Azura as a spellcaster/dark mage

Silverdawn77

i like azura and i won't deny that dancer units are useful, but i never really liked them much. i liked her in war priestess class for healing and bows to keep her out of most of the danger zone( her hp and defence are too ghastly for me to chance her being a melee unit) but i was wondering if she was good as a spell exorcist for magic/healing or dark mage/sorcerer for just magic. anyone tried this yet?

I don't see why she wouldn't be. She has 25% base MAG growth and no maximum MAG penalty, plus she doesn't suffer from low SKL (hi Nyx) or SPD (hi Orochi). Stat caps seem to point toward Exorcist being preferable over Sorcerer, although Sorcerer has the better MAG growth. Other options would be Basara, so she can keep her Spear rank and use ranged spears alongside tomes, or Dark Knight, which might help bulk her out to be not-as-awfully-fragile.

i feel dumb that i never thought of basara. i think i'll try both on a play through. marry her to a spell castor (the little boy, or more likely nishiki.) and a+ her with a dark mage or vice versa