Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

5 hours ago, Aetherio said:

Can’t wait for the next update to play beyond 2-2. 2-E sounds as though it will be even more epic (and much tougher) than the original.  

Curious  to see how Calill plays. She’s been been one of me favourite characters since PoR. Hoping she retains her ‘speedy mage’ status. 

IIRC Calill is EXTREMELY squishy all around including in resistance, but has pretty good magic and is one of the fastest units in the game. I think Top 5, maybe Top 3..? Which is pretty valuable considering how diverse the cast is now. So she's a massive glass cannon and has access to Light magic now in addition to the rest of Anima.

Also, you're right. 2-E has always been super epic and dare I say one of the best maps of FE history.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Aetherio said:

Curious  to see how Calill plays. She’s been been one of me favourite characters since PoR. Hoping she retains her ‘speedy mage’ status. 

CALILL

Spoiler

image.png.c9965d05828c051b04bd532e49d46c0d.png

If you're familiar with Fates she's basically Nyx. High offence and speed, shaky accuracy, low durability. However, Calill has rather great HP so she'll always avoid getting one-shot and does have decent evasion considering that she negates 'Focus' through Nihil.

She's also the only mage in the game with 'Canto'. That's her selling point beyond offence. Being able to retreat to safety after attacking results in her frailness to be a minimal problem. Her RES is average but she does have almost full magic triangle control as well.

Her main downside is still availability, but unlike the original game she shouldn't be too under-levelled when re-joining in late part 3. It helps that Soren and Ilyana have completely different niches; Soren being a buffer/artillery mage and Ilyana being a low-range tank. 

Ohhh, you took advantage of her female fire sage class being unique to her and made her Nihil a class skill instead of personal skill, clearing up space for Canto to be her personal skill without the need to expand map data.

She have higher base movement than male sages (not counting Tormod’s skill)m right?

And asking this makes me think of another question - will the gold tier 2.5 enemy classes have tier 2 or tier 3 movement?

Canto's her class skill while Tormod's is Paragon (since they cannot be removed).

They have the same base movement (6 > 7) and Celerity is definitely a high priority skill for Calill later on due to Canto.

Enemy tier 2.5 classes have variable movement and skills. Axe Generals only have 5 movement for example but have innate Nihil and higher stats. While Lance/Sword Generals have 6 movement and Resolve/Fortune respectfully.

13 hours ago, Dunal said:

CALILL

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c9965d05828c051b04bd532e49d46c0d.png

If you're familiar with Fates she's basically Nyx. High offence and speed, shaky accuracy, low durability. However, Calill has rather great HP so she'll always avoid getting one-shot and does have decent evasion considering that she negates 'Focus' through Nihil.

She's also the only mage in the game with 'Canto'. That's her selling point beyond offence. Being able to retreat to safety after attacking results in her frailness to be a minimal problem. Her RES is average but she does have almost full magic triangle control as well.

Her main downside is still availability, but unlike the original game she shouldn't be too under-levelled when re-joining in late part 3. It helps that Soren and Ilyana have completely different niches; Soren being a buffer/artillery mage and Ilyana being a low-range tank. 

Canto Calill is such a nice surprise. She's going to be an offensive powerhouse (albeit inaccurate and weighed down by most "el" tomes and above). Since she has to obtain meteor as a drop, what weapons does she come with? Having the WTA against Ludveck is sweet. 

Honestly, all the magic users are enjoyable due to their uniqueness compared to vanilla RD. 

On 8/16/2018 at 3:22 PM, Carreau Diamond said:

Also, you're right. 2-E has always been super epic and dare I say one of the best maps of FE history.

Agreed! Truly one of the highlight maps of Radiant Dawn (so many maps in this game are good).  Dunal is doing such a fantastatic job at this hack. My excitement for this next update is pretty huge

8 minutes ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

May I ask if a LP of FE Redux exists?

I've seen footage of 1-P or 1-E, but is there a LP with complete part 1 at least?

I'm unable to play this hack, so it would be really great to watch it for an impression.
It sounds really great.

https://www.twitch.tv/shadow0865 and https://www.twitch.tv/izzyboy used to have them I think, but the former's channel is no longer avaliable, and the latter no has any videos anymore.

