Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

It might be just me, but a lot of these profile images end up so small on my end that I can't make anything out. Any chance of getting things like caps and such in text format?

MICAIAH

Micaiah_Profile.png

LEONARDO

Leonardo_Profile.png

LAURA

Laura_Profile.png

MEG

Meg_Profile.png

Is this a bit better?

Otherwise I can list numbers if required.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WARNING!

Dangerous levels of badassery is approaching!

MICAIAH: Ascension into Chaos

Micaiah_Profile.png

Main characters are meant to be great and interesting, yo.

Even Intelligent Systems knew they missed the mark on her:

Micaiah_Awakening.png

Yune: "...And once we get inside, you can leave most of the fighting to Micaiah."

Those stats are delicious, I love them.

Oh! A mystery weapon with SS Rank (Based in the Blood Pact Decission or another thing?)... Sounds really interesting. I'm so interested in see how this grows, and now more!

Now Micaiah can actually have good fighting with her overall balanced (mostly in Magic and Avoid-related) stats. I love it <3

Maybe I'm outside the context, but I don't understand the think that you say about the Micaiah DLC Art xD

Edited by Troykv

Does something silly happen if Leo attacks down two ledges, now that he has the range to?

The way the game seems to program is...? No. What happens is that he's pretty much guaranteed to hit the enemy at that point. I guess if you could the accuracy as silly than yes, it could be.

As for the strength boosts, I guess that there point was to lower the might bonus against fliers? That's all I can think of, not that it makes much of a difference.

I too can read those texts a bit better.

Maybe I'm outside the context, but I don't understand the think that you say about the Micaiah DLC Art xD

In Awakening Micaiha is a Dark Mage (or promotion), so in the picture she is wearing the stupid sexcy Dark Mage clothing from that game, muuuuuch sexier than the bishop clothing.

So, since Micaiah was to be that sexy, she also was to handle dark magic.

And I think that's not a weapon, but a Skill. I venture she no longer gets Corona (booooooring), but something else.

This looks amazing, however, is it safe to play on my actual Wii even if it's not finished or is it better to wait until the hack is done(I own a Wii, and the game, so do not fret about that!),before jumping in to things? And if I did play it on my Wii, could I update it without wrecking my Wii?

Your Wii is gonna be completely fine wether you play an older version or a new one or whatever, nothing bad will happen to it.

Now, your savefile though: from the looks of things, if you start with the Part-1-only version and then update, you'll have to start anew. If you try to load a part-1 save with the full mod, worst case scenario is game freeze, but that's nothing 4 seconds holding the Wii's power button can't solve.

Your Wii is gonna be completely fine wether you play an older version or a new one or whatever, nothing bad will happen to it.

Now, your savefile though: from the looks of things, if you start with the Part-1-only version and then update, you'll have to start anew. If you try to load a part-1 save with the full mod, worst case scenario is game freeze, but that's nothing 4 seconds holding the Wii's power button can't solve.

Oh,okay,great! Thanks for the help x3 Then I'll try to get to playing this ASAP! :)

Oh,okay,great! Thanks for the help x3 Then I'll try to get to playing this ASAP! :)

I would wait until the next version TBH. It's vastly different from the current one -- and for good reason at that.

Plus, you'd have to restart anyway.

I'm thinking about releasing half of part 1 within the next few days. Pretty much it'll be fine since it may help do some tweaks/balancing (without forcing people to restart) before I release the latter half (which is the date in the thread title).

Edited by DLuna

With all the changes to magic, I wouln't even try releasing a savefile-friendly upgrade at this point. An up-to-date version of just Part 1 would be fine though.

You gonna do the periodic character chart for everyone though? There's way more units than days left.

With all the changes to magic, I wouln't even try releasing a savefile-friendly upgrade at this point. An up-to-date version of just Part 1 would be fine though.

You gonna do the periodic character chart for everyone though? There's way more units than days left.

What I meant was in context of having to restart after the release I can do. Everyone will need to restart on whichever release I provide next, but the point is that people can get a head start and then can just carry on with their save-file next month.

Unit profiles will be done for the full release of part 1 next month. Releasing them all before a 'preview' isn't strictly necessary.

Edited by DLuna

Haha okay then I'll wait 'till the next patch! But it looks rather cool. Especially Micaiah with Dark Magic. Also can you start NG+ with this patch(I've completed the game once more and basically just need to finish the game for a cleared file,I'm on the last few maps? Sorry for all the questions btw xD

Haha okay then I'll wait 'till the next patch! But it looks rather cool. Especially Micaiah with Dark Magic. Also can you start NG+ with this patch(I've completed the game once more and basically just need to finish the game for a cleared file,I'm on the last few maps? Sorry for all the questions btw xD

Yes, you can certainly use a 'cleared' file. In fact, I'd recommend it for obvious reasons. Just don't play hard mode.

