Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

Do note that a forged thunder tome would still give them an okay 2 range option. Otherwise they're just locked out of magic triangle control, which isn't too detrimental. High DEF / bad RES just means they have better things to do than fight other magi.

Giving them access to other types takes away their distinctness. I'd have to weaken their strengths to balance for that which may end up not making them much different from other mages.

Thaumaturgy are miracle workers by definition, so I'd thought it would fit fairly well. Same with Shaman in some different context (more relevance than GBA shaman for instance).

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do note that a forged thunder tome would still give them an okay 2 range option. Otherwise they're just locked out of magic triangle control, which isn't too detrimental. High DEF / bad RES just means they have better things to do than fight other magi.

Giving them access to other types takes away their distinctness. I'd have to weaken their strengths to balance for that which may end up not making them much different from other mages.

Thaumaturgy are miracle workers by definition, so I'd thought it would fit fairly well. Same with Shaman in some different context (more relevance than GBA shaman for instance.

I suppose one could just think of Thunder as the Hand Axe/Javelin for Thunder magic. Come to think of it, I probably feel that way only because the playable parts of this version of the hack thus far don't really go far enough into the game to see how Ilyana functions as a Thor Knight.

Edited by Elite Lord Sigma

Ilyana gains +5 DEF on promotion. She has the highest defense in the entire game aside from Brom. That should tell how you how she functions. Her offence is shaky though and she's reliant on crits. I do like Wrath on her.

Her main worry is avoiding magic weapons. Both dark weapons and wind swords have WTA on her and she's especially at risk of boing doubled by anyone using the latter. But, she also has free Shade, which means enemies will often not target her even with that.

As for Druids? I've never gave them a staff so idk. That said, I've found that the game can crash fairly often if any class is given an animation they're not supposed to have (outside of magic types). So for units like Astrid she has no animation with them as it stands -- it's not worth it. Which is fine since it's staves. It would only matter if you counter attack with it.

Ilyana gains +5 DEF on promotion. She has the highest defense in the entire game aside from Brom. That should tell how you how she functions. Her offence is shaky though and she's reliant on crits. I do like Wrath on her.

Her main worry is avoiding magic weapons. Both dark weapons and wind swords have WTA on her and she's especially at risk of boing doubled by anyone using the latter. But, she also has free Shade, which means enemies will often not target her even with that.

As for Druids? I've never gave them a staff so idk. That said, I've found that the game can crash fairly often if any class is given an animation they're not supposed to have (outside of magic types). So for units like Astrid she has no animation with them as it stands -- it's not worth it. Which is fine since it's staves. It would only matter if you counter attack with it.

Ah, I see. With Thunder magic not having awful hit like it does in vanilla FERD, I could definitely see Vantage/Wrath working well on her, assuming that there's enough capacity for both skills to be equipped. I take it that her weakness to magic weapons means that magic weapons will actually show up often enough to be worth taking into consideration.

As for new weapon animations, Astrid's existing animations for attacking with a lance would probably be fine if you could somehow substitute the staff in for the lance, or you could try to use Mist's animations as a base and apply them to Astrid's model. Then again, I'm no modeler, animator, or programmer, so I wouldn't know how much effort this would actually take.

> Lyre

> Joining in 3-1

I like that.

A lot of availability has changed.

Tauroneo is deployable in every map after 1-6. There will be dialogue changes to reflect that. Obviously, he's balanced accordingly -- his base stats are pretty low for his level (level 4 general) but growths are great.

Jill and Fiona are usable in 1-8. Also helps that Fiona can actually move in the marsh now too (5 movement cost which means Fiona can actually move through 2 tiles at the time).

Lyre/Lethe from 3-1 onwards.

The tigers usable in 3-5. The cats are still absent.

All crimeans usable in 3-10.

Amongst a few other changes.

Increased deployment slots to accommodate all of this.

