Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn ReDux (v0.8.72 CH 2-2)

Dunal

No. The fact that all Part 4 enemies are in unique classes means they can be given special properties. I wouldn't want to make them Tier 3 since that would make the game an RNG fest. Giving mastery skills to enemies is not fun...

Instead, I can give Part 4 enemies non-RNG skills to make them more interesting, and also amplify stat differences between classes.

For example:

Sword Generals: Innate Fortune

Axe General: Innate Pavise

Lance General: Innate Nihil

Druid: Innate Daunt

Wind Sage: Innate Celerity

Halberdier: Innate Resolve

Thunder Sage: Innate Wrath (!!!)

White Dragon: Innate Nullify

Etc...

And their stats are very variable to make each class stand out. Axe Generals have terrible speed and resistance, but amazing defense. While Sword Generals have good speed and resistance, but average defense. Snipers have amazing STR/SPD/SKL, making them ridiculously scary, but are also ridiculously fragile in every manner. Thunder Sages have high defense but poor resistance etc...

Enemies just stand out from each other but aren't RNG oriented. You're facing a gauntlet of really powerful enemies, and every unit in your army has an application.

I approve of this 100%. Good idea.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. The fact that all Part 4 enemies are in unique classes means they can be given special properties. I wouldn't want to make them Tier 3 since that would make the game an RNG fest. Giving mastery skills to enemies is not fun...

Instead, I can give Part 4 enemies non-RNG skills to make them more interesting, and also amplify stat differences between classes.

For example:

Sword Generals: Innate Fortune

Axe General: Innate Pavise

Lance General: Innate Nihil

Druid: Innate Daunt

Wind Sage: Innate Celerity

Halberdier: Innate Resolve

Thunder Sage: Innate Wrath (!!!)

White Dragon: Innate Nullify

Etc...

And their stats are very variable to make each class stand out. Axe Generals have terrible speed and resistance, but amazing defense. While Sword Generals have good speed and resistance, but average defense. Snipers have amazing STR/SPD/SKL, making them ridiculously scary, but are also ridiculously fragile in every manner. Thunder Sages have high defense but poor resistance etc...

Enemies just stand out from each other but aren't RNG oriented. You're facing a gauntlet of really powerful enemies, and every unit in your army has an application.

I'd avoid Pavise on Axe Generals. Having a 20-30% (I don't know what their SKL will be) chance to negate all damage is kinda RNG-festy. Maybe go for Nullify or Renewal?

I'd avoid Pavise on Axe Generals. Having a 20-30% (I don't know what their SKL will be) chance to negate all damage is kinda RNG-festy. Maybe go for Nullify or Renewal?

Or Imbue with a good magic stat. IDK, nothing is set in stone yet.

What I meant by 'RNG-fest' is RNG that completely screws over the player. Defensive skills aren't that detrimental to a player if they proc, unless say, a mastery skill would be. And it's still counterable by Parity or Nihil, and I'm going to be giving more of those to the player.

This sounds like something I want to play, but my laptop can't handle Dolphin all that well. Is there any way to play this on an actual Wii? I've tried directly using the patched ISO files, but I get a black screen whenever I attempt to load them.

EDIT: Disregard this post and read my next one. I have this patch working now.

Edited by Elite Lord Sigma

Im realy looking forward to this! you are doing a great job with this project and i realy want to play Dawn again with this patch.

Just make sure that in Part-4 and Endgame that the enemies are (a tad or a LOT) more powerfull than your own units, so there is a real challenge in gameplay than before.

My own thoughts about adding something is more room for skills (with the normal caps of 15,30,etc) because i always liked toying around with those to see what is the best wombo-combo to slay enemies. (You can do the same with enemies that they have more skills 2.

As a follow-up to my last post, I decided to try to make this work on Riivolution myself. After some trial and error, several hours spent ripping all of the files out of both a vanilla ISO and a patched ISO, and comparing both ISOs in WinMerge, I was able to determine which files were altered and then get this patch working on my Wii. I've taken the liberty of uploading the needed files for other people's convenience. Just move the ferd folder to the root of your SD card, move the RDTemplate.xml file out of the ferd folder to the riivolution folder, and you should be good to go.

https://mega.nz/#F!Sx8RlIKb

Edited by Elite Lord Sigma

All right. I finished playing through Part I just now. I only noticed one technical problem and another potential issue as I played through. The former occurred in Chapter I-7. When I attempted to progress from base to the deployment screen, the game would freeze before loading the introductory scene of the battle. I was able to circumvent the issue by disabling Riivolution and saving the game at the preparations screen. The latter occurred when I promoted Meg. Her luck dropped from 2 to 0 upon promotion. I know she's meant to have a horrid luck stat, but is this change intentional?

