Help! Gold! How to make it?! ...And Game Summary!

PuffPuff

Having no access to the DLC episode there really is no sort of revenue to buy much healing staves which looks like that's all that the money is going to go to. Having them on sale helps sometimes as the Relive/Mend staves are expensive otherwise. Can they be smithed to replenish uses? Do anyone have tips on how money is made in this game because no enemies ever carries any gold bars on them and can only get them from your pet which gives you only 300G. With some of the stuff been hearing that's expensive to forge and what not...is there any sort of way to make a decent enough revenue?!

Edited by Princess_Florina

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoshido, Nohr, or IK?

In Nohr, you can't. You basically just can't, not without DLC.

In Hoshido and IK, enemy ecounters usually have at least two enemies holding 1000G each... even encounters that cost less than 2000G. So you can grind money from cheap encounters slowly. But since you also have a chance of getting a gold bar from Lilith after the battle when you visit her shrine, you'll eventually turn a profit.

The Easy Life (Great Merchant level 5) abilty helps, too. Have the unit move and wait every turn for the first six turns, and you'll usually get at least 2 Gold Bars.

Encounters will also automatically spawn for free if you leave your game off for several hours. So if you are broke in the morning, go live your busy IRL life and and eventually you'll have two or three enemy encounters waiting that will offer 2000G each.

There is no way to fix Staves. But enemies in Encounters occasionally drop staves and batons.

Edited by gayserbeam

I'm playing Nohr.

@gayserbeam

Oh, cuz I'm at Ch9. I'm guessing that a Great Merchant is recommended.

I'm playing Nohr.

Oh, cuz I'm at Ch9. I'm guessing that a Great Merchant is recommended.

Chapter 9? Chapter 10 has a house that gives you like 10000G, right near the start of the map.

If you want money in Nohr, progress through game and vist all the houses.

...and train Mozume for the eventual Great Merchant class.

Chapter 9? Chapter 10 has a house that gives you like 10000G, right near the start of the map.

If you want money in Nohr, progress through game and vist all the houses.

...and train Mozume for the eventual Great Merchant class.

Good!

I've been training her. Her Aptitude automatically made me guess that she is the Est archtype which made me want to use her right away! She's at LV8 now and she is getting Def, but has some trouble getting HP. But giving her a HP tonic for the first few chapters will solve that. The chapter with Flora is a great place to get her started. She was spoonfed and it wasn't a waste after all!

Elise!Mido@Strategist should work wonders. Save up some coin and buy Smithy Skill and Hoshido or Flamboyant (The latter is better, and less expensive iirc) from a Hoshi Mido. Ram the Luck cap, and you should have 67% chance of getting a Gold Coin or Iron weapon to sell per turn/kill she gets.

For grinding gold seriously, i think the best way is getting easy life on as many people who fit on a map, (good luck is a plus) either by buying the skill or getting it Naturally but only 2 characters get the skill on nohr naturally, 3 if you capture the herb merchant boss who i believe is in a nohr (ophedila's) paralouge. And getting smithy skill on at least 1 unit hopefuly midoirko and let the unit's with the skill do all the killing of enemies and only on player phase. For ingame? Get people easy life and smithy skill as needed i guess.

For grinding gold seriously, i think the best way is getting easy life on as many people who fit on a map, (good luck is a plus) either by buying the skill or getting it Naturally but only 2 characters get the skill on nohr naturally, 3 if you capture the herb merchant boss who i believe is in a nohr (ophedila's) paralouge. And getting smithy skill on at least 1 unit hopefuly midoirko and let the unit's with the skill do all the killing of enemies and only on player phase. For ingame? Get people easy life and smithy skill as needed i guess.

Midoirko is who I'm planning to get as well. Kaze+Camilla for her better Str proc and skills to help make Easy Life more useful!

Even though it'll only work for the first seven turns, The Easy Life skill will have a higher activation rate with the two Goddess Icons that I have already! Until Midoirko and Mozume can keep my savings in check, hope that the story provides some until then.

*bump*

Sorry.

