Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

Gonna have to stop playing (am at second half of 1-6-2) for two weeks to focus on exams, and right now I don't have time to properly redact current feedback, but I just wanted to thank you for one more thing:

KillerBow Leo and WaoDao Edward make for amazing Gamblers; the first gets 40-60 crit at 50-75 hit, and the latter gets 50-66 crit (which is gonna go further beyond when he promotes) at 60-80, depending on supports; of course this is 100% hit when in Wrath range.

Gamble is finally fun to use.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Mr. Mister said:

KillerBow Leo and WaoDao Edward make for amazing Gamblers; the first gets 40-60 crit at 50-75 hit, and the latter gets 50-66 crit (which is gonna go further beyond when he promotes) at 60-80, depending on supports; of course this is 100% hit when in Wrath range.

Gamble is finally fun to use.

I second that, hard. So fun to use.

Supporting either (or Zihark/Ilyana) with Meg can make for some really good gamble builds as well. Combined with worst biorhythm enemies and/or Leo's 'Focus' (after promotion) and you can easily retain near 100% hitrates with it.

Heaven might just be the best affinity type for a lot of units. Actually still contemplating making Laura's affinity heaven as well (she borderline needs a nerf anyway if her part 3 performance says anything. It would give her less AVO while she rarely needs the extra HIT herself... but could be nifty for certain support partners).

Edited by Dunal

Finished 1-6-2 despite the urgency to study; I really do like the myriad of naturally-emerging puzzle-like situations that result from me playing pseudo-LTC-ly while getting all the loot and taking all the paths in each map. I had to sit down for half an hour at the penultimate turn of 1-5 doing some number crunching in a paper to find the option that would minimise the chances of anyone dying, be it Edward back in the deployment area from a Meteor across the map; kill the boss that turn, but that involved first killing or shoving another enemy outta the way and stealing the boss's skill, which costed actions, and if so, exposed Volug or Meg to 4-hit kills, unless I Sacrificed Volug first back to health, but leaving a 1HP micaiah in range of an elfire (though simply 40% to hit her Ruin, while leading the mage away from the others), and even so depending on positioning Volug had to chunk some pure water as well, so he could only block...

If my calculations were right, the path I ended up taking had around a global 27% chance to end in either a death or the priest with boots outside of my range the last turn, and it relied on either of two stats increasing during levelup. Glad I succeded.

1-6-2 was even worse when the dracos showed up; I managed to survive a 34% failure scenario by passing a killing edge around 5 units each of which had to attack, heal, drop or shove, before Eddie grabbed it and wrath-gambled on OHKO.

Why the droppable greatsword on the Murago knight while he's still an enemy though?

Comments about REDUX VERSION. I should have done this from the beginning, but I'll redo it later when I make a second playthrough.

Part 1-6:1
     This map was pretty straightforward. Make a square out of all of your units and hide the weak ones in the middle. Send meg+1 other unit to clear the right side. Map was pretty easy after the first 2-3 turns. I will note that I did exp abuse Micaiah at the end of this chapter on the enemy unit with the physic. Since her Speed + base Magic was so low, she could safely attack that unit while standing on the green tile that heals her each turn. I used all of her basic Light Tome on that enemy unit to get roughly 3-4 levels I think. After that tome broke, I stopped and ended the chapter.  

Part 1-6:2
     I'm not sure why there are 3 pegasus units behind you in the starting map but this map felt a little bit underwhelming compared to the other maps. Leonardo insta kills a pegasus unit with a forged max dmg bow. Send 2-3 high def units to hold the bridge and several units to the right to kill the boulder unit before green units move in. I got really nervous of the speedwing being lost when 5 more green units showed up but it turns out they killed the pegasus unit without one before they got eliminated. One of the green units did force the boss to go south to kill it which made it super easy to bait him along with the enemy speedwing unit. Overall this map felt pretty easy compared to the ones ahead. 

Part 1-7
     This map turned out to be a disaster for me because I had originally planned on using Muarium as bait to die only to find out that triggers a Game Over now :( I try not to battlesave too much. All my units are promoted at this point (Edward, Leo, Meg, Nolan, Jill(also they promoted at around levels 18-20)) so the mission wasn't all that difficult. I only try to level these 5 units plus Micaiah so they feel incredibly strong with their forged weapons. I only managed to let 1 soldier escape before levail killed the other one. The first 2-3 turns were definitely the hardest part of this chapter but after that it was really smooth. Improving Ideas: Adding a 5th blue tile to the east starting point. I don't feel like having 4 units on the left starting side is needed but the right side really could use some help with that starting position. 

