Extra save slots ?

mimasho

So this is when I realize that I will never play my Nohr game, and I want more save slots for the IK -

I first bought the IK on my Hoshido cartridge, but when I put in my Nohr cartridge, the game files for my IK run shows up as well (which makes sense since it saves to your SD card, I believe).

My question is, is it possible for me to buy the IK route again, for the extra three save files ?

I currently have 2/3 save files for IK saved, and they're duplicates in case I make the dumb mistake of deleting my file again.

Since you have to buy the route through the decision screen (at least that's what I did the first time, and I believe that you cannot buy it through the E-shop) won't it just automatically force me to use that third file or something ? Or will it let me buy the game again if I save over all three slots ?

Also, I'm like three chapters into my Nohr run on Normal / Casual (meaning I've started it but haven't reached the decision point, but it's on the Nohr cartridge), since it was going to be a speedrun; I'm planning on stopping there and starting fresh for the IK route. I know you can reuse your avatar and it keeps your stats (as well as personalized information such as attributes and whatnot), but will I have the option to change the difficulty to Lunatic, or will it stick with the difficulty I picked when the character was first created ?

I'm really bad with DLCs and everything since FE:if's the first time I've used them, so sorry about the abundance of questions !

Regarding my uncertainties about character creation info and stuff,

I can't check myself since my DS is dead atm and I'm out without my charger ; u ;

So this is when I realize that I will never play my Nohr game, and I want more save slots for the IK -

I first bought the IK on my Hoshido cartridge, but when I put in my Nohr cartridge, the game files for my IK run shows up as well (which makes sense since it saves to your SD card, I believe).

My question is, is it possible for me to buy the IK route again, for the extra three save files ?

I currently have 2/3 save files for IK saved, and they're duplicates in case I make the dumb mistake of deleting my file again.

Since you have to buy the route through the decision screen (at least that's what I did the first time, and I believe that you cannot buy it through the E-shop) won't it just automatically force me to use that third file or something ? Or will it let me buy the game again if I save over all three slots ?

Also, I'm like three chapters into my Nohr run on Normal / Casual (meaning I've started it but haven't reached the decision point, but it's on the Nohr cartridge), since it was going to be a speedrun; I'm planning on stopping there and starting fresh for the IK route. I know you can reuse your avatar and it keeps your stats (as well as personalized information such as attributes and whatnot), but will I have the option to change the difficulty to Lunatic, or will it stick with the difficulty I picked when the character was first created ?

I'm really bad with DLCs and everything since FE:if's the first time I've used them, so sorry about the abundance of questions !

Regarding my uncertainties about character creation info and stuff,

I can't check myself since my DS is dead atm and I'm out without my charger ; u ;

Buying the IK route again wouldn't give you more save files. You can't install it twice.

When you choose to start from the decision point, you get to change the difficulty and your character. You still have the same EXP and inventory though.

EDIT: I think you should test if you even have IK on this copy. I think the DLC actually works for both cartridges. If that's the case, you wouldn't need to buy it again. I'm not sure though, because I use digital, but since the base game is the same I don't think there is a difference between the IK DLC for both Hoshido or Nohr cartridges. If you are using the same DS and SD card, you should be able to just choose IK at the decision point, reinstall it, then automatically get the three files.

Edited by gayserbeam

Buying the IK route again wouldn't give you more save files. You can't install it twice.

When you choose to start from the decision point, you get to change the difficulty and your character. You still have the same EXP and inventory though.

EDIT: I think you should test if you even have IK on this copy. I think the DLC actually works for both cartridges. If that's the case, you wouldn't need to buy it again. I'm not sure though, because I use digital, but since the base game is the same I don't think there is a difference between the IK DLC for both Hoshido or Nohr cartridges. If you are using the same DS and SD card, you should be able to just choose IK at the decision point, reinstall it, then automatically get the three files.

alskdjf ah seriously ?! ; A ; that's disappointing ~

no I checked and I can access IK in both my Nohr and Hoshido physical copies; but you misunderstand me, I want to buy the game again to get more save files.

But yes, I guess going with what you said, if I bought a new SD card and used it when I played my Nohr version,

I would be able to buy the IK route again !

Edited by mimasho

alskdjf ah seriously ?! ; A ; that's disappointing ~

no I checked and I can access IK in both my Nohr and Hoshido physical copies; but you misunderstand me, I want to buy the game again to get more save files.

But yes, I guess going with what you said, if I bought a new SD card and used it when I played my Nohr version,

I would be able to buy the IK route again !

So you are saying that on your Nohr copy of the game you can play both the Nohr and IK routes? Then you shouldn't have to buy it again. It should just automatically give you three more files, as soon as you start a game in the Nohr path and one in the IK path.

If you have the DLC installed on the game, and the save files are part of the DLC, then buying the DLC again and installing it again is redundant.

If you are tring to get nine files on one cartridge with only two paths, that is impossible unless you bought the digital Hoshido. But six files should appear if you:

1)choose Nohr, save, start from decision

2) choose IK

Edited by gayserbeam

So you are saying that on your Nohr copy of the game you can play both the Nohr and IK routes? Then you shouldn't have to buy it again. It should just automatically give you three more files, as soon as you start a game in the Nohr path and one in the IK path.

If you have the DLC installed on the game, and the save files are part of the DLC, then buying the DLC again and installing it again is redundant.

If you are tring to get nine files on one cartridge with only two paths, that is impossible unless you bought the digital Hoshido. But six files should appear if you:

1)choose Nohr, save, start from decision

2) choose IK

oooh thanks for the clarification ! I guess the save files aren't showing up because I haven't "officially" chosen Nohr yet ?

Having three full files on each cartridge is good enough for me ~

I'll power through to chapter six and hopefully all goes well !

• 2 weeks later...

hnnng this thread was from a whole ago, but I finally decided to start my lunatic run and am unable to do all the things I wanted to in the first post. Basically, you CANNOT change difficulties if you want to start from decision point, the game only lets you alter your personal character. Difficulty and mode automatically are decided with your original file, and I have been unable to find a way to change it, so I'm 99% sure it isn't possible.

Secondly, you do not get three new save files for a different cartridge if you've bought the DLC already, I think the only way to bypass that is to buy a new SD card, maybe.

The save files aren't so much as important to me, but I'm a bit bored playing through the first six chapters for my fifth time. If I'm wrong and you can actually change the difficulty if you're starting from a decision point, please do let me know ~ ; U ;

hnnng this thread was from a whole ago, but I finally decided to start my lunatic run and am unable to do all the things I wanted to in the first post. Basically, you CANNOT change difficulties if you want to start from decision point, the game only lets you alter your personal character. Difficulty and mode automatically are decided with your original file, and I have been unable to find a way to change it, so I'm 99% sure it isn't possible.

Secondly, you do not get three new save files for a different cartridge if you've bought the DLC already, I think the only way to bypass that is to buy a new SD card, maybe.

The save files aren't so much as important to me, but I'm a bit bored playing through the first six chapters for my fifth time. If I'm wrong and you can actually change the difficulty if you're starting from a decision point, please do let me know ~ ; U ;

Having tested it since then, you can put the difficulty down after Chapter 6 from the world map, but you can't bring it up to Lunatic if you started from a lower difficulty.