Oh and by the way...

DIALOGUE CHANGE EXAMPLES

Text_Editing_Example.png

Micaiah_Class.png

Yes, this is a thing. (Or that's the plan).

Just so you know, this will be separate with or without ReDux. And you can play ReDux with the original script/story intact.

(That one screen above may or may not although most likely not be definitive of the end dialogue -- just a fun example! Do not take it seriously)

Also:

WEAPON TRIANGLE

Weapon_Triangle.png

An updated look on how the Weapon Triangle will be.

Edited by DLuna

Yes, you can certainly use a 'cleared' file. In fact, I'd recommend it for obvious reasons. Just don't play hard mode.

Oh and by the way...

DIALOGUE CHANGE EXAMPLES

Text_Editing_Example.png

Micaiah_Class.png

Just so you know, this will be separate with or without ReDux. And you can play ReDux with the original script/story intact.

(That one screen above may or may not be definitive of the end dialogue -- just a fun example!)

Also:

WEAPON TRIANGLE

Weapon_Triangle.png

Oh my god. Yes,just...Yes. Especially to the conversation thing! Will there be more paired endings? I.e more romantic ones? *cough cough*Soren and Ike should be married right about now*cough cough*. Though I totally understand if you don't want to do that haha~

Spoilers for whomever that may apply to:

The main focuses of re-dialogue/writing are as followed:

1) Micaiah's characterization and reliance on her "powers". She's now a decisive leader as opposed to just following her visions. More of her wit is shown as well. Part one is rewrote in a way that focuses on Micaiah's growth as a leader -- and providing some semi-balance of character development. She's brown nosed a lot less too, with her actions gaining respect as opposed to previously where there wasn't really any leadership qualities shown other than possessing 'powers'.

2) Part 3's subplot with Daein to be moderately expanded and given more exposition. Blood pact now functions through two candidates. Pelleas signs the contract knowing full well what it entails. Lekain also signs the contract with promise that Begnion will properly assist with the reconstruction of Daein once they have won the war. Pelleas later realizes he has no hope of winning and would do even further damage to Daein by continuing with the war. Tells Micaiah to stall for time until they can break it (as per usual). Micaiah is far more frustrated at the situation and does not agree with Pelleas whatsoever -- but ends up realizing she does not have much choice either way and ultimately agrees to assist. And rather than threatening Ike and co. she insists that they flee in hopes they will catch on (since she cannot outright tell them). Soren does, but everyone else isn't willing to take the risk of being tricked and continues fighting. There is further character interaction between Micaiah and Soren as a result.

Part 2 will remain pretty much the same.

Part 4 will also have small amounts of change, but expanded characterisation. Ike's confrontation with the Black Knight is explored a bit more, and Ranulf no longer reveals his identify so suddenly. He merely tells Ike that he knows. Then the reveal is more dramatic at endgame (as it should be).

Those are the main points of interest.

As for endings/pairings, it would be something only explored much later on.

Also, worth mentioned that I will obviously be fixing skill/weapon descriptions etc... Anything that does need changing will do so.

That's pretty interesting how this is turning out, more than just a game re-balance hack now. Can we also expect some expanded roles of secondary characters (e.g. the dawn brigade)?

Oh and by the way...

DIALOGUE CHANGE EXAMPLES

Text_Editing_Example.png

Micaiah_Class.png

(That one screen above may or may not be definitive of the end dialogue -- just a fun example!)

Also:

WEAPON TRIANGLE

Weapon_Triangle.png

Ike fight for his friends :v hahahaaha xD

Interesting really interesting changes with the wepaon triagunle (specially talking about magic).

Spoilers for whomever that may apply to:

The main focuses of re-dialogue/writing are as followed:

1) Micaiah's characterization and reliance on her "powers". She's now a decisive leader as opposed to just following her visions. More of her wit is shown as well. Part one is rewrote in a way that focuses on Micaiah's growth as a leader -- and providing some semi-balance of character development. She's brown nosed a lot less too, with her actions gaining respect as opposed to previously where there wasn't really any leadership qualities shown other than possessing 'powers'.