Part 1-8
     Thank god you got rid of the defeat by all civilians being killed. Now I can safely ignore all of those units. I am curious however how much each of the green units is worth in BEXP if you save them. Where is Nailiah? She showed up but isn't usable anymore? I also would have loved the Beastfoe you were supposed to get in Chapter 4 right now (I guess meg has it). I was not expecting the 2 feral dragons to push so hard. They made my Nolan get split away from my team as 2 reinforcements in the North arrived at the same time the 2 feral dragons reached the island D: . Then the third Feral Dragon followed behind it. I barely managed to snag that red gem but I don't think it was even worth it. After killing all 3 feral dragons, the rest of the mission was easy. I want to never fight those feral dragons ever again!! Improving Ideas: If it's possible to make one feral dragon come towards your team at a time with a 1 turn delay in between then I feel like that could help balance it. I had to restart about 3 times and battle save hard during the battle against 2 feral dragons at the same time. They are definitely Elite units and can easily destroy your team if you don't get lucky.

Part 1-9 
     Super easy chapter. My Micaiah was already level 20 with every stat capped except for str and luck. For some reason every archer was north of the map and Micaiah never encountered a single archer by protecting the south. The BK crit Jarod so that was nice too. I don't 

Part 1-Endgame
     I'm at the shop right now and what happened to the Mend staff? The last 2 chapters I was able to buy a Mend staff but now that has been revoked..  I would have bought a couple of them if I knew that was the case. Speaking of purchasing things in the shop, how come Hand Axes or Javelins aren't sold in the armory? They are very basic weapons and since the unique shop has much better weapons, shouldn't these at lease be made available? 
     Made it to turn 4 killing all the thieves along with the stupid 4 range wind user :) .... And RIP Nolan (Tier 2 lvl 6 with silver axe, hammer, hand axe, concoction, celerity). Gonna play it out though cause that's the spirit of testing this... A promoted Meg has a body size of 6 which is half that of Edward. It doesn't make any sense for it to be so low and for edward to be able to shove her. RIP Volug (only lvl 9)... Still hurts. And Meg got crit by a mage... Time to restart the whole chapter....

Alright, I was still able to kill one of the thieves at the start of turn 4 which forced the other thief to get the lower chest making for an easy kill for me! This time, I took things a little bit slower now that I am not timed anymore. The 2 elites ending up next to each other was really bullshit. It forced me to play a super conservative playstyle and bait them down otherwise the one with the brave sword would insta KO any of my units. Honestly, I don't know why that specific elite has so much skill AND speed along with wielding one of the strongest swords in the game. The only person way to fight him directly was to force that elite to fight one of my sword users wielding the demon sword. The other elite wasn't as hard to kill and also didn't feel like an end game boss so I'd say the axe wielder elite was much more balanced. After killing the 2 elites, conquering the floor with the 2 vertical chests wasn't too difficult. The next step was for me bait the mages in the NW corner and kill them. You have to 
play this next part super conservatively because of all of the mages. BK did a great job of baiting while Leonardo decimated everyone on the upper floor without actually going up and triggering the reinforcements. Leonardo was even able to kill the wind user that couldn't move.  After Killing every unit besides the priest with shine and Jarrod, the last 3 units all died before they could even move :) 

~Improved Ideas: Lower the speed of the Brave Sword Elite unit to 23-24 and the skill to anything that isn't a guaranteed 100% hit on another swordmaster. The brave sword is supposed to have low hit rate so the elite wielding it should not always have 100% hit rate. Please lower the 28 skill :) . I would also increase the number of enemies that come out from opening the door to the final floor. I would suggest 1 general unit, 1 axe wielding unit, and 1 lance unit. 

Additional Comments on Part 1-E: This map was a living hell. Their were so many units on the upper floors that can attack 3 spaces away. It doesn't make sense why there are horses walking inside the castle. If you're using them as a mechanical strategy to prevent them from jumping down, then I guess that's fine. It does make it harder to remove them. Overall, I like that the endgame was extremely hard and tough, but what I didn't like was the RNG involved in this chapter. I had to battle save several times each turn to guarantee either some attacks hit or prevent my units from getting KO'd by a 14% crit. There were quite a few enemies that made a lucky crit during the battle and it was extremely annoying. If you were to play this map without battlesaving a single time, you would have to ignore the thieves completely and you abuse the BK. Also of note, 2 of the enemy reinforcements that come in are mage wind units with iron knives in their inventory but can't do anything, is this a bug? Another random note, I think the shining bow that is in that chapter should be a droppable item. Leo is a very situational character and I think that bow would benefit him greatly (slight favoritism). 

