NOE may be doing a single physical release for this game

The DanMan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they're really doing this, it'll be at around 1.5x regular price like if you bought the second story as DLC in America or Japan. They're not going to sell Hoshido and Nohr together for the price of a single normal game. I don't see any way for this to turn out any better of a deal than the other regions.

If they're really doing this, it'll be at around 1.5x regular price like if you bought the second story as DLC in America or Japan. They're not going to sell Hoshido and Nohr together for the price of a single normal game. I don't see any way for this to turn out any better of a deal than the other regions.

Even if it is a 60$ game on Europe for having two versions on the cartridge it'd be a better deal than two versions because we still don't know if we're getting a discount for buying one version digitally.

Even if it is a 60$ game on Europe for having two versions on the cartridge it'd be a better deal than two versions because we still don't know if we're getting a discount for buying one version digitally.

It would only be a better deal than two versions if you don't get the discount. Given that there is as of yet no reason to believe any region would lack the discount, it doesn't strike me as an especially pertinent concern.

Two versions on a $60 cartridge is inherently worse than one version on a $40 cartridge and the other version as $20 DLC because all it does is take away the option to start out just paying $40 for one route; you're forced into buying them in a way that in the Japanese model is just one of several options.

It would only be a better deal than two versions if you don't get the discount. Given that there is as of yet no reason to believe any region would lack the discount, it doesn't strike me as an especially pertinent concern.

Two versions on a $60 cartridge is inherently worse than one version on a $40 cartridge and the other version as $20 DLC because all it does is take away the option to start out just paying $40 for one route; you're forced into buying them in a way that in the Japanese model is just one of several options.

I'm pretty sure you don't get a discount if you buy a physical version of either version.

I'm pretty sure you don't get a discount if you buy a physical version of either version.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/miscellaneous/downloadable-content/

No mention of the discounted second route DLC being restricted to having a digital base game. As far as I can tell you can spend $60 to get one physical version and two routes, the same as this should offer.

Guess Europe is the lucky one for once.

To be fair, the video game industry is always making things hard for them.

Remember how Europe got better Club Nintendo prizes around it's death? Or more game options as part of that Mario Kart 8 promotion? Or what about getting FE7 on the Wii U virtual console way before America did? Oh, and now there's also Yoshi's Woolly World, which came out in June in Europe but isn't coming to the US until freaking October.

NoA needs to step up its game.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/miscellaneous/downloadable-content/

No mention of the discounted second route DLC being restricted to having a digital base game. As far as I can tell you can spend $60 to get one physical version and two routes, the same as this should offer.

I highly doubt the game will be 60$ in Europe, also I don't see any reason why Noa isn't doing the same one version release like Noe because Awakening sold really well in both Europe and America.

I highly doubt the game will be 60$ in Europe, also I don't see any reason why Noa isn't doing the same one version release like Noe because Awakening sold really well in both Europe and America.

Fates has shown that it has earned the $60 price that the Hoshido and Nohr routes cost together in Japan. I see no reason why any other region would sell it for any less.

That though occurred to me too. But if that's the case, I would say it sounds easier to just release both versions instead of facing the publicity damage that would inevitably be caused by on-disc-dlc of such epic proportions.

As if the Japanese version didn't already include what's basically on-cart paid DLC in form of the amiibo unlockables? Putting in-game content behind a doomed toyline, that's a desperate move to try to turn around said toyline's fortunes but bound to backfire spectacularly...

Edited by shiningpikablu252

Does this leak of info mean EU is getting this game much earlier than NA?

All of the English material so far was translated and released by NoA, so it is likely the other way around. I can see NA getting the game much earlier.

Edited by gayserbeam

Why wouldn't it be? I recall Awakening was £35 here in the UK which was $53 at the time. If you want a good comparison from my bank statements buying the digital Japanese version(~£20) picking Nohr followed by with Hoshido as DLC(£10.44) cost me like £31.

Europe always ends up with the highest prices overall so perhaps they might sell it for £40($61) with both included if this rumour is correct. You'll almost certainly get both versions(buying the other as DLC) for less in the US even if they sell each version separately.

Edited by arvilino

Why wouldn't it be? I recall Awakening was £35 here in the UK which was $53 at the time. If you want a good comparison from my bank statements buying the digital Japanese version(~£20) picking Nohr followed by with Hoshido as DLC(£10.44) cost me like £31.

Europe always ends up with the highest prices overall so perhaps they might sell it for £40($61) with both included if this rumour is correct. You'll almost certainly get both versions(buying the other as DLC) for less in the US even if they sell each version separately.

Did we suddenly forget about Australia

100 buckaroos for a console game over there IIRC, not sure about 3DS games

Yeah, but 100 Australian dollars roughly amounts to a bit less than the price for a console game in Europe, or at least in France.

have 3DS games ever sold 1.5x the norm price? like most 3DS games come out in NA at $40. thus it'd be very weird for a $60 game for a Handheld especially with home consoe Wii U standard $60

if £35 is the norm price, I can't see them charging anything less than £50 for both versions. I can't imagine them doing such a drastically better deal than Japan either.

your example of FE:if isn't a good example though since the economy is different in Japan. while I'm hardly that knowledgeable on the subject, UK prices are probably just higher in general even with other goods, so in context of UK's economy, "$53" worth game there has the same relative value to other goods in UK, just like $40 in NA would be, even if when UK game price is more expensive if compared to NA game price

Edited by GoXDS

£30-35 is the normal price for newly released games in general in the UK, yes, I can confirm this. If you buy it off Amazon, its usually the lower end of the scale, whilst GAME rip you off with like £40 (they seem to expect you to trade in and think their points card is a fabulous deal~ No it isn't guys I got a £5 voucher for buying a PS3 X_X ).

At least its better than the days of the N64. N64 carts were £60 ($92) new in the UK. Seriously.

I also never fully understood why NoE can't just distribute English versions as soon as they're available to NoA. We always have to wait for other languages we'll never use, lol.

I for one will be very happy if this rumour turns out to be true; even if £40 is the standard price. I will happily purchase it along with an eshop card for Touma.

Edited by eharper256

Agreed. It feels kind of dubious tbh.

Just everyone please don't get your hopes up for getting a game and a half for less than the price of a game and a half, alright? Hoshido+Nohr is a game and a half, it's priced as a game and a half in Japan, don't bet on getting it for anything less than what it's worth.

Just everyone please don't get your hopes up for getting a game and a half for less than the price of a game and a half, alright? Hoshido+Nohr is a game and a half, it's priced as a game and a half in Japan, don't bet on getting it for anything less than what it's worth.

Dont worry. Ive been resolved that i will be likely dropping at least 60 clams on this bad dog when it drops in the US. Plus the extra Third Path DLC and the other DLC. Its also the only game i plan on investing in next year.

Raw numbers aren't everything, but if Awakening DLC was any indication:

http://www.fireemblemwiki.org/wiki/Smash_Brethren_1#Chapter_data

...New Zealand has pretty much the rest of the anglosphere beat when it comes to raw numbers. (Given that the North American website only lists the price in American dollars, the European website only lists in euros and pounds, and the Australian website only lists in Aussie dollars and Kiwi dollars, it's no surprise info is scarce on prices in other currencies--Mexican pesos or Swiss francs, for instance...)