2) Part 3's subplot with Daein to be moderately expanded and given more exposition. Blood pact now functions through two candidates. Pelleas signs the contract knowing full well what it entails. Lekain also signs the contract with promise that Begnion will properly assist with the reconstruction of Daein once they have won the war. Pelleas later realizes he has no hope of winning and would do even further damage to Daein by continuing with the war. Tells Micaiah to stall for time until they can break it (as per usual). Micaiah is far more frustrated at the situation and does not agree with Pelleas whatsoever -- but ends up realizing she does not have much choice either way and ultimately agrees to assist. And rather than threatening Ike and co. she insists that they flee in hopes they will catch on (since she cannot outright tell them). Soren does, but everyone else isn't willing to take the risk of being tricked and continues fighting. There is further character interaction between Micaiah and Soren as a result.

Part 2 will remain pretty much the same.

Part 4 will also have small amounts of change, but expanded characterisation. Ike's confrontation with the Black Knight is explored a bit more, and Ranulf no longer reveals his identify so suddenly. He merely tells Ike that he knows. Then the reveal is more dramatic at endgame (as it should be).

Those are the main points of interest.

As for endings/pairings, it would be something only explored much later on.

Also, worth mentioned that I will obviously be fixing skill/weapon descriptions etc... Anything that does need changing will do so.

These changes in the story-script... Wow, I think this was actually completely neccesary with the original game and its weird convenient things xDU

A little question (and maybe suggestion). Do you remember that Yune's dialogue after the Black Knight's end, that was removed in the internation version of the game. I just mentionted it if you don't remember it :3

That's pretty interesting how this is turning out, more than just a game re-balance hack now. Can we also expect some expanded roles of secondary characters (e.g. the dawn brigade)?

WIP (Drafting stage)

Micaiah: So, you are an old friend of Laura’s?
Aran: Yes. I’m afraid I must apologize for my poor choice in employers.
Micaiah: Do not fret on that, my good man. We appreciate your support and I wholeheartedly welcome you into our little group.
Aran: When I saw Laura... I simply couldn’t stand by any longer. I would not forgive myself if anything had happened to her...
Laura: Aww... Thank you, Aran! As I said before, that despite your decision to become a soldier, you have not changed an ounce since leaving the church!
Aran: I didn't leave for a thirst for battle or glory Laura... We were poor, and I had to support everyone as I much as I could provide. Becoming a soldier was merely my last option. I despised it, really...
Laura: You make a great Soldier, Aran! Do not put yourself down like that!
Aran: That's not the point, Laura.
Aran: Also, I’ve been meaning to ask you. What’s become of the church? I’d heard that, since the occupation, most of Daein’s clergy have been excommunicated and sent to prisons. I know that the empire sent its own replacements. Was the church affected?
Laura: No, thankfully. Our congregation would always say… “The clergy of the empire wouldn’t even consider coming to a dingy church in a backwater village like this! You’re been spared, Minister!” Ha ha ha… We extended our prayer time to thank the goddess for saving our church.
Micaiah: ... (That's sad. Hilarious... but sad...).
Aran: Ah… I see. Somehow, I am not at all surprised.
Laura: Oh, Aran. I was meant to ask, you do realize what this means for you now, right?
Aran: That... I am unsure. Do tell.
Laura: Silly Bradley! How could you be so naive? Micaiah leads the infamous, yet honorable group of bandits known as the Dawn brigade! Surely you must have heard of them by now?
Aran: That I have... In some manner. However, I must ask you not to-
Micaiah: Bandits? Oh, my...!
Laura: Now, now! I understand it'll take a lot of time to become a fully fledged bandit, but I am sure you will pull through, Aran!
Laura: I myself only received my 'Thief' Staff as part of my initiation yesterday!
Aran: Errr... Good for you?
Laura: It is only a matter of time before I too, shall become renowned for my expertise! Ah, yes.. 'L'Aura, Saint of Scoundrels!'... No, no! 'Lady Aureola, Savour of the Slums!' My ascension draws near, Aran! The rural revolution is at hand!
Micaiah: Pfff...! Hahaha!
Aran: Okaaaay… You're unusually upbeat about all this...
Laura: That's not the right attitude to have, Aran! Always remember, we must strive above all else to be honorable bandits. For the future of Daein! Onward!
Micaiah: That's the spirit, Laura! Onward!
Aran: Don't encourage her...
Micaiah: Anyway... Tell me a little bit more about yourselves! I take it you two have been friends for a very long time?
Aran: We knew each other as children, yes. We were longtime neighbours, with my Father being the head bishop of the church that resided nearby. My grandfather was also the abbot that Laura had visited the other day. My father passed away four years ago due to an illness.
Micaiah: Oh... I am sorry for your loss.
Aran: It matters not to me. I held no strong feelings for him, truth be told.
Micaiah: ...
Aran: As for Laura... she was very keen from a young age to join the clergy. Me? I never had any interest, to my father's dismay.
Aran: Still, me and Laura grew quite close. As with mine, her family were... also very adamant where they stood. She joined the church. They on the other hand, left the village and traveled to Crimea when she turned thirteen. They had no interest in her endeavors and association with the church, while Laura made the decision to stay. She has not seen them since... That was almost ten years ago.
Laura: I still love my family! And I am sure they will return one day! I pray for them often...
Aran: Hmph... Friends are chosen and family are not. You'd better keep that in mind Laura. You needn't bother with them.
Micaiah: ...
Laura: Please! Let us speak of this no more. Let's all stay positive! After all, I am sure the Dawn Brigade bandits w-will look after us! I-I know we will be okay. I'm just glad you're here now Aran...
Aran: I am sorry, Laura... Just know that optimism can lead to disappointment.
Laura: Stop it! You'll never succeed with that attitude, Brad! How many times do I have to tell you?!
Micaiah: You tell him! Typical Brad, right Laura?!
Aran: Ugh...
Micaiah: Ha. You two truly are nothing alike. Interesting...
Aran: You have no idea...

