Supports: What I want to see in future games

Flying Shogi

I was playing Awakening and I was thinking, wouldn't it good for the in-laws to support? My Cynthia!Morgan is married to Chrom!Inigo and I thought it'd be interesting for an Olivia x Morgan and a

Avatar x Inigo that's not the one we have now. I like hearing about the kids' past from the parents. I want to see the "I dislike the other in law" aspect of the family dynamic as well.

Edited by Magician Lugh

WOAJ YOU DID THE SAME EXACT THING AS ME!

But yeah, but I wish your units can support with ANYONE in the army.

:newyears: Who was Cynthia's father? Mine was Henry.

I do too but that's a lot of writing.

I don't really care so long as they're quality.

It'd be interesting I guess.

Fair enough. I'm not creative so I'd imagine it's hard to come up with good ones, especially if they need to 3 conversations.

:newyears: Who was Cynthia's father? Mine was Henry.

I do too but that's a lot of writing.

Fair enough. I'm not creative so I'd imagine it's hard to come up with good ones, especially if they need to 3 conversations.

It didn't prevent IS from making unique conversations for every possible parent pair for the children in Future Past and that was DLC.

It didn't prevent IS from making unique conversations for every possible parent pair for the children in Future Past and that was DLC.

If you mean they took into account for all of the parents, it's most likely if statements in the code and whichever matched, they loaded that parent's portrait and his/her dialogue. Even then, I bet the information is already there since S supports log the relationships in the family.so it's a simple check. I don't know what happens to the stats and dialogue if one of the parents died after you've recruited their child.

But that's DLC though. While the FP pack was good, it wasn't in the base game. Not everyone gets DLC, let alone the ones from that pack. It's a weak argument but eh. Plus, I don't know if they can just add in game supports from DLC. That'd be cool though if they could.

Edited by Magician Lugh

I'd actually rather they toned down the number of supports in future games. The sheer quantity of the supports was probably one of the major reasons Awakening's writing was so poor overall. They had a ton of work to do and couldn't make everything of top quality.