Who should I sacrifice?

Norne can staffbot. Therefore, Norne is as good as Jeigan QED.

On a serious note, Normal mode is where Jeigan's the least useful. On harder difficulties his Silver Lance is clutch.

Thanks for the info on Fray and I think I will send Jeigan this time since it is my first play through and when I play through on hard I will send Gordin. Thanks everyone for the help hopefully I can get back to this game this weekend if real life lets me.

Thanks for the info on Fray and I think I will send Jeigan this time since it is my first play through and when I play through on hard I will send Gordin. Thanks everyone for the help hopefully I can get back to this game this weekend if real life lets me.

Bold: Erm, you can't - hard mode skips the prologue, as stated by someone else earlier.

You don't play the prologue chapters on Hard, those chapters are Normal Mode exclusive so that;s the only way you can recruit Frey and Norne.

I usually sacrifice jagen , because it becomes increasingly useless with the game progresses,but also Gordin is a good choiche too,he is not very powerful , it can be said that he is quite useless, he is useful just in the early chapters(even there tbh).But if you want follow the plot and the real events of the game,you have to sacrifice Frey(a good unit imho).

• 2 weeks later...

I personaly always send jagen or i put on cheats and have silver lance for everyone or send a enemy XD. but don't send Gordin he is not that useful but he is with a strategy on the boss in chapter 1 possible to get him to level 10 he is not the best one and i would replace him with a higher level castor but as long as castor isn't higher than Gordin just keep Gordin alive.

Grinding doesn't matter, and there's no reason why one would waste their time to grind a mediocre unit like Gordin, especially on normal. Just send Gordin because he's that unuseful, whereas Jagen can fly and hit hard when most of the others can't and still be viable later on.

The OP probably is past the prologue already though.

Edited by Gradivus.

• 1 month later...

I'd wish you could sacrifice Draug... But unfortunately he joins to late. Actually a hardish pick, as Gordin has some use early game. But Frey overpowers his rather quickly. Cain seems to be the weakest cavalier, but will still grow stronger then Gordin. If you do Warp skipping later on, it actually won't matter much. Jagen is just to good to pass up.

So pick either Cain or Gordin. If you would pick Gordin, then you might aswell kill him for the EXP.

I'll be honest, I always sacrificed Jagen because honestly, one doesn't really need him in Normal mode. I'm sure he makes things easier, but it's more fun for me personally to do things without using the Jagen, because they're a crutch that at this point I'd be ashamed of myself if I needed... At least, in most Fire Emblem games.

As far as usefulness goes, Gordin is probably the worst unit out of the Prologue batch, so as mean as it sounds, nothing of (gameplay) value would really be lost if you sacrificed him. You get Wolf and Sedgar not too far in, and Jeorge a bit later, and all three of them can pick up the Bow slack for you. (Even if Wolf and Sedgar are better in other classes)

Edited by Starlight36