There is a youtube video of Deltre tackling 1-E, one of the maps Dunal expanded map data in, which is a very effort-consuming process but allows him to change more things than usual in the map, and it shines for it.

3 hours ago, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

Oh, I watched this already, but thanks nevertheless!
It's more than hour, so I could watch it again.

Still it would be great if someone could do a LP of the latest version.

FEE3 isn't far away, so maybe there will be a chance for it...

Hey! I do plan on streaming another run of part 1 and the 2 chapters of part 2. I did have vods up on my twitch channel that Mr. Mister posted but I think there gone now so I'll do another run soon.  Most likely within the next 2 weeks I'll start.  The channel will be twitch.tv/izzyboy

18 hours ago, Dunal said:

Canto's her class skill while Tormod's is Paragon (since they cannot be removed).

They have the same base movement (6 > 7) and Celerity is definitely a high priority skill for Calill later on due to Canto.

Enemy tier 2.5 classes have variable movement and skills. Axe Generals only have 5 movement for example but have innate Nihil and higher stats. While Lance/Sword Generals have 6 movement and Resolve/Fortune respectfully.

An arch sage with canto sounds brokennnnnnnnnn but we'll see how it goes haha. 

1 hour ago, Zihark72 said:

Hey! I do plan on streaming another run of part 1 and the 2 chapters of part 2. I did have vods up on my twitch channel that Mr. Mister posted but I think there gone now so I'll do another run soon.  Most likely within the next 2 weeks I'll start.  The channel will be twitch.tv/izzyboy

Nice!

Will watch it for sure if I don't forget it.

Oh, it occurs to me - you probably will be putting very, very few enemy generals with two different weapon types in their inventory, right? I'm asking not because of steal, but because if each general subclass has a different class skill, and unlike in the 3DS games you can only check the subclass/skill if you go into details, then seeing which weapon type their map model has equipped is still the quickest way to tell which subclass they are and which class skill they have, and make plans accordingly.

23 hours ago, Mr. Mister said:

Oh, it occurs to me - you probably will be putting very, very few enemy generals with two different weapon types in their inventory, right? I'm asking not because of steal, but because if each general subclass has a different class skill, and unlike in the 3DS games you can only check the subclass/skill if you go into details, then seeing which weapon type their map model has equipped is still the quickest way to tell which subclass they are and which class skill they have, and make plans accordingly.

Yeah, same with generals in previous parts of the game (with some exceptions like Ludveck), they'll only be using their primary weapon type.

On 17/08/2018 at 9:56 PM, Zihark72 said:

No worries , I think this time ill cut it and post it to YouTube. With Dunal's permission ofcourse

Sure. I wouldn't have any objections to that.

On 17/08/2018 at 6:15 PM, Zihark72 said:

An arch sage with canto sounds brokennnnnnnnnn but we'll see how it goes haha. 

If she was consistently accurate with wind magic then that would probably be true. Needing to attack from 1-2 range can be a big deal against other 1-2 enemies that can easily two shot her. 

In fact, the 'Focus' skill for strategists was specifically provided so that wind magic could be nerfed for everyone else and Calill was the primary unit in mind for this.

Posting just to say my hype for this is still unreal. Canto Calil sounds super fun, glad to see the cool ideas are still coming even though I'm sure by now my girl Laura has been nerfed into the ground lol

4 hours ago, Deltre said:

Even though I'm sure by now my girl Laura has been nerfed into the ground lol

Even if she's been nerfed statwise, there's little than can stop her from being the star (in combat, because we all know Rafiel and the fliers are the rescue heroes) in 1-8. As long as she can be made to survive a dragon attack (through def, support and bushes), she can rain hell on them with a forged light and double them, something Illy might not be able to do yet.

Plus, staff-critting the dark scholars is fun as fuck, and doesn't expend staff uses (while also raising staff WEXP).