Those two minor issues aside, I'll give you credit; this patch is a huge improvement on the base game's Part I. Almost everybody played important roles on my team, and nobody really stuck out as too overpowered or dominant, nor was anybody lagging far behind the rest of the team. I look forward to what you have in store for the rest of the game; Radiant Dawn has always been one of my favorite entries in the series.

[spoiler=Part 1 Final Stats]

Micaiah

Level: 20/1

HP: 37

STR: 11

MAG: 20

SKL: 18

SPD: 19

LCK: 26

DEF: 14

RES: 14

Edward

Level: 15/6

HP: 42

STR: 17

MAG: 3

SKL: 17

SPD: 25

LCK; 16

DEF: 11

RES: 8

Leonardo

Level: 15/4

HP: 34

STR: 20

MAG: 5

SKL: 25

SPD: 20

LCK: 17

DEF: 13

RES: 7

Nolan

Level: 16/2

HP: 43

STR: 20

MAG: 2

SPD: 16

LCK: 11

RES: 6

Laura

Level: 20/5

STR: 6

MAG: 15

SKL: 20

SPD: 25

LCK: 19

RES: 15

Sothe

Level: --/3

HP: 36

STR: 17

MAG: 4

SKL: 22

SPD: 22

LCK: 18

DEF: 15

Meg

Level: 16/4

HP: 49

STR: 21

MAG: 6

SKL: 16

SPD: 18

LCK: 0

DEF: 23

RES: 10

Ilyana

Level: 16/1

HP: 36

STR: 7

MAG: 15

SKL: 21

SPD: 18

LCK: 15

Aran

Level: 16/3

HP: 43

STR: 18

MAG: 5

SKL: 19

SPD: 17

LCK: 13

DEF: 20

RES: 11

Volug

Level: 14

STR: 11 --> 16

MAG: 3 --> 4

SKL: 14 --> 21

SPD: 13 --> 19

LCK: 17

DEF: 11 --> 16

RES: 12 --> 18

Jill

Level: 17/1

HP: 37

STR: 18

MAG: 3

SPD: 17

LCK: 13

DEF: 19

RES: 5

Fiona

Level: 14/4

HP: 38

STR: 15

MAG: 11

SKL: 20

SPD: 19

LCK: 14

DEF: 16

RES: 13

Muarim

Level: 9

HP: 58

STR: 14

MAG: 4

SKL: 14

SPD: 12

LCK: 12

RES: 8

Vika

Level: 7

STR: 8

MAG: 7

SKL: 11

SPD: 13

LCK: 18

DEF: 9

RES: 10

Rafiel

Level: 28

HP: 34

STR: 3 --> 6

MAG: 7 --> 14

SKL: 4 --> 8

SPD: 12 --> 24

LCK: 21

DEF: 5 --> 10

RES: 12 --> 24

Omitted: Tauroneo, Zihark, Tormod, and Nailah, as none of them gained any levels.

Meg's LCK reduction is intended. It's a running joke between myself and some other testers.

On average she should gain 1 point of LCK before promoting. Then lose two LCK.

Her... presence in part 3 really seals the deal. Heh...

Balance-wise it's minuscule because of Fortune. I suppose the necessity of keeping fortune on her is a drawback to her a unit (but then she has the luxury of even having a skill unlike say, Aran). For what its worth there's going to be a couple extra fortune scrolls too.

Otherwise her hit rates are meant to be awful and her avoid is pretty bad too. Which is fine because everything else about her is good. She'll end up being the tankiest unit in the game.

My own thoughts about adding something is more room for skills (with the normal caps of 15,30,etc) because i always liked toying around with those to see what is the best wombo-combo to slay enemies. (You can do the same with enemies that they have more skills 2.

Skill capacity is something that I have not yet looked into. It's likely something I will rebalance later on.

Some interesting changes I can make with this is distributing power budgets from certain classes into their skill capacities. For example, further amplifying the weaknesses of Sothe/Heather to give them more capacity. Or if there's room to add more power to certain units like Micaiah/Ike/Sanaki etc... then skill capacity could be a way to do that.

Laguz Royals having 100 may or may not change. If it's a defining attribute that can be balanced against other areas then that shouldn't need to change. Thing is, without Formshift, they now essentially have an extra skill slot, so depending on how that works out, something may need to be adjusted.

Edited by DLuna

Wow! This patch looks awesome... so many changes o.o

Dark Magic can be used before the second playthrough! :D:

Wait... What exactly you change in the Caps? I don't find anything o.o

Is that a +14 HP promotion gain I see? Wow. On that note, any idea as to when this next release is going to be?

