Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

Leave it to Dondon to have already completed it lol. My concern with its feasibility was primarily in 1-9 (Micaiah + BK) and then the Dawn Brigade in Part 3. I didn't know of the trick to keep Micky unharmed in 1-9 and the part 3 Dawn Brigade chapters are of course a bit tricky. But of course, Volug saves the day.

Watching some of Dondon reminded me that RD doesn't allow for blank level ups so he appears to have rigged it so that most units get magic every time, mages get strength every time and a couple of special units like Elincia (and probably Mist) get hp. I'm guessing bonus xp levels would be self imposed banned because of the guaranteed 3 stats.

I'm assuming Dondon made his own mod for this. There isn't a public 0% growths for PoR/RD here on Serenes nor does Google yield anything.

If making a 0% growth mod of your mod is something that you find interesting then sure. Given how much you've been tweaking stats and growths it may not be beatable in theory, but people always seem to find ways to make these things work.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is Ilyana's class yes. It has +1 movement and DEF as a core stat (Fun fact: Ilyana has the third highest DEF growth in the entire game). Barring in mind, thunder magic is mostly melee.

Tormod has thunder and Calill has wind. Soren has fire and Pelleas has thunder.

Magi is plural for mage or magus.

Oh! A magic tank class, interesting... Who are the two characters with the highest DEF growth? xD

Tormod and Pelleas with Thunder... I should know it xDU

Edited by Troykv

Oh! A magic tank class, interesting... Who are the two characters with the highest DEF growth? xD

Tormod and Pelleas with Thunder... I should know it xDU

Highest DEF growths go to 1) Pelleas and 2) Brom and 3) Ilyana & Makalov.

Mage durability now varies as much as any other type of unit. They all had very same-y stats in the original overall.

Barring in mind, DEF & RES mean less now since both damage values and HP are going way up. Even with really high DEF/RES you're unlikely to face single digit damage. Someone like a capped-DEF Brom is still facing ~10 damage from a lategame swordmaster (who will double him too). The difference is that he has a 100+ health pool as well.

The benefit of that too though is that someone with abysmal DEF like Calill or Sigrun will have HP pools of their own around ~70. So they will never be one-shot. Even a silver bow on a lategame Sniper will fail to one-shot Sigrun. You could say that unit durability has less extremes this way. You're not going to tank pathetic 0-2 damage amounts anymore but neither will you be one-shot.

Edited by DLuna

• 2 weeks later...

Highest DEF growths go to 1) Pelleas and 2) Brom and 3) Ilyana & Makalov.

Mage durability now varies as much as any other type of unit. They all had very same-y stats in the original overall.

Barring in mind, DEF & RES mean less now since both damage values and HP are going way up. Even with really high DEF/RES you're unlikely to face single digit damage. Someone like a capped-DEF Brom is still facing ~10 damage from a lategame swordmaster (who will double him too). The difference is that he has a 100+ health pool as well.

The benefit of that too though is that someone with abysmal DEF like Calill or Sigrun will have HP pools of their own around ~70. So they will never be one-shot. Even a silver bow on a lategame Sniper will fail to one-shot Sigrun. You could say that unit durability has less extremes this way. You're not going to tank pathetic 0-2 damage amounts anymore but neither will you be one-shot.

Lower Def/Res and high HP? Like in Holy War? That sounds curious, but I suppose I have to see it in practice xD

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Unit data for part 1 and 2 are now listed in the OP. Full list of weapons/items will be listed soon as well. Yes -- that does mean there's going to be a release shortly.

That said, part 2 is pretty much complete (aside from some minor tweaks pending for 2-3 and 2-F). So if you would like to test that before the actual release, then feel free to PM me.

What the hell at Danved's growths... They are weird.

Weird growths/bases for a weird character.

Danved was one of the most boring units in the original game (bland middle ground between Neph/Aran with bad availability). So now, he has really distinct facets as a unit.

He might not be as lategame capable as some other units (shaky hit rates and durability), but he's still pretty good. High HP/Magic makes him really good with Imbue and his offensive stats and avoid are solid.

