is this code stable? (amongst other general questions)

Moz

ok, I'v pretty much finished the prologue chapter of my hack, complete with house and all :)

now I occasionally run into a few issues.

1. during the starting cutscene sometimes if I mash start and try to skip it my character starts at a place they move to as part of the opening cutscene, instead of their intended starting position, I don't know if i can reproduce this consistently.

2.how do I change the change the chapter goals in text, since I have already changed it gameplay wise.

3.finally, I havn't found any resources to help with difficulty / gameplay balance, would seeking playtesters be a suitable means to assure the game is of acceptable difficulty? since personally as the person who made the chapter I have a very accurate view of how it goes, having tested it many times while testing things like unit placement etc. there's also the issue of character base stats / growths that I'm unsure if I have gone overboard with

tl;dr for Q3, how do I tell if I have balanced the game correctly

4. how do I move onto the next chapter?

5. I tried to follow Blazer's ultimate tutorial on custom spell animations but the inserter wouldn't load and gave an error, his explanation of "you did something wrong" didn't help, I retried it like 6 times with no success, any tips?

6. can I somehow change the names of classes that appear for nightmare etc, since it just bugs me that I have a class named something it's not.

here's my event code, if anyone wants to playtest for me just drop me a PM, thanks in advance!

Prologue.txt

Edited by Moz

1. Not sure, haven't run into this problem myself.

2. Use FEditor to edit text. You can find which text slots to change via the Chapter Data Editor Nightmare module.

3. Alpha/Beta testers are usually the best way to go. Try to pick people that match the difficulty level you're going for. If it's general difficulty, pick people with varying degrees of proficiency at FE.

4. MoveToChapter(ChapterIDHere)

5. Not familiar with spell insertion, so I can't help here, unfortunately.

6. Change the text files the class editor uses. Specifically, FE7 Class Editor.txt and Class List.txt.

I took a quick look at your events. Since you're using the EA standard library, I encourage you to use macros for character and items, rather than bytes. It makes it a lot more readable (i.e. use 'IronAxe' instead of 0x1F and what not).

thanks primefusion, that helped greatly, I'm also a big fan of your mapping, reading your guide and using your maps for inspiration is how i'v managed to make the few maps I have :Sain: