Censoring CG cutscenes possible?

HeartTranquil

Do I want it to be censored? yeah

Will it be censored? doubtful

kind of a shame that her only story role in this game is having lady bits, but it's just sort of a drop in the bucket at this point.

Edited by Phantom037

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only threw in this scene on purpose to have the players forgive her for her Psychopath behavior. Her motherly attitude also got the devs to throw in this scene. But...there could have been better ways of giving her personality that still would have given her just enough appeal for the fans. If they were to keep this scene, they likely will cover up her chest area with black leather, or something to be more appropriate. They would also have to do this with her face portrait as well since that's also pretty inappropriate. This is just to boost popularity to older audiences, but she can still have it by having some backstory of herself like everyone else instead of her obsession of Kamui. :)

Edited by Princess_Florina

The sibling with the massive battleaxe and the magic flying zombie dragon has just one cutscene and it's about her boobs

It's dumb and in bad taste. But it doesn't need to be censored. Although if the ESRB or NoA gave the translators the option to either censor the game or release it rated M, they will choose censorship over an M rating.

Ehh.. I have some knowledge in how the pipeline for making a game works, so I can give my insight:

Q: Can they censor the scene?

A: It really depends how the game loads up the scene, and how they attempt it; If the scene is saved somewhere along the lines of an .avi, quicktime, or something of the like, yes; they can take the file and cut out (abiet half the scene) all the scenes they don't like with a program like adobe after effects without much hassle. (I'm honestly thinking that is also how they might sync the audio too.)

Q: Can they just remove it the scene entirely?

A: If they want to risk breaking the game, sure. This is mainly dependent on how well the game was coded; if it'll skip the fact that a file is missing or a catastrophic failure like a windows program requesting a busted/broken/missing .dll file. (I've seen some pretty horrible coding which did this so..)

Q: Can they censor the scene by editing the footage?

A: Very good chance of 'no'. This would require them to go into the original animation source (Probably a scene in maya, edited with 2-3 other programs for final production video), edit it there, re-render the whole thing; and then put it back into the game (Which can either be really easy or a massive pain in the butt). Which is a) expensive and b) a waste of time and resources and c) Did was the source file provided in the first place.

The Tharja censorship from Summer Scramble was hilarious. I almost want them to censor Camilla, just to see what they'd do.

Give her full armor? She'd actually look better with that.

Even though you paid for the content which makes it further funny. XP

Q: Can they just remove it the scene entirely?

A: If they want to risk breaking the game, sure. This is mainly dependent on how well the game was coded; if it'll skip the fact that a file is missing or a catastrophic failure like a windows program requesting a busted/broken/missing .dll file. (I've seen some pretty horrible coding which did this so..)

Couldn't they just make the scene auto skip, instead of ripping it out?

Though I guess that technically wouldn't be good enough for the ESRB, not that the scene would make the game M rated

Couldn't they just make the scene auto skip, instead of ripping it out?

Better idea. Make the scene optionally skippable, so those who don't want to see it can just press Start and jump to the next scene. You already know how the scene begins so as soon as you see Camilla's feet you know what to do.

Heck, every FE game allows you to skip cutscenes even on first playthroughs, so this is all a non-issue.

• 3 months later...

Better idea. Make the scene optionally skippable, so those who don't want to see it can just press Start and jump to the next scene. You already know how the scene begins so as soon as you see Camilla's feet you know what to do.

Heck, every FE game allows you to skip cutscenes even on first playthroughs, so this is all a non-issue.

That's not gonna stop someone from getting offended and assblasted by it though.

There are very few things that could make me want something censored for any reason, but the idea of seeing Camilla lounging on the beach in full armor is one of them. That would be hilarious. Bonus points if her actual battle outfit is unchanged and thus skimpier than her beachwear.

(I'm not sure that's actually what was meant. But still.)

Do I think the scene will get censored? No.

Do I think the game will get an M rating? No.

Do I think the scene is out-of-place and unnecessary? Yes.

I'm honestly baffled by some of the choices that the development team makes. Like, what the hell is this scene supposed to convey about her as a character? We already know sibling marriage is a thing; you don't have to shove it in our faces. The hugging part is honestly fine, but couldn't they have done something like her arriving at the scene on her badass dragon, kicking some butts, and then getting off the dragon to hug Kamui, instead of something like this? Her design already provides enough sex appeal without the close-up shots, imo. Talk about degrading a character (especially since she already doesn't get much spotlight in the main story).

I guess this all ties back to my overall gripe with not really the fan service itself (although I would personally prefer it to be toned down), but the incompatibility between it and the somber tone of the main story. Does the development team want me to take the story seriously or not? I really can't tell. Maybe if they didn't try so hard at creating a dark, serious story and went with a more light-hearted one, all this wouldn't bother me nearly as much.

Edited by Tsuky