Jump to content
Dunal

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Recommended Posts

Upcoming change for the next update:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ecdeef216a035363f683aa0377365500.png

image.thumb.png.aae0387e45da3e9c3b0f5857848233ad.png

 

Introducing the 'Action' scroll, allowing you to learn all command related skills. Wildheart is also an option for Laguz.

This is replacing individual scrolls for these skills and they're extremely common, allowing you to mix and match these command skills however you choose. In part 1 alone you can obtain up to 7 of these. Want to give everyone Gamble for a fiesta of crits and misses? Playing for LTCs and want a chain of Smites? Do you just really hate halberdiers/vigilance and want to host a Parity Party? The option is yours!

I figured that this would be a pretty good change since having additional flexibility is always nice and it certainly increases replay value even more. As it stands, obtaining an individual scroll for any of these skills doesn't feel too satisfying, so this should certainly mitigate that as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks really cool! I'm guessing characters that can't shove like Micaiah don't get smite, do they get anything in its place or are they just stuck with one less option? Even if that's the case getting any amount of options from a single scroll is really cool, and is sure to make my base preparations take even longer, erp :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a good question, Renigade. It depends on wether Smite is coded so that the unit needs to know Shove, or if it has a list of smite-compatible classes listed somewhere. If it's the latter, which I deem more likely, then giving Micky Smite will indeed work.

 

I'll give the Flourish to Leo at the first opportunity then. How much does each scroll cost (only at bargains I assume) and sell for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/09/2018 at 12:08 PM, Mr. Mister said:

That's a good question, Renigade. It depends on wether Smite is coded so that the unit needs to know Shove, or if it has a list of smite-compatible classes listed somewhere. If it's the latter, which I deem more likely, then giving Micky Smite will indeed work.

The unit does indeed need to know 'Shove' in order to equip 'Smite'. Same as the current release. Therefore, mages/cavalry do have one less option to choose from.

Worth mentioning that the 'Reprisal' scroll will also be in the next release, which teaches Howl/Quickclaw/Shriek to Laguz, based on type. Maelstrom is a locked innate to Reyson/Tanith/Naesala and T3 Fiona, so no longer a bird tribe skill.

On 28/09/2018 at 12:08 PM, Mr. Mister said:

How much does each scroll cost (only at bargains I assume) and sell for?

They currently cost 1500g. 'Reprisal' is 1000g.

 

Also, the original post is now updated! Everything outside of unit data is now showing, while the latter is currently in progress. It was painful to have put that disclaimer there but... with the amount of times I've seen people writing off the hack for "nerfing" their favourite unit... I figured it might be needed (being that this perspective is missing the point of the hack). Granted, its scope and design goals have changed over time and was much closer to a re-balance of the original when it was first in development, but that's clearly not the case any more (even if the intention is to also address some of the design flaws of the original).

Otherwise, a list of shops/bargains will also be added as well as bonus EXP when these are finalized.

Edited by Dunal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Mr. Mister said:

I made a thing.

Awesome, nice work! I've added this to the OP with a few adjustments (to include everything other than magical weaponry). This should be handy for players to refer to while playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might do better:

2fhiZ6d.png

Here's the .pptx so you have an easier time editing it yourself:

https://mega.nz/#!8c1XyJYL!XhIBl4b90aVoiJ6e2gDMwfAsCgC8hWvrNi7YLz8NjPQ

Is the dashed line between swords and knives because there was a knife you made that counts as a sword for WTA/D?

 

EDIT: Wait, I forgot the Mt within Anima. Doing that now. Now it should be all correct.

 

Edited by Mr. Mister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless I'm crazy isn't the magic WPT currently +4/-3? Or are you saying that you're increasing it for future releases? Personally I'm a big fan of really potent weapon triangles but I'm pretty sure it's +4/-3 right now (unless a new patch came out when I wasn't looking)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dunal said:

Worth mentioning that the 'Reprisal' scroll will also be in the next release, which teaches Howl/Quickclaw/Shriek to Laguz, based on type. Maelstrom is a locked innate to Reyson/Tanith/Naesala and T3 Fiona, so no longer a bird tribe skill.

They currently cost 1500g. 'Reprisal' is 1000g.

 

Also, the original post is now updated! Everything outside of unit data is now showing, while the latter is currently in progress. 

 

Oooouu ‘action’ and ‘reprisal’ scroll look neat! Hello gamble, carreau Miccy (also holy hell her tier 3 promo bonuses).