Yes, that's correct. Tier 3 HP gains are rather huge. That said, damage values in the lategame are really high. Expect someone like Calill to be consistently hit for 30+ damage. So +14 is not even half a hit...

Not certain when the next release will be completed. There's still tests/changes to be done. Currently in the middle of tweaking skills.

Currently in the middle of tweaking skills.

I still think it would've been viable to, instead of weakining him alluring to his powder issues, force the non-endgame Black Knight a locked "Mercy", as no-one but Ike is truly worthy of his blade. It also makes for a uniquely interesting factor to build your plans around and makes the desert map in part V not an EXP race against him.

Mercy for the BK would be a bit of an annoyance in CH1-9, I'd imagine.

And regardless I don't think he'll be wrecking everything in 4-3 any more and can spawn elsewhere if need be (nearer to your group).

I'm mostly rebalancing capacities/skill costs currently. Shove/Canto now cost nothing and other skills are better costed based on their value/worth. Masteries also cost 20 now (except Bane/Corona which are 10). So tier 3 classes have 40/50 capacity to spend.

I will provide caps as part of the next release. Documentation provided as such:

EXAMPLE

Calill.png

Mmm... Interesting Caps... I need to see it alongside other character to compare... I can wait :3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, how is progress going? I'm curious.

Going to have a release very shortly for part 1 + half of part 2. Then another release for mid-way part 3 shortly after.

I've made some rather significant changes to the maps in part 1 (as well as things such as magic, longbows, stat alterations etc...). And people will have to start again anyway so I'd best release that sooner rather than later.

Is hacking FE10 super complex? Can't you just do it with Nightmare and stuff, like the others games? @_@

I wouldn't say super complex. But there's only a few basic modules for it so the rest you'll need to hex edit yourself.

I'll likely make some more modules for it eventually.

Just dropping in to say that I'm highly anticipating this hack and have been stalking this thread on the daily :3

Also, is it possible to make Class-based skills like Sol and Luna universal skills using hex editing?

For that to work I'd imagine that there would need to be items created in order to support that (skill scrolls) which don't exist for masteries. So a lot of work would need to go into making that possible.

Otherwise, it is possible to make it so masteries aren't locked -- so you can remove them to free up capacity. But as it stands you wouldn't get a scroll for it.

EDIT: Thought I'd provide an update since it's taking a bit longer than it should...

Here's are some highlights of what you can expect in the next update:

Mage rework. Tier 1 magi (So Micaiah and Ilyana) have two types of magic. Tier two sages all gain either staves (E rank mostly) or a third magic type.

Micaiah has Light/Dark. Ilyana has Thunder/Fire.

Light magic now increases avoid against all melee weapons by 10%.

Dark magic now reduces all damage from weapons (except bows) by 5. Dark magic also gains WTA bonuses against these (this is at the cost of base MT/HIT of dark magic).

Thunder is 1 range. Wind is 2-3+ range. Stats heavily adjusted.

Weaponry for paladins have been changed. Each paladin has 2 weapons now. (Currently in experimentation: some even having staves as their secondary weapon -- Astrid and Fiona in particular. Same goes for Seraph Knights).

Staves give a lot less WEXP and max staff rank is very strict for anyone who isn't a bishop/Mist/Elincia.

Longbows have 3-5 range, with a 20% hit penalty for each additional range you attack an enemy at.

Generals all have access to sword/lance/axe. Marshals can SS rank all three.

And more...

Edited by DLuna

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I played all of Part 1 until I hit a game breaking bug that happens that causes Dolphin to crash with pretty easily duplicated results. Use Galdr on Endgame. It just randomly causes the game to implode on itself. I tried multiple times and the same thing happens. It happened so often that I just finally gave up on it. I need to use Rafiel if I'm going to actually make a conscious effort to use the DB and not just spam the Black Knight and friends.

As for the balance. Let me start with general changes that should probably be done.

- Master Seals need to be even less expensive. 2000 is still a pretty penny for something that is in the Bargain Shop, and thus can be missed, and no longer goes a long way for selling things. Beforehand you'd get 5000 for selling one. And now you get 1000. I get that it's to encourage promoting early and buying them, but there lies a problem with that: let's assume that I want to use all of the Dawn Brigade. That's Edward, Leo, Nolan, Aran, Meg, Jill, and Fiona that I need to get promoted. It'll cost me like 14000 to promote all of them a little bit early. Even with the free ones, that's saving like 4000 at most. I'm pretty sure I got all of the free seals and that's pretty expensive. Even worse, is because with that, it makes Ilyana absolutely unappealing. 2000 Gold? No way. I'd rather buy the nice new skills you added like Pavise and/or Provoke. Especially when promoting early would be nigh useless because of the enemy's relative power.

