FE11 H5 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caeda is a much better investment, so I'd be very surprised if he ended up promoting anyone else (not to mention what a pain recruiting Jake in the next chapter is with an unpromoted Caeda).

Wow, just wow. Been looking forward to see this chapter and you didn't disappoint me one bit. Greatly played, never thought about finishing this chapter that way. Exactly how many lance uses would Minerva need to reach C rank?

Also, next chapter will be a "rescue" mission to get Linde, then quickly recruit Jake, kill the boss and warp Marth?

Edited by SSJDennis

Wow, just wow. Been looking forward to see this chapter and you didn't disappoint me one bit. Greatly played, never thought about finishing this chapter that way. Exactly how many lance uses would Minerva need to reach C rank?

Also, next chapter will be a "rescue" mission to get Linde, then quickly recruit Jake, kill the boss and warp Marth?

D > C is 45 WEXP or 23 rounds of combat. it's not so hard if you join in chapter 1; it's basically impossible if you join in chapter 10.

you will have to wait and see for the next chapter.

I was going to say the Chapter 12 Arms Scroll wouldn't be bad at all for Minerva but I'm pretty sure that map is going to be a 1 turn, as Wrys should be at C by then and you get another Warp staff. That should allow for Lena to Warp Marth, Wrys to Warp Caeda, then the Warp from the Thief near the starting positon is tradechained to Wendell so he can warp Julian to the bottom Boots Chest. So I guess that's a wash.

Or maybe he overloads the unit that kills the Thief so it goes to the convoy to let Wendell pull the Warp out of Marth's convoy instead.

Edited by Irysa

He shouldn't need it, the damage against Michalis (or whatever low res stuff) that Boah would need from A tomes can also come from thunderbolt or similar.

Edited by Gradivus.

Wouldn't the Arms Scroll work equally well on Wendell if Boah needs it to Excalibur something anyway? Since Sage!Wendell at A rank would be equivilant to Boah at B because the difference is only 1 Mag.

EDIT: I thought Boah had C Tomes, whoops.

Edited by Irysa

Your stategies seem to be more luck related then I thought >_>

I am trying to mimic your Ch1 strategy for like 48 hours straight... But it never seems to connect. Even when I get some lucky crits, it still isn't enough to do the job...

I guess I just need to hope for a crit on the boss with Jagen :( Any tips I could use? Thus far the RNG isn't liking me much.

I am trying to mimic your Ch1 strategy for like 48 hours straight... But it never seems to connect. Even when I get some lucky crits, it still isn't enough to do the job...

I guess I just need to hope for a crit on the boss with Jagen :( Any tips I could use? Thus far the RNG isn't liking me much.

Wow you have some dedication!

This run has been really interesting to watch and it's cool seeing how you use units given there is no rescue function.

H5 chapter 1 is really really stupid, there's no way to do it fast that isn't luck based

the rest of the chapters dondon's done have been significantly more reliable and probably could be done in one run (barring someone missing an 80something or something like that)

if you keep on retrying from the same savestate and using the same sequence of actions, it's never going to work.

basically you need a favorable RNG seed in order for chapter 1 to work. i had a fixed date and time for the seed that i used to record the video, which is why i had the psychic ability to burn RNs with draug missing the pirate before jagen got the bosskill. but really that's because i knew that if jagen attacked instead of draug, jagen would miss and die. that's basically the most RNG manipulation that's possible in this game without looking at the RAM and visiting houses over and over again to burn RNs.

the hit rates aren't terrible aside from the boss, but with so many 84 hits that jagen has to get, it's not unlikely that he'll miss one of them.

Edited by dondon151

if you keep on retrying from the same savestate and using the same sequence of actions, it's never going to work.

basically you need a favorable RNG seed in order for chapter 1 to work. i had a fixed date and time for the seed that i used to record the video, which is why i had the psychic ability to burn RNs with draug missing the pirate before jagen got the bosskill. but really that's because i knew that if jagen attacked instead of draug, jagen would miss and die. that's basically the most RNG manipulation that's possible in this game without looking at the RAM and visiting houses over and over again to burn RNs.

the hit rates aren't terrible aside from the boss, but with so many 84 hits that jagen has to get, it's not unlikely that he'll miss one of them.

I am actually playing on my DS cartridge. So no save states are used. I saw that the hit rates are actually pretty decent, so I guess I really am unlucky :( Still not beaten the chapter... Now my Jagen misses the final shot... Hopefully I will have better luck by tomorrow. Also I never seem to get a crit at the right moment XD Only when happens to kill a pirate, that will be two shoted anyway. I even try to get lucky on the boss when I finally reach him and my other units are blocked off. I will let you know when I succeed :)

w00000t!!!!!! Finally made it! Yes, I got reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally lucky.

Cain didn't have enough HP over, so I needed Jagen to block the upper pirates. Lower pirate attacked Wyrs, as I put Cain out of the danger zone.

Next I needed to hit Gazzak with everything I had. Abel hit. Gordin hit. Now I went for it... Jagen... Silver Lance crit!!!!!!! w00t! Unfortunatly Jagen only gained 1 skill lol. But Dondon151 does it without gains, so its always better then none. Looking forward to chapter 2 :D