Just to be sure, each scroll allows one choice of any of the skills that fall under that category? How many are available in the current patch? 

YES! Updated OG post is back. Noticed Creiddylad has a appropriate name change and stat adjustment. Will this still be obtained following great grandpa Seph’s defeat or earlier? 

Gosh the complete game is going to be awesome when it’s done. 

 

 

Edited by Aetherio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You planning to release after the FEE3 coverage video goes up?

 

And sneaky edit (I don't remember if it was like this before too): Kurt gains 3 range at SS rank, just like daddy? Cool.

BTW: You okay with keeping handaxes cheaper than javelins? This makes one infinitely preferrable to the other in lategame forges, where the cost difference is multiplicative.

 

EDIT 2: Behold, a colourblind-friendly version! Tell me if I forgot anything (I deliberately didn't include cards because there's not a "rank" icon to englobe all of them).

yx8jQ6Z.png

Edited by Mr. Mister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need some help i patched a ntsc-u iso with both of the patches once and both of them don't work i get a bunch of "invalid read from " and a bunch of numbers errors i rally want to try this hack if anyone can help please tell me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr. Mister said:

Behold, a colourblind-friendly version! Tell me if I forgot anything (I deliberately didn't include cards because there's not a "rank" icon to englobe all of them).

Nope, that looks absolutely fine. I've added this latest iteration to the OP.

Thank you for the addition! Much appreciated. :):

There may be some minor tweaks required in the future (for example, thinking of separating A rank red breath to deal magic damage (fire) for Ena specifically (that gains no WEXP) while S > SS for all other red dragons dealing physical as normal. Nasir's may change to wind as well. Otherwise, Bolt Axe is currently being tested to replace Tomahawk (and the 'Spear' may get a similar treatment) but not a guarantee either. Aside from those, everything is set in stone at this point.

 

Regarding Handaxes, they only have 1 MT more and that's very insignificant in this hack (I'd argue the +5 HIT could end up being just as, if not more valuable). It's mostly for consistency with other axes and their lower cost. Also aside from wyverns and generals there isn't anyone that uses both weapons, and WTA is strong enough to make a Javelin better for those classes in some cases. And again, Meg/Brom/Jill might actually value the HIT more. Chances are if these weapons need nerfing I'd have to increase both their costs regardless.

17 hours ago, Aetherio said:

Just to be sure, each scroll allows one choice of any of the skills that fall under that category? How many are available in the current patch? 

There are 7 in part 1 and the Greil Mercenaries get access to 5 of them quite quickly (and you of course have the option of transferring more to them). They'll be 18-20 overall in the full game. 

With enemies commonly having skills in part 4 I wouldn't surprised to see a 'Parity meta' but we'll see how it goes. 

I also might make it so Guard, Wildheart and Flourish can be freely given without a scroll or capacity cost. They'll still cost a skill slot and that's more than sufficient for them. Currently testing this.

4 hours ago, Mr. Mister said:

You planning to release after the FEE3 coverage video goes up?

Will be shortly after depending on when it airs.

 

21 hours ago, Renigade said:

nless I'm crazy isn't the magic WPT currently +4/-3? Or are you saying that you're increasing it for future releases? Personally I'm a big fan of really potent weapon triangles but I'm pretty sure it's +4/-3 right now (unless a new patch came out when I wasn't looking)

Yep, it's getting increased to +5/-4 in the next update.

 

2 hours ago, radev1924 said:

I need some help i patched a ntsc-u iso with both of the patches once and both of them don't work i get a bunch of "invalid read from " and a bunch of numbers errors i rally want to try this hack if anyone can help please tell me!

Sent you a PM.

Noticed Creiddylad has a appropriate name change and stat adjustment. Will this still be obtained following great grandpa Seph’s defeat or earlier? 

It's contained in a chest on CH 4-4.

 

 

Edited by Dunal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dunal said:

Otherwise, Bolt Axe is currently being tested to replace Tomahawk (and the 'Spear' may get a similar treatment) but not a guarantee either.

Personally, if anything, the only thing my gut is telling me is to consider changing the Shining Bow so it's thunder-based instead of light-based, see how that goes.. Thunderbow, Lightning Arc, or so. Thunderspear/Boltaxe would probably be no-brainers as choices for endgame blessings (seconds only to the single SS-rank weapon of each type), while the Bolt Arc would arguibly be third or fourth choice ( Double Bow -> Silencer -> Lugad/Bolt Bow). This way there's another non-siege ranged effective weapon against dracos besides Thunder, and makes Florete more unique as a hard counter to dark magic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dunal said:

 

There are 7 in part 1 and the Greil Mercenaries get access to 5 of them quite quickly (and you of course have the option of transferring more to them). They'll be 18-20 overall in the full game. 