- Speaking of skills, I'm not entirely sure why you changed some of the skill prices. I thought those were pretty good in Vanilla. Here it just mucks things up. No more Resolve Vika to dodge for days? No more taking Celerity off of Tormod so Muarim could use it to run really far and shove people around? I guess not. These changes really only serve to screw over laguz-- and already bad set of classes generally speaking. I can see how you are trying to fix some powerful combos, but they can -- and SHOULD be encouraged rather than restricted like this. Not to mention, +2 move isn't even remotely close to being good enough to warrant 25 capacity. Especially when you have more inherently powerful ones like Nihil STILL cost 20.

- Laguz. They suck still. The bonuses are still too much make it or break it. If you're transformed, you're a sitting duck like before, except here it's worse because the enemies are even more powerful and the enemies have hit for days and days and you've essentially nerfed any real form of evade the enemies can have. It is NOT uncommon to see the enemies have higher hit than you. That is not good. Especially when a Laguz is essentially being doubled whenever they aren't transformed, and unlike in Vanilla, people like Muarim do NOT just shrug off hits like they did before. It's really unimpressive when Muarim gets doubled and loses more than half of his health and countertattacks with an attack that's taking about 1/3 of the enemy's health. Naliah is still the best of them, so I guess that's nice. Volug is alright, and after part 1, I can already feel he'll probably suck more than Vanilla. Low attack? Paper defense (even if he has high hp), no access to Resolve + Laguz gauge is a recipe for death. Please, treat their grass like Beorc weapons and make them being sold every chapter with more uses and around the price of iron weapons. That would go a long way for them.

- EXP is definitely not enough. I tried using all of the DB pretty evenly, and I ended up with Fiona at level 13 being the lowest (technically Ilyana is 12 and I DID use her for the chapters that I could, but noticed that the curve still wasn't good enough to allow everyone to really be used and once again Ilyana will be left in the dust when she transfers over because she's not good presumably in part 3. And because of the above mentioned, I can't go back and buy master seals, and then you reach endgame and then suddenly EVERY ENEMY IS PROMOTED. Honestly, I'd say it's worse here than it ever could have been in Vanilla. The enemies are now promoted, and I have exactly 1 unit that promoted, another 1 that couldn't get much EXP for at least 2 of his chapters because you forced Blossom on him, and another one that is locked at 20/-- until the end of part 1, and the enemies leveling far outstrips even with Nolan being promoted and he promoted at level 20. Them leveling more than you is fine, but just plain having better stats than you is not. Especially silly when you consider how nerfed the supports are. And even more silly when you have things like Bishops at the end of part 1 with Shine magic-- which is A rank BTW.

- The supports need to go back to how they were in Vanilla. Some of the changes just plain don't make sense. Water for instance? This affinity no longer helps Leonardo at all and makes him easily the least desirable support partner around. Let's use Nolan and Leonardo for instance. A support would be 1 + 1 + 1+ .5 + .5 + .5. While 5 defense sounds impressive, it really doesn't matter because there will be moments where Nolan can't hit worth anything, so there's no point to +5 defense when he could support with Edward, get 3 and actually have an easier time trying to hit people. +2 (the extra anyone with a defense boosting support is getting from him) defense sucks in a world where enemies have a hell of a lot more hit than before. And Earth sucks as well. +3 avoid? What is anyone supposed to do with that? +18 avoid (double earth) is just so laughably useless that it's not even worth discussing. Even with the defense boost, in most instances, it's going to net you 1 defense. Losing 14 avoid is not worth 1 defense. I can understand wanting to nerf it from +45 avoid but +18 is just complete trash. Especially in a world where Biorhythm is percentage based (making it have moments were it won't help as much), and the enemies have even BETTER hit than before. Even Micaiah's 1 authority star isn't felt. Plain and simple, you need that super earth affinity avoid more than ever here, and it's not. It's annoying having moments where the enemies just plain have more favorable statistics than you rather than it being more balanced with the enemies having say 60 hit on you, but there's 4 of them for every 1 unit you have. And if you don't understand how bad this is, let me give you an example: I'm fighting a Harberdier with Nolan in Endgame, it's at worst, and Nolan is at bad. I place Nolan near Edward to fight with it. The stats?