And in the midgame he absolutely dominates with a 'Heavy Spear' (more info on that soon).

Edited by DLuna

Weird growths/bases for a weird character.

Danved was one of the most boring units in the original game (bland middle ground between Neph/Aran with bad availability). So now, he has really distinct facets as a unit.

He might not be as lategame capable as some other units (shaky hit rates and durability), but he's still pretty good. High HP/Magic makes him really good with Imbue and his offensive stats and avoid are solid.

And in the midgame he absolutely dominates with a 'Heavy Spear' (more info on that soon).

This is true. Also, feel free to PM me about it. I enjoyed doing Part 1, I see no reason not to stay on this train I'm on.

Also, are you going to do something about the 34 speed thing in Part 4? Just curious.

Also, are you going to do something about the 34 speed thing in Part 4? Just curious.

Oh definitely. Enemy stats are now completely different.

The most important thing is that they're more varied. Even Ashera's auras have differing stats (as well as retaliating with magic). Some units won't even be able to double with 40 speed. Some units will be able to double even with 28 speed.

Weapon weight is a factor too, so a lot of the legendary weapons will usually weigh down those with high natural speed.

Not only that, but units with low speed will typically make up for it in other areas. Someone like Boyd may not double like Nolan but the dude has around ~15 more strength on average which counteracts it.

I'll send you a PM as soon as when I have the test version ready.

You gonna use the Slime Lance entry for it?

You mean the Slim Lance? Nah, that's actually a thing now.

The Blade/Greatlance/Poleax tier of weapons are all being replaced by new stuff, just because they're pretty bland (slightly more powerful than the standard weapons).

Instead, you have new weapons which serve different niches. And a new line of S rank weapons which serve as substitutes as endgame weapons.

One example is the ol' Battle Axe from FE5/FE8 (but way tuned up). Monstrous MT (24!) but pitiful hit. Makes it so you'll need to take advantage of Heaven Affinity and/or Biorhythm. Or makes SKL/LCK really desired on those who can use it. Ike loves this thing, even when he has Ragnell.

Or there's the Great Sword, which has incredible hit (110) with very decent MT as well, but rather bad durability and really expensive to boot. In the right hands (Meg, Tanith or Makalov) it's exceptionally good.

Edited by DLuna

Oh? So rather than make the Great weapons more different sidegrades to the normal ones and keeping them tiered, you're making them untiered, special-purposed weapons different from each other?

I like that.

These growth rates looks weird,but at the same time interesting.I guess that no one will have a general idea of the balanced game.Until it's final version. I am wondering,will the hack have one or two new base conversations?Maybe replacing some generic ones like the Nasir and Gareth only ones?

Hard nerf on Jill's strength growth, whoah.

Using some theory here :

- Micaiah looks great. Access to Dark and Light magic, especially with the changes announced, will probably make her pretty good, and the fact she gets staves on promo makes her even better. Her offensive growths are obviously great, and she has some nice survivability potential with her okay-ish growths on def.

- Edward is a weird one. While he'll probably be good due to his strength + def, I think his speed might give him trouble against cats in 6-3. He'll be sturdy for sure, but I don't think we'll expect him to double later on in the game unless Calabdog is changed to grant speed.

- As I've said in my first review, with the changes of the game, I'm sure Leonardo will stay great. On a very hard game where 1-2 range isn't great, having the option of attacking the enemy at a 100% chance without being countered is just awesome. That's why units like Takumi or Niles simply shine, or even to a lesser extent Archers in FE12. He'll be awesome for part 3 simply because of that.

- Nolan is fairly good. While I don't think he'll end up great, he's probably a good unit for the DB. Though in Hard Mode, there's no weapon triangle, making him slightly weaker than his normal mode counterpart. (because I guess he's fairly balanced due to being the only DB unit along Jill that has access to axes for a while) He's that kind of unit that's too much of a mixed bag to make him work in the end... Though the Hand Axe can fix some of his issues, and he has some nice skill to make it hit. He still has the Earth Affinity, and a nice weapon rank.

- Laura will remain great, and be even better than her FE10 counterpart. First of all, despite the fact that almost anything will blow her up, in such a game where the enemies hit hard, you need healing staves to fix you up. This already pushes her as a good unit. Secondly, her access to magic will make her great against Laguzes with that speed. While to be honest I'd have rather liked if the magic order was reversed, and she started with Wind instead of Light. This way, she's different from Micaiah, and has her own niche in 3-6 and 3-12 as a "sniper". In 3-13, since she'll be used a lot, she'll probably be close to promotion or promoted to use her boosts. I think it'd be nice if she got Wind Magic from Bishop and Light Magic from Saint.

- Sothe looks very good. No problem with him.

- Ilyana looks like a wonky unit. While I'm a fan of the design choice, I'm not sure if the cap isn't too low for her. Her speed on the long run will be a detriment. But literally, who cares when she has free access to Bolting, a Bolting you get early on nonetheless. Ilyana is made great in part 1 just due to that design choice. Not sure if she'll stay great in part 3.

- I feel like Aran's niche is kinda weird. I mean, his defense cap is imo way too low to be worth, unless the enemies' attack cap very low in Part 1. That's a nice incitation to early promos though. I just think it could be buffed to 16 early on. But this pretty much is from pure stats here and not in-game experience.

- While Meg has wonky growths, I'm 100% sure it's possible to make something out of her. She has a huge HP, speed and strength growth, along balanced defensive stats, which make her already good. She also starts with the highest defense stat in the team. Her skill is very low, but it's easily fixable thanks to her Heaven affinity. It's just the kind of unit I want to make work.

- Volug is another weirdo, though iirc he gains normal exp until lv20, am I right? I think he's workable, but that depends on how his growths work with you. His gauge is pretty good too.

- Tauroneo looks like that balanced clutch unit. I feel like you'll make him super trainable during 3-12 by having him face a lot of enemies, but I kinda fear he'll come underlevelled at the time. His stats will obviously end up good, though the issue will be how 3-12 will allow us to train him.

- Jill looks like another weird design choice, but I like it, especially since she's the only female Dragon Master, which allows you to play with her caps without annoying Haar. She's very different from Haar now, and she'll still be very useful with Anti-Laguz + Brave Axe, especially with her mixed defenses. Sure she's 100% workable.

- Zihark looks like the opposite of Edward. He's more magic and speed based, in opposition to Edward's strength and def. Not sure if there are reasons to use both at the same time, but I think it'll be harder to make Zihark work due to his low strength, unless you added magical swords for him to use because Imbue might not be the solution here, especially when you don't have 20 imbues to spread to all the magic-based units.

- Fiona is the epitome of a balanced unit. She recieved a lot of buffs to get to that state, but I'm almost certain you can make her work, especially with that movement stat. The lack of Saviour might make her harder to protect on Chapter 6-2 due to her lower speed though, so I'm kinda scared about that. However, Staff access + great tankiness with Imbue makes her a great unit on the DB Part 3 chapters. I'm sure she's usable.

- And now we get to the trio of "how will you make them flipping work". Tormod is probably the easiest of the three to get to be usable. You simply need to reduce the res of 4-3 units for him to deal damage, and he'll be able to snatch kills. His growths make of him obviously an Est unit, while his bases make him slightly good for the DB, which is nice. I think he can be usable.

- Muarim, just like Tormod, has great growths, though will be harder to be usable, especially since... he's a laguz. I feel like it'd be better if he started with a higher strike rank. Else, he looks good.

- Now, the unit I'm the most sceptical on is obviously Vika. While her growths are obviously great, I'm not even sure it is possible to make her work. The only way for that is to begin with to feed her units on Micaiah's part while everybody else needs the exp, and again to feed her units on Tormod's chapter... if she can damage them. I feel like the first step would be to have her strike rank go super fast, if that's not already the case. This way, even without a great training, she hits hard. Her gauge is probably the best in the whole game, I suppose, which make her having a huge advantage.

- Nailah doesn't have Formshift anymore, which makes her a lot weaker. This will be a huge detriment to her in Part 4, unless she joins back with it. I guess her growths are really good to make up for that fact, especially since she is a laguz queen. I feel like she's workable around, though she'll be hard to use.