With enemies commonly having skills in part 4 I wouldn't surprised to see a 'Parity meta' but we'll see how it goes. I also might make it so Guard, Wildheart and Flourish can be freely given without a scroll or capacity cost. They'll still cost a skill slot and that's more than sufficient for them. Currently testing this.

 

It's contained in a chest on CH 4-4.

 

 

I definitely foresee a parity fest come part 4. So many  choices...

How would you feel about having Dawnlight available for Micaiah in 4-3? You could have Naesala give it to her in the base convo they have and seeing as how they talk about her heron heritage, thematically it's a nice idea. Though it may be too OP a weapon at that stage (despite her loosing AS thanks to its 20wt). 

What's your plan for the laguz royals? Will they be more stat-wise more balanced, or more extreme compared to their non-royal counterparts? Can't wait to see my girl Nailah tear up the battlefield again.

Edited by Aetherio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mr. Mister said:

Personally, if anything, the only thing my gut is telling me is to consider changing the Shining Bow so it's thunder-based instead of light-based, see how that goes.. Thunderbow, Lightning Arc, or so. Thunderspear/Boltaxe would probably be no-brainers as choices for endgame blessings (seconds only to the single SS-rank weapon of each type), while the Bolt Arc would arguibly be third or fourth choice ( Double Bow -> Silencer -> Lugad/Bolt Bow). This way there's another non-siege ranged effective weapon against dracos besides Thunder, and makes Florete more unique as a hard counter to dark magic.

Bolt Axe would not be effective against dragons, similar to how wind swords are not effective against fliers. Dragon Fang is the only exception for effective damage. The weapon itself will always specify in the description if it is.

17 hours ago, Aetherio said:

How would you feel about having Dawnlight available for Micaiah in 4-3? You could have Naesala give it to her in the base convo they have and seeing as how they talk about her heron heritage, thematically it's a nice idea. Though it may be too OP a weapon at that stage (despite her loosing AS thanks to its 20wt).

It's purposely in tandem with her T3 power spike for endgame and giving it to her earlier would mitigate that to some degree. Plus, Micaiah will want to be using other spells in 4-3 due to beast Laguz, Wyverns etc... So while Dawnlight is her best spell for non-effective damage, it's a better fit for the start of endgame.

17 hours ago, Aetherio said:

What's your plan for the laguz royals? Will they be more stat-wise more balanced, or more extreme compared to their non-royal counterparts? Can't wait to see my girl Nailah tear up the battlefield again.

Laguz royals have the same treatment as other laguz in that they have lower bases/level but more room for growth and extra perks. They also no longer have Formshift by default, just really good transform gauges. Any that join before endgame will be around level 20-26 with appropriate bases. They still have unique weapons as well that are often more powerful, but need WEXP investment much the same as others (but rank up faster due to only being in part 4 -- one rank a map is the intention)

Caineghis is the only real exception here -- he's close to max level but has a more glaring weakness than most other Laguz have (that being his SPD) and is the only royal with Formshift except Kurthnaga later on. Meanwhile, the other royals are mostly on-par with non-royals (just with less investment required, in return for slightly less stat potential -- Vika has slightly better caps than Naesala and can reach them at a lower level, but Naesala's generally easier to use in context to part 4 unless you trained her a lot in part 1). Otherwise, usually the Royals just have higher strengths than non-royals but a glaring weakness to keep in mind. Tibarn is great all-around with the exception of having awful RES. Nailah probably has the highest damage/offence of any laguz unit (and arguably the best transform gauge aside from Lyre), but is made of glass.

Then there's Kurthnaga who's both an Est and a Gotoh at the same time as bizarre as it sounds. His bases are better relative to the original for sure, but still kind of average. However he then has the best growths and caps of any unit in the entire game. As in, he basically becomes Dheginsea when trained. And with the difficulty of the last two maps of the game? You'll likely want to commit to him.

In any case, so long as the Laguz units are all fun to use (and scale much the same way as Beorc), that's the most important part. Hopefully Vika and Muarim have showcased this so far (even if they're on the more extreme side as far as scaling is concerned, same with Tormod). Definitely the thing I wanted to address the most from the original game.

