Emma and Shade should be Season 2 DLC

I mean come on they look so unique plus tcg has Minerva and Mask Marth also Anna as DLC also more Sorcerers and Pegasus warriors wouldn't hurt.

Also human Lilith and Lala should be too.

Pictures

I agree with you. I think that they would be a fun addition/bonus to the game should they be made available as season 2 DLC.

I like the idea of introducing them into Fates, but supports would be an issue because Emma is only 13.

The game already let's you marry Elise and Sakura which are around that age at most too, I highly doubt they give a damn about this.

Not to mention literall kids Kamui is mentioned to have met when they where babies along visiting them with their parents and the like a time or two, reminds me of Twilight, aka not a good thing.

But yeah having them as spotpass caracters should be fun enough..

I am quite mixed on them.I like that they exist though I don't know if I would like them as playable characters.Unless of coarse we get a triangle attack in which I will be extremely pleased.

Edited by Azz01

They would be interesting DLC and they could bring interesting supports if they get any... but I really don't like their designs at all and don't want them as DLC because that means they're hiding two original characters behind a paywall. Spotpass would be okay though, if they could find a way to do it.

Shade bothers me for the same reasons other dark mages bother me, and Emma looks like one of those moe "Kawaii-desu!" characters with a squeaky toy voice, which my classmates made me begin to hate because 1/2 the people in my school are obsessed with those characters.

Pictures working now...I could see the Pegasus rider, but I don't really think the Dark Mage is anything spectacular...

Am I the only one that thinks "Emma" doesn't sound like the name of someone from Hoshido? (I mean, her parents could've wanted an exotic name. Unless Emma is a Japanese name and I'm not realizing this?)

It is in katakana, but all names in Fire Emblem are in katakana, so it could possibly be the uncommon Japanese name "Ema" and Emma is simply confusion from the translator. Either that or she is Nohrian born.

Really, though, they are pronounced the same, and Em(m)a isn't a very foreign-sounding name from a Japanese perspective.

Edited by gayserbeam

It is in katakana, but all names in Fire Emblem are in katakana, so it could possibly be the uncommon Japanese name "Ema" and Emma is simply confusion from the translator. Either that or she is Nohrian born.

Really, though, they are pronounced the same, and Em(m)a isn't a very foreign-sounding name from a Japanese perspective.

This is addressed by the translator in the topic actually.

It's a bit of a pun, her name is in fact spelled Ema but the .jpg files for her icons in the are named with Emma so she went with that.

From a gameplay perspective, I really hope that these two bring something new to the table. Be it a great personal skill, nice mods, or just a combination of classes we don't currently have in Fates, I just want something other than design to justify making getting these characters. Maybe just have them have 3 trees to use, like Flora, since they're almost certainly going to be Kamuisexuals like Awakening's SpotPass characters.

Design-wise, Shade has a generic name, generic class, and generic design. I really hope they do something to switch up people's 1st impressions of her, because being an "experienced dark mage from Nohr" isn't really appealing to anybody in a game thinking with their heads. Everything about her just screams "Tharja" to me, and I wasn't the biggest fan of Tharja in the first place. While Emma's name might be an odd choice for a Hoshidan character, her design alone already puts her ahead of Shade. We have less Pegasus Knights than we do magic-users, and the "klutzy trainee" thing could either get real boring real fast, or could actually make for good supports. Even with the whole age-thing, it seems slightly less controversial if the early adolescent you're romancing isn't part of your family. The dress looking good and being unique is just gravy to me. I'm gonna be cautiously optimistic about her even though the mods of Pegasus Knights in Fates have been sub-par at best.

Who are these characters by the way? Are they just units for the trading card game that we speculate might be recruitable in the game later? I honestly don't like Shade's design one bit, since I think Sorcerers and sorceresses look pretty darn bad in this game - her only difference is that she's got big horns for no discernible reason.

However, I do think it's a bit rushed to assume we know anything about their personalities; Sakura's promotional art had her in this really, really awkward pose that, if I hadn't read her bio, would've lead me to believe she was clumsy, but she's not.

Who are these characters by the way? Are they just units for the trading card game that we speculate might be recruitable in the game later?

They're original characters created for the Fates expansion of Fire Emblem Cipher, and they host a blog on the official Cipher website. They're used as mascots on the official website, so people have speculated that they'll be added to Fates later on.

They're original characters created for the Fates expansion of Fire Emblem Cipher, and they host a blog on the official Cipher website. They're used as mascots on the official website, so people have speculated that they'll be added to Fates later on.

I see, thank you for the explanation. Have they revealed anything that would give us a clue as to how they would act if they were to become recruitable characters?