Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

Yes. They're now much more inaccurate/heavier but are even stronger (and boost WEXP too). They're made to make hit boosting supports and skill/luck more useful. And abusing low Biorhythm.

Overall a buff to them for specific units, but they're more expensive too.

I think I like that change. It'll make them a lot more interesting to use.

In my first run of RD, I equipped Ike with a forged Iron Blade, and he destroyed everything too easily, so yey

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think could do with Part 4 character? I'm just curious about it white I wait the next patch.

Any characters in particular or part 4 in general?

Sanaki is buffed to premier glass-cannon and can SS rank any magic except dark.

The high level Tier 3 units you receive will still be decent substitutes. I doubt I'll need to change them too much.

Volke changed to have more incentive for endgame due to Sothe being forced.

Tormod/Vika/Muarim will be BEXPable with Tormod gaining unique promotion gains (and by unique I mean amazing).

The Royals will no longer have formshift (Will just have great gauges instead) and stat adjustments. Exception of Nailah who is more like Tormod/Vika/Muarim.

Ena is usable before endgame with heavy stat adjustments. Kurth likely as well but only in 4-4. He still gets formshift like his father. The other two dragons changed too, especially Gareth.

Pelleas to have better bases and be the 'durability' mage of the game, having great HP/DEF/RES, but average offence/bad skill.

Skrimir/Giffca having high EXP growth but worse bases compared to the royals.

Micaiah and Sothe have incredible promo gains.

Heron choice becomes a more impactful one:

Reyson: Flexibility and AoE (Is the overall best for Vigor)

Leanne: Movement/Healing (Blessing has more range and has the highest magic)

Rafiel: Durability/Galdr Options (Has Valor at base and is possible to reach Recovery)

That mostly covers it.

Edited by DLuna

If you think Resolve is kinda OP when you're able to swap it around (and I kinda agree), later down the line if you try prying into how/where skills' effects are coded, you could try and compare between Resolve's codes in the jap and the west versions, as it activates at 20% HP in the jap version. If you can get it to do the same in the US/PAL version, then maybe it'll be worse enough to allow passing around.

As an aside, can you edit Zelgius' data in 3-4 so he uses something better than an Iron sword against Skirmir? A silver sword or a steel blade would fit better with what he wields in the previous pre-rendered cutscenes.

In terms of unused supports that's not something I've really looked into. If I were to change that it would be something later on.

With Resolve I'm fine with it being the way it is (it's more functional in the western version as an actual skill) only main issue with it being that it can make avoid rates for certain units become absurd.

Currently it's only equip-able by Dragons (50 capacity) and has been Given to Kyza and Pelleas.

It allows me to balance those units in an interesting manner without making the skill broken on other units you could give it to before. Kyza has awful luck and Pelleas has mediocre speed until it procs. But the fact that the skill can't be feasibly removed from them means that they are better off for that.

I could change Zelgius's weapon, yes.

I just thought of something relating to Part III. Out of curiosity, is it possible to change how many units need to be killed in Part III's Endgame before the end of the battle is triggered?

Not something I've checked, currently. The plan is to keep the number of units the same (and that goes for 3-6 and 3-12 as well) but to significantly re-adjust the unit placements and how the maps are dealt with.

3-E for instance should actually feel like you're heavily involved and isn't just NPCs doing a lot of the work. The plan is to make almost every single playable unit deployable (unit count of about 30) and to have the entire bottom half of the map initially occupied by you and your allies. Skrimir and Tibarn are playable and the partner units aren't particularly powerful relative to the enemies.

Not something I've checked, currently. The plan is to keep the number of units the same (and that goes for 3-6 and 3-12 as well) but to significantly re-adjust the unit placements and how the maps are dealt with.

3-E for instance should actually feel like you're heavily involved and isn't just NPCs doing a lot of the work. The plan is to make almost every single playable unit deployable (unit count of about 30) and to have the entire bottom half of the map initially occupied by you and your allies. Skrimir and Tibarn are playable and the partner units aren't particularly powerful relative to the enemies.

That is freaking sick

I cannot wait to play that

Will any classes be receiving CRT bonuses?

Or will that stay the same?

There will be some adjustments. For example, Reaver has 10% instead of 5%.

Some Laguz have gained crit in the form of weapons and ranks. Cats for example go from 0% > 10% > 20%. Ravens and Wolves are 5% > 10% > 15%.

Hypothetically speaking, would it be feasible to, despite the small inaccuracy with the dialogue it would cause, keep Elincia armed at 3-10, but make it so it is at that point that she gains Mercy? This way units that attacked her still wouldn't die, but would at least retreat to heal.

Hypothetically speaking, would it be feasible to, despite the small inaccuracy with the dialogue it would cause, keep Elincia armed at 3-10, but make it so it is at that point that she gains Mercy? This way units that attacked her still wouldn't die, but would at least retreat to heal.

At least a heal staff or healing items. I understand not having a weapon

Another update!