14 hours ago, flare9 said:

Do we need to start a new playthrough when the new patch releases or is it compatible with the last release saves?

No, resuming should be fine. Although you'll be missing out on more BEXP and some loot. I'd personally recommend restarting to revisit updated maps and the reward incentives but it's up to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps I am just missing something, or maybe it is this way, but I see other comments talking about chapters that are after Part 2 Chapter 2. I got through it to that point, and when I try to start the next chapter, the map is just blank. No units, and in the base, it shows Marcia as the only unit available. Is there a way to go on past chapter 2-2? Or is that just the stopping point for now, and people are just tossing ideas around? Forgive me for not knowing anything about this, I'm new to this whole thing. Maybe I patched it wrong or something. If I could go past this point, I would love to, as Radiant Dawn is probably my favorite game out of the FE games that I have played, and the patch has been fantastic thus far. Looking forward to seeing what is coming next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may be slightly later than this month since I do plan to release casual/standard mode in the next release as well (check the OP for more details, was recently updated further).

Standard mode is a milder version of the current release which should be better suited for blind players. Only really meant to played once before the default mode is played, but definitely good to include. Gives you some extra leeway in delaying promotions, spending gold/BEXP less efficiently, higher turn counts for BEXP etc...

Casual mode is either for those who either aren't very experienced in FE or just want to mess around with the hack and test out stuff.

Advanced will be released after the hack is completed.

 

On a related note, I do wish that those who have found the hack too difficult (at least on a blind run) would be more open about it in terms of feedback (it's harder to admit that the average skill level may be below what the hack demands (or expectations to play it much the same as any other FE) rather than the hack being completely at fault). I don't mean that as derogatory but... To be fair though it's partially my fault for not providing a more entry-level difficulty for blind runs in particular. Granted, there will be improvements to some maps in the future update so specific criticism in regards to difficulty are certainly not without merit in some places. The baseline difficulty for the default mode (intermediate) isn't being changed though. 

Edited by Dunal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the pride of some poeple though, maybe rename "Intermediate" to "Experienced", so you're getting through the message that first time players might be better off with Standard regardless of previous Fire Emblem experience. Also if you think "Experienced" and "Advanced" aren't immedieately orderable for everyone, rename "Advanced" to "Expert".

 

Maybe add in Experienced's description that it requires/it's better for players to be moderately aware to the changes of each map and enemies/upcoming characters (and specially of how weaponry changes effect them) in order to overcome everything without issues. This would do.

Edited by Mr. Mister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Mr. Mister said:

Considering the pride of some poeple though, maybe rename "Intermediate" to "Experienced", so you're getting through the message that first time players might be better off with Standard regardless of previous Fire Emblem experience. Also if you think "Experienced" and "Advanced" aren't immedieately orderable for everyone, rename "Advanced" to "Expert".

 

Maybe add in Experienced's description that it requires/it's better for players to be moderately aware to the changes of each map and enemies/upcoming characters (and specially of how weaponry changes effect them) in order to overcome everything without issues. This would do.

I think with adding multiple modes to begin with (with 'Standard' shown as being recommend next to it on the header in the future) I can only blame those who are underestimating the difficulty (or overestimating themselves...). Not much I can do about that by default. If that scenario happens then they may at least acknowledge that they chose the wrong difficulty. If their 'pride' interferes with that, then those types of players will probably just choose intermediate/advanced no matter what. 

'Experienced' isn't necessarily indicative that it can be played blind for er.. better players, and it's certainly suited for those people. So for those who are better skipping to intermediate I wouldn't want to dissuade them. 'Experienced' would seem specific to the hack, but I suppose it's not all bad if everyone plays standard first.

Otherwise, the names of the modes themselves are subject to change. Initially I was going to use XCOM's 'Easy' > 'Normal' > 'Classic' > 'Impossible' as a nod to that, but the latter may give off the wrong impression haha (although that's no different to XCOM itself..). I can certainly replace 'Intermediate' with 'Classic' though, since that's representative on that being the definitive version that's been worked on so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come to think of it, most of the difficulty differences allow for swapping between difficulties at beggining-of-chapter saves by just swapping the iso, right? Except maybe the extra player authority stars and BK's stats, if those are set at the moment of recruitment/first map appearance.

 

EDIT: Another prettier table.

rZKQKPh.png

Edited by Mr. Mister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...