Part 1 is now over. Lets give some feedback. I didn't use Zihark, Taureno, ilyana, Vika, Muarium, Aran, or Fiona at all except for the chapters they were forced in so I can't give any feedback on them.
     Meg (Lvl 8): She is a fantastic unit with extremely high strength, above average speed and great defense. I gave her the bronze lance and she has been using all of fiona's weaponry as well as the custom forged max hit rate sword. I gave her 2 speedwings because I felt she would benefit most from them and I still feel like that was a great decision. She doesn't seem to have many cons. If anything needs to be changed on her, it might be to lower her speed or her resistance. I didn't buy the claymore for her cause I enjoy doubling most of my opponents.
     Sothe (Lvl 9): He is around the same level as everyone else now and he feels pretty weak to me. I haven't been using him all that much as I wanted everyone to catch up to his level. His main job has been stealing and looting, but when it came time for him for to steal the dracoshield and attack the boss, sothe's accuracy was just straight up horrible for all of his weapons (46% chance to hit being the highest). I'm not really sure how much I'll be using him going forward.
     Tormod (Lvl 14): He is an absolute beast but that is to be expected of a high level unit with paragon. I did use him for quite a few kills because I'm not using ilyana in this run so I know I'll need a thunder mage later on down the road. I can't give too much feedback on him though because he won't be returning for a very long time.
     Black Knight: I'm not sure why the -3 Res lingering effect was still on him in the endgame. After reading the previous comments in this thread, it was because he warped himself, but that was last chapter... Also not sure why his speed is so low. The BK should atleast be on par with Meg's stats especially since he is LVL 20! The nerfs on him feel good in Ch. 9 but endgame chapter feels like he's only good at being bait for top level units since his HP is so high. 
     Laura (Lvl 9 promoted): OMG. If Micaiah could heal, I would never use Laura as a healer again. She has BEAST stats for a mage user. She has almost the same stats as Tormod but happens to be 5 levels lower. Her Def and Res are really high, her speed beats Edwards. I love this unit and I can see why your play testers in part 3 see her as OP. Enough said on her.
     Nolan (Lvl 7): I've been trying really hard to make Nolan great, but he just feels like a mediocre unit. He is super well rounded. If that's supposed to be his niche then I guess that's okay but I just wish he had something that made him stand out like everyone else. I think it's supposed to be his HP but it's pretty close to Meg's max HP. I like the idea of him having a ton of HP, but to make it work I feel like when he promotes, instead of getting +9 HP, it should be something like +15. His HP should really stand out if that's going to be his main stat line.
     Rafiel (Lvl 34): He has only been attacked once but he has amazing defensive stats. I'm happy to see he got some love there for being the eldest. Not much to explain about him. If I could change one thing about him, it would be to give him the Canto ability. He doesn't transform that often (Transformed can't go up ledges), but if canto on Rafiel works the same as Cats then I think that would fit him really nicely since that ability only procs while transformed. 
     Leonardo (Lvl 8): I absolutely love him right now after abusing him to kill all the units on the upper floor. I love his super high skill rating, it makes triggering Adept on his Heavy Longbow super useful :) . It looks like his skill caps around 35 which is nice. He's definitely not broken in the slightest. The problem with Leo is his health is extraordinarily low compared to everyone else and his speed is also really low to begin with. I think he needs a slight boost to his HP as he just gets decimated by crossbow users and if anyone attacks him with the Longbow equipped, he is as good as dead to being doubled. My leo only has  34 HP. I'll definitely be giving him the seraph robe I have later on but +4 hp isn't that much..
     Jill (Lvl 7): She has slightly less str than Nolan but is almost guaranteed to double on most enemies. She feels like a Nolan in that she feels well balanced. She's a young unit lore wise so she feels fine to me. 
     Micaiah (Lvl 20): Her magic feels extremely low to me. She's useful greatly in 1-7 but basically useless in 1-8 and 1-E. It sucks that she can't use heals until after promoting but that's forced anyway. She will likely be my main healer next time I see her. 
     Volug (Lvl 9): He's been pretty shitty although I haven't been using him all that much. He's mainly been there to eat an attack and weaken the enemy for someone else to kill them. His strength is just so low that he can barely do any damage whatsoever to the enemies and there are multiple fire sages on almost every chapter. I'll try using him more next playthrough, but on this one, his main goal is to weaken enemies and rescue badly positioned teammates. 
     Edward (Lvl 8): I've received the above average/good RNG from edward. He has good speed and str but unfortunately has really low skill. I think I received the shitty RNG skill side of him as he only has 14 skill. I tried to use the brave sword to fight a regular enemy and he had like 45% chance to hit. If I could change anything, it would be to give him more skill on promotion as a sword master. 