- Rafiel recieved a huge, huge buff by coming at lv32 especially with the way his galdr functions. But he also recieved a huge nerf by having his gauge only charge when he's hit, meaning he's stuck to 5-7 (with celerity) move for almost the whole game. You're basically gonna have to buy cards if you want to shift him, though that'd mean you'd spend a few turns without having him galdr.

- What do I need to say about Elincia? No matter how hard she could be nerfed, she'd still be usable because Canto + Staves = win-win. On top of that, Elincia is a great combat unit. While her bases start weak, she gets huge amounts of exp thanks to how the staff mechanic works ; and once part 4 comes by, she'll also gain exp from wrecking enemies with Amiti. Elincia is just great.

- Marcia comes off as another imbue unit that is probably the "balanced falco". Stats and growths are good, so usable.

- Nealuchi is made better by the Raven's awesome gauge that means he'll stay transformed for 5 turns in the first mission. He also gets Paragon and starts at lv10, which means he'll hit 20 pretty easily if he is used. His growths are good, and he's hilariously lucky. Feeling like he can be used.

- Wow. Leanne has the most extreme gauge of the game. It's not like she could be made to fight anything else than mages with that durability though. But yeah, that's hilariously extreme. She has huge move when shifted, and stay shifted for 5 turns if there's no long range enemy. Leanne can probably be great.

- Haar, despite the nerfs, is probably still pretty good. I'm sure he can be used, unless the number of Thunder Mages hugely improved.

- I'm not sure if you changed any of Nephie's base. Though you made a slight mistake on her T3 averages. Sure she's usable.

- Brom is really, really weird. Low speed growth. Huge strength growth. Average def. Huge health. Scrub level res. I'm not sure it's possible to make him work, to be honest.

- What the hell is with Heather? Damn, I wish she could use Wind Magic now instead of being stuck to cards to deal damage. She'll be an incredible mage killer, and have some incredible sustain if you give her imbue. Those stats are stlil weird though. But I feel she is usable and with her own great niche.

- Lucia is the balanced swordmaster, who is a mix of Edward and Zihark. Her stats are good in every area, which make her like Tauroneo a clutch unit if you got screwed. The issue of giving her experience remains, Once you get over that, she'll be perfectly usable.

- For Lethe, I just don't know what to say. I'm not sure it's possible to make her work with her stats. She's got literally no upsides to me. However, the fact that she needs "only" three battles not to lose any gauge point might make her okay. I feel that her low level might help her to get some stats, but that's only if her growths work.

- Mordecai is as weird as Lethe. Again, low level might be of help here.

- Geoffrey is obviously the balanced Lance Knight. Don't have a lot to say about him, though the low base speed is pretty harsh here imo. I guess that's to salvage Oscar and make of him the speedy cavalier?

- Kieran is the general-like Axe Knight (probably in opposition to Titania). That's pretty good considering there aren't any mages on Elincia's Royal Guard Chapters iirc. He's workable around.

- Same goes for Makalov, who in additions gets nice stats to get over his pretty poor availability.

- Astrid will be great. Seriously, I just feel like with her setup, there's no need to worry about her. She's got Paragon with instant Physic access + Bows with the changes, which means there are no problems for her. Any unit with that setup is able to be used. In addition, she's got great growths to start off. While her defense stat might be meh, she won't be often in the frontlines, so that's okay.

- Danved, just like everyone else pointed out, is one of these wonky units you never know if they'll work or not. He doesn't look bad, but doesn't look good either. I don't know.

- Callil looks pretty good, with her stats + growths combo. I think it's easy to work with her.

Got over all the characters.

Now I'm just waiting to play it once more. :D

Hard nerf on Jill's strength growth, whoah.

Using some theory here :

- Edward is a weird one. While he'll probably be good due to his strength + def, I think his speed might give him trouble against cats in 6-3. He'll be sturdy for sure, but I don't think we'll expect him to double later on in the game unless Calabdog is changed to grant speed.

