Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, DLuna! The project looks awesome so far.

I was just wondering if you had plans to change which units are required for the endgame. Personally, I always disliked having so many required units because it really limits team options at the end, especially with such a large cast. I know the required units are all there for story purposes, though so I can see why it might not be on your agenda.

Keep up the good work :)

Is the next patch going to be just adding part 2 or will some of part 3 be included as well?

Not sure yet. But either way, they'll be chapter-by-chapter releases after the next update. So there won't be too much wait for part 3 action.

Hey, DLuna! The project looks awesome so far.

I was just wondering if you had plans to change which units are required for the endgame. Personally, I always disliked having so many required units because it really limits team options at the end, especially with such a large cast. I know the required units are all there for story purposes, though so I can see why it might not be on your agenda.

Keep up the good work :)

The forced units will be the same but they'll likely be some room to bring more units.

The idea will be that you can deploy quite a bit more in 4-F-1 (around 22-24). But the unit slots will be lower in 4-F-2 and beyond (~15). So you can drop the 'forced' units if you want. Aside from Ike and Micaiah.

This creates the potential to 'swap' units between the endgame maps too. You can for example; bring Ilyana to 4-F-1 and then only deploy her on 4-F-3. This can make your endgame roster quite varied. And if a unit dies on a map, then you can substitute them if need be. And based on the difficulty that these maps will have... yeah, don't be surprised to have a few sacrifices along the way (but does make the difficulty a lot more appropriate when you're not as punished for not resetting). The Laguz royals play quite well into this as well. While they're quite a bit weaker than before (no formshift) they're good substitutes. I mean, Caineghis is no Lyre (lol) but still plenty strong.

Heather's gonna kick so much ass with cards and dragon fangs.

Imbue-Adept-A/Soren-DragonFang!Heather is truly a spectacle to behold, I'll give you that... She works really well with Stillness as well.

But she gets mostly 2-shot by any physical damage. So there's that, I suppose.

Edited by DLuna

Sweet. More than the other units, it always bugged me that Ena and Kurth were required after the player was never once able to use them prior to that point. They had such little utility in the tower (aside from 4-F-3, or otherwise for their Tide skills) without slapping a bunch of skills and stat boosters on them and most of your remaining BEXP.

And Sanaki sort of makes Calill and Tormod redundant, not that Tormod would really be viable anyway...

So your idea would be a welcome change. You're really addressing most of my gripes with this game.

Sweet. More than the other units, it always bugged me that Ena and Kurth were required after the player was never once able to use them prior to that point. They had such little utility in the tower (aside from 4-F-3, or otherwise for their Tide skills) without slapping a bunch of skills and stat boosters on them and most of your remaining BEXP.

And Sanaki sort of makes Calill and Tormod redundant, not that Tormod would really be viable anyway...

So your idea would be a welcome change. You're really addressing most of my gripes with this game.

Well, Kurth and Ena are both a lot stronger at base, so that's less of an issue.

Tormod's decent as well. 15/1 (with or without BEXP) makes him good enough for 4-4.

Sanaki now wants to use Cymbeline over Rexflame (the +SPD doesn't really do anything for her and Cymbeline has ridiculous MT) so using both is of no consequence.

Well, Kurth and Ena are both a lot stronger at base, so that's less of an issue.

Tormod's decent as well. 15/1 (with or without BEXP) makes him good enough for 4-4.

Sanaki now wants to use Cymbeline over Rexflame (the +SPD doesn't really do anything for her and Cymbeline has ridiculous MT) so using both is of no consequence.

Cymbeline is really powerful o.o

____

Now that I check it, I find funny how Boyd has negative promotional "bonuses" in Magic and Skill xD

Now that I check it, I find funny how Boyd has negative promotional "bonuses" in Magic and Skill xD

Warriors now promote to Berserkers who have +20% crit.

Granted, Boyd's SKL is terrible so his crit % won't be super high still, but it certainly helps his offense even more.