I think that's all of the units. So far I'm pretty happy with this project. RNG feels much heavier in this version but I'm gonna keep playing. I will gladly answer all 9 of those questions once I complete this run. Let me know if this was helpful at all and I'll try keeping the same format as this when I complete part 2. 

Edit1: I also forgot to mention I love the idea of elite units. I hope to see at least one in every chapter and I would also love to see them holding some kind of special loot too! 

Edited by CrippledSponge

Thank you for the feedback. Some of your concerns have already been addressed by the way. The Elite Swordmaster in 1-E's been nerfed. Also, the Elite Warrior doesn't need to be fought along with the SM... since the SM can be lured to the first floor below the warrior, where the warrior only moves within range.

Concerning the RNG, there is the fortune scroll available for units like Meg, and other units like Aran and Fiona are also rather crit immune by default. Nolan as well. You could argue that Goddess Icons are actually best on those units so they can specifically be used to fight Swordmasters or Mage Knights (Aran with one has roughly 30-32 crit avo). Since Halberdiers and Snipers no longer have innate crit, those shouldn't be too much of an issue. Yeah, Meg is incredibly dangerous to overuse without Fortune, and that limits her skill capacity otherwise, but that's one flaw she has.

The Strategist with the Iron Knife is indeed an error. They're supposed to have Carreau.

In 1-8, the Dragons only move together if you get too close. The Dragon with the Red Gem only moves when they can move with you then being in their attack range. Not an uncommon AI type in this hack.

Interesting that you found 1-6-2 notably easy. However, It was actually nerfed in difficulty at one point. Depends who you're focusing on unit-wise I suppose (condensing EXP is probably an advantage on this map; less so than later maps when units are strong after promotion regardless of levels). I'm not too fussed making maps prior to 1-7 being overly difficult anyway since you shouldn't have too much of a hard time training your units at this point. 1-6-2 is the last map to train non-promoted units except for Fiona.

Also, if you don't know; Fiona's blessing is 2-range. Makes her a lot more appealing as a unit than you might think. Using either Vika or Muarim isn't a bad idea either since their growths are pretty insane for a Laguz. By 1-E they can be really powerful with the Laguz Gem.

Volug can be quite RNG dependant with levels, but usually by S rank he performs decently. Keep in mind that his stats are gimped in part 1 compared to later on, so with enough levels and/or a stat booster or two, he's incredibly good in part 3. 

As for your other feedback, I'll certainly consider some changes based on those.  

Why the droppable greatsword on the Murago knight while he's still an enemy though?

It's because they share the weapon data with the other unit where it's actually droppable to your benefit. I could separate this by creating another instance of the Greatsword, but haven't got around to that.

Edited by Dunal

17 minutes ago, Dunal said:

1-6-2 is the last map to train non-promoted units except for Fiona  

Maybe if you're purposely lowmanning like Crippley, but if you're using everyone adequately, well... sure Aran, Jill and Ily were at the base ready to be promoted before 1-7, each one with two extra BEXP levelups after two stats were capped, but I brought only the non-promotion-ready units to 1-7, and managed quite well, with the last prisoner escaping at turn 11, just before the boss-zone reinforcements showed up.

Highlights of the map were Nolan master sealing as he threw himself to the gate guards (only promotion before 1-7), Nolan again smiting those prisoners back into schedule, and Tormod&Vika blitzkrieging the right ledge for a pincer attack. Also me shoving an enemy twice to steal the shriek but Sothe not gaining enough str to steal the crossbow.

RFEE01-2.png.1ab553d7cde520990054a4459feba9e8.png

Also, one more thing I forgot to mention from 1-6-2: did you mess with the river tile movement costs? That elwindigo that could oneround Fiona gave me quite some trouble by diving into the river behind the cliff, at the right of the right bridge, forcing me to make some unorthodox use of Ily and Volug to block the points from where he could reach her, as I could not reach him myself.

Edited by Mr. Mister

31 minutes ago, Mr. Mister said:

Maybe if you're purposely lowmanning like Crippley, but if you're using everyone adequately, well... sure Aran, Jill and Ily were at the base ready to be promoted before 1-7, each one with two extra BEXP levelups after two stats were capped, but I brought only the non-promotion-ready units to 1-7, and managed quite well, with the last prisoner escaping at turn 11, just before the boss-zone reinforcements showed up.