Nolan: HP 48, Mt 18, Hit 100, Crit 5

Generic Halberdier: Hp 35, Mt 8: Hit 70, Crit 0

Dodging isn't even an option here. Like... Your dodge is so unreliable that even fighting a WTD doesn't change much outside of losing damage and even then? You're going to have to attack this guy with multiple people if you want him dead anyways lessening the entire desire to fight at WTA. With vanilla, it'd at least be 56, which is considerably less spotty. Even with double earth affinity vanilla, that'd be 34 hit, which is NOW a reliable dodge. Without WTA, I'm looking at something like 44 hit, which is kinda spotty again. And let's not forget that this Halberdier is at worst so he has less hit here too. The changes to Biorhythms is enough to make you cautious regardless because of how powerful and accurate everything is here.

2 Range weapon enemies. There are too many. Especially noticeable in a land where dodge is rare.

Character Units:

Micaiah: Slightly more durable but has weaker offense. Kind of a nerf as she's still pretty frail and has no business being on the front lines. Basically you'll still have her attacking people to weaken them for others to kill them for her. Still, at least she's not an instant game over if you accidentally let her get attacked, which means... You can actually let her be attacked, which means a brain fart isn't a potential game over.

Nolan still reigns king as the most useful unpromoted unit that you have because of how often he's around and how solid his stats are.

Edward is kind of worse. In Vanilla he had some shaky doubling at moments, but if you used him, he was fine. Supporting with Nolan essentially made him immune to biorhythms as a bonus, and gave him enough avoid to have 70-40. Now? Nolan's support is barely helpful to him and gives him overkill hit, and the enemy strength means that he's not doubling anything, and with a miserably base strength like he has, he's not doing much here. Funny thing about you having a standard Edward be 17/1 is that mine is 15, and that's including giving him BEXP on occasion.

Leonardo is still uneventful because he doesn't remain fast enough to continue doubling so he can't even keep up a good stride to help, and his lackluster strength isn't helping. Even worse is that he's less desirable now that he's no longer 1 of 2 units that provide attack bonuses. The other being Micaiah who already has a free A support. Disarm makes far more sense than Cancel as a base skill.

Laura: So far she hasn't done anything differently, just been a higher level. She's still frail, and can't attack worth anything because she isn't promoted. I can't say she's buffed or nerfed because she has been so samey.

Sothe : The EXP problem is real here as Blossom essentially means that anything he kills goes into a complete void. Biorhythm changes hurt him a lot because there are moments where he can't dodge, and that's when you realize... Sothe doesn't have super good defense anymore. Meg starts with the a higher amount he does 15, and starts at level 8, Sothe is level --/1 and starts with 13. His offense? Is even worse. He's like Sothe from Vanilla, just faster, which is a shame, because he doesn't really have much going for him anymore outside of stealing stuff from enemies now.

Ilyana : is much improved from Vanilla, but it's not enough. She still is an EXP thief that'll steal from the DB and the DB still has a real struggle with EXP. Despite being better, she's not good enough to warrant using over other units that are EXP thieves as well like Tormod or Muarim with a Laguz Stone.

Aran: Tank. Pretty much the same as before except without the massive hit problems from his Biorhythm at the start.

Meg: Tank. Can actually do something now and contribute. The enemies scale a bit too fast, so she's in real danger of doubling if you don't get a couple of good level ups on her speed. Because even with 75% speed growth, 8 base speed is still pretty wretched. A great user of the provoke skill however.

Volug: Nerfed. And he feels it. Hard. Sure, his growths allow for him to be overall stronger, but as a unit starting out? He's definitely weaker, and he's harder to use because he's much more fragile this time around and the enemies are noticeably stronger. You'll mostly be seeing hp and luck levels when he does level and it's really hard for him to keep up with your Beorc units. I can feel that he won't be good by Part 3.

Tauroneo: He's a solid tank and definitely your best unit for Part 1-6. He'll definitely suck later on though. As usual.

Jill: It's like having a strength transferred Jill ... At the cost of having inferior growths. Losing 15% strength getting more skill and hp and res. Not by those tiny amounts. Not like you'll notice her growths anyways in Part 1, she barely gets to fight a ton.

Zihark: Better growths that you won't notice. Other than that, I'd say he's largely the same, but that nerf to Earth hurts him quite a bit. And losing 2 points of strength really didn't make much sense either. He's also slower and less skilled for some reason. Actually, scratch that, he's just plain weaker. Why? He wasn't even that strong in Vanilla, just stronger than the other kids in the group.

Fiona: Still bad. Just considerably less bad. Still not worth using. And now with the lost of Earth affinity being good, there is no hope for you even wanting to have her just scoot around giving someone an evasion boost.

