Censoring CG cutscenes possible?

HeartTranquil

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm. This is an excellent question.That much rear shown on Tharja in a stationary image was censored. But, I'm doubtful they will scrap it completely or remake a new scene. Then again, my knowledge of the process of how to make CGI scenes are low, but I doubt it's a done-in-two-minutes job.

there's an obvious way to censor it: cut it entirely. it has exactly zero content outside of jiggletits, so if getting rid of the jiggletits is the way to go, it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper to just completely scrap the cutscene than it would be to try and edit the jiggletits out while preserving everything else

whether they actually will is a different story, but were it up to me, that cutscene would be straight out of the game, no questions asked

there's an obvious way to censor it: cut it entirely. it has exactly zero content outside of jiggletits, so if getting rid of the jiggletits is the way to go, it'd be a hell of a lot cheaper to just completely scrap the cutscene than it would be to try and edit the jiggletits out while preserving everything else

whether they actually will is a different story, but were it up to me, that cutscene would be straight out of the game, no questions asked

Yeah but then the problem is then you only have one sibling with no cutscene. All siblings (except Elise I think) get at least one personal cutscene. It would make for a consistency error.

Yeah but then the problem is then you only have one sibling with no cutscene. All siblings (except Elise I think) get at least one personal cutscene. It would make for a consistency error.

No Elise got a cutscene in IK.

true though that is, i'm not so sure it's a big deal. as it stands, camilla's is already very inconsistent with the other cutscenes in terms of tone and content; both the brothers and her direct counterpart hinoka get impressive action scenes, the younger sisters get cloying cutesy meeting stuff, but party tit gets... well, party tit. with that in mind, i'd say the inconsistency caused by the loss would be a minimal one

I'd be willing to bet money that it would not be censored. I'm not a betting man.

1) Part of the cutscene was in the English Trailer

2)Any attempt to meaningfully censor or change the cutscene would be difficult barring removing the scene entirely or cutting out the lead-in angles. Honestly it is more trouble that it is worth.

People need to stop worrying so much about this game getting censored. At worst we will get some personality changes and revised supports. Until we see evidence otherwise I would not entertain the idea of this game being that censored.

I'd be willing to bet money that it would not be censored. I'm not a betting man.

1) Part of the cutscene was in the English Trailer

2)Any attempt to meaningfully censor or change the cutscene would be difficult barring removing the scene entirely or cutting out the lead-in angles. Honestly it is more trouble that it is worth.

People need to stop worrying so much about this game getting censored. At worst we will get some personality changes and revised supports. Until we see evidence otherwise I would not entertain the idea of this game being that censored.

agree I'm not worried at all.

Censoring CG cutscene is possible but I don't think there are willing to do so.

Also, I don't think the game will be censored. I mean FE14 has a "Cero C" (15+) rating in Japan.

So it will most likely be a "T for Teen" (maybe a "M") for ESRB and a "16" for PEGI.

With this kind of rating I don't think they will censor anything.

Doubt it'll be censored. There's a pretty similar scene in Hyrule Warriors and it was left untouched. And from a purely self-serving standpoint for Nintendo of America/Europe, it's a virtual certainty that removing this scene would lose them more sales than it gains them, and net them more bad publicity than good.

As usual I am shaking my head at the fact that people consider this to be more censor-worthy than, I dunno, all the violent warfare present in the game.

(I say this as someone with no particular opinion on the scene itself.)

That censored beac scene. Is it fanmade?

Yes. It's just a parody of the Awakening one. The actual scene from the DLC shows her full body with the swimsuit.

Censoring CG cutscene is possible but I don't think there are willing to do so.

Also, I don't think the game will be censored. I mean FE14 has a "Cero C" (15+) rating in Japan.

So it will most likely be a "T for Teen" (maybe a "M") for ESRB and a "16" for PEGI.

With this kind of rating I don't think they will censor anything.

The problem might be that there isn't really a rating between T and M in NA, and Intellegent Systems has never released an M-Rated game. It's sort of a no-no for first-party Nintendo developers.

I was searching to know what kind of contents FE14 has. But I don't find anything.

I can assume that there is at least the same thing as Awakening Japanese Version : Romance, Sexual Content, Violence, Crime and Language.

From what I learn about the ESRB rating (thank you, Wikipedia) it will most likely be rated "Teen" for the USA based on the Japanese contents.

But for the PEGI, the contents I stated before is enough to get a "16".

As long as they do not discard the Sexual Content as they did for Awakening (that's the reason they censored things in Awakening DLCs, I think).

So yeah, this could definitely be a problem.

Edited by Ycine

While I'm not always the biggest fan of censorship, I'm on Bookofholsety's side on this one. Removing the Camilla cutscene would really change little Superior Onee-san deserves better

6a2.jpg

:/

There's also a gif of that cutscne where she's censored, but I can't find it

That is hilarious. I bet they would photoshop a grass skirt on her or something along the lines of the sun's glare. Miiverse mods might be looking at a long day when this DLC gets released.

Geez, censor one little ass shot and suddenly you're 4Kids

Well the censorship itself is a bit insulting. Censoring something as insignificant as a woman in a bikini in a game where characters can marry their cousins, uncles, and shotas while also using the very same units to kill people due to "cultural differences" is stupid. We, as players and paying customers, should never be withheld from content (no matter how small) because we speak different languages or live in different countries.

Geez, censor one little ass shot and suddenly you're 4Kids

I don't really mind censorship but to me it's less of the fact that they censored her, and more of how lazy and hilariously stupid their method of censorship was.

I can't look at that picture without laughing. Couldn't they have gotten Kozaki to draw a new image for NA, or, since they were already in Photoshop pasting that censor cloth on her, they could have spent another 5 minutes to draw one of those swimsuit skirts(I don't know what they're called) on her or something.

I don't really care either way, but for the people saying it won't get censored cause a part of it appeared in an early trailer, couldn't they just cut off the beginning part with the most egregious fanservice? Or cut and paste a bit to make it not as choppy if they do decide to censor it that way?

Personally I feel like they either won't censor this and the majority of the fanservice, or just splash white out all over the game, either or.