Censoring CG cutscenes possible?

HeartTranquil

Well the censorship itself is a bit insulting. Censoring something as insignificant as a woman in a bikini in a game where characters can marry their cousins, uncles, and shotas while also using the very same units to kill people due to "cultural differences" is stupid. We, as players and paying customers, should never be withheld from content (no matter how small) because we speak different languages or live in different countries.

I don't think wiping out the world with a zombie dragon can be chalked as "cultural differences" lol

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D'you think the guys at Intelligent Systems just went "alright, we've got to make sure we manage to show off ALL the lewd parts"? Like, who came up with the idea, and what was the response? Maybe something along the lines of "fucking brilliant, Frank!"

Well the censorship itself is a bit insulting. Censoring something as insignificant as a woman in a bikini in a game where characters can marry their cousins, uncles, and shotas while also using the very same units to kill people due to "cultural differences" is stupid. We, as players and paying customers, should never be withheld from content (no matter how small) because we speak different languages or live in different countries.

I agree with this. I want the game to be as faithful as possible to the original so I can judge it on its own merits. I think fanservice in video games can go both ways, so I can like it of hate it depending on how it's executed, but let ME be the judge of that.

At this point, if they want to censor something, they could just give Camillia a new armor.

I highly doubt they will considering in the Treehouse stream, Camilla had her normal armor on.

Anyways, really without this scene the next scene really does not make sense IMO.I mean first we see the Hoshidans get ticked off by seeing Camilla, Camilla lewd scene then Camilla s hugging MU.With the lewdness it would not make sense.

Anyways until they confirm or de-confirm that they are censoring stuff, I am sticking with they are not censoring.

Yea I'm agree too but if they r​eally want to censor somethi​ng so badly, they could give her a new armor. Although, I have no idea if the localization team could do that kind of redesign.

But I really doubt they will censor the cutscene of Camillia because for those who remember the Paletuna's trailer for Smash4, she had a similar cutscene of introduction but no one censored it.

Do I think the cutscene is just pointless fanservice (like there's any other kind) and it's censoring/removal would have no bearing on much of anything, really? Yep.

Do I think there's any chance of Fates getting an M rating?

Nope.

Not just the whole "no 1st-party Nintendo game can be rated higher than a T", but also that the general pattern is that the ESRB are less strict now. Really, for a game to get an M rating it would have to have (a) a bunch of gore, (b) f-bombs dropped, or © explicit sexual references and material. So, pretty much an R rating.

You guys seen how much fanservice BlazBlue has? It's rated T.

The ESRB also seems to have loosened up a bit; Halo 5 is rated T, for pretty much the same reasons all the other games were M.

Fates could come over uncensored and still get a T rating.

Edited by The DanMan

Yea I'm agree too but if they r​eally want to censor somethi​ng so badly, they could give her a new armor. Although, I have no idea if the localization team could do that kind of redesign.

But I really doubt they will censor the cutscene of Camillia because for those who remember the Paletuna's trailer for Smash4, she had a similar cutscene of introduction but no one censored it.

same with Cias cutscene too.

D'you think the guys at Intelligent Systems just went "alright, we've got to make sure we manage to show off ALL the lewd parts"? Like, who came up with the idea, and what was the response? Maybe something along the lines of "fucking brilliant, Frank!"

Naw, fairly sure whoever came up with that cutscene was watching James Bond for one of the particular reasons why you watch James Bond films.

point still stands.

Oh yeah, I'm not debating your initial point at all.

My point is that Hyrule Warriors is pretty heavy on the fanservice in more than one way, so complaining about Fates getting some of its own and expecting it to be censored in the localization feels kinda silly.

Oh yeah, I'm not debating your initial point at all.

My point is that Hyrule Warriors is pretty heavy on the fanservice in more than one way, so complaining about Fates getting some of its own and expecting it to be censored in the localization feels kinda silly.

oh ok exactly my thoughts too.

It seems to me that Fates would be a better game if Camilla and other characters had less ridiculous outfits and if she had a better personal cutscene. Any region making such a change or fixing any of the other flaws in Fates would at least be improving their own version of the game, although of course they won't.

I don't trust them to censor anything after censoring Tharja.

Original

summer-scramble-tharja.png

*Gasp* "What do you mean women have butts? We can't let the children see this!"

NA

summer-scramble-tharja-na.png

"Wait its rated T? Well we can't let teenagers know about women's bodies either! They're too young to see something that they've probably seen 100 times in real life."

I would prefer if we got less stupid designs on all the characters and less fanservice all around. I really don't think they'll remove any of the CGs from the game though.

Original

NA

"Wait its rated T? Well we can't let teenagers know about women's bodies either! They're too young to see something that they've probably seen 100 times in real life."

I would prefer if we got less stupid designs on all the characters and less fanservice all around. I really don't think they'll remove any of the CGs from the game though.

I never understood why Tharja was censored but yet this was not:

5jbjm4L.png

I mean, I don't think it should have been censored, because I think the image is fine but from my knowledge, isn't it boobs>butts when it comes to censoring?Or am I wrong?

EDIT:Fixed Image

Edited by Azz01

The image isn't loading btw. I don't know why they censored it, maybe an executive walked by and said it was too lewd and had them censor it. It could have been worse though, they could have censor something for being black.

Also, if I buy a fanservice dlc I expect to see some lady ass.

Edited by zerosabers

Original

NA

ff8.jpg

"This will affect all the teenagers in the army! Quick, conceal, don't feel and don't let them know what the female body looks like!"

ff8.jpg

"This will affect all the teenagers in the army! Quick, conceal, don't feel and don't let them know what the female body looks like!"

'Cause female bodies are an atrocity and must be hidden!'-NoA

Also now Let It Go is in my head.Thanks Thane.

It's really, really hard to get an M rating outside of swearing and yet those people still want it. Almost lustfully at this point. For ironic fear?

It really is not though. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies, aside from having the most confusing name in the history of ever, also got a rating of M, even though there's no nudity or swearing. There is one scene in the beginning and one towards the end which contain a fair amount of blood, other than that it's much lighter than earlier entries in the series, which all got a T, so predicting a rating is difficult.

Edited by Thane

It's really, really hard to get an M rating outside of swearing and yet those people still want it. Almost lustfully at this point. For ironic fear?

What, no one wants an M rating for the game.People are worried that if some stuff is not censored there may be an M rating and some people just want the lewd stuff gone for some reason or another.I mean I want all the lewd shit but I don't want a M rating cause I know younger friends who want to play but won't be able to get it if it M rated.