Think of Edward as a Hero rather than a SM. Caladbolg actually gives him +LCK/DEF and -SPD. He's meant to be the tankiest SM but has the lowest speed. His base stat will carry him through part 1 though.

- Nolan is fairly good. While I don't think he'll end up great, he's probably a good unit for the DB. Though in Hard Mode, there's no weapon triangle, making him slightly weaker than his normal mode counterpart. (because I guess he's fairly balanced due to being the only DB unit along Jill that has access to axes for a while) He's that kind of unit that's too much of a mixed bag to make him work in the end... Though the Hand Axe can fix some of his issues, and he has some nice skill to make it hit. He still has the Earth Affinity, and a nice weapon rank.

Keep in mind that having low/lower STR isn't that much on a detriment in this hack, because DEF/RES values are generally lower, including for enemies.

- Ilyana looks like a wonky unit. While I'm a fan of the design choice, I'm not sure if the cap isn't too low for her. Her speed on the long run will be a detriment. But literally, who cares when she has free access to Bolting, a Bolting you get early on nonetheless. Ilyana is made great in part 1 just due to that design choice. Not sure if she'll stay great in part 3.

Ilyana is surprisingly borderline OP and that's pretty much based on the map design and stats enemies have in the longrun. I had to actually nerf her recently.

Many Dracos exist in part 3 and her def is one of the best in the game. Do keep in mind that since DEF/RES values are generally lower across the board and HP values are way higher. Ilyana is very tanky and her low speed is her only issue lategame. Thunder magic is ridiculously strong, especially Thoron/Rexbolt.

- I feel like Aran's niche is kinda weird. I mean, his defense cap is imo way too low to be worth, unless the enemies' attack cap very low in Part 1. That's a nice incitation to early promos though. I just think it could be buffed to 16 early on. But this pretty much is from pure stats here and not in-game experience.

Again, don't compare DEF from the original game. Aran's DEF is one of the best, And still has great STR. The most important thing is that his base stats are better. He's very solid overall.

- While Meg has wonky growths, I'm 100% sure it's possible to make something out of her. She has a huge HP, speed and strength growth, along balanced defensive stats, which make her already good. She also starts with the highest defense stat in the team. Her skill is very low, but it's easily fixable thanks to her Heaven affinity. It's just the kind of unit I want to make work.

Meg is great, period. High base HP/DEF and provoke available from her join time. That alone makes her relevant from the start, especially for 1-5. Good overall stats for the long run.

- Volug is another weirdo, though iirc he gains normal exp until lv20, am I right? I think he's workable, but that depends on how his growths work with you. His gauge is pretty good too.

Yes. Volug is good and if he's not good enough for part 3 then improving his Laguz gauge even further would be a good way to start. On average his lvl 12 stats make him pretty strong for part 3 though and there's a Laguz Gem for 3-11 or 3-12.

- Tauroneo looks like that balanced clutch unit. I feel like you'll make him super trainable during 3-12 by having him face a lot of enemies, but I kinda fear he'll come underlevelled at the time. His stats will obviously end up good, though the issue will be how 3-12 will allow us to train him.

Tauroneo is deploy-able on every map now except 1-8.

- Jill looks like another weird design choice, but I like it, especially since she's the only female Dragon Master, which allows you to play with her caps without annoying Haar. She's very different from Haar now, and she'll still be very useful with Anti-Laguz + Brave Axe, especially with her mixed defenses. Sure she's 100% workable.

She's great on the virtue of low STR not being that much of a detriment anymore in terms of damage. Sure, she'll get weighed down by high tier axes but she'll almost always double and has good defensive stats,

- Zihark looks like the opposite of Edward. He's more magic and speed based, in opposition to Edward's strength and def. Not sure if there are reasons to use both at the same time, but I think it'll be harder to make Zihark work due to his low strength, unless you added magical swords for him to use because Imbue might not be the solution here, especially when you don't have 20 imbues to spread to all the magic-based units.

Magic weapons now exist in the game -- the wind swords all scale from magic for instance.