I suppose it's more than doable to deploy non-promotes if you play well enough. The map never really overwhelms you at any point -- it's just timed, and Tormod & Co. are all powerful enough to do a lot of the work if needed. Normally I just promote most people I'm deploying regardless, since normally I'd have 3-4 ready to promote and can then just bring Zihark as well (and can give BEXP to the rest of my non-promotes later on for either 1-E or part 3). Fiona and Laura I only really deploy non-promoted on this map, although usually there's rarely a reason not to promote Laura anyway since she doesn't lose EXP from healing and likes the added movement + 4 MAG.

Either way it's nice to have every unit usable for part 3. Whichever way you go about it will be up to you.

Also regarding Micaiah, did you note her promo gains @CrippledSponge? She's certainly not a slouch in combat come part 3. Although she does help at that stage to buff your other units as well..

Also, one more thing I forgot to mention from 1-6-2: did you mess with the river tile movement costs? That elwindigo that could oneround Fiona gave me quite some trouble by diving into the river behind the cliff, at the right of the right bridge, forcing me to make some unorthodox use of Ily and Volug to block the points from where he could reach her, as I could not reach him myself.

Yes, movement costs were changed. Horses can move through water/swamp now as well.

Edited by Dunal

Curious question, how much are the green units worth in BEXP for the prison chapter and the 1-8? I might try focusing the prisoners next time if they are actually worth something. 

Also regarding Micaiah, did you note her promo gains @CrippledSponge? She's certainly not a slouch in combat come part 3. Although she does help at that stage to buff your other units as well..

I wasn't expecting the screen to change automatically after she promoted during the cutscene so I missed majority of her level ups. I also am playing on only 1 save file, which is probably a bad idea, but I'll see her stats again. On a different note, I'm surprised to see Haar with such small stats. I knew he would receive a nerf, but the lore talks about him being the top of his class (Even Sephiran knew of him) and the enemies all have better stats than him.. 14 speed on a promoted t2 lvl 7 unit... This has me worried haha. Marcia and elencia both seem to have great stats. I'm surprised you gave Elencia access to Stun so early. 

7 hours ago, Dunal said:

By the way, for those who complete the current release, would it be possible to answer the following if you have the time?: Answers in bold

1) In terms of difficulty, what map(s) do you feel is too difficult for that particular point in the game? The only map that i actually had any difficulty with is 1-7, completing it is simple but i havent found a way to get more than the front 2 green units escaped before you start losing party members.

2) In terms of difficulty, what map(s) do you feel is too easy for that particular point in the game?  in all honesty, 1-3 1-4 and 1-5 felt like they were dumbed down a bit compared to the rest of the hack, the gimmick on 1-3 doesn't really feel impactful.

3) Are there any units who you feel are too weak for what their purpose is? Edward, no matter what you do for the poor sod he will never be as good as zihark.

4) Are there any units you feel are too powerful? meg, the only threat to her are hammers and they're not really all that threatening. 

5) How do you feel the gold income is? Too much gold? Too little? What should be cheaper/more expensive? gold feels better than vanilla but could maybe use a couple tweaks, i found myself having to choose a couple of times between things but most of the time you weren't going to miss many important things.

6) What weapons do you feel are too powerful or too weak for what they're designed for? Wind edge is extremely potent, and thunder magic thats not base thunder, dark magic, and resire are absolutely ridiculous. The sheer amount of damage combined with tankiness makes true melee units feel much less important on dark magic, i see their weaknesses are bows and light but neither of those realistically effect micaiah at all. Elthunder makes every single draco enemy until 1-8 completely pointless and in 1-8 between ilyana tormod and laura youre not worried about them anyway.

7) Are there any mechanics you feel that need tweaking? Maybe giving a pointer or something similar to the gba hacks to show approximate growths? Nothing really felt bad mechanically however.

8) In regards to skills, do you feel that the capacity costs are appropriate? Any availability changes you'd like to see for certain skills? Just a slight nitpick but i feel like rejuvenation and imbue should cost the same. with the improved magic stats i could see an argument but the heightened hp stats make them scale very similarly.

