Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dat 2% str growth.

Looks like bashing people's faces in with mend staves won't be likely to happen this time around :p

For what it's worth, Laura still has 11 ATK with it at base. 3-4 damage on fighters so she can actually kill with a crit. =p

All else fails just give a Hammerne to Oliver.....

Depending on how her lategame pans out I may end up giving her more STR anyway. On average she gets weighed down by 11 with Rexaura currently. Granted that's still 33 speed so, eh.

Edited by DLuna

LAURA PROFILE

Laura_Profile.png

I'll release one of these every 1-2 days until the next release.

That Strenght... At least she has insane speed and the Tomes doesn't have a great weight... So... She will be fine :3

She can live with Light and Ellight when she isn't against really powerful foes.

Laura's Con is that she requires a bodyguard for all of those weaker levels. Weapon ranks won't be so bad with some discipline. :Soldier:

Honestly though, I'd give Laura a bit more than 2% growth. At that point it may as well be 0%. 5% or even 10% isn't so bad. Although, I see where you're going with that though, because you want people like Oliver to have something over her by the end. Staves on the paladins sound interesting. I don't see anything wrong with it for the primary bow users, as Astrid now has a niche, and it also means that you can make the chapters with the Crimean Knights far more malicious. Somehow I'm almost afraid to see what you have in mind for part 2. I have a feeling you plan on having endgame not able to be defeated in 1 turn anymore.

I'd take "goofy" over "5 full seconds of walking back towards Edward after he critted you five meters away".

Nah man, you're forgetting the best ones. Cat versus General. THE BEST.

I think the 2% growth is so that she can still get some by BEXP leveling before promoting (and healers' EXP supply is easy to control). I think a single Energy Drop at tier 2 does the job, andd you still have the 25-35 levels before tier 3 to gain another single level-up point,

What's probably the most awesome to me about Astrid + Staves is that thanks to Paragon, she's gonna get xp like crazy.

Looking at Meg... Despite the bad skill, she seems to be a pretty good tank. Even if her max def is 27, it will prolly do wonders with her great speed and 100 HP. Her strength is good, and the bad accuracy can be fixed with supports thanks to the Heaven affinity (it might be the first time for it to become useful?). However, the only guy that can upgrade her Accuracy and not get out after the end of part 1 is Eddy, and he's likely not the best choice due to probably wanting any supports to fix his defence, or Laura, but that's only if you're a turtling player imo, since a healer and a frontliner aren't supposed to be that close.

So she'd probably get an Earth Supp with Zihark/Nolan/Volug to help her defense and avoid.

As for Laura...

She has well-rounded growths, huge speed and huge skill, but lacks of power.

The issue is that there's no way to fix this unlike Meg with supports, since the only one with a might support there is Jill.

She could get a Leonardo support to upgrade her bad defense, however, and a Light forge to fix her problems.

Anyways, her power problem can be easily fixed by Adept + Corona procs, since she's likely to be one of the characters with the highest chances to proc skills.

The fact she gets Wind Magic on T3 is kinda good, but I wonder if this isn't gonna make me want to promote her by 3-13 once I get to there so I have another Bird Counter.

Anyways, this looks really good atm.

The only thing I'm kinda worried about Laura is still a low starting level. The main issue I've noticed for her in my Mage Only Hard Mode run atm is that her base level is so low she can't really get to a valuable level if you play normally or fast. She's usually the character that will recieve the BExp dumps. However, once early promoted, I think she's the best candidat for Paragon in P1 for her to exp like crazy.

Is this issue fixed with her starting on lv5 and the changes brought to the game?

Anyways, this looks really good atm.

The only thing I'm kinda worried about Laura is still a low starting level. The main issue I've noticed for her in my Mage Only Hard Mode run atm is that her base level is so low she can't really get to a valuable level if you play normally or fast. She's usually the character that will recieve the BExp dumps. However, once early promoted, I think she's the best candidat for Paragon in P1 for her to exp like crazy.

Is this issue fixed with her starting on lv5 and the changes brought to the game?

For what it's worth, staves now give more EXP (Heal gives 15 EXP instead of 11) and I'd expect the player to promote her around level 15 with just 1 or 2 levels of BEXP. If not, level 12-14 will still make her pretty good.

Thing is, she only needs to heal 7 times to gain a level. 6 times with Mend.

If this is done once per chapter she'll be level 13 by 1-E. This is without BEXP. And this is also a unit that doesn't even need to promoted for 1-E to do her job (but there's no staff EXP penalty for promoting, so eh).

I think the 2% growth is so that she can still get some by BEXP leveling before promoting (and healers' EXP supply is easy to control). I think a single Energy Drop at tier 2 does the job, andd you still have the 25-35 levels before tier 3 to gain another single level-up point,

Yes!

If anything, I'd prefer to increase her STR cap a bit rather than growth. The 2% is just for BEXP purposes.