Requesting help:

I'm at Ch 12 now and still haven't found any money. I may end up getting screwed if I don't get some Master Seals soon. No enemies drop any gold and or items. How are you to get the money when there aren't any villages to visit for it either!

9fi3c8.jpg
LV20
W6oozZ.jpg
Dark Peg
Planning to get him Rally Mov and Galeforce before changing him to his final, Dread Fighter. Plus this'll train him in tomes which it's level won't be lost after class changing him once more!
MLlw52.jpg
LV12 and promoted.
Is it a mistake to promote her now? Because her level resets to 1 and not learning anything else after 10...I don't see any reason to keeping her in that class any longer.
pa8MVv.jpg
She's hard to raise on this route. I swear.
Is she vital to completing the game?! Please let it be no. Gonna try to use her all I can. A Support with Kami and having her at LV3 at the start of Ch12. 4 more maps are opened for the children. Need the EXP and Money!

You don't need to raise Azura; she starts off with the only ability she needs to be one of your best characters throughout the whole game. You don't have to use her but her stats certainly shouldn't be a reason not to.

*bump*

Sorry.

Requesting help:

I'm at Ch 12 now and still haven't found any money. I may end up getting screwed if I don't get some Master Seals soon. No enemies drop any gold and or items. How are you to get the money when there aren't any villages to visit for it either!

9fi3c8.jpg

LV20

W6oozZ.jpg

Dark Peg

Planning to get him Rally Mov and Galeforce before changing him to his final, Dread Fighter. Plus this'll train him in tomes which it's level won't be lost after class changing him once more!

MLlw52.jpg

LV12 and promoted.

Is it a mistake to promote her now? Because her level resets to 1 and not learning anything else after 10...I don't see any reason to keeping her in that class any longer.

pa8MVv.jpg

She's hard to raise on this route. I swear.

Is she vital to completing the game?! Please let it be no. Gonna try to use her all I can. A Support with Kami and having her at LV3 at the start of Ch12. 4 more maps are opened for the children. Need the EXP and Money!

About Kamui, are you ever making him a Dark Blood? Because Dread Fighters can't use tomes anymore, they use axes, swords, and kunai.

And I agree with Othin, the Azura is valuable because she can sing. Ignore the fact that she has terrible HP, unsalvageable defenses and her lance rank caps at C. Because most of the time, if Azura is attacking something, that's not the best thing she can do that turn.

Also, money is supposed to be tight in Nohr. Every four or five chapters you're given some gold and then you have to budget it tightly. There isn't much or any money in chapter 11. Chapter 12 has chests, but I don't remember if any of them have gold. It is a timed chapter though so getting all the chests is tough.

Edited by gayserbeam

About Kamui, are you ever making him a Dark Blood? Because Dread Fighters can't use tomes anymore, they use axes, swords, and kunai.

And I agree with Othin, the Azura is valuable because she can sing. Ignore the fact that she has terrible HP, unsalvageable defenses and her lance rank caps at C. Because most of the time, if Azura is attacking something, that's not the best thing she can do that turn.

Oh.

Ha ha...

I forgot that she gains EXP from singing.

Azura doesn't need Exp anyway because she doesn't need stats.

Except Move, that is. She's a perfect candidate for any spare Boots you happen to have.

Also, money is supposed to be tight in Nohr. Every four or five chapters you're given some gold and then you have to budget it tightly. There isn't much or any money in chapter 11. Chapter 12 has chests, but I don't remember if any of them have gold. It is a timed chapter though so getting all the chests is tough.

Nope.

I prefer the Dread Fighter for the Clear Mind and Aggressor abilities both which are far useful than the Dark Blood classes. These abilities cannot be bought, or passed down to children. Especially for exclusive event items. Plus having a Galeforced Dread Fighter would be really cool! :D

It is good that your getting some from Lilith by feeding her the right foods after she often gets good level ups. Every little bit helps. :)

It's possible to have a near 100% Easy Life/Smithy Skill Midoriko Einherjar.

Midoriko's Personal

Hoshido

Is +30% on her with both.

If you can get ahold of an Anna's Lucky Bow, that's +5

As a War Priestess, that's 34 from Class Cap, and she can have a +3 Mod

Luck tonic is +4, which with Household Cure is +6

Rally luck is +8

Pair up can be up to +5.