Edited by Mr. Mister

Honestly, Laura hasn't been changed that much so far. It just means that you might need to give her a Spirit Dust (or two) to make her MAG decent again (which is an opportunity cost between either Ilyana/Fiona or even a sword user, so in that sense at least there's that to take into account). Otherwise she's stuck with E tomes which isn't a huge issue either since a forged Light tome works fine. Should be in a state now where she can be great (but not game breaking, I don't think she ever quite was) with a couple resources. Not being able to promote in 1-5 changes things a bit as well and does mean there's only a single Master Seal is up for grabs in 1-6 (and as of the next update, there's all the more reason to give this to Nolan). Otherwise, she only has 1-7 to reach D rank for Resire (unless an Arms scroll is used) in time for 1-8's dragons. So there's a clear ripple effect here. Either way, the costs/resources it now takes to get Laura to reach the same state as before should be high enough where it's fine if you try and min/max her. 

Micaiah granting +5 MAG/SPD after part 1 does affect her more than anyone else though (aside from maybe Fiona) so that's something to look out for. Isn't as crazy as it might sound though (it's +10 damage in a round of combat and that's usually going to be player phase only -- and that's if you're able to position correctly). If she needs further changes then I may look into nerfing her earlier stats and increasing her Tier 3 promotion gains. Her lategame's pretty average no matter what; worse healer than certain others and low-ish RES/HP against other mages (particularly Anima). Exception may be 4-5 due to all the Druids + Dragons (and by extension 4-E-3).

Here are the current planned changes for units in Part 1 for context:

Spoiler

PATCH 0.8.8

[UNITS]

[MICAIAH]
- Base MAG reduced by 1
- HP growth reduced to 70% (from 75%)
- SKL growth increased to 50% (from 35%)
- SKL cap increased to 14/28/38 (from 12/24/34)
- SKL promotion bonuses reduced to +5/+4 (from +6/+7)
- Capacity increased to 50/70/100 (from 40/60/80)

[EDWARD]
- Base LCK increased by 1
- STR growth increased to 70% (from 60%)
- STR cap increased to 16/26/36 (from 15/25/35)

[LEONARDO]
- STR growth increased to 60% (from 55%)
- SPD growth reduced to 25% (from 30%)
- SPD promotion bonus increased to +2 (from +1)

[NOLAN]
- Base DEF increased by 1
- Base SKL increased by 2
- STR promotion bonus increased to +6 (from +5)
- SKL promotion bonus increased to +3 (from +2)

[LAURA]
- Base MAG reduced by 1
- Increased HP promotion bonus to +6 (from +5)
- Reduced MAG promotion bonus to +3 (from +4)
- Now only has E Light after promotion
- Affinity changed to Heaven (from Wind)

[SOTHE]
- Base STR increased by 1

[ILYANA]
- Base MAG increased by 1
- Base LCK reduced by 1
- SPD growth increased to 30% (from 25%)
- Reduced SPD promotion bonus to +0 (from +1)
- Increased SKL promotion bonus to +4 (from +3)
- Increased STR promotion bonus to +1 (from +0)

[ARAN]
- Increased STR promotion bonus to +3 (from +2)
- Increased SKL promotion bonus to +2 (from +1)

[MEG]
- Increased RES promotion bonus to +1 (from +0)

[VOLUG]
- Base HP increased by 2
- HP growth increased to 110% (from 90%)

[TAURONEO]
- Base LVL increased to 10 (from 8)
- Base HP increased by 2
- Base STR increased by 2
- Base RES increased by 1

[ZIHARK]

[JILL]
- Reduced SKL promotion bonus to +3 (from +4)

[TORMOD]
- SKL growth reduced to 35% (from 50%)
- LCK growth increased to 60% (from 50%) 
- Increased SPD promotion bonus to +6 (from +5)

[MUARIM]
- Base HP increased by 2
- HP growth increased to 80% (from 70%) 
- Reduced Laguz gauge usage for both combat / turns to -2 (from -3)

[VIKA]
- Base HP increased by 2
- HP growth increased to 60% (from 50%) 

[BLACK KNIGHT]
- Base LCK increased by 2

There are meant to be some moderate changes to Rafiel as well but those haven't been finalized yet.

Edited by Dunal

Nolan’s STR prom bonus is funny because, contrasted with his low growth, makes his promotion less of a gradual accumulation of battlefield experience and more of a moment where he goes “I guess it’s time to get serious” and bam, +6 str outta his ass. I love it.