Edited by DLuna

It depends on how much speed I'd be comfortable to give her by endgame. However, that's yet to be seen since I haven't properly balanced enemies at that point. If she struggles to double with say, Rexaura against a General -- then I would likely buff it.

Edited by DLuna

WARNING!

Dangerous levels of badassery is approaching!

MICAIAH: Ascension into Chaos

Micaiah_Profile.png

​

Main characters are meant to be great and interesting, yo.

Even Intelligent Systems knew they missed the mark on her:

Micaiah_Awakening.png

Yune: "...And once we get inside, you can leave most of the fighting to Micaiah."

Edited by DLuna

Micaiah's caps are absolutely delicious in Tier 3. Now that line of "leave the fighting to Micaiah" is actually believable.

I could have just set Micaiah's title to "Doubling with Balberith GG" but that's a tad too concise. ; )

Do you plan to change the required characters for the part four route split(For example, making Lucia to be available for a different team)

Lucia has moderate story/dialogue relevance in the route she goes to. Therefore it's extremely unlucky I would change this. Same goes for most 'forced' characters. In fact, I can't think of an example off the top of my head where someone is forced for no reason.

I could have just set Micaiah's title to "Doubling with Balberith GG" but that's a tad too concise. ; )

That makes me wonder how Pelleas will shine though. Usually he'd be the one using his corrupted mentor's weapon, as most literaturally appropiate.

Speaking about Balberith, is there any reason why they made it give +3 Str instead of just reducing its weight by 3?

Edited by Mr. Mister

That makes me wonder how Pelleas will shine though. Usually he'd be the one using his corrupted mentor's weapon, as most literaturally appropiate.

Speaking about Balberith, is there any reason why they made it give +3 Str instead of just reducing its weight by 3?

Pelleas can SS rank staves while Micaiah is stuck with A. That gives you a potential Fortify/Ashera/Maltrona user and can therefore replace a bishop on your team.

And the reason why that works so well is that Micaiah can then use Rexaura without needing to share it and Pelleas can get Balberith.

Otherwise, his stats are quite different than Micaiah. His HP/STR/DEF are all excellent and his SKL/RES are pretty great too. His MAG/SPD are on the low side but he's essentially a tank who can fight with staves viably.

He also has innate Resolve. Which only Marshalls can equip as a scroll.

So... He's a tanky staff fighter who has great utility. He's one of the most unique units in the entire game.

No reason on Balberith. My theory is that they had a CON weight system at one point and didn't bother change the pointless STR boost. Then STR itself could have done something differently.

There's a bit of evidence to support this this. The silver poleaxe for instance has the following description: "It's great weight limits multiple attacks". But practically everyone past part 1 has close to or way surpassing 19 STR, which is the weight of the weapon. Something is a bit off there.

Cool, I almost forgot you also made staff fighting viable; Pelleas is gonna put his royal scepter to use. Going by your hints, Oliver is gonna beautify the dawn out of those unfashionable golden armors.

Yeah, if it's pointless then maybe you should take away the STR boost and make it weigh less.

Incidentally, weapons can't provide +Con bonuses, can they?

Edited by Mr. Mister

LEONARDO: Master Longbowman

Leonardo_Profile.png

Yeah, if it's pointless then maybe you should take away the STR boost and make it weigh less.

Incidentally, weapons can't provide +Con bonuses, can they?

I could change the STR to something else if it helps.

Although you could easily say the same thing with the +STR on the Double Bow, or +SKL in general which is only relevant for skill activations or finding hidden treasure?

Edited by DLuna

Wait a minute, is that a book or an ancient Duel Disk on Leo's bow arm, to carry his magic cards?

Right now I'm not sure what would be apropiate for Balberith. If you can give Con, then sure, it'd be funny to have something to let Micaiah or Pelleas shove the heaviest critters, mechanically useless as it might be. If not, then I'd settle for +SKL?

Edited by Mr. Mister

Wait a minute, is that a book or an ancient Duel Disk on Leo's bow arm, to carry his magic cards?

Let's face it -- when you have no need for them, might as well have some arm guards.

It's however perfect for concealing your trap cards. It's a secret book, after all.

Edited by DLuna

From what I can get with Leo...

Should better not get hit by anything that can go melee. Low Speed + Low HP isn't a good combo most of the times.

He can however outrange anyone minus siege tome users and have good accuracy on top of that.

The disarm skill can be good but it will not be as efficient for Part 3 due to the laguz spam on 3-6 and 3-7.

He has 25% of proccing Deadeye and Disarm at capped, which is actually pretty good.

Leonardo will be awesome against Birds and PK, and even regular units.

Imo his viability will depend on the map design ; that's how it works in my opinion for archers. If there are reasons for us to use archers (like enemies that are crazy strong at 1-range, or lots of flying units), then archers will become good.

If the game is too enemy phase focused, archers will be bad.

As long as you give him the tools to be useful, he will be. :D