FE9 Film, Thoughts?

Ephera

Never played RD so that comment was empty and with direct regard to the previous posts referring to him as a "dull cocky vanguard". Apologies for offending Ike, I like him personally. Poor choice of words on my part.

Well, Ike in FE10 is a pretty bland character, with very little development given to him and very little to do outside of moving the plot further. It's really disappointing considering he was a very good character in FE9.

I agree that FE would work better as a series than a standalone movie. Too much stuff goes on in these games to condense in a single film unless they get Peter Jackson so they can turn it into a trilogy of 3-hour movies.

Minority opinion, but I think FE8 would be the best option to adapt to a series. I feel its smaller cast and more focused story would translate to a better product since it would be easier to give every character proper screentime.

Never played RD so that comment was empty and with direct regard to the previous posts referring to him as a "dull cocky vanguard". Apologies for offending Ike, I like him personally. Poor choice of words on my part.

Yeah, I understand, I was just trying to correct you in a civil way. :P

But I do admit that Jave is right, though I wouldn't say RD Ike was bland, just not developed enough. Man, if we got an Ike that was RD Ike's design + PoR Ike's development, I'd love him even more than I already do. RD Ike still had some really funny moments though. XD

Edited by Anacybele

Jave knows what's up! I think I stated earlier that SS would make a good series so I agree with you entirely. Lute and Myrrh <3 <3

I really wish I had RD -_- ya making me want to play it haha

Systemic bigotry is not at all exclusive to the modern West. The Greeks and Romans had claims similar to later racism. As did the Chinese Dynasties. Modern Japan is no stranger to controversy over such either.

Why are you bringing this up then if you agree systemic bigotry exists? Because I believe the person you were responding to basically just brought it up as an example.

Jave knows what's up! I think I stated earlier that SS would make a good series so I agree with you entirely. Lute and Myrrh <3 <3

I really wish I had RD -_- ya making me want to play it haha

You should! It's the best game in the series, imo. Mainly due to the gameplay and story. Part 1 is rather lackluster and its characters are boring for the most part, but after that, the story gets excellent. And the gameplay has features and mechanics not seen in the series before, like ledge climbing, attacking from atop ledges, unique objectives, etc. The skill system is improved from PoR too. The support system is crap, but you can ignore that if you either A) don't like the available paired endings (which is my case with one exception), or B) do supports more for gameplay than the characters. Part 3 is the best part, imo. Not just because it's Ike and his group's part either, the story is the best here, imo. Part 2 would've equaled it, though, imo, if it had been longer...

Unfortunately, RD is hard to get right now since it's expensive these days. But Wii games are downloadable on the Wii U now, so RD should eventually join the list of games you can download!

Oh yeah, I don't think Ike said that he shouldn't lose to Ashera because he hadn't yet lost at all (which isn't actually quite true Ike, come on. What about that one chapter where the player is controlling Micaiah's party vs yours? We had to beat you there, sadly...). I believe he actually said "I haven't lost a battle yet and I don't intend to lose now." There's a difference. :P

Edited by Anacybele

The problem with Ike in RD is that he is that IS left no room to develop him really. By the end of Path of Radiance he's already taken leadership of his company, regained lost allies (Shinon and Gatrie), become a general of an army, avenged his father (to his knowledge at the time) and liberated a country against all odds. Where exactly do you go from there? Literally the only way to top it would be for him to kill a god which he does. Another big thing is that the structure of RD is such that its a bigger picture and there's alot more going on. Path of Radiance is smaller scale but it allowed more focus on the main characters and how they were going to win the war whereas RD is a a continent wide conflict resulting in the apocalypse. Only so much development and focus you can put in there with such a big setting.

There were things IS could've done with him. Ike is now famous, and that gives him new possible issues to deal with. Fame isn't fields of pretty flowers, you know. There's pressure, fans looking for your attention and stuff, etc. And I imagine Ike wouldn't care much for his fame, thus he'd be annoyed with it a lot. But he could learn to deal with it and accept the good things about his fame, and thus grow even stronger as a person. This is how I've been writing him, in fact.

He also still generally hates nobles and all. He could've grown to accept them more too, while still thinking some are idiots. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Again man, y'don't have to take it personally.. haha

Settle down, you're going to be alright <3

Feel free to have your own opinion, I don't really care what you think. I expect the same from you about what I think. End of story.

Now get back on topic, we're talking about games and movies.

Saying ignorant claims and later pulling the "lighten up" card isn't charming.

Why are you bringing this up then if you agree systemic bigotry exists? Because I believe the person you were responding to basically just brought it up as an example.

You can see that the quoted post was having it that whites have been prone to be power-driven with non-whites as more cultured and held down by said whites. I suggest you not do damage control. Edited by Alazen

Yes, and is that not true and has that not applied to the world of the past couple of centuries? Most white people don't even have the same sort of rigid cultural/belief system that the rest of the world does.