91% without any cheese.

This can provide you with sellable weapons, and coins.

If you can afford her upfront cost,that is.

a9y6Yt.jpg
Kami
His Noble Lineage shall help him as 1.2 EXP is gained with it! Wish that Paragon is attainable. It'll be much easier to reach LV35 with it! A supported with Azure/Aqua and ready for action. If he doesn't get there soon, otherwise'll have to get the DLC EXP episode (Spirit Mountain) after completing the game and will get his other skills during that time! :D
kznR6K.jpg
Kaze
Want to use him because of his respectable nature that he'd even go as far as to leave your party if you don't get an A support with him with kamui by the end of Ch15 and that I love Ninjas.
q7W9VA.jpg
Felicia
Hee hee...
I'd better guide her carefully. Her Res is 16. S supported with Main and A supported with Kana.
H5Kr7j.jpg
Elise
Gotta get the money for the seals soon. May sell my stat ups for them if I don't get any revenue later. As they don't have Easy Life yet. (Mozume and Midiriko)
YsnBT2.jpg
Mozume
Getting EXP slowly. Only 416 EXP to go!
GVL9R0.jpg
Kana
Kami's child. She's doing alright. She's going to be Dark Blood classed since I'm making Kami a super Ninja (Galeforce+Dragon Fang+Aggressor+Clear Mind+Rally Mov+Sol(buy))
TnqjCu.jpg
Midoriko
Supported with Kaze and ready for action!
VxRvWb.jpg
Effie
Supported with Harold/Arthur and she is an absolute Physical tank! She's getting pretty impressive even without promotion.
aruwgu.jpg
Azure
Singing is the name of the game here. She's going to promote after reaching 10. But...getting no HP really hurts her big time! D:
W6rxF1.jpg
Lutz
Haven't started yet, but he's next. He has Cut Through which moves enemies to where he previously was after being attacked! It'll be useful! Camilla gave him Str+2.
0sMHoh.jpg
Ophelia
Odin's daughter and now I've finally got my hex user. She will be a Sorcerer in the end, but would love to make her a witch someday! Her personnel tome is all that she needs throughout the game!
4maDrN.jpg
Sophie
Is climbing!
vk9DIP.jpg
Should I sell those yellow things on the bottom?! No one can use them and none of them are from Hoshido

...the Chinese new year army

. Really need the money for the seals and that it'll be awhile before I start getting my revenue. (Mozume+Modoriko)

My Party

I've just finished the chapters with Midoriko, Lutz and Ophelia. Some of these missions are timed which really bothers me since you don't have much opportunity, if at all without DLC. Already seeing that this is meanting to be a harder game than anything else. Better think Thracia's strategies since you will need them on this route! Money will have to do with some of the stuff collected in cities in the meantime!

Wait, why can't you use Horse God?

Ophelia should be able to.

Tomes and Spells are basically the same for all intents and purposes.

It's D rank.

Horse God?!
I'll have a look at that! :D
Oh, the Dark Knight...looking at skill page...yep...it is the better choice for Lifesteal! Going with that! No Levin Swords since they suck now and cannot activate skills, or crit. Nosferatu sucks. So, Missiletainn and Lifesteal will have to do. Odin+Nyx pairing is great for her Mag proc.
eUX9Iv.jpg
1kwMRq.jpg
HICgnU.jpg
QNYppy.jpg
Ephanie (Eponiine)
I'd have to go with Ephanie for our area.
*Giggle*
She's so innocent and bubbly and goes on and on about her fantasies whenever she is around men. Even her father, Zero. Zero+Luna made her have pigtails and red hair. You do have to off her in battle before she leaves. You get a Game Over if you don't. Understanding some of these writings makes this worthwhile since we won't get this awesome game till next year. Which everyone will already play it before release in America anyway. lol
Just like Kaze+Camilla gave Midoriko Purple hair. Her Str proc will be good. Last character I'm using as Azure's son and so on are going to be unlocked for extra EXP that my army needs badly.
EDIT: Gotten 3k gold and a free Master Seal in Ephanie's secret chapter alone which helps...alot!