9) 2-3 is currently the map being polished for release. Any thoughts on this map and what you might want to see? Do you feel that less enemies would be preferable to improve the pacing, or that more plentiful but weaker enemies is fine (same EXP total in both scenarios, which will be far higher compared to the original in order for the Crimean Knights to not end up under-levelled)? I am of the track of mind that every enemy fought should pose a significant feeling of victory as opposed to the fe4 style of "send 50 units at once to make things last longer. Also a curious question about this chapter, will every player unit on it feel impactful or will it be more similar to vanilla where you just take a handful of them and raid the fortress?

10) 'Elite' enemies (mini bosses) are currently an experiment for 1-E. Do you believe they are good to include and would you like to see them on some earlier maps? Are the stat bonuses they receive sufficient, or should be stronger/weaker than they are? What enemies do you feel could become 'Elite' to improve the pacing/difficulty of any particular map? I like the idea of minibosses, i feel like maps with reinforcements that come from units other than the main unit you are fighting, eg 1-3 where they call for assistance, could maybe have a squad leader, obviously in something like 3-1 this would be less so due to the leader of the reinforcements being the boss of the map.

Austin: I really can't see how you would have had problems with getting more than 2 prisoners from 1-7 out in time. Obviosuly you shouldn't release them too early - calculate the time it will take for your westernmost force to clear the gateguard by the time they get there, because they'll start heading there once freed even if the gate is still closed. Muarim can help by attacking the Elthunder guy covering their escape route, after he mauls on the armored enemy guarding the central cell.

You can speed things even further along if you pierce through the eastern ledge with Vika attacking the Ruin scholar and going back down, and then Tormod going up and killing him with Elthunder - he can survive two attacks from the sentinel, and next turn he can one-round the Purge bishop's face while Vika goes to open the cell. Because you have been breaking the doors down instead of waiting for sothe to unlock them, right?

If you didn't fully manage to release the last guys on time, try shoving-smiting-rescuedropping them to take less turns. Also use Vika or less preferably Fiona to bait (stay just outta reach) Levail into taking the first stairs so they don't intercept the prisoners right before at the gate.

Have you been trying to get all the droppables, stealables, and hidden items in every map? I found 1-5 to be quite hard if you wanted to get everything. 1-4 is indeed not hard, but that's okay because it serves as an introduction to changes made to feline laguz and to Meg. 1-3's definitely more annoying if you try to split your untis into both paths; whichever side doesn't have Sothe will have to go sloooooooooow and careful.

Dunal, regarding 2-3: Careful with the WTA-neutral greatweapons; those things are nigh-undodgeable and the last thing I want is more than two Canto enemies close to each other wielding them.

Also increase catapult damage if you can. Quite. It is currently just a joke.

Austin: I really can't see how you would have had problems with getting more than 2 prisoners from 1-7 out in time. Obviosuly you shouldn't release them too early - calculate the time it will take for your westernmost force to clear the gateguard by the time they get there, because they'll start heading there once freed even if the gate is still closed. Muarim can help by attacking the Elthunder guy covering their escape route, after he mauls on the armored enemy guarding the central cell.

You can speed things even further along if you pierce through the eastern ledge with Vika attacking the Ruin scholar and going back down, and then Tormod going up and killing him with Elthunder - he can survive two attacks from the sentinel, and next turn he can one-round the Purge bishop's face while Vika goes to open the cell. Because you have been breaking the doors down instead of waiting for sothe to unlock them, right?

If you didn't fully manage to release the last guys on time, try shoving-smiting-rescuedropping them to take less turns. Also use Vika or less preferably Fiona to bait (stay just outta reach) Levail into taking the first stairs so they don't intercept the prisoners right before at the gate.

Have you been trying to get all the droppables, stealables, and hidden items in every map? I found 1-5 to be quite hard if you wanted to get everything. 1-4 is indeed not hard, but that's okay because it serves as an introduction to changes made to feline laguz and to Meg. 1-3's definitely more annoying if you try to split your untis into both paths; whichever side doesn't have Sothe will have to go sloooooooooow and careful.

Dunal, regarding 2-3: Careful with the WTA-neutral greatweapons; those things are nigh-undodgeable and the last thing I want is more than two Canto enemies close to each other wielding them.

Also increase catapult damage if you can. Quite. It is currently just a joke.

On 03/01/2018 at 5:52 AM, Dunal said:

It should do, but I wouldn't recommend using them for feedback purposes (regarding balance/difficulty).

Well, I've decided to use them, for specific feedback on buffed Sothe, since he has pretty substancial changes(Perhaps this could be changed? IDK if it's worth the time... Probably Not.). The other units have minor tweaks:

- Ike has a +2 on Strength and Skill

- Geoffrey a +2 on Defense.

