Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You/we could even agree on certain people maining different units on the "test" playthrough this way, and compare notes after each map.

Not a bad idea.

Then again, this hack is balanced in a way that almost every unit can be trained/used in time for part 4. But obviously some units would be given more resources over another.

Some exceptions to that rule are mostly in part 3. Unit deployment slots are higher, but I doubt you're going to want to train more than 3-4 combat Laguz. You'll want to kill off some of those fodder in CH3-F to clear it quicker perhaps (there's no deployment limit on that map). Otherwise, you may want to stick to just one of the armors or bench-off someone like Rolf/Boyd/Soren if they fall behind (compared to other GMs they are more growth-based than having strong bases).

Aside from that, you're going to want to use/train every dawn brigade member -- at least to the point of promoting them in part 1. And the Crimean knights are so powerful at base that even promoting them at 10 should be sufficient to make them useful (And I will just buff bases/lower growths if people do not find that to be true). Master crowns are 1000g with infinite purchase in part 4. So getting every unit to level 14-16 is completely feasible.

You'll end up using 80% of the cast come part 4 and whoever you use for Endgame will essentially be the units who have turned out the best.

Low-manning this hack is extremely difficult and I've made sure of that. Unit durability, avoid rates and biorhythm all account for this. And player phase should be a lot more important than enemy phase.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind that, as that would mean that we could save multiple slots and do a map, and then redo a map with tweaks without necessarily having to play through the game each time to try a map out.

Don't worry, I'd make sure that is not the case.

In fact, the main reason I proposed restarts before is because of remade maps earlier in the game. A map-by-map release will ensure that every map is close to complete when I do release it.

Edited by DLuna

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to incorporate the unused music in this game for the ReDux sorta like how the FE6 Redux used the trial map theme in the main game. Probably not though.

Edited by BlueTetri619

I want to play this hack but it's not patching correctly. I'm using what I think is the standard ISO for Radiant Dawn. When I use PFF O Matic, one of the patches causes POM to crash and the other patch gets inserted but doesn't work when I boot up the ISO on Dolphin.

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

All weapon data is now listed in the OP.

Units have all been updated too. The Greil Mercenaries have been added.

For those wondering why stats have been lowered across the board, it's just the case of stat inflation being toned down and skill activation rates being normalized. However keep in mind that in terms of the weight on gameplay, not much has changed. If everyone's SKL and SPD has been reduced by 3, nothing changes in regards to hitrates or ability to double. It's mainly just a visual shift in numbers (closer to GBA/FE9 values).

Obviously, things are still going to change going forward and you can see that a few units in particular have been altered quite a bit already. Jill being a good example.

EDIT: Also, you'll notice that weapon durability is quite a bit lower now. There are a number of good reasons for this, but the main ones are just so weapon management is appropriate for the availability of each unit and weapon (due to the nature of the game compared to others) and the fact that it gives me more room to make higher rank weapons more powerful. It also means that starting equipment won't last as long -- which is good thing as there was too much gold value on new units joining.

You will be given enough gold to appropriately replace weapons of course. That's all taken into account. Higher tier weapons are now comparatively quite cheap in contrast to the original game.

Edited by DLuna

I think Ranulf's got Reyson's growths.

Ohhhhhhh, Runic Edge, eh? Seems like a good magekiller.

Are ranged swords magic-based on melee too, or only at range, like I remember you saying Ragnell was?

Edited by Mr. Mister

is there going to be a blade lord shinon

Frontline crossbowman.

(If Shinon is too weak I can nerf the weight of crossbows further... but I feel he's in a good spot -- strong early, falls off a bit later)

Ohhhhhhh, Runic Edge, eh? Seems like a good magekiller.

Are ranged swords magic-based on melee too, or only at range, like I remember you saying Ragnell was?

Ranged swords are almost always magical (both melee and range).

Ragnell is physical and Alondite is magical.

The dark weapons are really strong against thunder magi (high DEF, low RES).

Edited by DLuna

Dark tome's effect meant -5 damage INFLICTED AGAINST physical weapons not TAKEN FROM, right? Knives not included?

Dark magic reduces damage taken by swords/lances/axes by 5.

So.. it's really powerful overall but only has 1-range. Thunder magic is overall better offensively and higher-rank dark tomes are super heavy. Micaiah can have hit issues with most of them (or gets weighed down). Soren is really squishy and Pelleas is... a pseudo-Est, I suppose.

EDIT: Oh, and light magic does +8 damage to a dark magic/weapon.

Edited by DLuna

Now that I check it, Micaiah can only carry Worm before the late game (unless she get extremely STR Blessed) without suffering big SPD-Losses... Just a small I think I noticed (Same with Nosferatu... and Now that I look the Light Magic Stats, now the weapons have critical chance with in FE7/8, that is cool) xD

Now that I'm thinking about... Light Magic higher critical chance makes completely sense because this magic is based on Faith... And people when have bad luck or make a bad move, they in many cases try to pray (?) for a critical xD

While I was looking through the updated unit data you posted on Thursday, I noticed a few inconsistencies in stat caps between characters of the same class.

1. Leonardo's Marksman caps are listed as 36 in STR, 36 in SPD, and 24 in MAG. Shinon's Marksman caps in these same stats are respectively listed as 36, 37, and 24, while Rolf's Marksman caps are listed respectively as 38, 38, and 22.

2. Mia's HP gain upon promotion to Trueblade is listed as +13, but Lucia's HP gain upon promotion to Trueblade is listed as +12.

I'm pretty sure all characters of the same class should have the same stat caps and promotion gains, so are these inconsistencies an oversight?

Edited by Elite Lord Sigma

While I was looking through the updated unit data you posted on Thursday, I noticed a few inconsistencies in stat caps between characters of the same class.

1. Leonardo's Marksman caps are listed as 36 in STR, 36 in SPD, and 24 in MAG. Shinon's Marksman caps in these same stats are respectively listed as 36, 37, and 24, while Rolf's Marksman caps are listed respectively as 38, 38, and 22.

2. Mia's HP gain upon promotion to Trueblade is listed as +13, but Lucia's HP gain upon promotion to Trueblade is listed as +12.

I'm pretty sure all characters of the same class should have the same stat caps and promotion gains, so are these inconsistencies an oversight?

I think this inconsistencies are purposly do by DLuna for balance reasons (like with other classes).

Edited by Troykv

Actually, Elite Lord Sigma is correct. When I downscaled caps/promotion gains recently I seem to have left some inconsistencies.

Marksman caps are 37 STR, 24 MAG and 37 SPD.

F!Trueblade HP gain is 13.

On the topic of class caps being shared for certain units, it must be said that often times they may seem really high/generous. The intention is that the caps of any particular unit shouldn't screw them over or make them cap too early. This leaves Marksman with a really good STR cap (for Rolf) extremely high SKL cap (for Leo) and a very high SPD cap (For Shinon). Another great example is the M!Sentinal (Aran, Danved and Levail). You can theoretically use stat boosts (or good ol' RNG blessing) to make a monster of a unit. But that either requires huge investment and/or a lot of luck for the most part.