Dayumm this hack just keep getting more and more interesting. I've played through the current Part 1 so many times, I welcome these changes.

Micaiah's been slightly reworked again huh? I guess now she hits just as hard, and more accurately. Any chance of raising her speed growth ever so much (say 45%)? Also 100 capacity for Chaos Incarnate, LOVE! 

Is this iteration of Rafiel going to be your more tanky, less movement variant?

Unless I'm mistaken I believe Micaiah being slow is very purposeful, her MAG is stupid high so if there's any chance of her doubling consistently she becomes completely broken, if I remember right older versions had her with pretty good speed but only decent magic but the problem was her speed wasn't good enough to double a lot of enemies in the latter maps of part 1 even if she capped speed, If her speed cap and growth were increased to let her double later enemies in part 1 then she'd snowball after promotion, at least I think that's why dunal went with really high mag and low speed on Micaiah, people who know better can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Also I too am very excited for the next update, haven't played this since my initial run awhile back, I think I'll give it one more go before the next patch comes out, I could also totally record an LP of it if there's really an audience for such a thing (and with dunal's permission of course)

On 8/17/2018 at 9:05 AM, Hecatia Lapislazuli said:

May I ask if a LP of FE Redux exists?

I've seen footage of 1-P or 1-E, but is there a LP with complete part 1 at least?

I'm unable to play this hack, so it would be really great to watch it for an impression.
It sounds really great.

So ill start my run through tomorrow! Feel free to come hang. twitch.tv/izzyboy

On 8/21/2018 at 4:54 PM, Dunal said:

Honestly, Laura hasn't been changed that much so far. It just means that you might need to give her a Spirit Dust (or two) to make her MAG decent again (which is an opportunity cost between either Ilyana/Fiona or even a sword user, so in that sense at least there's that to take into account). Otherwise she's stuck with E tomes which isn't a huge issue either since a forged Light tome works fine. Should be in a state now where she can be great (but not game breaking, I don't think she ever quite was) with a couple resources. Not being able to promote in 1-5 changes things a bit as well and does mean there's only a single Master Seal is up for grabs in 1-6 (and as of the next update, there's all the more reason to give this to Nolan). Otherwise, she only has 1-7 to reach D rank for Resire (unless an Arms scroll is used) in time for 1-8's dragons. So there's a clear ripple effect here. Either way, the costs/resources it now takes to get Laura to reach the same state as before should be high enough where it's fine if you try and min/max her. 

Micaiah granting +5 MAG/SPD after part 1 does affect her more than anyone else though (aside from maybe Fiona) so that's something to look out for. Isn't as crazy as it might sound though (it's +10 damage in a round of combat and that's usually going to be player phase only -- and that's if you're able to position correctly). If she needs further changes then I may look into nerfing her earlier stats and increasing her Tier 3 promotion gains. Her lategame's pretty average no matter what; worse healer than certain others and low-ish RES/HP against other mages (particularly Anima). Exception may be 4-5 due to all the Druids + Dragons (and by extension 4-E-3).

Here are the current planned changes for units in Part 1 for context:

Hide contents

PATCH 0.8.8

[UNITS]

[MICAIAH]
- Base MAG reduced by 1
- HP growth reduced to 70% (from 75%)
- SKL growth increased to 50% (from 35%)
- SKL cap increased to 14/28/38 (from 12/24/34)
- SKL promotion bonuses reduced to +5/+4 (from +6/+7)
- Capacity increased to 50/70/100 (from 40/60/80)

[EDWARD]
- Base LCK increased by 1
- STR growth increased to 70% (from 60%)

[LEONARDO]
- STR growth increased to 60% (from 55%)
- SPD growth reduced to 25% (from 30%)
- SPD promotion bonus increased to +2 (from +1)

[NOLAN]
- STR promotion bonus increased to +6 (from +5)
- SKL promotion bonus increased to +3 (from +2)

[LAURA]
- Base MAG reduced by 1
- Increased HP promotion bonus to +6 (from +5)
- Reduced MAG promotion bonus to +3 (from +4)
- Now only has E Light after promotion
- Affinity changed to Heaven (from Wind)