- Fiona is the epitome of a balanced unit. She recieved a lot of buffs to get to that state, but I'm almost certain you can make her work, especially with that movement stat. The lack of Saviour might make her harder to protect on Chapter 6-2 due to her lower speed though, so I'm kinda scared about that. However, Staff access + great tankiness with Imbue makes her a great unit on the DB Part 3 chapters. I'm sure she's usable.

She's a great support unit even if you just throw a master seal on her upon joining. Nothing stellar but always a solid unit.

- And now we get to the trio of "how will you make them flipping work". Tormod is probably the easiest of the three to get to be usable. You simply need to reduce the res of 4-3 units for him to deal damage, and he'll be able to snatch kills. His growths make of him obviously an Est unit, while his bases make him slightly good for the DB, which is nice. I think he can be usable.

Promotion gains are what matter. They really tie in with his "I wish I could grow like Sothe" personally gimmick too. =p

- Muarim, just like Tormod, has great growths, though will be harder to be usable, especially since... he's a laguz. I feel like it'd be better if he started with a higher strike rank. Else, he looks good.

BEXP combined with his low-ish base level are what make him good. He's perfectly usable in 4-4 combined with high EXP gains.

- Now, the unit I'm the most sceptical on is obviously Vika. While her growths are obviously great, I'm not even sure it is possible to make her work. The only way for that is to begin with to feed her units on Micaiah's part while everybody else needs the exp, and again to feed her units on Tormod's chapter... if she can damage them. I feel like the first step would be to have her strike rank go super fast, if that's not already the case. This way, even without a great training, she hits hard. Her gauge is probably the best in the whole game, I suppose, which make her having a huge advantage.

Her strike rank does go super fast. And BEXP when she returns makes her really good.

- Brom is really, really weird. Low speed growth. Huge strength growth. Average def. Huge health. Scrub level res. I'm not sure it's possible to make him work, to be honest.

Average DEF? He has the highest DEF in the entire game and water affinity which boosts it even further.

- What the hell is with Heather? Damn, I wish she could use Wind Magic now instead of being stuck to cards to deal damage. She'll be an incredible mage killer, and have some incredible sustain if you give her imbue. Those stats are stlil weird though. But I feel she is usable and with her own great niche.

She can use a new dagger that has the brave effect and deals magic damage. Needless the say, she is very good.

- Mordecai is as weird as Lethe. Again, low level might be of help here.

Keep in mind that these Laguz are gaining ~60 EXP per kill for quite a while. They're good. You also get Laguz gems more often (although they are single use) and get more avaliability.

Laguz actually grow in this hack (actually gaining EXP) , keep that in mind.

- Geoffrey is obviously the balanced Lance Knight. Don't have a lot to say about him, though the low base speed is pretty harsh here imo. I guess that's to salvage Oscar and make of him the speedy cavalier?

Geoffrey can easily reach 20/1 by 3-9 in time for part 4. Should explain how usable he is.

- Kieran is the general-like Axe Knight (probably in opposition to Titania). That's pretty good considering there aren't any mages on Elincia's Royal Guard Chapters iirc. He's workable around.

I think you need to understand that enemy classes/placement/AI etc... are very different in this hack. There are far more mage enemies. Regardless, Kieran still is very strong.

- Danved, just like everyone else pointed out, is one of these wonky units you never know if they'll work or not. He doesn't look bad, but doesn't look good either. I don't know.

Danved is ridiculously good before late part 4. Although it'll be more obvious when you actually play it. He's reasonably bulky, has huge offence and high avoid. Plus can use the Demon Lance(magic based weapon) very well which also grants him defence. He's borderline too powerful if anything.

Responses in bold. Just to clarify a few things.

EDIT: It's worth mentioning that Laguz are also better now because lacking 2-range is less important. Overall there's a lot less 2 range enemies including mages (thunder/dark magic). Meaning that retaliating on enemy phase is less of an issue.

Oh and Cats have canto now, as well as really fast weapon ranks and innate crit. This is fairly significant for Lethe.