Are you one of those people that believes that white privilege isn't a thing either? In fact, a better question is, what is your goal in making these points? Are you trying to defend white people or are you just pedantically picking apart a point that OP brought up? Cause neither of those are charming either, and I doubt any other reasoning you suggest will be either.

Edited by Lord Raven

Saying ignorant claims and later pulling the "lighten up" card isn't charming.

You can see that the quoted post was having it that whites have been prone to be power-driven with non-whites as more cultured and held down by said whites. I suggest you not do damage control.

To be honest, I don't know what you're talking about anymore. And I don't care.

Yes, and is that not true and has that not applied to the world of the past couple of centuries? Most white people don't even have the same sort of rigid cultural/belief system that the rest of the world does.

Are you one of those people that believes that white privilege isn't a thing either? In fact, a better question is, what is your goal in making these points? Are you trying to defend white people or are you just pedantically picking apart a point that OP brought up? Cause neither of those are charming either, and I doubt any other reasoning you suggest probably won't be.

Don't bother, I'm surprised you're bothered to keep track with the guy.

You should! It's the best game in the series, imo. Mainly due to the gameplay and story. Part 1 is rather lackluster and its characters are boring for the most part, but after that, the story gets excellent. And the gameplay has features and mechanics not seen in the series before, like ledge climbing, attacking from atop ledges, unique objectives, etc. The skill system is improved from PoR too. The support system is crap, but you can ignore that if you either A) don't like the available paired endings (which is my case with one exception), or B) do supports more for gameplay than the characters. Part 3 is the best part, imo. Not just because it's Ike and his group's part either, the story is the best here, imo. Part 2 would've equaled it, though, imo, if it had been longer...

Unfortunately, RD is hard to get right now since it's expensive these days. But Wii games are downloadable on the Wii U now, so RD should eventually join the list of games you can download!

That all sounds like such a tease, especially because I don't have WiiU nor do I plan on buying one. Cannot afford to support music production and gaming needs simultaneously, which is a shame. But N64 + Gameboy is enough for me. Along with some Gamecube classics :)

Someday though. Someday, I will play Radiant Dawn.

I've always thought that none of the FE games would really work as a film, but I have also always thought that they could all be fantastic anime-esque series (especially 6, 7, and 8)!

Anime anime<3 But yeah, FE games do have a lot of content for a movie hey. A series would be awesome, and last longer too.

For anyone who doesn't know, there was a two episode anime adaptation of the third game that was planned to be a full series but just never took off. Check it out if you haven't seen it (I think the entire thing is on youtube). It's interesting to see the potential that was there.

That all sounds like such a tease, especially because I don't have WiiU nor do I plan on buying one. Cannot afford to support music production and gaming needs simultaneously, which is a shame. But N64 + Gameboy is enough for me. Along with some Gamecube classics :)

Someday though. Someday, I will play Radiant Dawn.

Sorry, but I doubt you'll ever be able to play RD without a Wii U unless you find an emulator that will run it. Physical copies of the game are really expensive these days.

Anime anime<3 But yeah, FE games do have a lot of content for a movie hey. A series would be awesome, and last longer too.

Yeah, the amount of content is one reason why I think a series would work better. And since they're all pretty much already in an anime-style (and anime is just cool)...I really want this to happen now lol.

For anyone who doesn't know, there was a two episode anime adaptation of the third game that was planned to be a full series but just never took off. Check it out if you haven't seen it (I think the entire thing is on youtube). It's interesting to see the potential that was there.

I actually watched those when I first got into the FE series. I'm kinda glad it never took off just because if it did, I feel like we'd all be calling Marth "Mars" now lol.

Yeah, the amount of content is one reason why I think a series would work better. And since they're all pretty much already in an anime-style (and anime is just cool)...I really want this to happen now lol.

I actually watched those when I first got into the FE series. I'm kinda glad it never took off just because if it did, I feel like we'd all be calling Marth "Mars" now lol.

`Ha, ha. That's a good point. Would I have given up Marth's name for an adaptation? I'm not too sure. If the anime was successful it might have meant a localisation of FE6 (4 and 5 I don't think there was ever much hope of them considering when they were released, even if the anime reached Pokemon levels of fame).

`Ha, ha. That's a good point. Would I have given up Marth's name for an adaptation? I'm not too sure. If the anime was successful it might have meant a localisation of FE6 (4 and 5 I don't think there was ever much hope of them considering when they were released, even if the anime reached Pokemon levels of fame).

I never thought about it resulting in a localization of 6 lol. I've been hoping for 6 to get localized through the Virtual Console for years now (literally). Now part of me wishes it HAD taken off! XD But...Mars...*shudders*