[SOTHE]
- Base STR increased by 1

[ILYANA]
- Base MAG increased by 1
- Base LCK reduced by 1
- SPD growth increased to 30% (from 25%)
- Reduced SPD promotion bonus to +0 (from +1)
- Increased SKL promotion bonus to +4 (from +3)
- Increased STR promotion bonus to +1 (from +0)

[ARAN]
- Increased STR promotion bonus to +3 (from +2)
- Increased SKL promotion bonus to +2 (from +1)

[MEG]
- Increased RES promotion bonus to +1 (from +0)

[VOLUG]
- Base HP increased by 2
- HP growth increased to 110% (from 90%)

[TAURONEO]
- Base LVL increased to 10 (from 8)
- Base HP increased by 2
- Base STR increased by 2
- Base RES increased by 1

[ZIHARK]

[JILL]
- Reduced SKL promotion bonus to +3 (from +4)

[TORMOD]
- SKL growth reduced to 35% (from 50%)
- LCK growth increased to 60% (from 50%) 
- Increased SPD promotion bonus to +6 (from +5)

[MUARIM]
- Base HP increased by 2
- HP growth increased to 80% (from 70%) 
- Reduced Laguz gauge usage for both combat / turns to -2 (from -3)

[VIKA]
- Base HP increased by 2
- HP growth increased to 60% (from 50%) 

[BLACK KNIGHT]
- Base LCK increased by 2

There are meant to be some moderate changes to Rafiel as well but those haven't been finalized yet.

Woooo Nolan and Aran buffs! Sweet.

On 22/08/2018 at 12:45 PM, Aetherio said:

Micaiah's been slightly reworked again huh? I guess now she hits just as hard, and more accurately. Any chance of raising her speed growth ever so much (say 45%)? Also 100 capacity for Chaos Incarnate, LOVE!

Her SPD is fine for what she's meant to be doing. 17 SPD avg at 20/1 is pretty respectable when say, Aran's SPD is the same at 18/10. Or Ike's at -/9. As long as she's not at risk of being doubled outside of speedier foes (swordmasters, falcos, cats) then she will be fine (since those aforementioned have lesser ATK).

On 22/08/2018 at 12:45 PM, Aetherio said:

Is this iteration of Rafiel going to be your more tanky, less movement variant?

Yep. Still being tested though. The idea is that he now has Formshift but is incredibly squishy (with higher movement) when untransformed but really bulky (more-so than before) when transformed but with half movement. As in, some of his stats triple or quadruple in the latter. Needs to be properly balanced however (so that both forms are useful on any given map).

21 hours ago, Renigade said:

Also I too am very excited for the next update, haven't played this since my initial run awhile back, I think I'll give it one more go before the next patch comes out, I could also totally record an LP of it if there's really an audience for such a thing (and with dunal's permission of course)

Feel free to do so. Should be no worries in showing anything that might be 'incomplete' since any maps/content I've released (from this year onwards) is going to be fairly close to completion as it stands. So I'm completely fine with it.

6 hours ago, Mr. Mister said:

I can't believe I never thought to ask this, since I'm such a fan of dark magic, but have you done anything to Shamans (besides increasing their appearances) to make them more unique, compared to strategists?

I take it you mean the Druids? They have really high DEF/RES but are rather sluggish with low movement (usually 5). Otherwise they're more powerful but less accurate than strategists. They usually have Daunt as their skill. That combined with their extremely high LCK (more than any other class) makes them fairly evasive as well so they can be tough to deal with. Light magic is typically a good option since it has double WTA.

You see them much more in Part 3 and both Rhys and Mist (Florete) deal with them well enough. They're actually an enemy that doesn't double Rhys and he has the best RES in the game to boot.

57 minutes ago, Zihark72 said:

Woooo Nolan and Aran buffs! Sweet.

Nolan also gets a Killer Axe in 1-5 as well. You can imagine that the SKL boost makes it especially good on him.

Either way, these changes to them should help them compete better with Meg. Keep in mind her performance in Part 3 as you would imagine it (Claymore/Brave Lance + Butcher...) and has that potential Laura support now (which actually makes 2-range viable on her as well).