Fire Emblem if midnight sun kingdom Comic Anthology

I know nothing about art, and I cannot stress that enough but...doesn't Takumi look odd? Doesn't the art style itself look...strange?

The manga might be getting done by a different artist.It is quite common for that to happen actually when translating anime/games into manga and vice versa.

The manga might be getting done by a different artist.It is quite common for that to happen actually when translating anime/games into manga and vice versa.

Well, THAT I actually knew but...don't the characters look off to you? It looks like a cheap imitation to me, but like I said earlier, I know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing.

#Hoshido bias confirmed

Now I'm no art critic or anything but stylistically, it looks kind of suckish. Especially Kamui. Just... what?

Edited by The DanMan

Well, THAT I actually knew but...don't the characters look off to you? It looks like a cheap imitation to me, but like I said earlier, I know absolutely nothing about this sort of thing.

Yeah I do agree.The art looks weird.Like Kamui is just, bleh, Hinoka looks high af, Sakura is every moe character ever that is trying not to be moe, Takumi looks like his possessed version, Ryouma looks somewhat normal and Aqua well you can't really see what Aqua looks like completely but she does like fine but not amazing.

For a second I was like ''What is this, did I sudenly open the fan projects forum? Was Midnight Sun really this big?'' lol.

What even is suposed to be going on that cover though?

At least these things feature different artists so not everything is going to be on that vein at least.

Art is a little odd but judging from the name I'm guessing this is the same thing as Awakening's Comic Anthology which is a collection of gag comics from different artists.

I'm a 100% certain there will be a Nohr edition in the future.

edit: Actually, looking at it again, the art looks fine. It's just the eyes that are making them look weird

Edited by SilverPants

I tried to, uh, 'fix' it (for lack of a better term and the fact that it'd probably be like imposing that my edit is better)

Note: As for Kamui, I don't know shit, I may or may not have further fucked him up depending on whether all I did was interpret a wierd angle, perspective or other art thingy as "it's just so off" though

No more menacing glares~

DwOwdMb.png

I think a lot of the problems with the faces are the eyes are drawn at 1) odd angles and 2) not properly lined up with the face so they look skewed as fuck and 3) not properly accounting for perspective. Ryouma's face is the best drawn because he's at an angle which requires the least accounting for perspective. The shape of takumi's skull is also weird as fuck, and his hair is going up at too much of an incline. Hinoka's anatomy feels off, as well.

If anyone's having trouble pinpointing the issues, here are some.

gave a try at editing it too, but tbh some parts are too far gone to fix sighs

mostly just fixed kamui's face and takumi's chin lol

I left Ryouma and Aqua alone though ~

edit.png