FE11 H5 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

That was actually a very impressive clear! Castor's the real MVP.

How many times has Jeigan eaten a crit on practice runs? It's one of the most infuriating parts about H5 earlygame. Why couldn't they have given him like, 4 luck or something.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many times has Jeigan eaten a crit on practice runs? It's one of the most infuriating parts about H5 earlygame. Why couldn't they have given him like, 4 luck or something.

not a whole lot, actually. him having 1 luk is what makes, for example, the cavaliers target him instead of ogma or marth, i think. jagen is an enemy magnet and i'm 99% sure it wouldn't be that way if he had more luk.

Goddammit, I wish I thought of using that diversionary Caeda tactic. I feel like an idiot now :P:

Seriously though excellent work. Btw, some of the pirates in Chapter 9 still have 8 Spd (though that's very rare). I know because I had an Ogma who was still sitting at his base speed and was surprised when he could double one of them with an Iron Sword, because in the previous chapters, he couldn't double shit except armors.

yeah chapter 9 pirates still only have 15 HM bonus levels and their displayed levels are only 2 or 4 higher than chapter 2 pirates. pirate has a 15% spd growth, and chapter 2 pirates average +2.25 spd, so chapter 9 pirates average +2.55 or +2.85 spd (which means they can still have 8 spd).

Chapter 3 is completed in 6 turns.

New characters

YdsEJWP.png

Thieves in FE11 unlock doors and chests for free. The utility of this is not to be understated, considering that Door Keys cost 500G each when available and only the limited Master Keys can open chests (Marth can, too, but he’s never going to go near a chest).

DNlKtq2.png

If Caeda’s forged Wing Spear is one of two centralizing features of FE11, then Lena’s Warp is the other. Warp is not locked to Lena, but she’s the first unit who joins with the ability to use the staff at base. FE11 is generous with its Warp availability, spacing throughout the game 3 separate staves with 7 uses each (there is a 4th in a gaiden chapter). Lena is also the sole user of the Hammerne staff obtained in chapter 20, which ensures that Warp will remain plentiful for the remainder of the game.

fvuINOy.png

Personal bases: 3 HP | 2 str | 0 mag | 0 skl | 0 spd | 8 luk | 2 def | 0 res | swords 75

Navarre is a worse Ogma, but unlike his rival, Navarre has access to cavalier, which also makes him strictly superior to Cain (and paradoxically, better than Ogma). Navarre tends to care less about getting doubled by weak enemies because he has existent personal bases in HP and def.

Mechanics notes

Weapon EXP and weapon ranks

Back in the days of FE1 and FE3, weapon ranks didn’t exist; instead there was a parameter called weapon level (wlv) that determined what weapons a character can use. The wlv stat applied for all weapon types that a unit could use.

g04YyEU.png

Caeda’s stats from FE1. 7 wlv allows her to wield the Silver Lance at base.

Screenshot shamelessly stolen from Hattusili of Serenes Forest.

It wasn’t until FE5 that growable weapon ranks became a thing, and FE11 preserves this contemporary mechanic, although it works slightly differently from previous games in the series. A unit gains 2 WEXP in a particular weapon type for attacking in a round of combat. The unit gains WEXP regardless of a hit or miss. Unlike in some previous games, extra WEXP is not granted for double attacking or dealing a lethal blow.

Weapon rank is the stratified manifestation of weapon EXP. A unit requires:

• 30 WEXP for E > D rank,
  • 45 WEXP for D > C rank,
  • 60 WEXP for C > B rank, and
  • 60 WEXP for B > A rank.
Because 1 round of combat is congruent to 2 WEXP, the number of rounds of combat required to progress to the next weapon rank is simply the amount of WEXP required divided by 2.

There is a second way to build weapon rank, and that is to use a stat booster called the Arms Scroll. An Arms Scroll elevates a unit’s weapon rank in his equipped weapon to the next highest weapon rank. There is only 1 Arms Scroll obtainable in the game before the chapter 24 secret shop, and we skip it.

A unit’s personal gained WEXP is added to a class’s base WEXP and recalculated every time that unit reclasses. Unpromoted units have a base E rank in all weapon types that they can wield. Promoted units have a D rank and an E rank if they use 2 weapon types or a C rank if they use 1 weapon type (except for berserker, which has only D rank axes).

VtAvMjw.pngublZyMW.png

Dracoknight (left) has base D rank lances and E rank axes whereas swordmaster (right) has base C rank swords.

In this game, all physical effective weapons (that are not bows) are C rank, which means that a unit can potentially be viable just by virtue of having a C rank. Conversely, physical E rank weaponry consists exclusively of iron weapons, so being stuck with E ranks effectively consigns a unit to uselessness.

This boss's name is Hyman, he's very tough to penetrate...

ohhhhhhh

Great stuff! I watched the FE6 0% growths playthrough after it was finished and really liked it, and this is just as good. It's a lot easier for laymen like me to understand what's going on and why certain moves are being made with the commentary, and it feels crisper and livelier this time around (though still laid-back and informative, which is the way I prefer it in a playthrough like this).

Edited by TheCosmicDude

Ha

penetrate that Hyman

Query; I noticed that the Hunter attacked Javelin!Jeigan, rather than Marth (who was also in range). Why was that? If it's because the enemyAI priorities accuracy over getting counter-attacked, then that makes sense since marth's +2 avo makes a world of difference i'm sure when it's already 94% hit

Edited by Elieson

Query; I noticed that the Hunter attacked Javelin!Jeigan, rather than Marth (who was also in range). Why was that? If it's because the enemyAI priorities accuracy over getting counter-attacked, then that makes sense since marth's +2 avo makes a world of difference i'm sure when it's already 94% hit

no, the hit wouldn't make a difference because jagen has 2 more def. i'm 99% sure it has to do with the fact that jagen has 1 luk and marth has 7 luk.

enemies love attacking jagen in this game because of his shitty luk. it's a curse and a blessing.