Since nobody else capped their level they won't get the transfer bonus, so it's safe to assume that it won't be anything game breaking.

Regarding weapon ranks I'll give  feedback whenever later chapters are released, the only one that will actually have bonus on Part 1 is Tormod.

image.thumb.png.acbe96c11fb20c561328880d61d814af.png

If his bases weren't changed, he'll be kinda broken, although his defense is probably a downside. If somebody could send inform me of his new bases it would be helpful(Otherwise I'll start a new save file). Briefly I'll be giving feedback

idk maybe i just did something but i got all the stealables in 1-5 and every dropable as well and cleared the map with 1 turn left to do nothing both times i went through it, i had to play a 2nd time without using edward or nolan so i would be able to do 1-e because they just dont get the stats but then again, nolan got no str before promotion at 17 and he was just too weak to do anything on my 1st playthrough while edward got roughly average stats and was 2-3 points lower in every stat except luck than zihark at equal levels

Is it done up to part 4? Just found out this and watched that stream of it. It's nice to see mages not getting one shoted. Is the change log in the original post up to date? I'm just curious about the changes. Also did any win conditions change compared to the original game? It's cool to finally see some fe10 hacks. I"m used to seeing the gba ones up, is it because of difficulty?

4 minutes ago, SoloHar said:

Is it done up to part 4? Just found out this and watched that stream of it. It's nice to see mages not getting one shoted. Is the change log in the original post up to date? I'm just curious about the changes. Also did any win conditions change compared to the original game? It's cool to finally see some fe10 hacks. I"m used to seeing the gba ones up, is it because of difficulty?

Up until part 2, chapter 2. Up until this point none that I remember of.

6 hours ago, SoloHar said:

Only until part 2-2, but map-by-map updates (compatible with the same savefile) are planned on a quicker-than-monthly basis.

OP is NOT up to date; it's from two years ago.

Win conditions did not change as far as I'm aware (here's hoping Dunal can increase the bounties in 3-whatever's Daein vs Gallia and in 3-E). Lose conditions for part 1 may have changed or not (as in you no longer game over over certain units' deaths), I don't remember, but Dunal said it's possible to do if he wanted to, cutscenes with dead people be damned.

14 hours ago, austinxhensl said:

2) In terms of difficulty, what map(s) do you feel is too easy for that particular point in the game?  in all honesty, 1-3 1-4 and 1-5 felt like they were dumbed down a bit compared to the rest of the hack, the gimmick on 1-3 doesn't really feel impactful.

Curious considering many people tend to have trouble on this map, at least with getting all the loot. Might just be dependant on RNG or levels gained. I feel that this map is challenging enough considering how early it is. I mean, it's certainly no 2-E in terms of getting a perfect clear but it doesn't appear to be a pushover either from other players I've watched / got feedback from. 

1-4 is kinda meant to be an EXP fest. However, in a Lunatic version it would have enemy crows as well (there's only so much difficulty you can have with 1 range beast laguz and chokepoints; unless you inflate stats). With 1-3, I'm assuming the gimmick you're talking about is the longbowman? Granted, that could use a change, but the rest of the map may be sufficient for an early game map; if not too exciting. A couple of Elites could be interesting though.

3) Are there any units who you feel are too weak for what their purpose is? Edward, no matter what you do for the poor sod he will never be as good as zihark.

Keep in mind that Edward generally turns out much different than Zihark. Edward ends up with a lot of DEF (50% growth) and has much higher STR as well. Also, updated Caladbolg increases DEF/RES/LCK by 3 (although reduces SPD by 3 as well) so he'll typically have a DEF lead of ~8 on average. Hopefully the distinction here is that compared to the vanilla game, Edward's stat spread is different enough to not overly compete with Zihark.

Otherwise, he does have a lot of variance as to how he turns out. But I think that's fine for a unit like him. Not all units should be RNG proof. And he also benefits the most to being promoted later. High investment / high reward unit. And innate Wrath adds quite a few possibilities. A buff in SKL might be fine though.

4) Are there any units you feel are too powerful? meg, the only threat to her are hammers and they're not really all that threatening. 

Yeah, general consensus is that Meg needs another nerf. I feel that a reduction in RES may be the best option. And/or some more enemy hammer wielders. 1-E doesn't actually have any of them. Otherwise I feel that her offensive spread is fine considering her SKL/LCK. Taking into account that her skill options in the lategame are a bit limited since Fortune becomes more and more mandatory as you proceed, with no hope of her proccing skills based on her SKL (or LCK) stat. Enemy SPD/LCK (avoid) also continues to rise while Meg's SKL/LCK won't scale much at all, so her accuracy also continues to get worse as the game progresses. She can't utilise Brave/Killer weapons either for the most part.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking about changing the Blight Bow to the Cleave Bow (anti-armor). Shining Bow already exists for magic damage and [Aura] on a 2-range weapon seems a bit pointless. 