Cymbeline is really powerful o.o

Cymbeline is extremely powerful, yes. However, Sanaki cannot really double reliably while also not have the range of Soren or the bulk of Ilyana/Pelleas. Nor any staff utility. Therefore she has the highest raw damage of any mage in the game in a single attack (also has a magic cap of 48).

Edited by DLuna

I thought of a few questions over the past few days.

First, why weren't stats for Sigrun and Tanith included with those of the other Part 3 characters? It's not really a problem; I'm just wondering why they're not there.

Second, do Warriors and Berserkers still have crossbow access, or is that gone now?

I thought of a few questions over the past few days.

First, why weren't stats for Sigrun and Tanith included with those of the other Part 3 characters? It's not really a problem; I'm just wondering why they're not there.

Second, do Warriors and Berserkers still have crossbow access, or is that gone now?

It's units up until 3-4. Otherwise Reyson would be on there as well.

Yes, Warriors/Zerkers can still use crossbows. In fact a promoted Nolan in time for 1-6 is a godsend against all the pegasi you're against (you can buy a bowgun here).

Will you make anyone start with Srhiek?

Nah. You can steal a scroll in 1-7 for whatever it's worth, though.

I want to play this hack but it's not patching correctly. I'm using what I think is the standard ISO for Radiant Dawn. When I use PFF O Matic, one of the patches causes POM to crash and the other patch gets inserted but doesn't work when I boot up the ISO on Dolphin.

Pretty much having the exact same problem. Would it be possible to get that solution?

Edited by leingodf8

Two or so weeks ago DLune uploaded the OP's info charts about stats of Part 3's units, so a good guess is that, map-wise, DLuna is making his way through the latter half of Part 3.

He also uploaded info charts on weapons, and they're a pretty interesting read. Keep in mind when looking at tomes that the WTA bonuses and penalties have also been heeavily changed, specially between magic types, which receive different bonuses/penalties depending on which magic types clash in battle. There's no updated WTA chart on the OP though, so just take my word on this.

The latest public demo release is still the same as almost a year ago, and includes up to chapter 1-6-1, but IIRC it predates the important changes to Anima magic range and Wind Edge becoming wind magic based. You can try it if you haven't yet, but it's far from where the hack is currently at, I imagine. PM if you have trouble patching it into your backup.

Oh, and the current plan is, once Part 3 or enough of it and all the underlying mechanism changes have been done, switch to a one-map-at-a-time public release schedule for Part 4, each subsequent release backwards-compatible, to provide feedback.

Heey man, i liked the redux pretty much, offers more challenge than the normal game, which i appreciate. But, the problem is that i'm in Part 1 chapter 6 stage 2 and there is a broken Dheginsea that just, well, destroys my army, is that supposed to be or is it a bug? And sorry if my english isn't really that good, not my original language.

You think you could rename Heather's tier 3 class to something different from Sothe's, like Trickster? It's to make him promoting via divine intervention rather than by standard means make a difference.

I know it's possible because Heather's a different class than Sothe, and their stat differences are too major in thematic as to consider them the same class.

• 2 weeks later...

You think you could rename Heather's tier 3 class to something different from Sothe's, like Trickster? It's to make him promoting via divine intervention rather than by standard means make a difference.

I know it's possible because Heather's a different class than Sothe, and their stat differences are too major in thematic as to consider them the same class.

Which would be good names for both Sothe's and Heather's Tier 3 Class?

I don't think Largo has unit data so unfortunately, I don't think it will be possible without creating models and expanding data.

In what context? The difficulty will be much higher, with also nothing left to exploit (Like Haar, royals, or earth supps etc...). At least, that's the intention.

This is a year old post, I know, but I have two ideas for making Largo, an easier one, and a harder one.

The easy idea is to make Largo of the Warrior(SP) class.

The harder idea is to make Largo of the Reaver class, but using a Generic Helmeted Warrior model(as the only Reaver models are Boyd+Nolan).

Edited by Emperor Hardin