Tormod: Ignoring his growths for a minute, why is he just plain weaker. He's higher in level but has lower stats. It's nice to see he no longer has higher strength growth than his magic growth but he still needs help. Are you planning to have him Join in Part 3? If so, that's not so bad, if not? Fix him. He needs it. Badly.

Vika: Much better initial equipped skill, so no problems there, and her growths are better. She just seems better here. But does it matter? That depends on if she joins in Part 3. She's still a laguz so she suffers from that problem, but she can actually help by standing around with Daunt.

Muarim: Doesn't matter what you've done on the account that the hit to speed was too much. He's pretty wretched because of it without a Laguz stone. There's only one, so you won't be using Vika and Muarim at the same time.

Naliah: Massively nerfed, and the fact that she was and she's still decent says leagues about her... In part 1. She feels pretty powerful transformed unit when she's transformed, and feels fairly vulnerable when she's not. I'd say she feels "right," but when you have 11 speed untransformed, everything doubles you by the endgame, so no... No it's not. I don't see her being good passed part 1. She does have more potential for growth, but I don't really care. Laguz need to start out good and become better. Period. They just plain don't work otherwise. They have too many drawbacks to be comparable to a Beorc when they are transformed -- which is what I feel like you're planning on doing with her later. In Part 1? She's perfect. When transformed, she's without a doubt the strongest of your units, when she's not transformed, she's still more powerful than weaker Beorc and definitely more durable than backliners, but has far less power than stronger Beorc like Nolan.

Rafiel: It's Rafiel. He's higher in level which is nice so he can use Bliss, but outside of that? He's pretty much the same. Don't let him get hit, and sing.

BK: Meh. He's really weak in comparison to what he used to be but now he can actually help other people level because he's so weak now that you can actually fight. Although it makes Micaiah's Chapter 9 incredibly tedious. A ton of units that run out at you and neither unit can double? Yuck.

@Augestein I'm really happy with that feedback since most of what you've put there are actually fixed/changed in the next version.

Okay, so I played all of Part 1 until I hit a game breaking bug that happens that causes Dolphin to crash with pretty easily duplicated results.

I have not encountered this myself and nobody else has replicated this issue. Might be to due with settings. I can help you with this going forward if need be.

Master Seals need to be even less expensive.

The amount of gold you have is going up and you can get more for free (three more, in fact).

Speaking of skills, I'm not entirely sure why you changed some of the skill prices.

They've all been redone in the next version and canto/shove cost 0. Therefore someone like Vika has far more capacity. Worth mentioning that Laguz gain 15 more capacity at level 15.

Resolve is a broken skill that honestly has complications the further you get into the game. When you have someone with 40 speed they then get 40 avoid from it. That can often times make someone invincible (if they were already taking 50-60 hit rates to begin with).

I'd rather make resolve locked on the units it comes with since it them becomes a buff for them too, without being OP.

Laguz. They suck still.

Laguz being extremely weak when untransformed is kinda the point... You're supposed to avoid it happening. Vika stays transformed for 5 turns and then untransformed for 2. And it's impossible for her to lose transformation in mid-enemy phase.

Muarim's gauge goes down so slowly that a Grass can very easily keep him going.

Volug's viability past part 1 is very variable based on how good his Laguz Gauge is set to be. I can make it amazing if her needs it. I doubt his stats will be a problem with full transform bonuses. A level 10+ Volug is really strong.

EXP is definitely not enough.

Going up in the next release. Higher enemy levels without their stats going up much at all.

I can just replicate that if there's still an issue.

The supports need to go back to how they were in Vanilla. Some of the changes just plain don't make sense. Water for instance? This affinity no longer helps Leonardo at all and makes him easily the least desirable support partner around.

Agree with the former point. But completely disagree with the latter. Water is probably the best one you can have. Meg appreciates it a lot, an Leo likes the extra hit rate for Longbows. Aran already has great hit and Water is probably the best support he can have. Edward/Leo is already really good, since it usually results in him getting 3HKOed rather than 2HKOed.

In regards to dodge rates, the intention is that units who are meant to have good avoid are the only ones that should have that. Vika being an example.

Earth is going up to +4 avoid (which is +24 avoid with A earth/earth) but no more than that. Avoid should be something extremely valuable. A SRPG should be based around you being expected to get hit. Dodge tanking really doesn't add much to gameplay IMO and abusing it makes innate tankiness (DEF/RES) matter far less than it should. It's one of the reason why armor knights is generally bad in this series. Why take less damage when you can take none?

I'm fine with someone like Vika having huge avoid because it's balanced around her weaknesses, the issue with buffing earth is that with units like her, it can become an issue. And/or making other units that aren't her gain her kind of avoid which A) Is a nerf to her and B) nerf to actually tanky units.