Regarding the comments on LevinSwords

Well, Levin Swords do provide an option with a higher might than Fimbulvetr without the ability to double penalty. (11 Might Levin Sword vs. 8 Might; Fimbulvetr has -3 ability to double; both give evade penalties: -20 for Levin Sword and -5 for Fimbulvetr). So if a Levin Sword lets you double were a Fimbulvetr would not, even a proc might not save Fimbulvetr's damage output.

Thunder does let you trigger skills and has no doubling penalty, but it also has 5 might, 6 less than Levin Swords. So that means that Levin Swords have better GUARANTEED damage: 12 more damage that you always get when doubling (6 if not doubling), whereas a proc/crit is not guaranteed and only gets added some of the time. So Levin Swords offer more consistent results than Thunder, whereas Thunder will have some weaker hits (6x2=12 less damage than the Levin Sword) and some stronger hits (proc triggers: anything that increases damage by more than 6 will put Thunder ahead on an individual hit when it procs, but keep in mind that proc rates are often lower in this game; also, you need to trigger a combination of procs that add at least a combined +12 damage when doubling to match the Levin Sword). Levin Swords offer a higher minimum guaranteed damage (assuming both will hit), while Thunder offers a higher maximum potential damage but a lower minimum guaranteed damage.

Comparing to Rainarok, the B-rank tome, Levin Swords have equal might to them. Both double perfectly fine. So its a choice: inability to trigger skills/crits and -20 evade, or -2 MAG/SKL after each battle and -5 crit evade. Levin Swords are again good for consistency… no continual weakening during use.

The A-rank tome, Ginnungagap, has 15 might. It also halves your magic after battle, so its not consistent either.

I'll also note that sometimes the inability to trigger skills is actually an ADVANTAGE. Sometimes extra proc damage will kill an enemy that you wanted to stay alive so that they would help form a wall that prevents another enemy from occupying the space and thus attacking you again. The Levin's sword ability to turn off your skills and criticals at will could thus actually be HELPFUL, situationally speaking.

Note that the above considerations are modified by weapon rank bonuses.

A rank swords: +3 attack

B rank tomes: +1 attack, +5 Hit

The above applies to Dark Bloods. Here, Levin Swords gain an extra edge in damage over tomes compared to the generic case, as they effectively gain 2 extra might over them.

Contrast to:

B rank swords: +2 attack

A rank tomes: +2 attack, +5 hit

This new case applies to Dark Knights and Grandmasters. Here, they both get equal might boosts, so the damage comparisons stated before still apply. In both this case and the prior case, tomes end up slightly more accurate than their basic hit stats would imply thanks to weapon rank bonus.

Note that weapon rank bonuses don't work while at triangle disadvantage (unless this has changed), so these bonuses only work for Levin Swords/Tomes when fighting other Swords, Tomes, Bows, or Axes. They are at weapon triangle disadvantage against Lances and Hidden Weapons, in which case the comparison reverts to the the neutral, generic case.

Edited by astrophys

Azure

Singing is the name of the game here. She's going to promote after reaching 10. But...getting no HP really hurts her big time! D:

The Singer class doesn't promote, it just trogs up to level 40. Did you mean that you are going to reclass and promote her?

Unfortunately she almost never proc-ed HP for me. She made it to level 40 with only 26 HP...

Those yellow things are Hoshidan spells, Horse God and Ox God.

Edited by gayserbeam

The Singer class doesn't promote, it just trogs up to level 40. Did you mean that you are going to reclass and promote her?

Unfortunately she almost never proc-ed HP for me. She made it to level 40 with only 26 HP...

Those yellow things are Hoshidan spells, Horse God and Ox God.

No one can use them in this army.

Going to sell them.

(Seeing above poster)

No, you don't get the point…. Hoshidan weapons can be used by Nohrians and Nohrian weapons can be used by Hoshidans.

Spells and Tomes are functionally the same thing and any class that can use one can use the other. Dark Knights can use Horse God. Exorcists can use Ginnungagap. etc.

Edited by astrophys