(SPOILERS) Ending of Invisible Kingdom

RedMage

This is about IK's ending, so be warned, there are spoilers.

But I'll spoiler tag anyway.

Was just browsing FE fanfics when I saw this tumblr post with this translated text about Kamui's ending in IK:

Kamui seals themselves in the Invisible Kingdom after the events of the plot:

MEID_その後_Normal_プレイヤー男_透魔: 戦後、透魔王として国を治める。\n無限渓谷の底は閉じられ、かつての\n透魔の地はハイドラの亡骸と共に\n永久に封印されることとなった。\n透魔、暗夜、白夜は固い絆で結ばれ、\n平和な夜明けの時代は永く続いた。

After the war, he ruled the country as the Phantom King. He closed the bottom of the Infinite Ravine, becoming sealed for eternity within the land that was once the Invisible Kingdom alongside Hydra’s remains. The Invisible Kingdom, Nohr, and Hoshido were tied together with firm bonds, and continued into an lengthy era that saw the dawning of peace.

Link source: here

My comments about it:

I think I'm overthinking this, but I find this kinda... pointless.

If IK is sealed, then how the heck does Kamui rebuild the kingdom? Isn't that the whole point of Kamui taking over the crown, to rebuild IK? I mean, there are only a few people alive there (I think, not sure), and it's mostly filled with undead/possessed soldiers. If other countries don't have access to it, then how do you repopulate it? I was thinking that people from Nohr or Hoshido would migrate there, but if it's sealed, then that's not possible. Kamui is basically a ruler of a utterly dead country. And if you ask me, a ruler of a country with no people is not really a ruler at all. I think I remember his epilogue also including how his reign was a great era of peace. Like, what did he do to achieve this era if there's practically no people and no foreign relations.

Azura/Aqua also stays with Kamui no matter who she's paired up with. That means they both don't see their siblings again after IK is sealed, which is kinda depressing. Which also means that if their spouses stay with them, they won't be able to see their families/friends/places in other countries. Also depressing.

And what's with the firm bonds between all three countries? If IK is sealed, that means they don't interact afterwards... ever. Maybe they're referring to Kamui's sibling relationship with the others or the combined efforts in defeating Hydra. Idk.

And why seal the chasm in the first place? Hydra's dead, so did they seal it just so that Hydra's corpse won't reanimate or something. What. I don't get it.

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding this. I'm not fluent in Japanese, so I don't know much about the epilogues, just going off of some translations I read.

Edited by Yuina

And why seal the chasm in the first place? Hydra's dead, so did they seal it just so that Hydra's corpse won't reanimate or something. What. I don't get it.

This is a very common re-occuring event in many stories in general; Nothing stays truely dead. If someone or itself can bring it back to life trust me they will.

Edited by iZallen

Well, he's there translation from https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2015/06/22/fire-emblem-fates-importers-source-characters-ongoing/

Epilogue: (Normal – Touma): After the war, they oversaw the Kingdom of Touma as its Ruler. The bottom of the Infinite Chasm had shut, sealing away Hydra’s corpse in the original Touma country for eternity. Touma, Nohr, and Hoshido formed strong bonds which lead to an era of long lasting peace.

To be honest, even if the land is empty, it would be a dumb move to leave it leaderless, considering the things the IK houses, it really is best to have someone controlling it. Like it was said before, some villains have the nasty habit of not staying dead.

After the war, he ruled the country as the Phantom King. He closed the bottom of the Infinite Ravine, becoming sealed for eternity within the land that was once the Invisible Kingdom alongside Hydra’s remains. The Invisible Kingdom, Nohr, and Hoshido were tied together with firm bonds, and continued into an lengthy era that saw the dawning of peace.

1. Sealed for eternity WITHIN THE LAND that was once the Invisible Kingdom. Its not the Invisible Kingdom that is sealed, but the Infinite Ravine which is sealed. The Infinite Ravine is located within the Invisible Kingdom.

2. Tied together with long lasting peace. You can't tie together (trade, migration, helping each other rebuild, repopulating) if the Invisible Kingdom cannot be accessed due to said seal lol.