Fire Emblem What If Scenario Thread. Q3 What if Chrom and friends never found Robin?

Sentacotus

A power vacuum is created that leads to a wild scramble for control of the nation, also dragging in power-hungry individuals from the other nations and leading to an earlier continental war. The conflict would mostly revolve around the characters from FE7, and while it might not prevent the baby-making it would push it back several years. This might also give Nergal enough time to re-introduce the dragons, becoming a dracomancer and leading an army of mind-controlled dragons, dracozombies and other assorted morphs against the rest of the world.

A power vacuum is created that leads to a wild scramble for control of the nation, also dragging in power-hungry individuals from the other nations and leading to an earlier continental war.

How? If Zephiel died, then presumably Desmond would still be King of Bern during the time FE6 takes place (since Zephiel was the one who was responsible for Desmond's death in the first place). Besides, even if Desmond did die, surely Guinevere would have been crowned queen upon his death (I know she's Desmond's illegitimate daughter, but Desmond could still have named her as his successor)?

This might also give Nergal enough time to re-introduce the dragons, becoming a dracomancer and leading an army of mind-controlled dragons, dracozombies and other assorted morphs against the rest of the world.

Nergal would probably be dead at this point, since the rest of FE7 presumably still happens.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

If Zephiel died, the queen might not have told the party where the Shrine of Seals was. So Athos would have to TP in and tell them.

If Nino does the deed, and Jaffar spares her, maybe Sonia would be OK with her and raise her to be Nergal's 20/20 Bolting bodyguard, perched in some keep farr away.

Or maybe Jaffar kills her afterwards and reports back for duty as usual.

Also none of FE6 ever happens and the rest of Elibe lives happily ever after.

That actually raises a couple of interesting points. However, I think Sonia would have had Nino killed either by her hand or someone elses. Which leads me to believe that they would either be on the run or join up with Eliwood and Co as they do in the main game. If Jaffar presumably killed her then I really don't know what would happen from then on. With her body there it would make her the scapegoat for Zephiel's murder further complicating things. Although I do think the event of FE6 would have still happened but perhaps even sooner with the Prince killed giving Desmond an excuse to point fingers and go to war. Which then leaves the question as to Nergal's involvement since that was his goal in the begining to collect quintessence from a continent wide war which would make him that much stronger. Perhaps even too strong for Eliwood and even Athos to stop him.

That actually raises a couple of interesting points. However, I think Sonia would have had Nino killed either by her hand or someone elses. Which leads me to believe that they would either be on the run or join up with Eliwood and Co as they do in the main game. If Jaffar presumably killed her then I really don't know what would happen from then on. With her body there it would make her the scapegoat for Zephiel's murder further complicating things. Although I do think the event of FE6 would have still happened but perhaps even sooner with the Prince killed giving Desmond an excuse to point fingers and go to war. Which then leaves the question as to Nergal's involvement since that was his goal in the begining to collect quintessence from a continent wide war which would make him that much stronger. Perhaps even too strong for Eliwood and even Athos to stop him.

Desmond hated Zephiel though, chances all blame would fall on him and everyone would see through it if he tried to talk his way out. Also, Idoun wouldn't have been resurrected, which cancels quite a bit of 6.

Yahn and Idoun would still exist even without Zephiel. They'd just be sealed, probably moving that part of the plot to some future date when the seal either fades or is broken by someone else.

Desmond hated Zephiel though, chances all blame would fall on him and everyone would see through it if he tried to talk his way out. Also, Idoun wouldn't have been resurrected, which cancels quite a bit of 6.

Franz Joseph hated Franz Ferdinand and it didn't prevent WWI. The question is of course who will get the blame? Presumably it would be an easy target, but it is questionable if Etruria would not react. It would be interesting to see how this war would go, considering the strength of both sides.

Even if Nino and Jaffar get away I could see Desmond blaming anyone and using it as an excuse to go after whoever he wanted. Worst case would be that they would find out about Eliwood and his crew's exploits undercover in Bern and then go after Lycia.

Then lets say they don't or that either one of them is killed then I don't know who they would go after first since neither of them has any affiliation or anything saying that they are affiliated with anyone.

Edited by LordTaco42

Q3: What if Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa never found Robin in the begining of Awakening?

New question. While he's techically an avatar we will use Robin for the sake of argument. So if he was never found by Chrom and friends in the begining of Awakening how would this change things? Would he be hunted down by the grimleal and forced to bring back Grima? Or would none of this ever happen since he would never have gone to Plegia and put himself in that position?

Q3: What if Chrom, Frederick, and Lissa never found Robin in the begining of Awakening?

New question. While he's techically an avatar we will use Robin for the sake of argument. So if he was never found by Chrom and friends in the begining of Awakening how would this change things? Would he be hunted down by the grimleal and forced to bring back Grima? Or would none of this ever happen since he would never have gone to Plegia and put himself in that position?

Since Robin is Grima who went back in time, then surely the original timeline where Grima takes over the world with zombies happens.