The best FE smash character is...

Swords and Seals

Ike is definitely 2nd best, in my opinion. His attacks are extremely powerful, but his attacks are soooooo.......... slow........

roy is a mix, and he's our boy, so that's why I love him.

Don't judge.

:Roy:

I wish she was a playable fighter... *sobs*

:Lyn:

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

It's the Black Knight, his costume is just so awesome. I wish mii's could be taler, because he doesn't look to intimidating against Ike.

What about the fan favorite Ike Climbers?

But jokes aside, I'd have to say Roy considering his slightly charged forward smash can kill at 45-60 on a lot of characters. His Neutral B also has surprisingly low lag, and if the enemy's shield is broken then Tier 8 Eruption has nothing on not-even-fully-charged Flare Blade. Although I have to say that Ike's recent buffs has really improved his overall gameplay, even if he still isn't in peak form.

Roy Pros: Agile, powerful, not too much lag, can combo out of grab easily, is our boy.

Cons: Recovery doesn't have great vertical distance, have to practically be touching to hit sweet spots, gives sympathy

It terms of strength, Lyn would be at the top seeing as she has a (usually) one-hit KO strike. But she's not playable.

Playable-wise, Ike is one of my mains, so... There's that.

Somebody make a hack that makes Lyn or other Assist Trophies playable!

Ike is definitely 2nd best, in my opinion. His attacks are extremely powerful, but his attacks are soooooo.......... slow........

roy is a mix, and he's our boy, so that's why I love him.

Don't judge.

I don't like Roy much, sorry. So he's not "our boy."

Not all of Ike's attacks are slow. All his tilts, b-air, f-air, side-b (particularly Close Combat), and all his Aethers are pretty quick. Only his smash attacks are really slow. He's also heavy, so he's harder to KO than a lot of the cast, and he has nice range with Ragnell. Aether Wave gives him a projectile too, and the only projectile out of the whole FE cast other than Robin, I think. :P

Oh yeah, Roy's recovery is worse than Ike's too. Ike's isn't amazing, but he can at least recover with either up-b OR side-b...lol

Edited by Anacybele

^Robin with Arcfire and Thoron disagrees with your logic.

I'm actually second best with Robin while Ike is my worst character of my mains.

Maybe its bias towards her due to the existence of the Tiki skin, but I found Lucina to be the best of the FE characters with customs enabled.

I've had her KO at 20% with her forward smash, and the dashing shield breaker is rather broken.

Dashing Assault isn't safe on shields whatso ever,

It's mostly a contest of Ike, Roy and Marth who people are disagreeing with their placements atm, Smashboards has Marth>Roy while Reditt has Roy>Marth, while Ike is higher then both.

Robin is somewhere in low mid or low, Lucina is at the bottom.

Edited by Jedi

Marth better than Roy? That's the first I've heard this. And I personally have more trouble against Roy than Marth. But maybe Marth's recent buffs have helped him a lot, I dunno.

But if Smashboards and Reddit both put Ike the highest of them all, that works for me. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Marth better than Roy? That's the first I've heard this. And I personally have more trouble against Roy than Marth. But maybe Marth's recent buffs have helped him a lot, I dunno.

Well Ike seems to wabble around but he's generally seen as Good, and Smashboards is calling Roy overhyped while Reddit seems to think he's the best, although Reddit is hampered by the fact there are some very anti Marth people on there who say Marth is the worst character in the game bar none.

Well Ike seems to wabble around but he's generally seen as Good, and Smashboards is calling Roy overhyped while Reddit seems to think he's the best, although Reddit is hampered by the fact there are some very anti Marth people on there who say Marth is the worst character in the game bar none.

Huh, I see. And Marth isn't the worst in this game...lol no. But Ike is actually GOOD, I'm so glad. He was bad in Brawl, is apparently bad in Codename Steam, and was bad in this game at first. He just couldn't be good in anything outside FE. Now he IS, omg, yes. XD

Edited by Anacybele

yeah it's Roy. Ike's not bad, but Roy's forward smash kills at like 2.5% 60% or something sweet spotted, and he just has a ton of quick kill moves in general.

Marth's KO's around that very same % sweetspoted though. Marth and Ike are overall safer, but Roy is more rushdown. Roy has alot going for him though, but he lacks some things, like a good recovery (which can be used as a KO move yes). But still.

Edited by Jedi

Marth's KO's around that very same % sweetspoted though. Marth and Ike are overall safer, but Roy is more rushdown. Roy has alot going for him though, but he lacks some things, like a good recovery (which can be used as a KO move yes). But still.

Fair enough point about the recovery, but Roy does have nice horizontal movement, which some of the other fe characters lack. I'm also fairly certain Roy's sweet spot hitbox is larger than Marth's but I could be wrong.

^I can speak from experience that Roy's sweetspot is indeed larger.

Also, I know Lucy is generally considered the worst, which is precisely why it stuck out to me so much when I enabled customs and I suddenly became amazing with her.

I find it hilarious how backwards the characters transition from FE to Smash.

Roy in FE can be good, I've never had a bad one honestly, but he requires so much favoritism that he's definitely not a good FE character unit wise, still my second favorite lord character tho, but in Smash, he's flipping amazing by all counts.

Lucina and Robin are both very good units in Awakening, but in Smash, they aren't so great.

Ike and Marth are middle of the pack in their games, not counting RD transfer bonuses here, and they are the same in Smash, Tho that's solely because they are in the middle of the pack.

Fair enough point about the recovery, but Roy does have nice horizontal movement, which some of the other fe characters lack. I'm also fairly certain Roy's sweet spot hitbox is larger than Marth's but I could be wrong.

It is a little larger, but Roy also has to be in a more dangerous location to utilize it.

i think ike barely beats roy out. roy has good tools and mobility, but i think ike's tools flow together better. ike can space people out well with that big sword, while roy can use his speed to get things done, but i feel like ike's playstyle is more reliable. roy's all about getting in, but it's not like ike is helpless in close combat since he has a decent jab and his aerials are safe on shield iirc. ike also has a better time getting KO's, as all of his attacks give a lot of knockback. roy's f smash is really strong, but you need to read people's actions to land smash attacks like that. reading people is certainly possible, but it's not reliable.

i also don't think marth is that bad, but i don't know enough about him to place him above or below roy. it would probably come down to who has better matchups against the top tiers.

Edited by PichuMaster3000