• Hero
    • Bow Knight
    • Fighter
    • Berserker
    • Thief/Outlaw
    • Adventurer
    • Soldier
    • Garou/Managarm
  3. 3. Least Favorite Hoshidan Unit designs?

• Samurai
    • Trueblade
    • Weaponmaster
    • Villager
    • Herb Merchant
    • Great Merchant
    • Ninja
    • Elite Ninja
    • Puppeteer
    • Oni Savage
    • Shura
    • Blacksmith
    • Lance Fighter
    • Holy Lancer/Sentinel
    • Basara
    • Miko/Priestess
    • War Priestess
    • Spellcaster
    • Exorcist
    • BowFighter
    • Holy Bowman
    • Mountain Priest
    • Pegasus Knight
    • Falcoknight
    • Golden Kite Warrior
    • Fox Spirit/NineTailed Fox
  4. 4. Least Favorite Nohrian Unit designs?

• Cavalier
    • Paladin
    • Armor Knight
    • General
    • Great Knight
    • Troubador/Rod Knight
    • Valkyrie/Strategist
    • Maid
    • Wyvern Rider
    • Wyvern Lord
    • Revenant Knight
    • Dark Mage
    • Sorcerer
    • Dark Knight
    • Mercenary
    • Hero
    • Bow Knight
    • Fighter
    • Berserker
    • Thief/Outlaw
    • Adventure
    • Soldier
    • Garou/Managarm

Basically vote for your three favorite and least generic unit portraits for Nohr and Hoshido.

Generic unit pictures are below:

Hoshido Class Portraits

Nohr Class portraits

The shifters are grouped together with their promotions because they look the same aside from color scheme.

I'll add my votes, and reasoning later.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

For favorite Hoshido, I voted Samurai and Falcon Warrior. Love the headband and light armor on Samurai, and those feathers on Falcon Warrior look really nice. Least favorite was Great Merchant. The hat is a little goofy.

For Nohr, favorites are Revenant Knight and Hero. Revenant Knight looks like Death himself is coming to collect, and Hero is awesome. Least favorite is Berserker mostly because I don't get the helmet.

It was really tough to pick. The generics are really nice looking this time around, and my least favorites aren't by much. I tried to limit myself so I wouldn't go crazy with the selections.

Awww, why do people still hate the Zerk outfit? I think it's WAY more awesome than last one's. It's currently one of my most favourite Nohrian designs.

Anywho, my favourite Hoshidan generic designs has to be the Jonin/Elite Ninja.

How am I supposed to to choose a least favorite? They all look fantastic! I just went with Rod Knight because she always looks like she's judging me.

I love Dark Mage, though. Seems like mages in this game draw power from the moonlight dancing upon their bare, chiseled chests

Also, Revenant Knight and Dark Knight are some of the most badass armour designs I have ever seen.

They really put a lot more personality and charm into these than they had to. It really pays off.

Edited by gayserbeam

I picked Ninja, Jounin, and Miko for favorite in Hoshido and Maid, Garou, and Dark Mage for Nohr. I think they all look really cool; Maid especially because she somehow manages to look creepy~

I chose Villager and Berserker as least favorite~ Villager because I miss the Tinhead and Berserker just because I can't tell what he's got going on.

GUH! Look at these! Most have great amazing detail and just look perfect for what they actually are.

Dat beast Rev. Knight! That overkill Great Knight! Dem sexy Adventurers and Junins! That brute of a Beserker! Them dank Wy. Knights! Badass Dark Knights! Dope Mountain Priests! And that F***ING DOLL, BRA!

I love my sexy battle armors and mechs and would never turn down to wear some heavy gear like those (I might just wanna get Birthright just to face against Nohr's sick taste in battle armor) and they all look amazing!

Then I look over to most of the shoddy character designs... :|

If I had to be in the FE universe... I wanna be a generic unit.

Hoshido: I like a lot of them but I think Mountain Priest and Falcoknight takes the win from portraits alone. I love mountain priest's design holy shit

Trueblade and Jonin are als really cool too, though

Nohr: Hero is probably like, my favorite generic overall, I would capture an army of generic heros and make them my army I'm serious

Also liked the Wyvern branch in general. Paladin is nice too.

Hoshido was hard to pick a least favorite since I think most are pretty solid, but I guess I didn't like Weapon Master as much out of personal bias since I was designing a custom Weapon Master for Shinonome and had trouble dealing with the lack of chest armor until I gave up and just added a piece, but I remember my frustrations.

Nohr, easy. Fighter. I like the class but the design is so dumb.

Elite Ninjas just look badass straight up. Shuras have so much flavor and detail, hard not to vote for them. I like the expression, pose, and armor of the War Priestess, just good all around.

Least favorite Hoshido is the Holy Bowman, not feeling the hat here- the hat is the merchant thing and makes the Holy Bowman not very intimidating.

Generals, Great Knights, and Heroes have really cool armor designs, so much better than Awakening armor. Not a big fan of the hat on the Strategist- it's a little too 'pope' for my tastes considering I don't really associate Strategists with religion.

My favorite Hoshido ones are the Miko (so elegant yet intimidating), Samurai, and the Golden-kite Warroir. I don't know why, but that thing the GKW have behind their head makes me love them.