Would help to keep Meg in check (replacing enemy Steel Bows > cleave) while retaining her strengths. Or Armors in general being stronger with more opportunities to being countered.

6) What weapons do you feel are too powerful or too weak for what they're designed for? Wind edge is extremely potent, and thunder magic thats not base thunder, dark magic, and resire are absolutely ridiculous. The sheer amount of damage combined with tankiness makes true melee units feel much less important on dark magic, i see their weaknesses are bows and light but neither of those realistically effect micaiah at all. Elthunder makes every single draco enemy until 1-8 completely pointless and in 1-8 between ilyana tormod and laura youre not worried about them anyway.

Thunder magic is pretty strong yeah, although Ilyana and Mage Knights generally have less MAG compared to other mages, so the high MT counteracts that and makes them extra potent against dragons. Which, in of itself, isn't much different than Bows/Crossbows against fliers, which are 2 range as well. Yeah, Ilyana can one-shot dracos but this will usually be only one of them each turn since they'll seldom attack her over other units on enemy phase. Unless she happens to be the only one in range. Dragons themselves can only be dealt with on player phase as well, since Thunder Magic is 1 range only for the most part. 

Resire is extremely powerful when it's effective. But based on general usage it's quite situational and limited. Slayer interaction is crazy strong of course. It gives an extra niche to Bishops. STR gains of mages also are typically lower than MAG, so the base damage of Resire does fall off (unless you're Oliver). Laura literally has a 2% STR growth. It's also fairly inaccurate.

Dark magic is powerful but it's locked to low move mages that usually have low DEF. Light magic also has double WTA against it and offensively, is inferior to thunder. It's purposefully powerful otherwise, however the further into the game (as damage values increase further and further) the damage mitigation from it reduces in overall effectiveness. There are also melee weapons that bypass its effect (Greatsword or Polaxe etc...). Laguz and daggers etc... also exist. 

Not that adjustments can't be made of course. Just needed to provide my thoughts on those.

8) In regards to skills, do you feel that the capacity costs are appropriate? Any availability changes you'd like to see for certain skills? Just a slight nitpick but i feel like rejuvenation and imbue should cost the same. with the improved magic stats i could see an argument but the heightened hp stats make them scale very similarly.

I don't believe that's quite accurate. Renewal only heals 4-5 by the end of part 1 (for most units) while Imbue easily heals 10+ for certain units. It's also to prevent stacking them. Can you imagine Meg with both equipped (it used to be a thing... wasn't particularly balanced)?

Thanks for the feedback overall. I'll certainly make some adjustments on some aspects.

EDIT: I'll also give Micaiah a small buff. MAG cap has increased by 2 in all tiers, with her growth increased to 70%. Should help her out a little during some of the later maps, without really buffing her early on. Promo bonus slightly reduced however, since her part 3 performance was already really good.

I'll probably give Sothe some adjustments as well to help his scaling. A little more STR/SKL specifically.

After all, these units are forced, so they should remain strong.

Edited by Dunal

2 minutes ago, austinxhensl said:

Also, idk if its a typo or something but in the notes it says ballista has 10 uses, the ballista in 1-6-2 only had 5

Item data is actually outdated in the OP (I should probably remove it for now).

Ballista was reverted to 5 uses mostly because it rarely needs to be more than 5 and it didn't really benefit 3-5's situation of both your Snipers just hugging one for the entire map (as opposed to just the first 5 turns which beyond that, isn't too interesting).

5 minutes ago, flare9 said:

If you make any balance changes to characters we alrady have on save will their current stats remain the same but growths updated?

Both would be updated. Any base stat changes will reflected on a save file (based on +/- alterations) and growths would be updated as expected. Changes to promotion bonuses would not be taken into account however.

I wonder if my ISO got corrupted or if I did something wrong with the patches; I can patch the game, but when I run the game... nothing happens... plays a white background

Hidden treasures in 1-7 are still coin and master seal, despite you saying you replaced the master seal with a dragon fang in the OP's changelog for 0.8.7.

Also, add mentioning the Mt (and Hit/Crit too if there's enough space) of each staff in its ingame description to the bucket list.

Edited by Mr. Mister