As for new weapon animations, Astrid's existing animations for attacking with a lance would probably be fine if you could somehow substitute the staff in for the lance, or you could try to use Mist's animations as a base and apply them to Astrid's model. Then again, I'm no modeler, animator, or programmer, so I wouldn't know how much effort this would actually take.

Tried something like this but there are issues with it.

Magic weapons are fairly common. 2/5 enemies target RES overall. And that's certainly a buff to units with good RES.

As a heads up, release will likely not be tomorrow (I am ill and won't be finishing it up tomorrow). I would expect next weekend.

I thought of something else related to magic weapons. Let's say that a Wind Edge goes up against a Venin Axe. The former has an advantage as a sword against an axe, but the latter has an advantage as a dark weapon against an anima weapon. How exactly do the triangle bonuses and penalties work in a situation like that?

Edited by Elite Lord Sigma

The availablity changes looks realy nice,especialy theRoyal Knights being playable in 3-10(The Heart of Crimea).I have another question(Sorry to be bothering on the last ones,I am new at these hacking,modding stuff).Will any clean map be changed into a Fog of war/Night chapter??The fog of wars chapters tend to annoy most of the players,but they are a great addition and introduce a new gameplay style,instead of rushing like most of the players do. And what about the Shade for Rolf to be a different play style while using him instead of Shinon?. Keep up the good work

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have it ready for today either. Been very busy lately with other things.

I still need to do some further test runs to make sure nothing is broken (Like Danved). I could release it but not until everything is checked.

Speaking of which:

NOT DEVDAN

Danved.png

Weird? Yup. Good? You bet.

Being that Nephenee and Aran fit their archetypes well, I had to do something interesting with this guy to make him stand out, rather than just being the boring in-between of the former two. So... this is how it's ended up!

Pretty much all of the Crimean knights are super interesting though, due to their lack of screen-time. The important thing is to just make them stand out and be useful in their own way.

Granted, the amount of EXP you receive in 2-3 and 3-9 is going way up as well (Even Geoff gets 40+ per kill). So I'll have to keep my eye on them...

Edited by DLuna

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll have it ready for today either. Been very busy lately with other things.

I still need to do some further test runs to make sure nothing is broken (Like Danved). I could release it but not until everything is checked.

Speaking of which:

NOT DEVDAN

Danved.png

Weird? Yup. Good? You bet.

Being that Nephenee and Aran fit their archetypes well, I had to do something interesting with this guy to make him stand out, rather than just being the boring in-between of the former two. So... this is how it's ended up!

Pretty much all of the Crimean knights are super interesting though, due to their lack of screen-time. The important thing is to just make them stand out and be useful in their own way.

Granted, the amount of EXP you receive in 2-3 and 3-9 is going way up as well (Even Geoff gets 40+ per kill). So I'll have to keep my eye on them...

That HP, that Luck Growth... wow

Edited by Troykv

Hey DLuna, how goes the testing? Do you think it might be possible for the next release to happen this week? Not trying to rush you, I'm just really looking forward to it and was hoping for some news to help with my excitement. ^^

I'm really curious to see how you're handling Haar, and if he ends up being as infamous as the base game. XD

Edit: Crud, I didn't realize that I'd made the last post in this thread. My b.

Edited by Fathomite

6 def

what

84 HP tho. As a level 7 Halberdier.

Plus, he's guaranteed to cap luck. 45 luck paired with the changes to biorhythm is going to give him ridiculous avoid. Even his base strength/speed are godlike, so he'll have great AS to add onto the avoid formula.

Now that I think about it, he actually sounds kinda op LOL. I suppose it makes sense, given his availability.

84 HP tho. As a level 7 Halberdier.

Plus, he's guaranteed to cap luck. 45 luck paired with the changes to biorhythm is going to give him ridiculous avoid. Even his base strength/speed are godlike, so he'll have great AS to add onto the avoid formula.

Now that I think about it, he actually sounds kinda op LOL. I suppose it makes sense, given his availability.

oh didnt see the HP

thats really weird actually.

• 2 weeks later...