Mordecai with a speedwing is pretty much the tankiest unit you have as well. Dodge tanking is no longer all that viable at all which makes units like Morde and Brom all the more better. Also units like Edward, Meg, Aran etc...

Edited by DLuna

Alright! Thanks for the answers!

What about Wind on Bishop (instead of Saint) Laura though? You didn't give an answer for that.

Giving Laura Wind instead of Light in tier 2 doesn't fit her class even though it lowers the overlap between her and Micaiah (The latter can use Dark instead, of course).

However, there is a strat you can do which involves:

• Get Laura to LV10 by 1-4 or 1-5 and instant promote.
  • Throw Sothe's paragon onto her. The gives her 30+ EXP per staff usage.
  • She can easily reach level 15+ by part 3. Give her a master crown you can buy in 3-6. Arm Scroll for Elwind as well. Suddenly you have a really powerful 3 range caster. Which is great because you'll also be fighting hawks now in 3-6.

She does miss out on a lot of levels with this but she'd be very powerful for the remainder of the game except for strictly endgame.

You can do a similar thing with Fiona but not quite as effective IMO. Still pretty good though -- with the same setup you can give her a silver or brave bow in 3-6. Leo would rather rock a longbow/lugh so there's low competition for them. Again, good to deal with the fliers that exist.

So... there's that.

Edited by DLuna

Thanks for the Update DLuna, now I can see better the changes and how so powerful the units would be in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey! Really fun demo so far.

Just wanted to point out an error, in case it's not come up yet. For whatever damn reason, Dheginsea shows up in 1-6-2, a few tiles down from the first ballista. With his endgame stats. And he automatically runs in and smites Micaiah with his dragon breath because there's no way to get out of his range.

Hey! Really fun demo so far.

Just wanted to point out an error, in case it's not come up yet. For whatever damn reason, Dheginsea shows up in 1-6-2, a few tiles down from the first ballista. With his endgame stats. And he automatically runs in and smites Micaiah with his dragon breath because there's no way to get out of his range.

... Haha. That sounds hilarious.

... Haha. That sounds hilarious.

It was sorta funny. Finally beat 1-6-1 and got excited for the new chapter. When it loaded, you can see a flying black dragon on the screen and I just kinda wigged out for a moment, but didn't exit the menu. "Wow, a black dragon this early. That's new. No idea who this person is." Didn't recognize the model at first. Was thinking Dluna added in Kurth early or something.

Then I open the level and just go "well fuck."

So THAT's the surprise DLuna used to stop progregression at the end of the demo's content, huh. I never got to play the demo 'til the end (it crashed when loading 1-3 on my PAL Wii with Wiiflow; I might try GX Loader as someone else said they had no problems with it).

I wonder if you can use a combination of Guard, Miracle and a lot of RNG luck to survive him.

Also, since the Savior skill (no penalties from rescuing) is used as a different command from Rescue (similar to Smite vs shove, unless I remember wrong), does the NPC-controlled Fiona in 1-6-2 rescue the kid using Savior or Rescue?

Dheginsea: "You shall not move. "

For those waiting for a playtest / next release I've had some further disruptions so there's been another delay. Worst comes to worse I can release a new version for every new map that's fully complete going forward. Not ideal -- but it's good for feedback and consistently gives you something to play/test, I suppose. I'll update shortly.

In any case, I've been finalising the weapon/item balance so I'll release the full details for that in the near future. Along with the Greil Mercenaries.

Dheginsea: "You shall not move. "

For those waiting for a playtest / next release I've had some further disruptions so there's been another delay. Worst comes to worse I can release a new version for every new map that's fully complete going forward. Not ideal -- but it's good for feedback and consistently gives you something to play/test, I suppose. I'll update shortly.

In any case, I've been finalising the weapon/item balance so I'll release the full details for that in the near future. Along with the Greil Mercenaries.

A map by map release would be amazing. (as long as there is no need to restart with each release)

A map by map release would be amazing. (as long as there is no need to restart with each release)

Agreed. I wouldn't mind that, as that would mean that we could save multiple slots and do a map, and then redo a map with tweaks without necessarily having to play through the game each time to try a map out.