2 Range weapon enemies. There are too many. Especially noticeable in a land where dodge is rare.

There are melee magi in the next release and less ranged weapons too.

Micaiah: Slightly more durable but has weaker offense. Kind of a nerf as she's still pretty frail and has no business being on the front lines. Basically you'll still have her attacking people to weaken them for others to kill them for her. Still, at least she's not an instant game over if you accidentally let her get attacked, which means... You can actually let her be attacked, which means a brain fart isn't a potential game over.

Offense is going up in the next update because of access to Ellight early and dark magic.

Having potential enemy phase though is certain a boost to her offense, even if player phase is/was a bit worse. However, she does have an 18 speed cap which on average she will hit. That's enough to double most things before 1-E.

The important part however is that she scales better.

Nolan still reigns king as the most useful unpromoted unit that you have because of how often he's around and how solid his stats are.

Nolan is not going to be changed with improvements to other units. So that's fine.

Edward is kind of worse. In Vanilla he had some shaky doubling at moments, but if you used him, he was fine. Supporting with Nolan essentially made him immune to biorhythms as a bonus, and gave him enough avoid to have 70-40. Now? Nolan's support is barely helpful to him and gives him overkill hit, and the enemy strength means that he's not doubling anything, and with a miserably base strength like he has, he's not doing much here. Funny thing about you having a standard Edward be 17/1 is that mine is 15, and that's including giving him BEXP on occasion.

Higher EXP rates and a lower base level should help with this. What's interesting about Edward though is that people say he's either weak or insanely strong with no real inbetween. He's kind of a wildcard and I think that's fine.

However, with access to an early Wo Dou and Brave Sword it's not difficult for him to dominate and he has a really solid defense. Early procs in speed/defense can make or break him.

Leonardo is still uneventful because he doesn't remain fast enough to continue doubling so he can't even keep up a good stride to help, and his lackluster strength isn't helping. Even worse is that he's less desirable now that he's no longer 1 of 2 units that provide attack bonuses. The other being Micaiah who already has a free A support. Disarm makes far more sense than Cancel as a base skill.

He's quite a bit better in the next update (Longbow updates, early steelbow access, C bows at base, more STR).

Laura: So far she hasn't done anything differently, just been a higher level. She's still frail, and can't attack worth anything because she isn't promoted. I can't say she's buffed or nerfed because she has been so samey.

She has double the speed base and can actually be attacked without getting slaughtered. Also, her caps are far more fair to her.

That's all you can really do to buff a 'healer' (movement aside). She's far better when promoted though and reaches that state a lot more easily.

Sothe : The EXP problem is real here as Blossom essentially means that anything he kills goes into a complete void. Biorhythm changes hurt him a lot because there are moments where he can't dodge, and that's when you realize... Sothe doesn't have super good defense anymore. Meg starts with the a higher amount he does 15, and starts at level 8, Sothe is level --/1 and starts with 13. His offense? Is even worse. He's like Sothe from Vanilla, just faster, which is a shame, because he doesn't really have much going for him anymore outside of stealing stuff from enemies now.

Being nerfed in part 1 is the intention. Being buffed later on certainly is too.

Blossom is controversial, I suppose. But as a nod to both PoR and also making sure you don't overuse him before 1-4, are both good merits. You can choose to remove it anyway, and give it to someone else. Or sell it.

You can use it smartly. Remove it for a map to get Sothe near a level and then re-equip it. Or through BEXP. It's a neat tool to have and putting it on Sothe makes sense.

Ilyana : is much improved from Vanilla, but it's not enough. She still is an EXP thief that'll steal from the DB and the DB still has a real struggle with EXP. Despite being better, she's not good enough to warrant using over other units that are EXP thieves as well like Tormod or Muarim with a Laguz Stone.

Ilyana is a unit that needs more context for part 3. The GM maps are going to be harder than the DB, so investment in Ilyana can be worth it, because she's a pretty strong unit.

But she's also been given a whole lot of changes and perks. There are a lot more enemy dracos and thunder magic is changing. But either way I think there's plenty of incentive to use her for part 3.

Meg: Tank. Can actually do something now and contribute. The enemies scale a bit too fast, so she's in real danger of doubling if you don't get a couple of good level ups on her speed. Because even with 75% speed growth, 8 base speed is still pretty wretched. A great user of the provoke skill however.

I gave her 1 more base speed to make that less likely to happen.

