I've never used before (ex. Leonardo, Brom, Pelleas) is a very nice challenge. :D

EDIT: Also, I don't know if this is intentional, but I ended up with this on one of my rolls:

rjgfdk%20gtr_zps2iwejxog.png

Which gives 16 units instead of the 17 you can bring. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but just a headup if it is.

Good catch. Yes that was a bug. An easy fix, I'll post an updated version tomorrow.

This is some funky stuff. I like it. I think I might use it on my next PoR playthrough. If my Wii wasn't broken I'd start a playthrough on RD right now using this tool. Also, perhaps include Awakening? I know it's kind of a different story but it limits your options on the harder modes.

I chose to omit Awakening mainly because the game pretty much requires you to use compatible pairs of characters throughout the game, otherwise it would be pretty much unwinnable on higher difficulties unless you grind. Another reason is that any character in Awakening can break the game if you abuse the skirmishes / DLC maps, so your playstyle probably won't change much regardless of what random party gets generated. For instance, in FE7, if you roll a party that contains all the mages, you'd have to plan your strategy around using the doors to the side rooms as choke points, blocking them with a defensive / dodge tank like Lyn or Hector while the mages attack from behind and on the sides. In Awakening, regardless of what party you roll, you could always just reclass and grind until you get what you want.

This was my initial thought, though I know that the game can be quite fun if you don't abuse it too much ;) I'll add Awakening in an update. It'll be up tomorrow.

Edited by Keystone