New english name for a character revealed?

Water Mage

I believe our mystery man may be Asyura.I mean just based on looks alone and also from hearing his Wesker voice, it could be possible.Also I say they will change Asyura's name so it is not so similar to Azura.

Forgot about him! Ah.

So either Asyura or Benoit.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgot about him! Ah.

So either Asyura or Benoit.

But

isn't Asyura originally from Hoshido?

Is it mentioned somewhere in the story that he changed names?

I did think about him, since his hair looks like a lion's mane.

Sticking with Llywellyn being Benoit; both names originate from Western European, and Benoit has some... rather sad and unfortunate associations.

Bring_Back_Benoit.gif

but in all seriousness, fucking dc douglas? mmmm sign me the fuck up

I believe our mystery man may be Asyura.I mean just based on looks alone and also from hearing his Wesker voice, it could be possible.Also I say they will change Asyura's name so it is not so similar to Azura.

Never stopped them from doing Aimee and Amy in Tellius... Or Pent and Kent in Elibe...

But

isn't Asyura originally from Hoshido?

Is it mentioned somewhere in the story that he changed names?

I did think about him, since his hair looks like a lion's mane.

No he is from Nohr, the Kouga province to be exact.He just so happens to have a very Hoshidan-esqu name.

Edited by Azz01

But isn't Kouga a ninja nation of sorts?

I think the Ninja nation is the Fuma Duchy.Though just based on his bio, his role in the game and his supports he is defiantly Nohrian.

I think the Ninja nation is the Fuma Duchy.Though just based on his bio, his role in the game and his supports he is defiantly Nohrian.

I think you're right about the countries.

But I've heard he served the Hoshidan royal family, and ninja is one of his reclass options.

I think you're right about the countries.

But I've heard he served the Hoshidan royal family, and ninja is one of his reclass options.

True.TBH I have no idea now.I never saw anywhere that he served Hoshido.He is a rebel of some kind though.(Also him having Ninja is not that weird considering, Lazwald, Luna, Odina and Anna all also have a Hoshidan class too)

True.TBH I have no idea now.I never saw anywhere that he served Hoshido.He is a rebel of some kind though.(Also him having Ninja is not that weird considering, Lazwald, Luna, Odina and Anna all also have a Hoshidan class too)

Here's a weird thing:

When you recruit him in Birthright, he comes equiped with a Hoshidan weapon.

Anyway let's get back on topic, and try to find out who Llewellyn is.

No, according to his translated profile on this site, he is Hoshidan. "He was born in Hoshido..."

Also Kirokan's transation says "He is now from the new defunct Kouga Country which was in Hoshido"

Edited by Sapphire~

Llewellyn is a cool name. It being "hard to pronounce" is a stupid reason not to include it. (Kinda takes you back to ponder the reasoning behind those Hoshidan name changes though...) As for whose name that is, I think Zero is a good fit. D.C. Douglas' voice would suit him well, and good riddance because Zero is a stupid name anyway.

I did a bit of research on historical figures that have the name Llewellyn. I'm way to obsessed with this

Most of Llewellyns that I found were members of Welsh royalty that weren't particulary memorable, however there is one thing that I've noticed that was quite interesting, the name Owain came up a lot when I was researching Welsh royalty.

But that aside, I think we can safely assume that the Llewellyn of Fates wasn't named after anyone famous.

This gonna keep bothering me until we find something, I just know it.

He did. I think it was either in his character bio that listed him as an Ex-Hoshido Ninja or one of his supports. I renember reading it somewhere though.

llewellyn doesn't sound like a fitting name for one of the 'edgier' characters, I'm guessing it's one of the children characters

I think it might be Ignis, especially since that's a skill name. D. C. Douglas' voice would fit him well

Edited by FrostyFireMage

Never seen this name before, so I've no idea how to pronounce it and it's very strange looking to my eyes.

Though I've a habit of getting attached to whatever name set I've seen first, so I hope it's not Benoit's localized name. I'd be fine with it being Asura or Ignis though.

Never seen this name before, so I've no idea how to pronounce it and it's very strange looking to my eyes.

Though I've a habit of getting attached to whatever name set I've seen first, so I hope it's not Benoit's localized name. I'd be fine with it being Asura or Ignis though.

I believe is pronouced Levelin, but I'm not sure if it is the only way to pronouce it.

I just had an idea,

Maybe it's Ganz's english name?

Edited by Water Mage

Just a guess, but maybe it's a 2nd gen character?

Didn't some Awakening VAs do a 1st gen and 2nd gen character?

For example, I remember Olivia/Nah and Anna/Severa.

EDIT: Sorry, that's true for (some of) the Japanese VAs... I don't remember how the English VAs align.

Edited by VincentASM

Just a guess, but maybe it's a 2nd gen character?

Didn't some Awakening VAs do a 1st gen and 2nd gen character?

For example, I remember Olivia/Nah and Anna/Severa.

EDIT: Sorry, that's true for (some of) the Japanese VAs... I don't remember how the English VAs align.

Julie Ann Taylor is Severa and Cordelia