FE11 H5 0% growths, with commentary (complete)

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 5 is completed in 4 turns.

Chapter information

New characters
yE3nf4d.pngtH6dgdA.png
Wolf’s bases: 2 HP | 0 str | -1 mag | 0 skl | 0 spd | 5 luk | 0 def | -2 res | no weapon ranks
Sedgar’s bases: 0 HP | 0 str | 0 mag | 0 skl | -1 spd | 2 luk | 0 def | -1 res | no weapon ranks
Before the advent of the forged Wing Spear, Wolf and Sedgar were considered to be among the best units in the game. Both of them had sky-high personal growths, probably because IS wanted to design them like unpromoted growth units despite them being prepromoted by necessity since there is no unpromoted mounted bow user class.
At the cost of their extraordinary growths, Wolf and Sedgar have next to nothing in the way of their personal bases. And because this is a 0% growths run, that’s all they have. While class set B options are overall inferior to those of class set A, Wolf and Sedgar are the only available promoted class set B units for a good period of time, and that alone justifies their occasional use.
kVuz3Er.pngPwyQQzT.png
Roshea’s base stats are approximately on par with Abel’s, except at this point in the game Abel has a lance rank lead. Vyland, on the other hand, is closer to Matthis.
UomiPL1.png
Personal bases: 6 HP | 4 str | 0 mag | 5 skl | 2 spd | 3 luk | 1 def | 1 res | swords 30, lances 135
Aside from being unpromoted, Hardin appears to be in many respects at least as good as Jagen. They have the same base lance rank and approximately equal base offensive and defensive parameters. When promoted, Hardin will be definitively superior to the veteran paladin from Altea.
Unfortunately, being unpromoted means that Hardin loses a slight bit of movement and doesn’t have access to a flying class. Master Seals come late in this game and I end up skipping many of them in this run. In the latter half of the game, Hardin’s base spd is not good enough to avoid being doubled, so he is low priority for promotion. He does have the highest personal base str of all class set A units, which is notable later on.
bNARcJy.png
Personal bases: 0 HP | 0 str | 0 mag | 0 skl | 8 spd | 1 luk | 2 def | 0 res | tomes 105, staves 30
Exactly one chapter after Merric’s recruitment comes along his mentor Wendell, who outclasses him in every way. Wendell starts with D rank staves as sage, and reclassing to bishop augments that to D +30 rank staves, which puts him at 8 staff uses away from C rank staves as bishop. Thus, he is this run’s second Warp user.
Wendell is also notable for having the highest personal base spd of any character in the game. This is salient when he is reclassed to a physical class. Despite his proclamations of how much he dislikes war, Wendell makes for a pretty rockin’ dracoknight and a passable swordmaster.

Forge name "Corleone" courtesy of blindcoco.
Edited by dondon151

They don't call him the Pope because of his sweet sweet ride

Much like Joshua in the bit so near future, the hat belongs to those destined for a future far from mediocrity

That old man's a fast peace-loving guy.

This game's actually nice, compared to FE12. At least due to the lower stats in the end, most of the units are viable. (funny how the difficulty lowers A LOT after chapter 3, their balancing is crazy)

Are you gonna keep Wendell as a sage because Excalibur user with 4 magic on enemies with 0 res along with B rank wrecks everything, or are you gonna reclass him for better doubling ability?

Funny though how this game gives you prepromos that can somehow "keep up". Unlike FE12 where Vyland and Roshea are ORKO'd by the whole map when you get them back.

Are you gonna keep Wendell as a sage because Excalibur user with 4 magic on enemies with 0 res along with B rank wrecks everything, or are you gonna reclass him for better doubling ability?

if wendell goes non-sage, i still have merric for excalibur

originally there was a map save and i decided to cut it out because the boss strategy was pretty reliable. it took many resets to get a run where the scrub squad hit everything on turns 2 and 3, and once i got to the end of the map hardin decided to get a crit.

well, at least for the boss it's easy to show that hardin didn't need the crit because you can see the expected damage in the battle summaries if you paused the video carefully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b74qhWQQ2jw

Chapter 6 is completed in 6 turns.

Chapter information

New characters

BZ6Lkto.png
There’s one instance in this playthrough where deploying two thieves is strictly needed to save 250G.
Mechanics notes
Fire Emblem
At the conclusion of chapter 6, Marth receives from Nyna the titular item of the franchise, the Fire Emblem. According to the canon, the Fire Emblem is the crest of House Archanea, although in FE3/12 it is (spoilers) discovered to be part of the Binding Shield, an item created as the counterpart to the Falchion that possesses the power to banish earth dragons (wow, that would’ve been useful in this game).
The Fire Emblem stays permanently in Marth’s inventory and cannot be traded away or deposited into the convoy. Nyna not-so-subtly explains in the game’s script that the Fire Emblem gives Marth the ability to open chests and claim the items inside, which is essentially half of a thief’s utility. The problem is that Marth cannot afford to make detours for trinkets on his way to gates and thrones, so the Fire Emblem is totally useless in this playthrough.
sbKVW6p.png
At least the game plays a cool fanfare when Marth receives the Fire Emblem.

it depends, i had most of this playthrough half-planned already so i sort of knew what to do

the exceptions are chapters 1, 2, 18, and 20. chapter 2 took me many hours. i theoryFE'd about chapters 18 and 20 without playing them for awhile, but i came up with plans that worked exceptionally so i didn't end up spending too much time on those chapters.

Edited by dondon151

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeveQXtqqXU

Chapter 7 is completed in 4 turns.

New characters
AInE6V4.png
The deal with Bantu is that he lost his dragonstone, so the player had to have picked it up back in a chapter 5 village in order for Bantu to do anything at all. Well, we skipped that village, so Bantu is a total dead weight.

Forge name courtesy of Pikmin1211.

nice run yo. I'm bummed that you sold the killing edge though. I hoped Navarre might need some more crithax later on

i'm glad that i didn't need killing edge crithax anymore. crithax is lame and i try to have it as little as possible.

Gj Dondon and Mekkah!

That was a really good clear. =D

thanks, but i think chapter 7 is really boring. mekkah and i ran out of things to say halfway through on the first couple of takes.

If you thought that Ch7 was boring, then how will you guys do in Ch8?

Ch7 was short and sweet. But Ch8 will have more squares to move on. Especially the preparation for the "clash" will be some what boring I think. But you probably can talk about Radd, Caesar and Roger by that time. Roger is probably the only reason why you won't finish it (much) faster then you can. Also buying a new/extra Wing Spear in that chapter? Or will one be enough for the entire run? Or will you use Hammerne on it?

But I can see Ch9 and Ch10 becoming much more interesting, as you won't Warp Skip them, just because you want to recruit everyone. Especially looking forward how you will "run" through Ch10.

I thought I wouldn't like this run as much as the FE6 one because I love rescue chains and there aren't any here, but that chapter 6 strategy was beautiful. I especially enjoyed the super precise unit positioning, to achieve things like stopping Caeda from getting hit by an archer. It's a pity that warp skipping exists, seeing how you respond to the higher difficulty of FE11 with a bunch of chumps is great.