Volug: Nerfed. And he feels it. Hard. Sure, his growths allow for him to be overall stronger, but as a unit starting out? He's definitely weaker, and he's harder to use because he's much more fragile this time around and the enemies are noticeably stronger. You'll mostly be seeing hp and luck levels when he does level and it's really hard for him to keep up with your Beorc units. I can feel that he won't be good by Part 3.

On average he's plenty strong in part 3 above level 10 or so, since his stats are actually doubled. He will also have S rank strike by then and possibly nearing SS.

It's very easy for me to tweak his Laguz gauge or the amount of WEXP he gains to buff him outside of stats.

Tauroneo: He's a solid tank and definitely your best unit for Part 1-6. He'll definitely suck later on though. As usual.

Not with his (unique) tier 3 promotion bonuses. They're amazing.

Jill: It's like having a strength transferred Jill ... At the cost of having inferior growths. Losing 15% strength getting more skill and hp and res. Not by those tiny amounts. Not like you'll notice her growths anyways in Part 1, she barely gets to fight a ton.

Jill was always good and she's still good. I mainly just tweaked her to make her feel more of a Draco rather than a confused Peg Knight with an Axe. She's still fast though.

Zihark: Better growths that you won't notice. Other than that, I'd say he's largely the same, but that nerf to Earth hurts him quite a bit. And losing 2 points of strength really didn't make much sense either. He's also slower and less skilled for some reason. Actually, scratch that, he's just plain weaker. Why? He wasn't even that strong in Vanilla, just stronger than the other kids in the group.

He's about the same but there's totally room for buffs if he needs it. It all comes down to the later parts of the game.

Fiona: Still bad. Just considerably less bad. Still not worth using. And now with the lost of Earth affinity being good, there is no hope for you even wanting to have her just scoot around giving someone an evasion boost.

While she does have a couple improvements in the next update (higher weapon rank, usable in 1-8, paragon access) I think you're still undervaluing her.

If you her give her a master crown as soon as she joins she's more than usable. If you then observe her as a level 1 prepromote she's pretty solid. With the added bonus of being able to be trained before promoting. A couple of levels in 1-7 is fine.

She no longer has movement issues and can move through marshes now. So none of the maps she's in is no longer a barrier for her. Only ledges.

She's a unit that requires a low amount of investment to be good, especially with the changes mentioned above.

Tormod: Ignoring his growths for a minute, why is he just plain weaker. He's higher in level but has lower stats. It's nice to see he no longer has higher strength growth than his magic growth but he still needs help. Are you planning to have him Join in Part 3? If so, that's not so bad, if not? Fix him. He needs it. Badly.

He has ridiculous promo bonuses for tier 3 and can be BEXP'ed in tandem with that when he returns.

Vika: Much better initial equipped skill, so no problems there, and her growths are better. She just seems better here. But does it matter? That depends on if she joins in Part 3. She's still a laguz so she suffers from that problem, but she can actually help by standing around with Daunt.

Similar to Tormod, BEXP can make her extremely strong in part 4 since her HP/LCK growths are lower than her other stats and it'll be cheap to raise her low level at the time.

Same with Muarim.

BK: Meh. He's really weak in comparison to what he used to be but now he can actually help other people level because he's so weak now that you can actually fight. Although it makes Micaiah's Chapter 9 incredibly tedious. A ton of units that run out at you and neither unit can double? Yuck.

That map's got changed quite a bit. Otherwise, it's better off that he isn't broken.

Naliah: Massively nerfed, and the fact that she was and she's still decent says leagues about her... In part 1. She feels pretty powerful transformed unit when she's transformed, and feels fairly vulnerable when she's not. I'd say she feels "right," but when you have 11 speed untransformed, everything doubles you by the endgame, so no... No it's not. I don't see her being good passed part 1. She does have more potential for growth, but I don't really care. Laguz need to start out good and become better. Period. They just plain don't work otherwise. They have too many drawbacks to be comparable to a Beorc when they are transformed -- which is what I feel like you're planning on doing with her later. In Part 1? She's perfect. When transformed, she's without a doubt the strongest of your units, when she's not transformed, she's still more powerful than weaker Beorc and definitely more durable than backliners, but has far less power than stronger Beorc like Nolan.

More tweaks will be likely done with her when it comes to part 4 balance.

The ideal result for her a good middle ground between part 1 "dominance" and part 4 usability.

Do you plan to make any changes to the heavy weapons?

EX: Blades, Greatlances, ect...

Yes. They're now much more inaccurate/heavier but are even stronger (and boost WEXP too). They're made to make hit boosting supports and skill/luck more useful. And abusing low Biorhythm.

Overall a buff to them for specific units, but they're more expensive too.

Edited by DLuna