Speedrun Routing (Eirika Path, JP)

Hm... something happened with Twitch on my end, so I didn't get to see to the end of the relevant chapter, but a challenge run I'm considering offers an idea. If you want the Chapter 8 Whip, why not get one of the Chest Keys from 5x, and use that and the Door Key from this chapter instead of bringing Colm?

Like I said, couldn't see the full strategy myself due to an error, but it might work (or at least inspire some ideas)

I considered that but thing is, I generally need a third character just to help out with extra required player phases. Even with the extra door keys, seth & vanessa aren't enough to get the whip quickly AFAIK. Also, if I were to get the chest key from 5x, I'd have to have ephraim's team bring it all the way over or send it to convoy somehow?

I considered that but thing is, I generally need a third character just to help out with extra required player phases. Even with the extra door keys, seth & vanessa aren't enough to get the whip quickly AFAIK. Also, if I were to get the chest key from 5x, I'd have to have ephraim's team bring it all the way over or send it to convoy somehow?

Hm, makes sense. I had somehow assumed you'd go through that route- but I guess the north route would be quicker (I had thought otherwise due to how much armour's in the one room).

Probably has to do with the fact my challenge run requires conserving keys (Colm is outright banned), and I didn't even have the luxury of opening that door. Moving fast and self-imposed challenges tend to be at odds in that regard.