NOE may be doing a single physical release for this game

The DanMan

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/08/fire_emblem_fates_looks_set_to_be_a_single_release_in_the_west_according_to_amazon

So... yeah.

Fire Emblem Fates Notice

"Please note that this game is the only version being released in this market segment. You will be able to choose which path you would like to follow within the game."

Unless Amazon UK is just screwing around, but highly unlikely.

(The article is misleading, whether intentional or not; dual releases were already confirmed for NA)

Edited by The DanMan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't be the first time amazon messed up so, while the notice is odd if it's a mistake, I'm going to wait for confirmation. I do hope it's true though, even if we don't get a discount as the article implies I just much prefer physical copies over digital ones.

Well, this is strange. I am of course aware that previous to release, Amazon product information is not a good indicator for anything since it's likely a placeholder. But if they are literally writing a line like this... I really don't see how this could happen accidentally, considering it only makes sense when we are talking about this very specific product.

Edited by BrightBow

Oh please God let this be true.I am getting the Special Edition any ways, but it would be nice if they just released one version rather then two.

If this is true, it better happen for both the NA and EU releases... does anyone know if this line was ever there before or if this line just appeared? Because if it just appeared recently, that would be a little suspicious.

It may just be akin to the digital release and permanently lock you into whichever path you pick, given the wording.

Also I'm pretty sure that it was already confirmed that NoA's doing two versions; why else would the Treehouse have localised the titles Birthright and Conquest

the article is very misleading with its usage of the term "the west"

It may just be akin to the digital release and permanently lock you into whichever path you pick, given the wording.

Also I'm pretty sure that it was already confirmed that NoA's doing two versions; why else would the Treehouse have localised the titles Birthright and Conquest

I saw that; note how I said "NOE" in the thread title. Might as well edit the OP.

EDIT: And if you're wondering, I'm "CrazedCavalier" in the comments.

Edited by The DanMan

That though occurred to me too. But if that's the case, I would say it sounds easier to just release both versions instead of facing the publicity damage that would inevitably be caused by on-disc-dlc of such epic proportions.

Edited by BrightBow

As others have said, this may not be all it's made out to be; both paths could already be on-cart and choosing one locks you out of the other.

Edited by The DanMan

I'm going to take the skeptical route and say I'll believe it when I see it, Amazon pre-order listings do change and this could be an example where they're not updating the page until they know what the deal is with the game. Plus, we don't know how the single cartridge game would be handled in this case as it could be on-disc DLC as suggested.

Edited by Medeus

Ooo thanks for sharing.I am quite happy with this info.TBH as long as we get one cartage I will be fine.I honestly don't care if it is like the digital version I don't care, aslong as I save money.

Although we don't know for certain if Europe will get 1 game yet, this is very interesting. It's strange that they would do that for Europe and not the US, and I don't really see the reasoning behind it, but whatever. It's good for them if this is the case, I just find it strange. I'll be waiting for more information nonetheless.

Although we don't know for certain if Europe will get 1 game yet, this is very interesting. It's strange that they would do that for Europe and not the US, and I don't really see the reasoning behind it, but whatever. It's good for them if this is the case, I just find it strange. I'll be waiting for more information nonetheless.

The different regional divisions of Nintendo manage everything pertaining to a games' release in that region.