Expansion on what is currently there, yes.
A little question (and maybe suggestion). Do you remember that Yune's dialogue after the Black Knight's end, that was removed in the internation version of the game. I just mentionted it if you don't remember it :3

It's very likely that I'll re-add anything that was missing from the localized version of the game.

Edited by DLuna

DLuna, I never had play FE10. Since this would be the first time playing it, would you suggest play your mod instead the vanilla version? I had see the story, but never do something near as play the game himself

Edited by ronlyn

DLuna, I never had play FE10. Since this would be the first time playing it, would you suggest play your mod instead the vanilla version? I had see the story, but never do something near as play the game himself

I'm releasing a demo of the definitive version of the hack tomorrow. So feel free to try it then!

The vanilla version get widespread criticism on:

1) How the difficulty curve is completely backwards.

2) Unit balance being horrible. Also weapons and skills to a lesser degree.

3) Story having huge flaws especially when it comes to character's motivations. Also 'new' characters not getting enough acknowledgement or back-story.

4) Enemy stats/AI/distribution not taking advantage of the overall great map design (IMO).

5) Team splitting being largely against the game because of 1) and 2), rather than it being a strong element through variety.

6) Not enough customisation in weapon/skill combos. The game is weirdly restricting without having enough balance to make that even matter. So it's the worst of both worlds.

The hack attempts to fix all of these. The core gameplay and mechanics of FE10 are pretty great. But they do not live up to their potential because of certain factors.

If the above is important to you, then I suggest trying the hack. Gathering feedback on somebody blind to the game would be quite interesting, actually.

Edited by DLuna

Personally, the one skill I have always found unbalanced not in terms of difficulty, but in terms of "fun", is Nihil. Specifically, how the Nihil vs Nihil (also applied to Mantle IIRC) scenario is a complete ignorance of all other skills instead of just a mutual canceling of the two Nihils. This takes almost all the tension away from the Black Knight fight, though I'm blaming this on the fact that nothing in vanilla can survive a single Eclipse, somI understand why you want to remove that skill out of the equation against the player. The fight is not nearly as fun as the one in PoR.

The issue here is that Eclipse is stupid, so tension just becomes a matter of luck on whether you are going to get annihilated or not. If it was nerfed to like Luna (like in PoR), then maybe this would work.

I'm releasing a demo of the definitive version of the hack tomorrow. So feel free to try it then!

The vanilla version get widespread criticism on:

1) How the difficulty curve is completely backwards.

2) Unit balance being horrible. Also weapons and skills to a lesser degree.

3) Story having huge flaws especially when it comes to character's motivations. Also 'new' characters not getting enough acknowledgement or back-story.

4) Enemy stats/AI/distribution not taking advantage of the overall great map design (IMO).

5) Team splitting being largely against the game because of 1) and 2), rather than it being a strong element through variety.

6) Not enough customisation in weapon/skill combos. The game is weirdly restricting without having enough balance to make that even matter. So it's the worst of both worlds.

The hack attempts to fix all of these. The core gameplay and mechanics of FE10 are pretty great. But they do not live up to their potential because of certain factors.

If the above is important to you, then I suggest trying the hack. Gathering feedback on somebody blind to the game would be quite interesting, actually.

Is the entirety of part 1 being released tomorrow or just the demo? Also,this all sounds amazeballs, and I'm super excited(As FE:Radiant Dawn is my favorite game in the series so far. It might be overtaken by IF but I don't know yet x-x)