I have done a complete rebalance for every weapon in the game. They'll likely be some further tweaks in the future, but the overall scope of things has now been finalized. Take a look below for the stats.

Swords

Swords.png

Lances

Lance.png

Axes

Axe.png

Bows

Bow.png

Daggers

Dagger.png

Laguz

Laguz.png

Anima (Fire/Thunder/Wind)

Anima.png

Light & Dark

Light_Dark.png

Staves

Staves.png

EDIT: Just to specify, Dark magic reduces damage received by swords/lances/axes. The wording isn't really that good there. Makes dark magic seem terrible. =S

Giving her a staff should be fine.

In any case, like the rest of the Crimeans, she'll be player controlled.

Edited by DLuna

Good idea on the spirit weapons' ranges. The only thing I'mmhaving doubts about is the Silver Longbow's usefulness period if the Double Bow has a max range of 5 too (maybe it could be 1-4).

Also I find it funny you bothered to put high WEXP on SS ranked weapons.

Good idea on the spirit weapons' ranges. The only thing I'mmhaving doubts about is the Silver Longbow's usefulness period if the Double Bow has a max range of 5 too (maybe it could be 1-4).

Also I find it funny you bothered to put high WEXP on SS ranked weapons.

The WEXP on SS weapons are the ones I forgot to blank. Those were the defaults. Developer's quirk, not mine!

Silver Longbow is accessed way earlier. Chances are I'll make the double bow a bit earlier too though. In which case I may make adjustments.

Also, longbows/double bow lose 20 hit for every additional range. Having 5 range is very situational. You can only feasible use it on a ledge or through a huge biorhythm advantage + heaven affinity.

Wind magic does not have this penalty though, in case you're wondering.

Speaking of spirits. They now all have Aurora and are pretty tanky... (bad health, huge DEF/RES, so don't be too worried).

Also, instead of having Corona, Yune Micaiah has... yeah.

Edited by DLuna

I really like the weight adjustments.

One of the problems I have with PoR/RD is that weapon weight is only really relevant in the early game. Once units have reached a certain strength benchmark about halfway through the game, they can wield any weapon without penalty.

Now that weapons have far more weight, it changes up the usual strategy of "roflstomp everything with steel poleaxes/greatlances," which I very much enjoy.

Ragnell and Alondite both boost defense by 5 and have infinite uses. Both are still strictly better than the Tempest Blade.

Ragnell needed to be nerfed in a way that Ike is expected to use more options, including Axes. Alondite just needed to Mirror that, although it's still the best Sword to bless in the endgame.

In any case, don't compare them to how they used to be, compared them to other weapons and they're still amazing.

I really like the weight adjustments.

Yeah, what you described is the full intention.

Although, it does mean that STR now becomes an extremely desired stat. But that just means that high base STR or growth needs to be weighted further on unit's power budget.

Edited by DLuna

The Ettard seems a bit too good. What's ike's base strength?

Base STR of 24 (42 ATK) with a base SPD of 18.

This gives him an AS of 15 at base.

3-P Warrior:

54 HP

36 ATK

14 DEF

19 AS

48 AVO

Ike 2RKOs with a ~74% hit chance. ~59% against a crossbow user and sub 50% hit against Halberdiers.

Warrior doubles Ike with 19 damage per hit and about 60-65% hit. Ike is 3HKOed.

Meh.

Ettard is the kind of weapon that Ike needs to er... grow into. Stick with your Iron Blades.

Edited by DLuna

Another update:

Skills

Skills.png

Feel free to give me your thoughts on anything in particular.

Note that Beast/Bird/Dragonfoe have all been removed from the game. Overall weapon might, especially crossbows, make them imbalance-able.

(Yes, image is a bit small, will make sure that's fixed when added to the OP)

Edited by DLuna

Ragnell and Alondite both boost defense by 5 and have infinite uses. Both are still strictly better than the Tempest Blade.

Ragnell needed to be nerfed in a way that Ike is expected to use more options, including Axes. Alondite just needed to Mirror that, although it's still the best Sword to bless in the endgame.

In any case, don't compare them to how they used to be, compared them to other weapons and they're still amazing.

Yeah, what you described is the full intention.

Although, it does mean that STR now becomes an extremely desired stat. But that just means that high base STR or growth needs to be weighted further on unit's power budget.

Okay, yeah, I completed a playthrough of Radiant Dawn like, just now so the base game is still fresh in my mind

Yeah looking at the other weapons....I'd have to agree with this change XD

EDIT: If you can find a way to do so, will Mantle be nerfed?

Edited by OmegaX128

Another update:

Skills

Skills.png

Feel free to give me your thoughts on anything in particular.

Note that Beast/Bird/Dragonfoe have all been removed from the game. Overall weapon might, especially crossbows, make them imbalance-able.

(Yes, image is a bit small, will make sure that's fixed when added to the OP)

Nice changes, is the "patch notes" up to date by the way?

PS: On a totally different topic, are you involved in other projects or game mods? Since i like they way you are balancing things, fresh end exciting.