As for Nohr, I love the Dark Knights (that mask and armor... to bad the girls still wear battle-panties), Maid (so creepy yet cute), and the Mercenaries and Heroes, simply because their armor is absolutely fabulous.

For my least favorite Hoshido, I would have to say War Priestess and Great Merchant. The Great Merchant's hat is just silly looking, and the War Priestess is the only generic portrait I actually don't like. It's not that the outfit is bad.... it's just... dat face.

For Nohr, I don't like the Sorcerer and the Rod Knight portraits as much, mostly because their poses and faces combined don't sit well with me (Also after I noticed that the Rod Knight has her cleavage exposed, I got a little uncomfortable).

Overall I love pretty much all the generics (except War Priestess), and they're much better than Awakenings.

Favourite Hoshidans are the Pegasus tree and Fox Spirit. Miko's neat too.

Favourite Nohrians are Maid, Revenant Knight, Adventurer, Dark Mage, and Garou.

Least-favourite Hoshidans are Oni Savage and Blacksmith.

Least-favourite Nohrians are Fighter, Knight, and Soldier.

Probably Trueblades, because when you're about to deal heavy damage to them, they just close their eyes, bite their lips and look like they're wondering how on earth they got into that mess, instead of just looking terrified.

Maids look creepy. I realize that the ones we face probably work directly under Garon - which always cracks me up, I imagine him being all like "RELEASE THE MAIDS!" in times of war - but still, they look soulless. Maybe it's because they're tired of all the otaku...

Weapon Master has to be my favorite Hoshidan design. As much as I like everything about Oni->Shura line, I can't deny the absolutely wonderful smugness of the Weapon Master. He radiates a sort of competence, and confidence that I love.

Adventurer takes favorite Nohr design. He's just so dashing, and dare I say, suave.

It was hard for me to choose a least favorite design for either side. Really none of them are bad. Sure I don't like some as much as others, but I don't dislike any of them either.

Still least favorite Hoshidan design goes to Great Merchant. For some odd reason I'm more okay with maids on a battlefield than merchants. So, it's less that I don't like the design, and more that I just can't get behind the class.

Knight takes least favorite Nohrian design. Seriously IS just get rid of the hood.

Edited by Honey Bunny

It's hard to choose for Hoshido because the designs are good but I have to go with Elite Ninja. The doll is just creepy and awesome. The worse is Holy Bowman. I would have preferred a different hat, even the same as the Bowman's.

For Nohr, best is Revenant Knight. Worse is Fighter's. I know fighters don't have the best defense, but the design's got armor in the wrong places and doesn't like pleasing aesthically either. I also don't like the lancer's hat.

I think the only design that I preferred from Awakening would be pegasus warrior's outfit, but Hoshido's still looks good too.

Edited by Yuina

From Hoshido i like the Shura, Golden Kite Warrior and Fox Spirit and from Nohr i like the Revenant Knight, Hero and Adventurer.

My least favourite are the Great Merchant from Hoshido and the Berserker from Nohr (he looks so dumb lol).

Garou and Fox Spirit are insanely hot, voted for both of them. Also voted for Hero, Revenant Knight, Golden Kite Warrior, and Trueblade.

They all look good, but I find myself thrown by a lot of the headgear, such as Knight and Berzerker (from the Nohr) and Great Merchant and Holy Bowman (from Hoshido). I really like the quilted armor used by Mercenaries, as well as the silly puffy sleeves on Cavalier and Rod Knights and those fluffy Bowman belts.

Dark Mages are still ridiculous. I swear they must spend four hours every morning just on waxing.

My top three for Hoshido are Jounin/Elite Ninja, Kensei/Trueblade, and Kyuusei/Holy Bowman, and my top three in Nohr are Dark Knight, Revenant Knight, and Brave Hero in those orders (I'd have thrown in Berserker, Adventurer, and Sorcerer after Brave Hero but you know, only three votes). The only unfavorite for Hoshido is the Kenjutsushi/Samurai but my least favorite three for Nohr is Bow Knight, Strategist, and Lancer in order of least to most unfavorited.

The Generic Sorcerer design is hands down my favourite whilst the Generic Rod Knight is definitely my least favourite.

The Sorcerers are just so hot. Hnggggggggg....

I mean, throughout the entire game there was not one Dark Mage/Sorcerer/Dark Knight - generic or not - that I didn't find attractive.

The Generic Sorcerer design is hands down my favourite whilst the Generic Rod Knight is definitely my least favourite.

The Sorcerers are just so hot. Hnggggggggg....

I mean, throughout the entire game there was not one Dark Mage/Sorcerer/Dark Knight - generic or not - that I didn't find attractive.

Including Iago? ...that's some interesting taste there, ma'am.

Otherwise I agree. I even captured a generic Dark Mage and tried to make him my main guy because I liked the portrait so much. If only he didn't suck...

I chose Spellcaster and Falcon Warrior for Hoshido! They look so nice, but the Exorcist is my least favorite of the Hoshidan generics. I really hate that ugly hat, not a fan XD.

Paladin, Dark Mage, Mercenary, and Hero and my favorite Nohr generics! Mercenary has that special look to it, and that carries over to Hero. I don't really like the Dark Mage's hat, but I think it's nice overall. My least favorite Nohr generic has to be the maid. I'm so used to seeing Felicia and Flora, with their long flowing hair, that it just erks me to see a maid with short hair. Or maybe it's the pose they're in?