Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

3 hours ago, Dunal said:

(In case it wasn't in humor) By "new year's" I mean... tomorrow! For now it'll only be up to 2-2 though. Each map will be released separately from there.

Freaking yes!

I thought you said previously that part 2 was already complete?...but it's no matter, I'm just excited to finally get my hands on this! Good luck with this project in the new year, hope you keep up the progress, it seems like there is a lot of (well deserved) interest in this project. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently doing some difficulty tweaks to 1-E and then the release will proceed as planned. There likely won't be any log changes to the OP for the time being (so those will be outdated for a bit) but I plan to fix that by the end of the week.

Patch is HERE. Feel free to provide as much feedback as you feel necessary.

For those who haven't patched before -- keep in mind that there are two versions of the US ISO so one of the patches should work for each one. If one fails, try the other.

Any further issues, give me a PM. Keep in mind that the release currently only supports emulation; modded Wiis currently will fail past CH1-1, unless someone knows an immediate fix for that. Will be investigated in the future though.

Edited by Dunal

1 hour ago, Roarak said:

Neither patch works for me, Patch A crashes on Load and Patch B crashed on the Main Menu. I am using a fresh, to my knowledge, USA Radiant Dawn

The patch worked perfectly for me. I think the issue must be with your ROM, try a different one?

I'm thoroughly enjoying this so far. I love what you did with the new mage classes, they all feel very different aside from just using different tomes. 

So, since youhavent updated the OP yet, did you leave the supports the same as in the OP or will i be in for a rude awakening?                                                                             EDIT: nevermind i should think before asking questions

Edited by austinxhensl

I'm having a blast playing this hack! I have a couple photos to share with some questions and thoughts affiliated with them :)

https://imgur.com/a/7PK3l

This is a picture of Micaiah using Resire on the 2nd mission to annihilate the longbowman. I'm surprised you made it so easy to 1 shot that longbow unit from this position, but maybe I just got lucky stats from level ups? Resire felt extremely too powerful for the few beginning chapters and I think it should have been a C class spell so that it's not too OP in the beginning since Micaiah starts the game with level D in light magic. This would force players to use some light magic before auto using dark magic for almost everything. 

Speaking of Micaiah, why does her Magic cap so low? I reached her magic cap at level 11 at the end of part 1-4. Would have loved for it to be higher as she'll probably be my main mage for healing during endgame like she always is. 

https://imgur.com/a/pfcfN

I don't know if the above picture is a bug or not, but I was under the impression that all bronze weapons gave triple the weapon experience. I don't even understand why the bronze knife would even be in the game if it doesn't give triple exp because you can just forge a iron knife from the beginning. Also, the 1 damage bronze knife is so tiny haha.

https://imgur.com/a/nN7Yq

This is my Meg at the end of Chapter 5. I'm curious as to how important skill is on her? Do you guys think I should save her promotion til after I get some more BEXP to get that skill higher or should I just promote her now? The 2 skill she currently has comes from the Secret Book. So far she hasn't had any problems hitting anything thanks to Shadow's "Plz Hit" Sword, but I have no clue how she will end up later on. 

Thank you so much for releasing this for everyone :)

For anyone that currently had issues, I shall respond to all of you individually in the evening.

It might be that there are additional versions of the ISO out there, so I can possibly create additional patches for each. Otherwise, there'll be an alternative solution for the time being.

@CrippledSponge Resire is fairly inaccurate and weighs Micaiah down early on. Then its damage falls off later. Resire is mostly a tool for Micaiah to heal herself in order to use Sacrifice more efficiently. Situationally it can be powerful of course.

Micaiah caps magic on average at level 16/17. This is so that if players don't focus on levelling her then her promo bonuses can keep her relevant later into the game. The alternative would be to increase her tier 1 cap but lower promo bonuses, but that punishes players who don't heavily invest in her or get RNG screwed. In other words, she's designed around being RNG proof, or so that the player doesn't really need to invest too much in her. With Stillness in 1-9, you can even power level a really under-levelled one if you wanted.

Just promote Meg. Unless you really want to increase it with BEXP or something. But that investment is really weak/inefficient compared to using it elsewhere. Accurate weaponry and supports should keep her hit rates stable. And even if she's sometimes inaccurate that's just part of her balance. Make her focus enemies with bad biorhythm.

All Bronze weapons provide extra WEXP. Bronze Knife's description just hasn't been updated.

Couldnt get this to work with my first rom downlod another rom that patched successful when i opened it says something about error with path of radience save i guess its not compatible with path of radience bonuses? Havent played yet cuz of work looking forward to starting tonight

Also another thing that came to mind i remember you changed the availibility of lyre to be playable earlier any chance you can make vika muriam and turmod playable in more chapters somehow? There are so few chapters when you can use them 

14 minutes ago, flare9 said:

Actually how do i know if patch worked? After patching my .ciso that says patched successful miciah leonardo and edward base stats are same as original game is that correct?

You'll know the patch works when you go to start a new game and choose a difficulty, instead of "Normal" mode it will say "Normal ReDux" or something like that.

I know that DLuna asks throughout this topic for PMessages to issues with patching but now I see some others are having trouble I figured I might as well mention my own issue.

I've been using a couple of different fresh US roms, as well as both versions of the newest patch, and PFF-omatic as recommended, but nothing seems to have changed. Base stats, classes, weapon types, and enemies in prologue are still the same. Same as flare9's issue now I believe.

Very excited for this project though!

Edited by Carreau Diamond

I guess I'll try explaining how I did it. I made 2 copies of the basic FE ROM (unmodified) and separated both of those copies into 2 folders. I labeled those Folders "A" and "B" to not get confused when patching. Use the PFF-omatic to try mixing the FE ROM in folder A with the corresponding patch. Then try to play it on Dolphin, if you get a bunch of errors then that means that isn't the correct patch for you. Then, open PFF-omatic again and try patching the other unmodified ROM in folder B with it's corresponding patch. Open Dolphin and try playing through folder B. That should work.

29 minutes ago, CrippledSponge said:

I guess I'll try explaining how I did it. I made 2 copies of the basic FE ROM (unmodified) and separated both of those copies into 2 folders. I labeled those Folders "A" and "B" to not get confused when patching. Use the PFF-omatic to try mixing the FE ROM in folder A with the corresponding patch. Then try to play it on Dolphin, if you get a bunch of errors then that means that isn't the correct patch for you. Then, open PFF-omatic again and try patching the other unmodified ROM in folder B with it's corresponding patch. Open Dolphin and try playing through folder B. That should work.

Thanks Mr Mister's 'tip' worked with patch A instead of B